PDA

View Full Version : Toronto's NFL dreams basically crushed. (and Bon Jovi still sucks)

WagonCircler
07-01-2014, 09:12 AM
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/06/30/exclusive-rogers-wont-lead-second-toronto-group-bidding-for-bills?token=7894eb05a8b56da9ada5b48f0ae73e14

This is a fantastic article. Sorry to disappoint those of you openly rooting for the Bills to move (and by that I mean, piss off and die).

Edward Rogers III will not lead a second Toronto bid group aiming to buy the Buffalo Bills, QMI Agency has learned.

And the one Toronto group there is apparently has begun to get out the message that it will not -- repeat, not -- relocate the team from Western New York.

Quite the news day....

Perhaps, as some are speculating in Western New York and QMI Agency is now hearing too, each bidder as part of the process will be asked to explain its long-term plan for making the team prosper in Western New York.

In which case, if true, Bon Jovi, Tanenbaum and their group of co-investors could not possibly bid on the team by reiterating their original, long-held intention -- one revealed publicly in November by MLSE president and CEO Tim Leiweke in a Toronto Star interview -- to buy the Bills and move them to Canada's most populous city....

...If this indeed is the new course of Toronto's one and only Buffalo Bills bid group, it's like I've been saying all along.

The Bills aren't leaving Western New York this decade, and probably for a lot longer than that. Even to Toronto.

For those counting at home, that's two doomed Bills-in-Toronto ventures to die an overdue death this year.

Scumbag College
07-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Hopefully this will end the "Toronto Bills" rumors that have been around for what seems to be the past two decades.

Bill Cody
07-01-2014, 09:58 AM
This is really nothing new. Anyone intent on moving the team would have to give lip service to staying, there's no other way to keep the fans. But bald faced lying is how billionaire's get to be billionaire's. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

better days
07-01-2014, 10:24 AM
This is really nothing new. Anyone intent on moving the team would have to give lip service to staying, there's no other way to keep the fans. But bald faced lying is how billionaire's get to be billionaire's. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Agreed. Until Pegula or Golisano buys the Bills, they are in play to move.

I don't believe for one second a Toronto group would buy the Bills with the intent to keep them in Buffalo.

WagonCircler
07-01-2014, 10:26 AM

Rodgers pulling out? That's new. Jaworski saying that the Maple Leaf group won't move the team? That's a new quote, lying or not, and the quote about any prospective bidder having to detail their future plans for the franchise? Also new.

So, um, this is really almost 100% new.

better days
07-01-2014, 10:27 AM
But the good news is there is only one Toronto group left in play to buy the Bills.

better days
07-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Rodgers pulling out? That's new. Jaworski saying that the Maple Leaf group won't move the team? That's a new quote, lying or not, and the quote about any prospective bidder having to detail their future plans for the franchise? Also new.

Yeah, new news as regards Rodgers being out.

But I don't believe Jaws about Bon Jovi & the Toronto group keeping the Bills in Buffalo if they buy them.

WagonCircler
07-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Yeah, new news as regards Rodgers being out.

But I don't believe Jaws about Bon Jovi & the Toronto group keeping the Bills in Buffalo if they buy them.

I don't believe them either, but it's still new information that sheds light on the process. It indicates that the odds are even more stacked against those who would move the team than we've known about.

To say this is old news or "nothing new" is pure douchebaggery.

Bill Cody
07-01-2014, 01:00 PM

I don't consider the Rodgers thing really new because he was never definitely in, just a bunch of speculation as there always is with a bunch of likely candidates to bid.
The prospective bidder requirement part? That would be new if it was fact but as of now it's still just rumor and/or speculation. I hope it's the case but I honestly doubt it. That kind of requirement will depress the sales price. We'll see.

WagonCircler
07-01-2014, 03:55 PM
I don't consider the Rodgers thing really new because he was never definitely in, just a bunch of speculation as there always is with a bunch of likely candidates to bid.
The prospective bidder requirement part? That would be new if it was fact but as of now it's still just rumor and/or speculation. I hope it's the case but I honestly doubt it. That kind of requirement will depress the sales price. We'll see.

Whatever. I know you have a ******* quota, so, enjoy that.

Woodman
07-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Positive direction!!

Screw Tonto.

SpikedLemonade
07-01-2014, 04:26 PM
The Bills were never going to move to Toronto in the next decade for a variety of reasons.

The next decade or two is about the Buffalo area proving they deserve a NFL franchise by paying the average NFL price for tickets (including PSLs and corporate suites) while tailgating is squeezed onsite.

I hope it succeeds.

better days
07-01-2014, 08:39 PM
The Bills were never going to move to Toronto in the next decade for a variety of reasons.

