X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Texans' Andre Johnson refuses to play for Texans, demands trade

Andre Johnson spent months away from the team, and ultimately decided his future is not with the Houston Texans. The 33-year-old wide receiver requested a trade and will not report to training camp after skipping offseason workouts and minicamp, NFL Network reported Thursday. Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson intends to skip the team's mandatory minicamp this week. Johnson has three years and $31.5 million in base salary left on his contract but does not want to be part of another rebuilding project. The Texans are coming off a 2-14 season.
    One look at Ryan Fitzpatrick as his starting QB and the guy goes running for the door. I'm not sure they could afford him, but the Patriots have a history of trading peanuts for disgruntled veterans to see if they can wring one more good season out of them. Other than that, it seems like all the teams with big cap space are in the AFC.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!
  • CoolBreeze
    • Feb 2009

Re: Texans' Andre Johnson refuses to play for Texans, demands trade

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/texans-...5466--nfl.html

One look at Ryan Fitzpatrick as his starting QB and the guy goes running for the door. I'm not sure they could afford him, but the Patriots have a history of trading peanuts for disgruntled veterans to see if they can wring one more good season out of them. Other than that, it seems like all the teams with big cap space are in the AFC.
    Oh I hope not, they did that for Moss too. I forget what they gave for him to but it wasn't much I believe. thank you for posting, nothing can be done but to pray Johnson doesn't go to NE.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I wouldn't want to play for Bill Obrien either.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by CoolBreeze View Post
        Oh I hope not, they did that for Moss too. I forget what they gave for him to but it wasn't much I believe. thank you for posting, nothing can be done but to pray Johnson doesn't go to NE.
        And Ochocinco. Let's hope if it happens that Johnson turns out like him.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

They may regret not taking Sammy Watkins if they are forced to trade Andre Johnson.

And yeah, it would not be good if the Patriots managed to get their hands on Johnson.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

I think the Texans call his bluff.

Johnson was a very good receiver, but is past his prime.

No team is going to give the Texans anything of value for him, so why should the Texans try to trade him for next to nothing?

Johnson will have to pay about $18 Mill back to the Texans if he refuses to play this year.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

That would give the Texans way too much dead cap money. They would need alot for him. Not going to happen

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Will call his bluff. And they definitely won't be trading him to the Patriots.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                  Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                  Will call his bluff. And they definitely won't be trading him to the Patriots.
                  Why not? Reeks of Moss for fourth rounder.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

If he gets dealt, I doubt its inside the AFC.

Though if you're the Browns and you know Gordon is basically done, why not trade a couple of high picks for Johnson? Obviously you try and keep both 1st rounders but trading a 2nd and 3rd isn't such a bad idea when you have two potential top ten picks in your back pocket.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

Texans' Andre Johnson refuses to play for Texans, demands trade
                      aka The Fitzpatrick effect.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

If he goes to the right team, he could do for them what Boldin did for Baltimore.

Anybody know exactly how much bonus money gets pushed forward if he moves?
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Parzival
                          This is a list: They're my demands
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
                          Why not? Reeks of Moss for fourth rounder.
                          Except for the one major difference; that was a trade with the Raiders. I really don't think anymore needs to be said.
                          Over thinking, over analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                            aka The Fitzpatrick effect.
                            I guess you didn't know, Fitzpatrick was a good QB & did everything the Bills asked him to do.

LOL.

Comment

• Swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              I guess you didn't know, Fitzpatrick was a good QB & did everything the Bills asked him to do.

LOL.

I know exactly what Fitzpatrick is. And am still pining to have him over EJ Manuel. Apparently you weren't aware that he has a noodle arm and Johnson is a #1 WR who doesn't want to finish his career catching 8 yard passes.

Comment

Working...
                              X