PDA

View Full Version : Alonso suffers knee injury

DetDannyWilliams
07-01-2014, 07:39 PM
per NFL Mobile...more to come

Jaybird
07-01-2014, 07:39 PM
just saw on the NFL network ticker that he injured his knee training. TERRIBLE NEWS

DraftBoy
07-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Well ****.

Skooby
07-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Curse ??

YardRat
07-01-2014, 07:48 PM
merged

CoolBreeze
07-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Terrible news.... I hope Preston Brown turns out to be a great pick.

YardRat
07-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Apparently Whaley used the term 'significant'...

gr8slayer
I'm convinced, God hates us.

Skooby
Torn ACL per reports that I can't confirm.

Mark Miller
07-01-2014, 08:10 PM
This news summarizes life as a Bills fan.

DBrown77
07-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Weird time to release the news without confirmation. There must be more to this.

GingerP
07-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Torn ACL per reports that I can't confirm.

Reports like this:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/484145923136565248

Ian Rapoport
‏@RapSheet
The fear is that #Bills LB Kiko Alonso has suffered a torn ACL, per source. Tests to confirm soon.

Turf
****. What the hell was he doing? Terrible news this early.

OpIv37
Weird time to release the news without confirmation. There must be more to this.

Oh the timing makes perfect sense.

The Sabres accomplished exactly what they intended on the first day of FA, and we can't even enjoy it for a few hours without something bad happening. It's the perfect microcosm for being a Buffalo sports fan.

TedMock
07-01-2014, 08:17 PM
I'm assuming Bradham is the replacement. I'm fine there in base 43. My concern is Spikes in coverage. Plan was most likely to move Kiko inside on 3rd and long.

YardRat
07-01-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm assuming Bradham is the replacement. I'm fine there in base 43. My concern is Spikes in coverage. Plan was most likely to move Kiko inside on 3rd and long.

Brown has being seeing decent time in the middle in the nickel packages, and apparently the coaching staff has liked what they have seen from him so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Gosh ****ing dammit :mad:

GingerP
07-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Sean Lee, Sean Weatherspoon, now Kiko. Seems to be the offseason of LB suffering knee injuries.

Alonzo was one of 3 LB in the NFL to play every defensive snap for his team last year. It will probably take more than one guy to replace him.

Turf
07-01-2014, 08:22 PM
How bout they do nothing before camp that might hurt them.

GingerP
07-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Shefter now saying it is the ACL:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m

Bills LB Kiko Alonso tore his ACL and is expected to miss season, per source. It’s considered a seven- to nine-month recovery. Blow for BUF.

OpIv37
07-01-2014, 08:27 PM
How bout they do nothing before camp that might hurt them.

Because camp isn't long enough to get into football shape. They have to be in good shape before they get there. It's a difficult balance, but if he had been on the couch eating potato chips there's a good chance he would have gotten injured in preseason or early in the season.

Skooby
07-01-2014, 08:28 PM

Bills LB Kiko Alonso tore his ACL and is expected to miss season, per source. It’s considered a seven- to nine-month recovery. Blow for BUF.
It Blows alright.

- - - Updated - - -

Because camp isn't long enough to get into football shape. They have to be in good shape before they get there. It's a difficult balance, but if he had been on the couch eating potato chips there's a good chance he would have gotten injured in preseason or early in the season.

How do you figure that ?

ServoBillieves
07-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Dammit all to hell. I know that injuries are a common place in Bills-everything but why Kiko?

Preston Brown can pan out, and I'm OK with Nigel, but this early on it's very discouraging to the season.

OpIv37
07-01-2014, 08:35 PM
How do you figure that ?

Uh, really? Don't work out for two months, then go spend two hours a day doing football drills outside in the sun in 20 lbs of gear plus two hours in the weight room and see how well you hold up.

GvilleBills
07-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Sonuva...

Skooby
07-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Uh, really? Don't work out for two months, then go spend two hours a day doing football drills outside in the sun in 20 lbs of gear plus two hours in the weight room and see how well you hold up.

It's the good chance part that you mentioned I don't get, where's this coming from ?

coastal
07-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Ralph is dead.