The next decade or two is about the Buffalo area proving they deserve a NFL franchise by paying the average NFL price for tickets (including PSLs and corporate suites) while tailgating is squeezed onsite.

I hope it succeeds.

The Bills were never going to move in the next decade?

So you say now.

For a LONG TIME, I argued that the Bills were not moving, but had to argue with idiots that said the Bills were moving to LA or Toronto as soon as Ralph died.

OpIv37
07-01-2014, 08:42 PM

So you say now.

For a LONG TIME, I argued that the Bills were not moving, but had to argue with idiots that said the Bills were moving to LA or Toronto as soon as Ralph died.

1. The Bills may still move
2. Even if the Bills don't end up moving, it doesn't mean that it was never a possibility.

At this point, the Bills moving seems like it's less likely of a possibility than it was a short time ago, but it's still a possibility and no one knows what will happen. The reality is that anyone who claims the Bills are definitely moving or that the Bills are definitely staying is an idiot because there is no way of knowing for sure.

BertSquirtgum
07-01-2014, 08:50 PM

Nope. You're wrong. It's over for the Canadians on here secretly wishing the Bills move.

Bill Cody
07-01-2014, 10:03 PM

So you say now.

The lease deal was not known until recently and that made the possibility of moving in the short term quite remote. Everyone gets smarter when they get more valid information.

Bill Cody
07-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Nope. You're wrong. It's over for the Canadians on here secretly wishing the Bills move.

I don't know who those folks are. I strongly hope the Bills stay. But nothing I said is wrong. Hold off popping the champagne until we have a local owner, that's all I've ever wanted.

better days
07-02-2014, 06:33 AM
The lease deal was not known until recently and that made the possibility of moving in the short term quite remote. Everyone gets smarter when they get more valid information.

Well, a long time ago, Bob Rich said he & his friends view the Bills as a cultural asset to Buffalo & they would do everything in their power to keep the Bills in WNY.

Add in the fact that Ralph did not like the idea of teams moving & there were rumors long ago that Ralph had a plan in place to keep the Bills in Buffalo as well.

Famous Amos
07-02-2014, 07:28 AM
I don't know about secretly, but many of the Canadian posters here and on other sites bemoan the idea of the Bills in Toronto. They enjoy the tsillgating experience, the charter buses and the low ticket prices. Case in point, for the Bills in Toronto Series, it was an abject failure.

I think Bills fans in Canada want the team to stay in WNY. General NFL Canadian fans may feel differently.

However, I did hear some people talking about moving the team to NF, Canada or someplace close to the border. **** that.

ticatfan
07-02-2014, 07:48 AM
Where will they play in TO. My understanding is the skydome is not suitable place to play and it would cost 2 bill to build a new one.

better days
07-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Where will they play in TO. My understanding is the skydome is not suitable place to play and it would cost 2 bill to build a new one.

Where are the Argos going to play?

If the Toronto group bought the Bills, I would imagine that new Toronto team could share the stadium with the Argos.

The bigger issue is the fact the team would be playing in an empty stadium in Orchard Park until 2020.

Bill Cody
07-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Well, a long time ago, Bob Rich said he & his friends view the Bills as a cultural asset to Buffalo & they would do everything in their power to keep the Bills in WNY.

Add in the fact that Ralph did not like the idea of teams moving & there were rumors long ago that Ralph had a plan in place to keep the Bills in Buffalo as well.

You want talk and rumors? Buy the Enquirer. I prefer facts. The lease is a fact. The rest? Something to chit chat about until we actually see the result. Not that this will stop the brain surgeons on this board from crowing that they knew it all along if the team does get a local owner. You know what? That's fine by me, looking forward to it actually.

WagonCircler
07-02-2014, 09:29 AM
You want talk and rumors? Buy the Enquirer. I prefer facts. The lease is a fact. The rest? Something to chit chat about until we actually see the result. Not that this will stop the brain surgeons on this board from crowing that they knew it all along if the team does get a local owner. You know what? That's fine by me, looking forward to it actually.

90% of everything posted on a message board is speculation. Why don't you have the fire department come by with the jaws of life and have them remove there giant oak tree that's embedded in your ass.

I know you're devastated that the Bills are staying in Buffalo, but spare the rest of us your whining and shut the fk up.

Bill Cody
07-02-2014, 09:55 AM
90% of everything posted on a message board is speculation. Why don't you have the fire department come by with the jaws of life and have them remove there giant oak tree that's embedded in your ass.

I know you're devastated that the Bills are staying in Buffalo, but spare the rest of us your whining and shut the fk up.

Nope

SpikedLemonade
07-02-2014, 10:00 AM
I don't know about secretly, but many of the Canadian posters here and on other sites bemoan the idea of the Bills in Toronto. They enjoy the tsillgating experience, the charter buses and the low ticket prices. Case in point, for the Bills in Toronto Series, it was an abject failure.

