PDA

View Full Version : Preston Brown 2013 Highlights

BillsImpossible
07-02-2014, 07:13 PM
6'1 255lbs and growing.

#2 stops the runs.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9CmSx76-VLw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fletch
07-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Brown's strengths are in run support, by all accounts he's not good against the pass. With Kiko out and Byrd gone, I think that our back 7 may be in trouble. Those were were our two best pass defenders.

Woodman
07-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Preston Brown is going to be a good one.

Kiko is a big loss we all acknowledge that ... Byrd is not a Buffalo Bill so I don't give a **** about him anymore.

Night Train
07-03-2014, 03:42 AM
Every scheme is different. Let him play in camp & pre-season to see what he can actually do. If Schwartz, Pepper Johnson and others like him already, that's probably a good thing.

Fletch
07-03-2014, 06:53 AM
Preston Brown is going to be a good one.

And you know this how?

A. Our recent history with 3rd round picks
B. The greatness of our front office
C. The fact that Brown was a 4th to 5th round projection in the Draft
D. All of the above

Bill Walsh once said the same thing about Trent Edwards.

The truth is, as PFT reports this a.m., that Brown looked good in the middle, but Kiko can play all LB positions. Brown also stinks against the pass like Spikes. That's the opposite end of the spectrum as Kiko.

I guess that if you're into deceiving yourself for a few months this line of thinking is fine, but in his senior season he logged sacks only against 2-10 Temple, Miami who was overrated, and 2 against a I-AA team. He wasn't known for stepping up against better competition.

The loss of Kiko is going to sting, big time. You don't just replace a guy that played like him like that anymore than we do with Searcy or Williams replacing Byrd.

It's funny, you guys seem to think that if you can muster popular opinion then something will happen.

Fletch
07-03-2014, 06:54 AM
Every scheme is different. Let him play in camp & pre-season to see what he can actually do. If Schwartz, Pepper Johnson and others like him already, that's probably a good thing.

Agreed, and the word from a PFT report this a.m. was that he only impressed as a MLB. So now we have Spikes and Spike Lite to play the same position. Brown is not an OLB, otherwise he would have been listed as one in his draft profile.

I'm sure that Rivers will step right in and fill Kiko's shoes seemlessly.

kishoph
07-03-2014, 01:13 PM
I think we'll see Nigel Bradham stepping in for Alonso and making a name for himself this year. Losing Alonso for the seasaon does suck, but he's not yet at a point in his career where he's irreplaceable.