PDA

View Full Version : 10 Things You Should Know - Eric Wood

The King
07-09-2014, 07:03 AM
http://www.billszone.com/wp-content/uploads/10T9.png

Eric Wood grew up in Cincinnati and played tight end, tackle and guard for the Elder High Panthers.
The Panthers won two consecutive titles during his junior and senior seasons. The only two in school history. Although the school has produced 10 NFL players.
Wood was recruited by Louisville after watching him on a basketball court.
Wood was a freshman All-American and earned All-Big East honors as a sophomore, junior and senior.
In 2007 Louisville won the Orange Bowl, Muhammad Ali was the Cardinals honorary captain.
During the off season as a junior Wood began training for the NFL combine, after three weeks of training he elected to stay at Louisville and finished his career with 49 consecutive starts.
Wood was projected as a top center in the 2009 NFL draft alongside Alex Mack. It was the first draft since 1983 with two centers selected in the first round.
Wood was selected with the 28th selection, a pick the Bills acquired for trading Jason Peters.
Since taking over as the starting center in 2011 Wood has allowed 2 just sacks.
A fan favorite Eric is also fearless when it comes to autographs. He’s signed, a wooden pickle, eviction notice and a jock strap for the Bills faithful.

http://www.billszone.com/?p=1792

Historian
07-09-2014, 07:08 AM
On top of that...he's a nice guy.

The King
07-09-2014, 07:18 AM
I will say doing research on offensive lineman sucks.

Luisito23
07-09-2014, 10:06 AM
On top of that...he's a nice guy.

How do you know?

trapezeus
07-09-2014, 11:19 AM
i met him as a rookie at a NYC bills backer event. i said, "are you worried about being on a team that has lost so much in the recent years." and he said something to the effect of "that happens, but i was born a bengals fan. i know how much it means to turn it around and i want to do that for bills fans." and obviously a great response, but he said it with some sincerity and really excited to meet at the bills fan in nyc.

Historian
07-10-2014, 06:10 AM
Me, Lecter, Mikey, Mike, Eb and Clump had lunch with him last year.

The last buffalo fan
07-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Me, Lecter, Mikey, Mike, Eb and Clump had lunch with him last year.

:ill: Don't want to find out about that signed jock strap!

Dr. Lecter
07-10-2014, 11:32 AM
this year I will have lunch with Scott Chandler. Not sure when or how many people I can invite though.