I think Bills fans in Canada want the team to stay in WNY.

That is right.

I can tell you that the bus trips have dropped significantly over the past dozen or so years as crossing the border has become more and more of a struggle.

The new owner should focus on getting more Americans to attend games because even outside of bus trips, I see Canadian attendance decreasing as prices rise and tailgating becomes more restricted.

better days
07-02-2014, 10:25 AM

Well, the people I was arguing with at the time did not have any facts the Bills would move.

And they still don't.

Bill Cody
07-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Well, the people I was arguing with at the time did not have any facts the Bills would move.

And they still don't.

I've never said they would move. Can I have my lollipop now? This is the lollipop thread right?

ticatfan
07-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Where are the Argos going to play?

If the Toronto group bought the Bills, I would imagine that new Toronto team could share the stadium with the Argos.

The bigger issue is the fact the team would be playing in an empty stadium in Orchard Park until 2020.Trying to do a deal in BMO field. Rodgers have announced new grass for skydome and no football team will be allowed to play on it.

OpIv37
07-02-2014, 11:41 AM

Where will they play if they move to LA?

Hell, where will they play if they stay in Buffalo? The Ralph has 9 years left, tops. The out clause in the lease means it will likely only be 6.

The reality is that whoever buys the Bills is buying a team without a stadium.

If the team did move to TO, Skydome would be a stop-gap. They'd play there for a year or two while a new venue is bein built.

better days
07-02-2014, 11:51 AM

Hell, where will they play if they stay in Buffalo? The Ralph has 9 years left, tops. The out clause in the lease means it will likely only be 6.

If the team did move to TO, Skydome would be a stop-gap. They'd play there for a year or two while a new venue is bein built.

The Bills can't move until 2020 at the earliest. If a Toronto group or LA group buys the Bills they would have plenty of time to build a stadium, but they would be playing in an EMPTY Ralph Wilson Stadium until 2020.

better days
07-02-2014, 11:53 AM
I've never said they would move. Can I have my lollipop now? This is the lollipop thread right?

I think you would prefer a chit sandwich.

OpIv37
07-02-2014, 12:04 PM
The Bills can't move until 2020 at the earliest. If a Toronto group or LA group buys the Bills they would have plenty of time to build a stadium, but they would be playing in an EMPTY Ralph Wilson Stadium until 2020.

Unless they didn't tell anyone they were going to move until 2019....

better days
07-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Unless they didn't tell anyone they were going to move until 2019....

Well, Jaws said Bon Jovi & the Toronto group would keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Do you believe him? Does ANYONE believe him?

I don't think Bills fans are stupid, if a group from Toronto or LA buys the Bills, I expect an empty stadium until the team moves.

OpIv37
07-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Well, Jaws said Bon Jovi & the Toronto group would keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Do you believe him? Does ANYONE believe him?

I don't think Bills fans are stupid, if a group from Toronto or LA buys the Bills, I expect an empty stadium until the team moves.
And then they will just use lack of fan support as justification for moving.

Bill Cody
07-02-2014, 12:16 PM
I think you would prefer a chit sandwich.

why?

better days
07-02-2014, 12:17 PM

Sure they can do that, but who cares?

They would move the team even if every game sold out.

better days
07-02-2014, 12:18 PM
why?

Because you love to chit on threads.

Less digestion for you.

SpikedLemonade
07-02-2014, 12:24 PM

B-I-N-G-O!!!

The Bills will be raising prices every year by double digits right now to prey on the fans fear that if they do not support the team, a new stadium will not be built and the team will relocate in 2020.

The Bills are basically saying you complained about the game in Toronto and say you will support the Bills at the prices other NFL cities pay, prove it now by selling out these years leading up to 2020.

SpikedLemonade
07-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Sure they can do that, but who cares?

They would move the team even if every game sold out.

The NFL owners care.

They don't want to move a team that is selling out all their home games.

On the other hand, if black outs remain common, the NFL owners can simply agree to a move because the NFL has outgrown Buffalo.

WagonCircler
07-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Blackouts will be non-existent with a coherent, non-drooling owner.

This team will be competitive once it gets an owner who knows what day of the week it is and ******* snake oil salesmen like Brandon in favor of qualified professionals.

SpikedLemonade
07-02-2014, 01:08 PM
I hope you are right.

Brand new management is a must.

Still may take another 3 years thereafter to turn the ship however especially if EJ does not work out.