Mike
07-01-2014, 08:50 PM
It's a shame....

OpIv37
07-01-2014, 08:51 PM
It's the good chance part that you mentioned I don't get, where's this coming from ?

Uh, really?

If you work out that hard without being in shape when you get there, your body isn't prepared for it and it increases the chances of injury.

It isn't rocket science.

jimmifli
07-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Well ****.

DraftBoy
07-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Yea this ****ing sucks.

paladin warrior
07-01-2014, 08:58 PM
:cry: He was very good player :sadbye:

mrbojanglezs
07-01-2014, 09:15 PM
figures doesn't it, Bills have the most promising season in years and one of our best young players goes down in a non football injury for the year....next man up I guess

Novacane
07-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Unbelievable! I can hear the cheers in Cleveland from here.

BuffaloRedleg
07-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Un ****ing believable.

Totally ****ing believable.

JoeMama
07-01-2014, 10:54 PM
The football gods should at least take us out to a nice dinner every once in a while if they're going to constantly **** us in the ass.

Kiko Alonso was the primary ray of hope & optimism that once shined on this otherwise gloomy, windblown franchise.

Skooby
07-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Uh, really?

If you work out that hard without being in shape when you get there, your body isn't prepared for it and it increases the chances of injury.

It isn't rocket science.

Uhhh, you seen this first hand & knew his actions now or later would lead to a injury ? This is a douchy guess at best that means nothing. What are you even talking about assuming you know anything or what the injury entails ?? Who are you again and what do you have with a Oregon Kiko workout ? You knew he was out of shape as well, did you do a BMI ?

Get over yourself, you don't know anything and you weren't there. You also don't have a grasp of possible injuries or anything related. If you say I think he's out of shape and got hurt, that's one thing. Mumbling about him going to get hurt at anytime is a douchy guess at best, admit you are all wet.

Luisito23
07-01-2014, 11:02 PM
LOL

IlluminatusUIUC
07-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Ughhhh

Well at least the ota reports on Brown were interesting. Can the Bills catch lightning with a rookie backer twice in two years?

Crisis
07-02-2014, 01:12 AM
Sabres did too good today... Sports gods had to even it out somewhere..

this ****ing sucks

feldspar
07-02-2014, 02:47 AM
Probably my favorite player.

BuffaloRedleg
07-02-2014, 03:09 AM
Guys it is my fault. After all these years being away, I finally am going to move back to Buffalo and right after I buy season tickets our brightest player tears his ACL. I'm sorry.

It was going swimmingly before that, but I've ruined it.

kishoph
07-02-2014, 03:09 AM

I'm holding out hope that it isn't his ACL, I would think that an MRI wouldn't be done till today to find out exactly what it is. The Bills haven't released anything other than Whaley saying "it may be significant", hopefully Schefter is just jumping to a conclusion and is wrong.

Night Train
07-02-2014, 03:26 AM
Terrible break. But this happens and we'll have to wait until camp to see who takes his place.

This is why teams add depth. Hopefully, we have some.

tampabay25690
07-02-2014, 05:33 AM
What a shame..
We need to move on.
Huge opportunity for some guys!

Historian
07-02-2014, 05:46 AM
I always worry about guys who are a bit undersized, who play with such reckless abandon. Their bodies simply cannot take the pounding of the NFL.

(Assuming he did not slip on a mat in the shower)

Redleg, you did it. Good for you. Where are you sitting?

Fletch
07-02-2014, 06:08 AM

No matter how this works out it's going to sting big time. We have no LB anywhere close to Kiko.

We can't even count on him for the longer term even. He'll miss this season and next season he'll be recovering from it which will render him less than 100% more than likely.

Shouldn't be too bad overall though, from what I read here the offense is about to explode this season apparently. At least that's the optimist's take.

DraftBoy
07-02-2014, 06:10 AM
I'm assuming that this too was Micheal Bradley's fault.

Fletch
07-02-2014, 06:16 AM
The football gods should at least take us out to a nice dinner every once in a while if they're going to constantly **** us in the ass.

