PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills 'sale book' sent to potential buyers

DetDannyWilliams
07-03-2014, 03:42 PM
BUFFALO, N.Y. - Potential buyers of the Buffalo Bills have been given access to the sale book for the franchise, according to 2 On Your Side's Adam Benigni.
The book includes financial information on the franchise a potential buyer would need before making a bid.
In addition to the book, potential buyers were supplied with a non-binding "indication of interest" document due back to the team by July 29th, a source told Benigni.
http://www.wgrz.com/story/sports/nfl/future-of-the-bills/2014/07/03/buffalo-bills-future-franchise-sale/12146155/

Skooby
07-03-2014, 03:52 PM
So you can have this information & them have to give it back, like you just can't copy it.

better days
07-03-2014, 03:56 PM
So you can have this information & them have to give it back, like you just can't copy it.

The information is on a secure website.

Potential bidders have to have the letter of interest submitted within 30 days.

Let the Bills know who is REALLY interested in buying the team, move the process along.

Night Train
07-03-2014, 04:28 PM
" Wait...Club Seat holders get free wings ? "

YardRat
07-03-2014, 04:31 PM
I better check my email for the url...be right back...

Skooby
07-03-2014, 05:13 PM
The information is on a secure website.

Potential bidders have to have the letter of interest submitted within 30 days.

Let the Bills know who is REALLY interested in buying the team, move the process along.

So print doesn't work ? What type of book is this, wouldn't it be a file ?

better days
07-03-2014, 05:26 PM
So print doesn't work ? What type of book is this, wouldn't it be a file ?

I don't know if it can be downloaded & printed out or not, but everyone has had to sign a non disclosure form, to keep that information private.

It will be interesting to see if it stays private or gets leaked.

OpIv37
07-03-2014, 05:41 PM
I don't know if it can be downloaded & printed out or not, but everyone has had to sign a non disclosure form, to keep that information private.

It will be interesting to see if it stays private or gets leaked.

Let's be realistic. All of the guys with the money to buy the team are old. None of them are reading **** on a computer or tablet. It's gonna get printed.

Skooby
07-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Let's be realistic. All of the guys with the money to buy the team are old. None of them are reading **** on a computer or tablet. It's gonna get printed.

Their lawyers are reading it is a more likely scenario.

THRILLHO
07-03-2014, 09:59 PM

Yeah, we should just have a higher-up call the bidders on the phone. We've never had a problem with that being hacked before.

trapezeus
07-06-2014, 07:01 PM
typically, the docs go to a main repository website. You get a login id and password. Then you have access to all the documents. when you open the files in pdf, they put a watermark with your user name id underneath the text in diagonal or in the margins. it makes it impossible to leak the information.

think about the deals that are much larger than this that people don't hear until they are made public. people in the industry have sacrificed a lot to get there and paid to not leak the info. it isn't worth it to them. even for low level associates and such.

we'll hear when we hear.

YardRat
07-06-2014, 08:46 PM
login ID = TeamForSale

password = ShowMeTheMoney!

Mace
07-06-2014, 09:41 PM
I personally thought there would be more pictures. Numbers numbers and numbers, marching their little paths in columns, words words and words telling you this and that and whatever, then more numbers and don't you tell anyone.

Can't have any cheerleader pictures because we don't have any, reference and footnote the legal team on page 3, one picture of the old legal team guy sunbathing on page 3, a shot of Dareus' car and a tree, some decent coupons for Arby's, words and numbers and my Lawyer just sent in my opening offer of 75 dollars. I like to start off by lowballing to make other people show their hand while I work through the coupons.

DraftBoy
07-07-2014, 06:18 AM
typically, the docs go to a main repository website. You get a login id and password. Then you have access to all the documents. when you open the files in pdf, they put a watermark with your user name id underneath the text in diagonal or in the margins. it makes it impossible to leak the information.

think about the deals that are much larger than this that people don't hear until they are made public. people in the industry have sacrificed a lot to get there and paid to not leak the info. it isn't worth it to them. even for low level associates and such.

we'll hear when we hear.

Yup and on some deals the PDF's are locked from being able to be printed which is another security measure to prevent leaks.

- - - Updated - - -

I better check my email for the url...be right back...

Did you get the 404 error too?