Ed
07-02-2014, 01:35 PM

The Skydome won't be an option as a stop-gap. Once they install permanent grass they won't have the ability to reconfigure for temporary seating, which means they won't be able to meet the NFL's minimum requirement for seating capacity. I believe the minimum is 55,000 and installing permanent grass will limit the Skydome to a max of 45,000 or so.

better days
07-02-2014, 02:24 PM
The NFL owners care.

On the other hand, if black outs remain common, the NFL owners can simply agree to a move because the NFL has outgrown Buffalo.

So you are saying the NFL owners do not want to see the Bills moved?

:phew:

SpikedLemonade
07-02-2014, 02:39 PM
So you are saying the NFL owners do not want to see the Bills moved?

:phew:

Not if the Bills are operating successfully in terms of the ticket sale and other revenue it shares rather than the NFL's poor cousin.

Why would they?

Bill Cody
07-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Because you love to chit on threads.

Less digestion for you.

If you say so. I think for myself. I'm not a sheep and I won't be bullied.

better days
07-02-2014, 04:22 PM
If you say so. I think for myself. I'm not a sheep and I won't be bullied.

No, you would prefer to be the bully.

Well, guess what, other people on this board will not be bullied either.

BertSquirtgum
07-02-2014, 09:29 PM
That is right.

I can tell you that the bus trips have dropped significantly over the past dozen or so years as crossing the border has become more and more of a struggle.

The new owner should focus on getting more Americans to attend games because even outside of bus trips, I see Canadian attendance decreasing as prices rise and tailgating becomes more restricted.

Can't wait for there to be less drunken idiot Canadians at the games. Not my country, so I have excuse to get drunk and act like a ****** then get butt hurt and try to fight people when called out. ****ing idiots.

Fletch
07-02-2014, 09:41 PM
The NFL owners care.

Not sure that I'd say that the NFL has outgrown Buffalo, rather that Buffalo has regressed economically to the point where it no longer would have ever been considered an NFL location.

As has been my position all along, if Buffalo didn't have a team today and there was a new one up for grabs, the odds of it landing in Buffalo would be slim to nil if not nil outright. Nostalgia and history are the team's biggest assets in the debate for remaining here.

Fletch
07-02-2014, 09:45 PM
I hope you are right.

Brand new management is a must.

Still may take another 3 years thereafter to turn the ship however especially if EJ does not work out.

Three years easy without a 1st-rounder next season. Hopefully new owners will be in place before the end of the season and sihtcan the entire FO and replace them with qualified people in time for the Draft and free agency.

better days
07-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Three years easy without a 1st-rounder next season. Hopefully new owners will be in place before the end of the season and sihtcan the entire FO and replace them with qualified people in time for the Draft and free agency.

I hear Matt Millen is available.

ticatfan
07-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Can't wait for there to be less drunken idiot Canadians at the games. Not my country, so I have excuse to get drunk and act like a ****** then get butt hurt and try to fight people when called out. ****ing idiots.Got beat up by a Canadian??

BertSquirtgum
07-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Got beat up by a Canadian??

Nope. My cousin beat one up then had him arrested because he is a cop.

Famous Amos
07-03-2014, 11:45 AM
That is right.

I didnt know the bus trips were dropping. that blows.From what I understand, the peace bridge is looking to speed things up by having some sort of half assed pre security check point on the Canadian side. They just need to hire more border control agents. Whenever I go across the Peace Bridge, it seems like only half of the lanes are being used.

Famous Amos
07-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Can't wait for there to be less drunken idiot Canadians at the games. Not my country, so I have excuse to get drunk and act like a ****** then get butt hurt and try to fight people when called out. ****ing idiots.

Ive never had any problems with the Canadians. My biggest pet peeve is the littering at Tailgating lots. As far as I know, both sides of the border contribute to spewing garbage across the lots. Who gives a **** about drunken idiots. Americans are just as drunk as the Canadians. And most of the Canadians arent driving home, either. If you get butt hurt over some ass hole puking his guts out, then stay home and watch the game on your big screen tv.

Famous Amos
07-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Not sure that I'd say that the NFL has outgrown Buffalo, rather that Buffalo has regressed economically to the point where it no longer would have ever been considered an NFL location.

As has been my position all along, if Buffalo didn't have a team today and there was a new one up for grabs, the odds of it landing in Buffalo would be slim to nil if not nil outright. Nostalgia and history are the team's biggest assets in the debate for remaining here.