Kiko Alonso was the primary ray of hope & optimism that once shined on this otherwise gloomy, windblown franchise.

LOL

I agree. We finally had "one of those players" in our linebacker corps and now this. I was expecting him to be our best player on D this season, if he wasn't last season as a rookie.

Still, that fact that losing one player like this causes this much damage doesn't say much for the front office. Good teams lose players of Kiko's caliber are still competitive. The real kick in the balls is that Kiko's salary was paltry. If this had happened to Mario I would have considered it a blessing in disguise since we could have cut him and saved ourselves a ton of money for next season to sign a few other good players.

Forward_Lateral
07-02-2014, 06:16 AM
WTF was he doing to tear his ACL "working out".

His personal trainer should be fired.

Fletch
07-02-2014, 06:17 AM
Uhhh, you seen this first hand & knew his actions now or later would lead to a injury ? This is a douchy guess at best that means nothing. What are you even talking about assuming you know anything or what the injury entails ?? Who are you again and what do you have with a Oregon Kiko workout ? You knew he was out of shape as well, did you do a BMI ?

Get over yourself, you don't know anything and you weren't there. You also don't have a grasp of possible injuries or anything related. If you say I think he's out of shape and got hurt, that's one thing. Mumbling about him going to get hurt at anytime is a douchy guess at best, admit you are all wet.

Don't you have something better to ***** about?

It's **** like this that ruins forums and good threads.

DraftBoy
07-02-2014, 06:25 AM

He could of just been doing some sprints or agility drills and tore his acl. He could of been doing a box jump exercise and missed the box or slipped and tore his ACL. In other words he could of been doing something very basic and a sudden movement could of torn his ACL.

Oldbillsfan
07-02-2014, 06:30 AM
Shocked! lol A guy plays every snap and has promise then get hurt running around... Surprised he didn't fall in the shower. the Bills way.

JoeMama
07-02-2014, 06:42 AM
LOL

I agree. We finally had "one of those players" in our linebacker corps and now this. I was expecting him to be our best player on D this season, if he wasn't last season as a rookie.

Still, that fact that losing one player like this causes this much damage doesn't say much for the front office. Good teams lose players of Kiko's caliber are still competitive. The real kick in the balls is that Kiko's salary was paltry. If this had happened to Mario I would have considered it a blessing in disguise since we could have cut him and saved ourselves a ton of money for next season to sign a few other good players.

I was expecting him to be our best player, period.

This is a crushing blow for me.

The element of surprise makes it even worse. This is a guy who didn't miss a single snap last year. Then he suffers a catastrophic injury out of the blue like this... speechless.

Feels like another lost season already. And it's July 2nd.

The King
07-02-2014, 06:59 AM
I am super grateful for the Rivers pick-up now.

Couple of Free Agents to note:

James Harrison
Michael Boley
Erin Henderson (might be looking at a suspension though)

Then there will be some cuts in the pre-season that should be able to help add depth. I expect the Bills to look at the lions for cuts since many of those guys will know the defense.

Dr. Lecter
07-02-2014, 07:00 AM
Well, if losing Jarus Byrd won't hurt the Bills, I don't see why this will.

Historian
07-02-2014, 07:10 AM
He could of just been doing some sprints or agility drills and tore his acl. He could of been doing a box jump exercise and missed the box or slipped and tore his ACL. In other words he could of been doing something very basic and a sudden movement could of torn his ACL.

Believe it or not, my knee surgeon told me that gardening is the biggest cause of knee tears. (the twisting and pushing)

So you be careful out there Dr Lecter!!!!

EDS
07-02-2014, 07:53 AM
This is awful news for the Bills and very disheartening at least for this Bills fan. Bills linebackers and now back to the sorry state of at-best mediocrity that they were before.

Skooby
07-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Don't you have something better to ***** about?

It's **** like this that ruins forums and good threads.

OP is saying Kiko's out of shape & making a whole slew of assumptions, that's what ruins good thread. Calling him out on it hopefully will get him to think twice, mumbler.

Skooby
07-02-2014, 08:13 AM

That is a really good point.

gr8slayer
07-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Personally, I blame E.J. Manuel.
I'm assuming that this too was Micheal Bradley's fault.

