PDA

View Full Version : The 2014 Buffalo Bills' Undrafted Free-Agents, "Report Card"

BillsImpossible
07-13-2014, 02:09 PM
Fun and interesting reading/viewing highlights for a boring, rainy Sunday afternoon in mid July.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2063143-report-card-grades-for-the-buffalo-bills-undrafted-free-agent-signings/page/2

Derek Brim, S, Buffalo

Deon Broomfield, S, Iowa State

James Gaines, LB, Miami (played with Derek Brim at Canisius High School)

Damien Jacobs, DT, Florida

Bryan Johnson, LB, West Texas A&M

Darrin Kitchens, LB, Florida

Kenny Ladler, S, Vanderbilt - "An instinctive playmaker with a nose for the ball, Vanderbilt safety Kenny Ladler should have the best chance of any of Buffalo’s undrafted rookies to end up making the 53-man roster."

Darius Robinson, CB, Clemson

Colby Way, DT, Buffalo

Out of the 9 undrafted players, who do you think will make the team, practice squad included?

Derek Brim, James Gaines, Darius Robinson, and Kenny Ladler.

Which player do you think will have the biggest impact?

Skooby
07-13-2014, 04:26 PM
Ladler might be able to replace Byrd.

swiper
07-13-2014, 04:46 PM
Here is a brief description of each guy for those who want it:

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2014/05/2014-buffalo-bills-undrafted-free-agent-tracker/

Darius Robinson sounds like a guy who might make it.

casdhf
07-13-2014, 05:20 PM
I have zero expectations from any of these guys. Making the final roster will be a nice surprise.

TigerJ
07-14-2014, 10:31 PM
If Kiko Alonso is not out for the season, no linebacker from this lis makes the team, but one of these guys has a pretty good shot. I think Kitchens has the best chance due to his speed. I think the present regime puts a premium on athleticism and speed. For those who say 40 times are worthless, I would say there are some exceptions, players who don't time well but are productive (Brandon Spikes, Vontaze Burfict). However, if you don't pay attention to speed, it can have a cumulative effect on your roster. It turns out speed does matter when you find yourself with a slow roster. Plus, Kitchens is a good player, and he has a chance to add some weight and lose the "undersized" label.