So Buffalo and the NFL had a childhood sweetheart relationship growing up. The NFL, as it hit puberty, got real hot. Nice titties, gets lots of attention from the boys around school, really filled out, you know. Meanwhile, the Bills were late bloomers. They were just happy to have someone. After all, they have history with the NFL. No ****ing way they would leave the Bills. As fate would have it, the NFL had a heck of a time justifying staying with the Bills. Dudes like San Antonio and Los Angeles were giving the NFl lots of attention. Had sweet rides, I guess it had a thing for Latinos, who knows. Thing was, the Bills were rolling on A Honda Accord while Los Angeles has 18 inch rims, convertible top and could go 0-60 in 10 seconds. And don't forget about that mysterious exchange student, London! He's got a killer accent and is so worldly. the NFL has so much to think about, why bother entertaining the thoughts of Buffalo? Dude has acne and barely lifts. Naw, Buffalo's time has passed, its time to move on, to grow up. The NFL doesn't want to miss a thing.

I believe the NFL has outgrown Buffalo. As a Buffalonian, I am hoping they don't realize that. I'm not looking for a pity ****. I'm just hoping they aren't set on physical attraction alone, but really value whats on the inside.
/unrequited love

Bill Cody
07-03-2014, 12:06 PM
No, you would prefer to be the bully.

Well, guess what, other people on this board will not be bullied either.

that's fine bring it

SpikedLemonade
07-03-2014, 01:50 PM
I didnt know the bus trips were dropping. that blows.From what I understand, the peace bridge is looking to speed things up by having some sort of half assed pre security check point on the Canadian side. They just need to hire more border control agents. Whenever I go across the Peace Bridge, it seems like only half of the lanes are being used.

I had a long search for a bus trip last year when there was a time where every sports bar in the GTA had at least one trip.

When we got to the border, the bus was parked, boarded, all passports accumulated and we waited 30 minutes before they were returned.

better days
07-03-2014, 02:55 PM
that's fine bring it

Suck on this... Lollipop

better days
07-03-2014, 03:24 PM
I had a long search for a bus trip last year when there was a time where every sports bar in the GTA had at least one trip.

When we got to the border, the bus was parked, boarded, all passports accumulated and we waited 30 minutes before they were returned.

I have waited thirty minutes in my car at the border. 30 minutes on a bus doesn't seem too bad.

SpikedLemonade
07-03-2014, 03:48 PM
I have waited thirty minutes in my car at the border. 30 minutes on a bus doesn't seem too bad.

That was after the line up.

The whole ordeal took over an hour.

better days
07-03-2014, 03:52 PM
That was after the line up.

The whole ordeal took over an hour.

An hour is ridiculous, even for a bus full of people.

DesertFox24
07-07-2014, 05:56 AM
Per Wilson's will a team not be bought if they plan to relocate the bills.

In other words they will be pro buffalo till they buy the team and not extend the lease in 2020 or build a new stadium and then move the team after.

better days
07-07-2014, 06:09 AM
Per Wilson's will a team not be bought if they plan to relocate the bills.

In other words they will be pro buffalo till they buy the team and not extend the lease in 2020 or build a new stadium and then move the team after.

I think everyone should believe that would be the case if the Toronto group buys the Bills.

If Pegula or Golisono buys the Bills, there should be no worry about them moving.

DraftBoy
07-07-2014, 06:17 AM
I think everyone should believe that would be the case if the Toronto group buys the Bills.

If Pegula or Golisono buys the Bills, there should be no worry about them moving.

Until funding for a new stadium is secured and the first shovel hits the ground I don't think any fan should not be worried about moving no matter who wins the bid.

better days
07-07-2014, 06:25 AM
Until funding for a new stadium is secured and the first shovel hits the ground I don't think any fan should not be worried about moving no matter who wins the bid.

Well, Golisono already laid out where he would build a new Stadium, in West Senica.

I'm Sure Pegula would get a new Stadium built as well. Most likely in proximity to the Sabres new Aud.

The question would be the Toronto group. I would hope nobody would go to any games until they saw a new iron clad contract was in place with that group.

DraftBoy
07-07-2014, 06:28 AM
Well, Golisono already laid out where he would build a new Stadium, in West Senica.

I'm Sure Pegula would get a new Stadium built as well. Most likely in proximity to the Sabres new Aud.

The question would be the Toronto group. I would hope nobody would go to any games until they saw a new iron clad contract was in place with that group.

Where you want to build it means absolutely nothing if they don't get the deal they want.

Now we don't know what they want, maybe they will build it all out of pocket (though I doubt it). If they are looking for a NYS investment then are they going to try and strong arm the region and state since Cuomo has already said he doesn't think that's a good idea?

The location is not important right now (assuming its a WNY buyer).

better days
07-07-2014, 06:36 AM
Where you want to build it means absolutely nothing if they don't get the deal they want.

Now we don't know what they want, maybe they will build it all out of pocket (though I doubt it). If they are looking for a NYS investment then are they going to try and strong arm the region and state since Cuomo has already said he doesn't think that's a good idea?

The location is not important right now (assuming its a WNY buyer).

The point about the location is that Golisono already has intent & plans to build a new Stadium.