- - - Updated - - -

I C wut u ddi thur.

better days
07-02-2014, 08:23 AM

Kiko > Jarus. That is why his loss hurts the Bills more than Byrds loss.

Dr. Lecter
07-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Kiko > Jarus. That is why his loss hurts the Bills more than Byrds loss.

The Bills lost, arguably, their best two defenders now. (yes - Mario, Kyle and Dareus are in the discussion too)

It is going to hurt. A lot.

Just as losing Byrd hurts. A lot.

better days
07-02-2014, 08:34 AM
The Bills lost, arguably, their best two defenders now. (yes - Mario, Kyle and Dareus are in the discussion too)

It is going to hurt. A lot.

Just as losing Byrd hurts. A lot.

I really don't think losing Byrd hurts all that much.

We will see how much Byrd helps the Saints with his bad back & planter faciitus.

I would bet he will not help them as much as the contract they paid him.

Forward_Lateral
07-02-2014, 08:49 AM

Do you realize how freak/hard it is to just tear your ACL without contact of some sort? This sucks beyond belief, even for Bills fans.

Woodman
07-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Tough losing a good player, I'm just hoping he recovers 100% to be what he was. (certainly a stinging loss)

Byrd chose to leave and is the Saints property now so I really don't give a **** about him anymore.

gr8slayer
07-02-2014, 09:03 AM
It's not all that hard, especially if you're doing anything that requires pivoting. All it takes is one awkward step.
Do you realize how freak/hard it is to just tear your ACL without contact of some sort? This sucks beyond belief, even for Bills fans.

coastal
07-02-2014, 09:18 AM

GingerP
07-02-2014, 09:39 AM

Actually, most ACL tears are non-contact, I think I read about 70% of them are non-contact injuries.

I remember Barry Sanders making a cut and faking Rod Woodson so bad he tore his ACL just trying to change direction and tackle him. Woodson never laid a finger on him, but his knee gave out and he went down.

Here is the play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqFksT8wvXY

Barry was ridiculous.

GvilleBills
07-02-2014, 10:00 AM
Need the depth and youth to step up. Trial by fire.
Hope Kiko can get back next year, better than ever.

2015 is our year anyways...

DraftBoy
07-02-2014, 10:07 AM

Yes and its really not that hard at all.

I agree it really sucks.

SpikedLemonade
07-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Usually one player does not make a difference to a team's won-loss record but Alonso is a special player.

I would have to downgrade my prediction for this season from 8-8 to 7-9.

If EJ gets injured before the season starts for the whole season, a 5-11 season is in the cards.

better days
07-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Usually one player does not make a difference to a team's won-loss record but Alonso is a special player.

If EJ gets injured before the season starts for the whole season, a 5-11 season is in the cards.

But I was told Thad Lewis is the best QB on the roster so wouldn't EJ getting injured before the season starts lead to more wins?

SpikedLemonade
07-02-2014, 10:52 AM
But I was told Thad Lewis is the best QB on the roster so wouldn't EJ getting injured before the season starts lead to more wins?

Not sure who told you that.

Wasn't me.

Go speak to that person.

Bill Cody
07-02-2014, 10:55 AM

Well it's like this: Thad was about equal to EJ last year and EJ got hurt repeatedly. EJ needs to get better and stay healthy. If he's the same as last year the record will be the same, under .500. But I think he will get better and miss fewer games. So the answer is no.

Ed
07-02-2014, 01:21 PM
We haven't even gotten to training camp yet and we're already losing key players for the season. Unfortunately this probably only the beginning.

Fletch
07-02-2014, 02:50 PM

Makes ya wonder, don't it.

Fletch
07-02-2014, 02:55 PM
I was expecting him to be our best player, period.

This is a crushing blow for me.

The element of surprise makes it even worse. This is a guy who didn't miss a single snap last year. Then he suffers a catastrophic injury out of the blue like this... speechless.

Feels like another lost season already. And it's July 2nd.

My sentiments exactly. He was clearly our best player, he was like a one-man wrecking crew.

