PDA

View Full Version : Jon Bon Jovi officially part of Toronto ownership Group.

whkfc
07-19-2014, 12:36 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2014/07/18/ap-sources-bon-jovi-part-of-group-eyeing-bills/12839975/

Booooo!!!

stuckincincy
07-19-2014, 12:38 PM
There's no business like show business.

Scumbag College
07-19-2014, 01:36 PM
He can make bull**** music and have enough money to bid on buying an NFL team to move to Canada?

Satan is kicking himself for making a deal with this guy.

SpikedLemonade
07-19-2014, 02:44 PM
This was interesting...

The next step is for prospective bidders to submit another set of forms — including their own financial information — by July 29 to gain more access to the Bills' financial information.

So even with signing the NDAs they did not get full financials.

The article says that the Bills made $30M in 2013 but are expected to make $60M by 2019.

$30M on a $1B purchase is a 3% return. Not great.

We do have to remember that unlike Ralph, the new owner gets a tax write-off of the purchase price over a period of time. That helps.

Even if the team makes $60M in 2019, a purchase price over $1B does not give an owner an incentive to put his own money into a new $1B stadium and still have relatively cheap tickets while the fans drink for free in his parking lot.

Something has to change.

BuffaloRedleg
07-19-2014, 03:08 PM
The level of rage that I feel over even the idea of the Bills moving is kind of scary to me.

Fletch
07-19-2014, 03:10 PM
What worries me is that that $400M price tag to move the team is getting smaller based on that info.

Of about 60 nondisclosure forms sent out by Morgan Stanley in June, at least 10 of have been returned,

At least we know that at least 10 parties have returned the info which is concerning. I don't like that "at least," and we only know of what, four or five (?), parties that claim to want to leave the team here.

SpikedLemonade
07-19-2014, 03:34 PM
The level of rage that I feel over even the idea of the Bills moving is kind of scary to me.

I understand buddy.

I grew up in Hamilton.

The truth is that neither of us could have made the living that we did if we stayed in our hometowns.

Night Train
07-19-2014, 03:39 PM
So Mary Wilson/Littman have no say on who they sell to ?

:rolleyes:

SpikedLemonade
07-19-2014, 03:40 PM
I want the Bills to remain in Buffalo for my lifetime.

However, here would be the game plan if you wanted to move the Toronto at the end of the lease in 2022:

(1) Buy the team at a higher price than the other bidders and say you are committed to keeping the team in Buffalo.

(2) Raise prices by 20+% per year to get the tickets to the average price by 2019 and test the Buffalo market.

(3) Fake interest in the stadium location process knowing full well you ain't spending a dime of your own money in Buffalo.

(4) Publicly embarrass the Buffalo business community for not committing to long-term newly increased pricing for suites.

(5) Build a case so you can go to the NFL owners before 2020 and successfully argue the Buffalo area simply isn't willing to support a NFL team at the average cost of doing so.

(6) Find a developer in the Toronto area who is willing to mostly finance a $1.5B stadium since the government up there will do no more than perhaps infrastructure development.

(7) Basically humble the Buffalo area until it accepts what it is today.

Sad.

WagonCircler
07-19-2014, 03:42 PM
I wish a slow, painful death on him and all his associates.

And on ******* Canadians like the one in the post above.

SpikedLemonade
07-19-2014, 03:44 PM

Depends on the terms of the Trust.

Regardless, a local owner has to buy within 10 - 15% of a non-local owner who says they are committed to keeping the team in Buffalo just to avoid a potential tax evaluation problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish a slow, painful death on him and all his associates.

And on ******* Canadians like the one in the post above.

The same piece of crap that you have always been.

Fletch
07-19-2014, 04:38 PM

Until we hear something differently definitively there's no reason to think that the team is not going to the highest bidder.

Many people here don't understand how trusts work. Trusts act in accordance with a prescribed, not postscribed, set of instructions by whomever set up the trust, in this case presumably Wilson.

I don't know how one of those instructions could possibly be that an owner keep the team in Buffalo for any prescribed period of time. The new owner will be the owner and the team will belong to him.

Even if there were a stipulation that stated that the team had to be sold to a party willing to keep it in Buffalo, that could be fulfilled in a few seasons of keeping the team in Buffalo, and which potential buyer in his right mind won't promise to do that. All they have to say is I have no plans for moving the team, which would be true, today.

So expect this to come down to the highest bidder. Anyone thinking that any of the Wilsons care is fooling themself. Supposed the one that cared the most is now dead and he could have actually prevented this fiasco but chose not to.

jamze132
07-19-2014, 05:10 PM
Bills aren't moving. I have a rich friend with inside knowledge who likes tacos.

Mace
07-19-2014, 06:09 PM
There's no business like show business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhZEihF6a6I

I'm waving my zippo. :dance3:

better days
07-19-2014, 09:13 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2014/07/18/ap-sources-bon-jovi-part-of-group-eyeing-bills/12839975/

Booooo!!!

I can remember when Kentucky Fried Chicken tasted DELICIOUS.

Colonel Sanders would roll over in his grave if he tasted the CRAP KFC sells today.

BertSquirtgum
07-19-2014, 09:41 PM

However, here would be the game plan if you wanted to move the Toronto at the end of the lease in 2022:

(1) Buy the team at a higher price than the other bidders and say you are committed to keeping the team in Buffalo.

(2) Raise prices by 20+% per year to get the tickets to the average price by 2019 and test the Buffalo market.

(3) Fake interest in the stadium location process knowing full well you ain't spending a dime of your own money in Buffalo.

(4) Publicly embarrass the Buffalo business community for not committing to long-term newly increased pricing for suites.

(5) Build a case so you can go to the NFL owners before 2020 and successfully argue the Buffalo area simply isn't willing to support a NFL team at the average cost of doing so.

(6) Find a developer in the Toronto area who is willing to mostly finance a $1.5B stadium since the government up there will do no more than perhaps infrastructure development.

Sad.

Your posts are garbage.

better days
07-19-2014, 09:45 PM

Sad.

I believe the bolded as much as I believe Bon Jovi would not move the team.

better days
07-19-2014, 10:09 PM
I understand buddy.

I grew up in Hamilton.

The truth is that neither of us could have made the living that we did if we stayed in our hometowns.

Do garbage men in Hamilton really get paid that much less than where you live now?

Frenchman
07-19-2014, 10:16 PM
Wonder how much money he gave!

better days
07-20-2014, 06:34 AM
According to sources the Trust wants the team sold in time for the new owner to be approved by the owners meeting in October.

We should only have to put up with this crap a couple more months.

SpikedLemonade
07-20-2014, 10:02 AM
According to sources the Trust wants the team sold in time for the new owner to be approved by the owners meeting in October.

We should only have to put up with this crap a couple more months.

Yes because this will not continue until a new stadium is built.

better days
07-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Yes because this will not continue until a new stadium is built.

Well you Coastal & Fletch will no doubt continue to post crap until then.

But Buffalo Bills fans will know if the Bills are staying in Buffalo after 2020 or moving in 2020 based on who buys the Bills.