As I said, I expect Pegula would do the same. I would have no concerns about a new Stadium getting built if either of them buy the team.

The Chargers, Raiders & Rams are the teams being talked about now as teams that could move, not the Bills.

With the remodel of the Ralph, Both the Stadiums in San Diego & Oakland are by far the worst in the league.

DraftBoy
07-07-2014, 06:44 AM
The point about the location is that Golisono already has intent & plans to build a new Stadium.

As I said, I expect Pegula would do the same. I would have no concerns about a new Stadium getting built if either of them buy the team.

The Chargers, Raiders & Rams are the teams being talked about now as teams that could move, not the Bills.

With the remodel of the Ralph, Both the Stadiums in San Diego & Oakland are by far the worst in the league.

You addressed absolutely nothing that I was talking about. There is nothing in your post that should make any Bills fans feel reassured about the Bills staying at this point in time.

better days
07-07-2014, 07:14 AM
You addressed absolutely nothing that I was talking about. There is nothing in your post that should make any Bills fans feel reassured about the Bills staying at this point in time.

BS. A deal for the Stadium will get done, but let's not put the cart before the horse.

The new owner is the first order of business & BOTH Golisono & Peluga would keep the Bills in Buffalo, just as they both are responsible for the Sabres still being in Buffalo.

DraftBoy
07-07-2014, 07:30 AM
BS. A deal for the Stadium will get done, but let's not put the cart before the horse.

The new owner is the first order of business & BOTH Golisono & Peluga would keep the Bills in Buffalo, just as they both are responsible for the Sabres still being in Buffalo.

How about we just not assume anything at all, and wait till the financing is fully secured and dirt starts moving?

better days
07-07-2014, 07:34 AM
How about we just not assume anything at all, and wait till the financing is fully secured and dirt starts moving?

How about we wait until the new owner is in place before we worry about a new Stadium that won't be needed for the next ten years.

If the new owner is Golisono or Pegula, fans can rest easy, knowing the Bills are in the hands of an owner that intends to keep them in Buffalo.

If on the other hand the new owner is an outsider, especially if that owner is from Toronto or LA, then there would be cause for concern no matter what that person says.

DraftBoy
07-07-2014, 07:58 AM
How about we wait until the new owner is in place before we worry about a new Stadium that won't be needed for the next ten years.

If the new owner is Golisono or Pegula, fans can rest easy, knowing the Bills are in the hands of an owner that intends to keep them in Buffalo.

If on the other hand the new owner is an outsider, especially if that owner is from Toronto or LA, then there would be cause for concern no matter what that person says.

Because most people don't like the feeling of a possible move anymore?

better days
07-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Because most people don't like the feeling of a possible move anymore?

Well, a new Stadium will not be built for some time no matter who buys the Bills.

If you want to worry about the Bills moving for the next 10 years, feel free to do so.

If Golisono or Pegula buys the Bills, I will have no such worry myself.

DraftBoy
07-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Well, a new Stadium will not be built for some time no matter who buys the Bills.

If you want to worry about the Bills moving for the next 10 years, feel free to do so.

If Golisono or Pegula buys the Bills, I will have no such worry myself.

Alrighty then...well while you live in a land of lollipops and rainbows the rest of us will wait for the financing to be secured and dirt to move before bowing down before the new savior.

better days
07-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Alrighty then...well while you live in a land of lollipops and rainbows the rest of us will wait for the financing to be secured and dirt to move before bowing down before the new savior.

Well, you can needlessly walk around with a dark cloud over your head for the next 10 years if you like.

I will enjoy that time myself.

DraftBoy
07-07-2014, 08:38 AM
Well, you can needlessly walk around with a dark cloud over your head for the next 10 years if you like.

I will enjoy that time myself.

Yea...you seem to think my life begins and ends with the Buffalo Bills...That's not the case.

better days
07-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Yea...you seem to think my life begins and ends with the Buffalo Bills...That's not the case.

Well, mine does not either, but you spend as much time on this board as anyone.

Skooby
07-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Does the QB position even matter ?? LOL. I remember you recently trying to say the O-line is the almighty & the QB means nothing, the sky is a different color in your world. You also have a low business acumen (nothing personal), I'll assure you that life in the real business world is quite different than anything you've ever known.

better days
07-07-2014, 08:54 AM
Does the QB position even matter ?? LOL. I remember you recently trying to say the O-line is the almighty & the QB means nothing, the sky is a different color in your world.

In DraftBoy's eyes, Fitz is a GOOD QB. Enough said.

DraftBoy
07-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Does the QB position even matter ?? LOL. I remember you recently trying to say the O-line is the almighty & the QB means nothing, the sky is a different color in your world. You also have a low business acumen (nothing personal), I'll assure you that life in the real business world is quite different than anything you've ever known.