I was joking about my comment on the offense. I actually expect the O to regress this season, contrary to forum opinion. I think that Jackson takes a step back/down, possibly out at 33, and I don't see a RB currently on the roster that has even remotely the experience to replace him on 3rd downs. We have a bunch of role-playing RBs after him.

I also don't see a bunch of rookie and 2nd year WRs carrying this team offensively in receiving, and while I've been arguing with one other poster in particular about Mike Williams, and I didn't expect much from him, but the early reports are far from encouraging. He's not even being the veteran presence much less veteran leader that we need now in Stevie's absence.

Fletch
07-02-2014, 03:00 PM

Good one.

Just like Searcy or whomever other stiff DB filling in for Byrd, I'm sure that one of our depth LBs will fill in nicely for Kiko. I guess if we had traded Kiko then that would have been the word.

Fletch
07-02-2014, 03:01 PM
OP is saying Kiko's out of shape & making a whole slew of assumptions, that's what ruins good thread. Calling him out on it hopefully will get him to think twice, mumbler.

No, that's actually not what he said. But I'm not going to take it up with you. Go reread it.

Fletch
07-02-2014, 03:03 PM

I did it, it didn't seem that hard as I recall. Not one person laid a finger on me.

It's not hard at all, happens all the time when players cut on the field.

Fletch
07-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Byrd chose to leave and is the Saints property now so I really don't give a **** about him anymore.

That wasn't really Lecther's point now though, was it.

Bills fans seem to suffer from the rationale that if they can put something out of their minds then it's irrelevant.

Fletch
07-02-2014, 03:12 PM

I agree with your initial premise, especially regarding this team.

All we've heard is about how the offense is going to improve because of Watkins, a rookie WR.

The D was going to stay around the same one way or another. We didn't upgrade on D, maybe regressed slightly, but for the sake of discussion let's say it's on or about the same, with Kiko in there.

Most posters here were so optimistic that the offense was going to make the kind of difference to push us to anywhere from 8-8 to a playoff record. If that's true, then losing one player on D won't alter that much.

Since the only really significant addition to the offense is Watkins, I've never seen the basis for the expectation that our offense will improve like that. Way too much lack of chemistry and youth between Manuel and the WRs. According to numerous reports Williams did not look good in practices. If that doesn't change significantly, and I don't see why it would, then our receivers are more inexperienced and younger than Cleveland's, whom everyone is saying are so bad that Manziel has no one to throw to. Well if that's true, then neither does Manuel. The same logic doesn't vaporize just because our WRs wear blue and red.

IMO Cleveland gets a top-5 pick next year. Top-8 with Kiko in there.

Anyway, my point is that if the offense was going to step it up so much that we might make the playoffs and for sure be 8-8, then this shouldn't hold us back much.

Skooby
07-02-2014, 04:09 PM
That wasn't really Lecther's point now though, was it.

Bills fans seem to suffer from the rationale that if they can put something out of their minds then it's irrelevant.

Only way to stay sane after 14 straight playoff misses.

EDS
07-02-2014, 04:11 PM
We haven't even gotten to training camp yet and we're already losing key players for the season. Unfortunately this probably only the beginning.

In fairness, this is not just an issue for the Bills. Dallas lost Lee, Atlanta lost Weatherspoon, NE will be without Gronk for a while, etc. That said, this is likely viewed as a positive development from the folks in Cleveland given that they have the Bills first rounder next year.

IlluminatusUIUC
07-02-2014, 04:29 PM
That said, this is likely viewed as a positive development from the folks in Cleveland given that they have the Bills first rounder next year.

Their franchise QB is partying with Justin Bieber. They have their own problems.

gebobs
07-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Last year, the Bills finally climbed their way above the Sabres in their respective positions with their league rivals. Well, really the Sabres dove head first underneath the Bills while the Bills continued to barely tread water. But in an instant, the Sabres are back and the Bills will continue their epic run of suck.

Obviously, the injury to Kiko is beyond their control, but what a dumpster fire this franchise is. They are going to miss the playoffs again and frankly I doubt they have even a chance in '15 unless EJ Manuel finally gets a clue.

