PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's 2014 NFL Team Preview: Buffalo Bills

FootballCEO
07-07-2014, 05:57 PM
http://footballgameplan.com/fbgps-2014-nfl-season-preview-buffalo-bills/

Good evening Bills fans! Here's my season preview for you guys; good luck this year!

Em

Fletch
07-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Since when is Bryce Brown a legit starter? He wasn't even a legit starter in college.

I just love it when previews are filled with the words "could, might, can, if." Just say what you think will happen and then live or die by that. Anything can/might/could happen. We could go 14-2 and win the Super Bowl and send 8 players to the Pro Bowl with three of them going all-pro. Not gonna happen though.

Road to the Super Bowl for the Buffalo Bills?

1. EJ Manuel plays consistently for 16 games.

First he has to stay healthy for 16 games. How many knee surgeries has he had in the less than 12 months that he's been here? 3? Also, he struggled to play consistently for two straight quarters all season long last year. Now all of a sudden he's going to play consistently for close to 16 games? I'll be happy if he can piece together 4 complete games, and play a solid 2 or 3 quarters in another 8. That would be major progress but not enough to get us to the playoffs. Maybe 8-8.

2. Run Defense gets at least to the middle of the pack.

Our run defense hasn't been at the middle of the pack for a decade.

3. Young team plays like veterans.

Yeah, that happens all the time. Especially when so few of the young guys come from schools without big-game experience.

July 7th and the whole division got better? Miami's a wreck simply due to recent developments. They're hardly better. Highly debatable with us.

We won several of our 6 games won last year due to our pass rush, I suspect that any gains made in the rushing D are going to be at the expense of not putting all of our eggs in the pass-D basket again. How that results in more wins is still a burning question.