Yea that's not what I said but thanks for playing.

Really? Could you explain it further please?

- - - Updated - - -

In DraftBoy's eyes, Fitz is a GOOD QB. Enough said.

Sigh.

Skooby
07-07-2014, 09:22 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it's exactly what you said.

chris66
07-07-2014, 09:22 AM
If Pegula spends 1 billion+ on the team what do you think ticket prices will be. I think its going to be tough for him to make money considering the bills only had 3 real sellouts last year. The other 5 were manufactured.

Fletch
07-07-2014, 09:29 AM
If Pegula spends 1 billion+ on the team what do you think ticket prices will be. I think its going to be tough for him to make money considering the bills only had 3 real sellouts last year. The other 5 were manufactured.

As I see it, if Pegula buys the team he's going to be doing so knowing that it will be an uphill battle to make money with it and he'll pay for the stadium using his own money, or almost all of it except for token contributions by the county and state, and he'll do it for sentimental reasons.

While politicians usually lie through their teeth, I believe Cuomo when he says that the state will not subsidize any of the stadium, although I'll say not significantly, and the county is pretty much broke too for this.

Also, we're already seeing big blowbacks in a few instances regarding taxpayer funding of stadiums. Miami has been one of the more recent examples.

Skooby
07-07-2014, 09:34 AM

Here you go:

If the OL gels Manuel won't have to be much better than he was last year honestly. A better OL will open up the running lanes for FJax, Spiller, and Brown that will force the D to load the box and give Manuel and his WR's more space. Anybody who watched Manuel at FSU knows that when he has space he can put the ball anywhere he wants.

The OL is far more important than any other unit on this team and that includes the QB.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/224157-USA-Today-Buffalo-Bills-project-to-a-3-13-record/page5?highlight=line

DraftBoy
07-07-2014, 09:35 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/224157-USA-Today-Buffalo-Bills-project-to-a-3-13-record/page5?highlight=line

Yea I was well aware of what I said and thank you for showing that you either lack basic reading comprehension skills or just like to misrepresent others opinions.

Also when are you going to explain how the business world works for all of us?

SpikedLemonade
07-07-2014, 09:38 AM
As I see it, if Pegula buys the team he's going to be doing so knowing that it will be an uphill battle to make money with it and he'll pay for the stadium using his own money, or almost all of it except for token contributions by the county and state, and he'll do it for sentimental reasons.

So a $1.5 - $2B charitable contribution to the Buffalo area.

Have you been drinking the same stuff as Better Days this morning?

chris66
07-07-2014, 09:39 AM

While politicians usually lie through their teeth, I believe Cuomo when he says that the state will not subsidize any of the stadium, although I'll say not significantly, and the county is pretty much broke too for this.

Also, we're already seeing big blowbacks in a few instances regarding taxpayer funding of stadiums. Miami has been one of the more recent examples.

OK say he does buy the team, plunks down another 600 million for a 65000 seat stadium. He is now in it for 1.6-1.7 billion of his money.
He introduces psl at $2500-$10000 and average ticket prices at $115.00. Can the market absorb that cost.

One thing for sure that happens when any team builds a new stadium. Is a good amount of people get priced out. Usually the younger fans in their 20's.

DraftBoy
07-07-2014, 09:44 AM
OK say he does buy the team, plunks down another 600 million for a 65000 seat stadium. He is now in it for 1.6-1.7 billion of his money.
He introduces psl at $2500-$10000 and average ticket prices at $115.00. Can the market absorb that cost.

One thing for sure that happens when any team builds a new stadium. Is a good amount of people get priced out. Usually the younger fans in their 20's.

Not sure you're estimate is close.

The new stadium in Santa Clara is 68K seats (expandable to 74K) and is 1.3 Billion. That's an open air stadium too.

chris66
So a $1.5 - $2B charitable contribution to the Buffalo area.

Have you been drinking the same stuff as Better Days this morning?

I have to think that the firm Pegula hired has to be telling him in this market its a troublesome investment

SpikedLemonade

And make it convenient for you to bring your own food and drink into his parking lot?

If the homers are wrong about this incredible Buffalo economic resurgence, the team will be gone in 10 years regardless of its past.

better days
07-07-2014, 09:45 AM

Well, IMO, it is better to price out people with little money than to lose the team.

I don't think Pegula will charge more than the market can afford.

Again, Pegula is not buying the Bills to make his fortune.

chris66
07-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Not sure you're estimate is close.