Scumbag College
07-02-2014, 04:54 PM
I usually like to wait until at least the second week of preseason for the beginning of the 4 month long knee to the groin which is the Bills season to begin. It's not even the Fourth of July.

BillsImpossible
07-02-2014, 06:45 PM
As if adversity never made a family, team or business better.

Life goes on.

DynaPaul
07-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Go figure, I have his jersey on its way to my home soon and the guy blows his knee not even playing football...

stuckincincy
07-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Actually, most ACL tears are non-contact, I think I read about 70% of them are non-contact injuries.

I remember Barry Sanders making a cut and faking Rod Woodson so bad he tore his ACL just trying to change direction and tackle him. Woodson never laid a finger on him, but his knee gave out and he went down.

Here is the play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq**sT8wvXY

Barry was ridiculous.

Yep - It happens.

RB Kenny Irons, CIN 2nd rnd pick 2007. He made a cut in the open on his 4th carry of his 1st NFL game - preseason against DET - tore his ACL and that was the end of him.

Ki-Jana Carter, #1 overall pick in 1995. Tore his ACL making a cut on his third carry of his first preseason game of his rookie year. Too bad about Carter's many injuries. He would have been something.

Mr. Pink
07-02-2014, 08:15 PM

Not to highjack the thread but...

Under EJ Bills - 4-6 Thad 2-3. Why are they 2 games worse without Manuel? :rofl:

PromoTheRobot
07-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Obviously, the injury to Kiko is beyond their control, but what a dumpster fire this franchise is. They are going to miss the playoffs again and frankly I doubt they have even a chance in '15 unless EJ Manuel finally gets a clue.

AMEN BROTHER! Blow up this team! Fire Everyone! Kiko is a BUST!! Laughing stock of the NFL! Ralph is cheap! The team is moving! Wake up and smell the Kool Aid! I blame Russ! Why didn't we trade for Andrew Luck and Megatron?!?!? I'm a realist!

BertSquirtgum
07-02-2014, 09:41 PM
The butt hurt is strong within the fans of the Buffalo Bills.

DraftBoy
07-03-2014, 05:51 AM
Yep - It happens.

RB Kenny Irons, CIN 2nd rnd pick 2007. He made a cut in the open on his 4th carry of his 1st NFL game - preseason against DET - tore his ACL and that was the end of him.

Ki-Jana Carter, #1 overall pick in 1995. Tore his ACL making a cut on his third carry of his first preseason game of his rookie year. Too bad about Carter's many injuries. He would have been something.

I knew Kenny Irons when he was in High School (grew up locally, and same age as me). He was incredible to watch play ball even if it was at a hated rival. I was so happy when he left South Carolina and made a name for himself at Auburn. Great kid.

Played flag football with him years later after his NFL career flamed out. Still a freak athlete for the record. Works as an athletic trainer now.

Night Train
07-03-2014, 06:06 AM
I always worry about guys who are a bit undersized, who play with such reckless abandon. Their bodies simply cannot take the pounding of the NFL.

Shane Conlon. Played out of his mind but had a build that didn't mesh with football (thin legs). I always felt for the guy, since his effort was top shelf.

Hoping Kiko isn't like him but I'll look forward to seeing him next year and how he recovers.

gebobs
07-03-2014, 06:07 AM
AMEN BROTHER! Blow up this team! Fire Everyone! Kiko is a BUST!! Laughing stock of the NFL! Ralph is cheap! The team is moving! Wake up and smell the Kool Aid! I blame Russ! Why didn't we trade for Andrew Luck and Megatron?!?!? I'm a realist!

I see you take umbrage at the term dumpster fire. Let's take a look see, eh? This is going to hurt. Don't read it if it's just going to make you upset.

A cumulative record of 376-436-8 (0.463) which averages to a familiar 7-9 record.
15 years in a row without playoffs with more to come.
Their last playoff game ended with a humiliating trick play.
17 seasons having made the playoffs out of 55.
Crowning achievement is losing 4 straight Super Bowls.
Wide right. Where's my helmet? Took it on the nose from the NFC East.
Other than those seasons, the Bills are 5-11 in the playoffs.
Their most recognizable player is a double murderer in jail for armed robbery.

