PDA

View Full Version : P Jake Dombrowski - Harvard

Night Train
07-07-2014, 03:47 AM
http://kohlskicking.com/nfl-profile/jacob-dombrowski

Found a film of Dombrowski and a Raiders signee at kicking camp this past year. Yes, it's in California under perfect conditions but the point is to show leg strength and hang time. Looks far more ready than Powell and could be legit competition for Moorman.

Novacane
07-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Moorman sucked last year. They better have some legit competition.

better days
07-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Doesn't Harvard owe us a GOOD player?

DraftBoy
07-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Doesn't Harvard owe us a GOOD player?

For all the **** Fitzy took, he was a good player for us.

better days
07-07-2014, 08:33 AM

Yeah, sure he was.

I'm sure you have many fond memories of watching him play.

Uncle Jesse
07-07-2014, 08:37 AM
It won't be hard to beat out Moorman, he's horrendous.

Skooby
07-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Moorman's surrounding cast didn't do much to help him perform as well, not that I'm defending him.

better days
07-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Moorman's surrounding cast didn't do much to help him perform as well, not that I'm defending him.

Well, I have been a big critic of Danny Crossman, the Special teams coach.

It will be interesting to see if special teams improves this year, I think the Bills season could hinge on how well special teams plays.

Novacane
07-07-2014, 09:12 AM

Our coverage wasn't good but that had nothing to do with the numerous short punts. I'm not trashing him. I like Moorman but he's gotten old. It happens to everyone.

better days
07-08-2014, 09:14 AM

I actually defended Moorman in a different thread. I was shown facts that proved I was wrong in doing so.

I was wrong to defend Moorman & had to admit it. The reality is Moorman is old & had a TERRIBLE year last year.

Goobylal
07-08-2014, 11:44 AM
HAHVAHD!

Mace
07-08-2014, 09:05 PM
I won't care who the punter is if we don't have to punt so much. You know you're shellshocked when you're worried about having a good punter.

Yeah, I'm shellshocked too. Find a guy who knows how to punt in weather. Then don't punt so much anyway so I can't see it. Best part of Powell was hoping he'd get it past the line of scrimmage to see the robust fellow make a punishing tackle. Powerful leg he had. Hit like a linebacker. I'd rather see the ball go more that 15 yards even if it is only 16, and have someone else tackle the guy there.

Replace Moorman with whoever but keep him on deck.

better days
07-08-2014, 09:30 PM
This thread got me thinking of Paul Maguire. The best punter in Bills history.

And a big reason the Bills won two AFL Championships.

Paul could BOOM the ball, but his real talent was to kick it out of bounds in the coffin corner between the two yard line & end zone.

stuckincincy
07-09-2014, 02:35 PM

There is that...

stuckincincy
07-09-2014, 02:41 PM

He sure was. Did what they asked of him.

better days
07-09-2014, 02:50 PM
He sure was. Did what they asked of him.

Yeah, Fitz was often asked to go into the game in the 4th Qtr & lose it.

Other times he was asked to lose the game from the git go.

LMAO at anyone that thinks Fitz was good.

stuckincincy
07-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Yeah, Fitz was often asked to go into the game in the 4th Qtr & lose it.

Other times he was asked to lose the game from the git go.

LMAO at anyone that thinks Fitz was good.

Well, He's still employed in the NFL. 9 years, including 4 years with BUF, with 58 starts there.

LAMO my eye, folks showed up at at the games for 4 years. Blame them, not Fitz.

better days
07-09-2014, 03:02 PM
Well, He's still employed in the NFL. 9 years, including 4 years with BUF, with 58 starts there.

LAMO my eye, folks showed up at at the games for 4 years. Blame them, not Fitz.

Blame fans for showing up to games for the Bills losing?

And yes the Texans will have Fitz as the starting QB this year.

Looks like they are all in for the #1 pick in the draft.

stuckincincy
07-09-2014, 03:10 PM
Blame fans for showing up to games for the Bills losing?

And yes the Texans will have Fitz as the starting QB this year.

Looks like they are all in for the #1 pick in the draft.

Where in my post did I blame Bills fans?

I didn't.

BTW - come the start of pre-season, I want your opinion of the TB club. I would like folks from other NFL areas to give me the local view, but you are one of two who does so. Our poster CleveSteve gives a run-down of the Browns, but he's the only one besides you.

better days
07-09-2014, 04:12 PM
Where in my post did I blame Bills fans?

I didn't.

BTW - come the start of pre-season, I want your opinion of the TB club. I would like folks from other NFL areas to give me the local view, but you are one of two who does so. Our poster CleveSteve gives a run-down of the Browns, but he's the only one besides you.

"LAMO my eye, folks showed up at at the games for 4 years. Blame them, not Fitz."

As for the Bucs, I like most Bucs fans am excited to see Lovie come back to Coach them.

Reports were Schiano was a bigger hard ass than even Belichick & the players hated him & did not want to play for him.

Like the Bills, the Bucs have a lot of talented players on that team.

The difference is the division they play in. While the Pats* dominate the AFC East, no team has dominated the NFC South since that division was formed.

I think the Bucs have as good a chance to win the Division as any other team.

Generalissimus Gibby
07-09-2014, 05:08 PM

Now now, that's no way to talk about our best player in the past 15 years.

better days
07-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Now now, that's no way to talk about our best player in the past 15 years.

Maybe the best player 15 years ago, but not the best player the last 15 years.

Certainly not the best player last year.

Generalissimus Gibby
07-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Maybe the best player 15 years ago, but not the best player the last 15 years.

Certainly not the best player last year.

on a 6-10 team, and a team that hasn't had a winning record since 2004, whining about who should be called the best player is sort of like walking into a special ed class and debating whose the smartest ******.

- - - Updated - - -

Anywho, I find it funny that we'd take a punter from the same school who led us to so many three and outs.

better days
07-10-2014, 11:27 AM
on a 6-10 team, and a team that hasn't had a winning record since 2004, whining about who should be called the best player is sort of like walking into a special ed class and debating whose the smartest ******.

- - - Updated - - -

Anywho, I find it funny that we'd take a punter from the same school who led us to so many three and outs.

I think the person that claimed Moorman is the best Bills player of the last 15 years is the person that belongs in the special ed class.

I do agree it is funny about the QB & punter.

WagonCircler
07-10-2014, 02:56 PM
I won't care who the punter is if we don't have to punt so much. You know you're shellshocked when you're worried about having a good punter..

When you have a QB who removes chunks of field turf and endangers spectators with his passes, you end up punting a lot.

stuckincincy
07-11-2014, 01:33 PM
"LAMO my eye, folks showed up at at the games for 4 years. Blame them, not Fitz."

As for the Bucs, I like most Bucs fans am excited to see Lovie come back to Coach them.

Reports were Schiano was a bigger hard ass than even Belichick & the players hated him & did not want to play for him.

Like the Bills, the Bucs have a lot of talented players on that team.

The difference is the division they play in. While the Pats* dominate the AFC East, no team has dominated the NFC South since that division was formed.

I think the Bucs have as good a chance to win the Division as any other team.

So do I. They remind me of the Rams the season before they won the SB.

better days
07-11-2014, 10:20 PM
So do I. They remind me of the Rams the season before they won the SB.

And the USA Today that predicts 3-13 for the Bills also predicts that same 3-13 for the Bucs.

I think that writer will be wrong about both teams.