The new stadium in Santa Clara is 68K seats (expandable to 74K) and is 1.3 Billion. That's an open air stadium too.
Thats California everything is uber inflated. Clevelands stadium would work and that would probably top out at 500-600. I doubt Gegulas going to build a stadium with 100 luxury boxes just to sit there

DraftBoy
07-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Thats California everything is uber inflated. Clevelands stadium would work and that would probably top out at 500-600. I doubt Gegulas going to build a stadium with 100 luxury boxes just to sit there

And NYS doesn't have inflated numbers?

chris66
07-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Well, IMO, it is better to price out people with little money than to lose the team.

I don't think Pegula will charge more than the market can afford.

Again, Pegula is not buying the Bills to make his fortune.

Billionaires dont get to be billionaires by throwing thier money away either. My guess is he buys the team see how the next 6 years go and if it doesnt work will sell it.

chris66
07-07-2014, 09:50 AM
And NYS doesn't have inflated numbers? I dont know, I dont live there, but the cost of living has to be less in WNY than NYC

better days
07-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Billionaires dont get to be billionaires by throwing thier money away either. My guess is he buys the team see how the next 6 years go and if it doesnt work will sell it.

He may not make a fortune, but with the TV contract there is no way in Hell he will lose money in Buffalo.

My guess is when I am dead the Bills will still be in Buffalo.

chris66
07-07-2014, 09:55 AM
He may not make a fortune, but with the TV contract there is no way in Hell he will lose money in Buffalo.

My guess is when I am dead the Bills will still be in Buffalo.

no he wont lose money as long as he hires third tier coaches and keeps the team salary near the cap floor.

better days
07-07-2014, 10:01 AM
no he wont lose money as long as he hires third tier coaches and keeps the team salary near the cap floor.

Jerry Jones & Dan Snyder have proven you can not buy a Super Bowl.

I will be happy to accept a team with a lower paid coach & without Derrell Revis & Mario Williams type contracts. As long as they are in Buffalo.

Skooby
07-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Yea I was well aware of what I said and thank you for showing that you either lack basic reading comprehension skills or just like to misrepresent others opinions.

Also when are you going to explain how the business world works for all of us?

You're welcome. This also tells me that any explanation as to how the business world works is going to fall on deaf ears regardless.

chris66
07-07-2014, 10:07 AM
Jerry Jones & Dan Snyder have proven you can not buy a Super Bowl.

I will be happy to accept a team with a lower paid coach & without Derrell Revis & Mario Williams type contracts. As long as they are in Buffalo.
So basically your happy with mediocrity as long as you have a team.

better days
07-07-2014, 10:38 AM
So basically your happy with mediocrity as long as you have a team.

I never said that. As I said, you can not buy the Super Bowl & a Super Bowl team does not need to cost a fortune.

Look at the Seahawks, no overpriced players on that team.

And I don't think Pegula will mind spending some money to have a winning team.

DraftBoy
07-07-2014, 10:57 AM
I dont know, I dont live there, but the cost of living has to be less in WNY than NYC

True, but take a look at the BLS numbers for Labor Costs 47-000 Construction and Extraction Occupations.

NY - Mean Wage - $28.31; Mean Annual - $58,580.00
CA - Mean Wage - $26.13; Mean Annual - $54,130.00

Not an end all be all.

- - - Updated - - -

You're welcome. This also tells me that any explanation as to how the business world works is going to fall on deaf ears regardless.

Alright buddy.

chris66
07-07-2014, 11:06 AM
True, but take a look at the BLS numbers for Labor Costs 47-000 Construction and Extraction Occupations.

Not an end all be all. I wonder how much of those numbers are inflated by NYC and Albany.

If the actual cost of a stadium is going to be around a billion I cant see how it gets done. No way Pegula shells out that kind of dough not knowing if he could recoup it. You would be looking at psls starting at 5000 and going up to 25000+. No way the state absorbs that type of money either

DraftBoy
07-07-2014, 06:28 PM
I wonder how much of those numbers are inflated by NYC and Albany.

If the actual cost of a stadium is going to be around a billion I cant see how it gets done. No way Pegula shells out that kind of dough not knowing if he could recoup it. You would be looking at psls starting at 5000 and going up to 25000+. No way the state absorbs that type of money either

Couldn't tell you but this is why most fans aren't getting their hopes up until the financing is secured.

BertSquirtgum
07-07-2014, 09:17 PM

Not an end all be all.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright buddy.

I don't think these wage averages are even going to be close when comparing LA construction workers pay to Buffalo construction workers pay. Skilled labor will be close to these averages but that's about it.

DraftBoy
07-08-2014, 06:12 AM
I don't think these wage averages are even going to be close when comparing LA construction workers pay to Buffalo construction workers pay. Skilled labor will be close to these averages but that's about it.

I couldn't tell you either way honestly. I know how its being handled in Georgia with state funds being partially involved.