Players come here and sabotage their Bills careers just to get out. Gary Anderson, McGimpy, Lynch...Dareus may be next.

Night Train
07-03-2014, 06:17 AM
I see you take umbrage at the term dumpster fire. Let's take a look see, eh? This is going to hurt. Don't read it if it's just going to make you upset.

A cumulative record of 376-436-8 (0.463) which averages to a familiar 7-9 record.
15 years in a row without playoffs with more to come.
Their last playoff game ended with a humiliating trick play.
17 seasons having made the playoffs out of 55.
Crowning achievement is losing 4 straight Super Bowls.
Wide right. Where's my helmet? Took it on the nose from the NFC East.
Other than those seasons, the Bills are 5-11 in the playoffs.
Their most recognizable player is a double murderer in jail for armed robbery.

Players come here and sabotage their Bills careers just to get out. Gary Anderson, McGimpy, Lynch...Dareus may be next.

I currently base everything on the 2 Dougs becoming a team in early 2013 and rebuilding the team.

Why must some give us the same old redundant history lesson involving people who are no longer here ?

It's just crying and impresses no one.

gebobs
07-03-2014, 07:33 AM
I currently base everything on the 2 Dougs becoming a team in early 2013 and rebuilding the team.

Why must some give us the same old redundant history lesson involving people who are no longer here ?

It's just crying and impresses no one.

Because when I simply call the franchise a dumpster fire, someone comes along and gets all defensive about it as if it's not the case. I'm sorry for the recap. I did warn you though.

I don't know about crying, but it is sad for sure. Anyone not depressed about the present state of the franchise and of the general reputation it has earned around the league has earned my admiration. I've been following this team for far longer than most of you kids have been around and who knows how many more seasons I'll have. I'm completely vested in this team.

Dr. Lecter
07-03-2014, 07:36 AM
Because when I simply call the franchise a dumpster fire, someone comes along and gets all defensive about it as if it's not the case.

I don't know about crying, but it is sad for sure. Anyone not depressed about the present state of the franchise and of the general reputation it has earned around the league has earned my admiration. I've been following this team for far longer than most of you kids have been around and who knows how many more seasons I'll have. I'm completely vested in this team.

I think Night Train is old like us.....

To me with this team it is simple - I am totally in the mode of "show me". Until then, they are crap. Sorry but I have been fooled too many times

That being said, there does seem to be a new mindset in OP with the signing of Mario, the bold move to get Watkins and hiring younger people like Mallone and Whaley.

I have cautious optimism. Very cautious

Historian
07-03-2014, 07:40 AM
Shane Conlon. Played out of his mind but had a build that didn't mesh with football (thin legs). I always felt for the guy, since his effort was top shelf.

Hoping Kiko isn't like him but I'll look forward to seeing him next year and how he recovers.

Agreed.

I always think of Jeff Nixon as well.

Big and rangy....great closing speed on a WR....great ball instincts. Moved with the grace of a daddy long legs spider.

Knee injuries finished him off too.

IlluminatusUIUC
07-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Is Lawson an OLB in this defense? A starting 3 if Lawson, Spikes, and Rivers doesn't really scare anyone but it is at least a veteran unit.

GingerP
07-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Is Lawson an OLB in this defense? A starting 3 if Lawson, Spikes, and Rivers doesn't really scare anyone but it is at least a veteran unit.

They would be the best team in the NFL against the run. Mainly because every team in the NFL would play-action and force those guys to try and cover every time they were in the game.

stuckincincy
07-07-2014, 08:05 AM
I knew Kenny Irons when he was in High School (grew up locally, and same age as me). He was incredible to watch play ball even if it was at a hated rival. I was so happy when he left South Carolina and made a name for himself at Auburn. Great kid.

Played flag football with him years later after his NFL career flamed out. Still a freak athlete for the record. Works as an athletic trainer now.

Thanks for the update. The B'gals owner kept him on the PUP list (as well as others - David Pollack comes to mind) for several years, presumably to qualify for NFL retirement benefits.