PDA

View Full Version : Scott Congel Wants to Buy the Buffalo Bills

SpikedLemonade
07-17-2014, 08:04 PM
http://www.wkbw.com/news/Scott-Congel-Wants-to-Buy-the-Buffalo-Bills-267574591.html

He is from Syracuse so you know that has to be good.

Wants to build the stadium in West Seneca at the old Seneca Mall site.

Good, bad or ugly?

Skooby
07-17-2014, 08:06 PM
I saw Flash Gordon when a theatre was there, it was a dump & buried in a residential area.

Goobylal
07-17-2014, 08:31 PM
From what I've heard, Congel isn't a guy you want owning the team. And odds are he's unlikely to be awarded it anyway.

swiper
07-18-2014, 04:00 AM
Hard to see that going anywhere.

Topas
07-18-2014, 05:37 AM
That they are also talking to potential buyers from Syracuse shows that they leave no stone unturned ...

Bangarang
07-18-2014, 05:56 AM
Last I heard, he was still trying to turn all that land in West Seneca into a shopping center/apartment complex/movie theater/whatever else.

I doubt he even has enough cash on hand to buy the team.

TedMock
07-18-2014, 11:17 AM
I saw Flash Gordon when a theatre was there, it was a dump & buried in a residential area.

You might be thinking of another mall. It was certainly a dump, but it really wasn't buried in a residential area. The Seneca Mall was basically on the corner of Ridge Road and Slade Ave. It's a fairly busy road about 30 seconds from the thruway. The immediate area is mostly parking lots and businesses. There's a very short row of houses on Slade right there (maybe 15-20) passed the Hampton Inn, but not much else in terms of housing directly near it. The backside has a Wegmans across the street on Orchard Park Road, I think. There is a lot of unused land sitting right there. I doubt Congel is high on the list though.

Mace
07-18-2014, 09:05 PM
http://www.wkbw.com/news/Scott-Congel-Wants-to-Buy-the-Buffalo-Bills-267574591.html

He is from Syracuse so you know that has to be good.

Wants to build the stadium in West Seneca at the old Seneca Mall site.

Good, bad or ugly?

Ownership chaff I think. Had a great time the once I went to Seneca Mall from the city before we had any malls I knew of. Great site for a Walmart Superstore to ruin a bunch of other places for the next generation to worry about building competing Walmarts on.

Ownership camp fodder. He wants to look at the sales book to see what else he can make money from.