PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Group Vow Not To Move Bills

DraftBoy
07-20-2014, 06:31 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/19/bon-jovis-group-vows-to-keep-team-in-buffalo/

Rocker Jon Bon Jovi has indeed joined a Toronto-based group that hopes to buy the Buffalo Bills. And Bon Jovi and company indeed are claiming that they intend to keep the team in Buffalo.

Via the Associated Press, Bon Jovi’s group has retained a banking firm and submitted paperwork expressing interest in buying the franchise from the estate of Ralph Wilson. Via John Kryk of the Toronto Sun, Bon Jovi’s group has told others, and will inform the trust that will sell the team, that the Bills won’t leave Buffalo.

The first hint that Bon Jovi’s intentions had changed came when his former partner in the AFL’s Philadelphia Soul, Ron Jaworski, told Buffalo radio that Bon Jovi never intended and doesn’t intend to move the team.

better days
07-20-2014, 06:37 AM
Spiked Lemonade & Coastal & Fletch are the only people gullible enough to believe that.

DraftBoy
07-20-2014, 06:48 AM
Spiked Lemonade & Coastal & Fletch are the only people gullible enough to believe that.

It's possible (though not likely) that they ran some modeling and don't see the risk as worth it. I believe this likely just a PR move but its certainly interesting.

Fletch
07-20-2014, 07:08 AM

I often wonder if you and everyone else here are reading the same things about what posters here write.

Famous Amos
07-20-2014, 07:45 AM
You just can't take these people's word at face value. They only have the best interests in mind, not Buffalo's. I feel like they are the step dad that promises the family won't move but secretly that can't wait to cut bait with the brat step kids and move away with their **** trophy.

YardRat
07-20-2014, 07:54 AM
I've never understood much of the hate spewed toward Bon Jovi and his possible desire to be part of a group to purchase the team, other than the connection to Toronto money. He's got a helluva business mind, and it would be terrible PR for him to buy it and yank it. Especially to Toronto, and you don't have to be too astute to see that would be a poor move financially. The only money move for JBJ may be LA, but a Toronto group and Jersey boy aren't going to go to the left coast with their prized possession. Unless somebody is looking to make a quick turnaround on their investment and be a short-time owner, neither city makes any sense for re-location.

The market and fan base are already too well established to move, and I laugh at those that rant 'Wilson is cheap, all he cares about is padding his bank account' out of one side of their mouth, then "Anybody that wants to make a profit will have to move the team' out of the other.

better days
07-20-2014, 08:34 AM
I've never understood much of the hate spewed toward Bon Jovi and his possible desire to be part of a group to purchase the team, other than the connection to Toronto money. He's got a helluva business mind, and it would be terrible PR for him to buy it and yank it. Especially to Toronto, and you don't have to be too astute to see that would be a poor move financially. The only money move for JBJ may be LA, but a Toronto group and Jersey boy aren't going to go to the left coast with their prized possession. Unless somebody is looking to make a quick turnaround on their investment and be a short-time owner, neither city makes any sense for re-location.

The market and fan base are already too well established to move, and I laugh at those that rant 'Wilson is cheap, all he cares about is padding his bank account' out of one side of their mouth, then "Anybody that wants to make a profit will have to move the team' out of the other.

Seriously? The hate spewed at Bon Jovi is because he aligned himself with a Toronto group which credible sources from Toronto said wanted to move the Bills there.

The only reason they are backing off of that is because they know they will have to play in Buffalo untill 2020 & don't want to play in an empty stadium.

Or they have to pay a hefty price to the Wilson family if the Bills move as well as the penalty.

I can't believe anyone would think a Toronto group would keep the Bills in Buffalo any longer than they need to.

coastal
07-20-2014, 09:07 AM
And when the state of NY, corporate support and fan base don't provide what is required for the new owners expectations... the move becomes a financial necessity.

then it's not the new owners fault... it's just the reality of the economics.

better days
07-20-2014, 09:17 AM
And when the state of NY, corporate support and fan base don't provide what is required for the new owners expectations... the move becomes a financial necessity.

then it's not the new owners fault... it's just the reality of the economics.

And if it were true that the Toronto group had no intention of moving the Bills, they could not over pay for them & expect to make any money.

Night Train
07-20-2014, 09:21 AM
I doubt he'll win the bidding...so to me it's a non-issue. The legacy of Ralph selling to a buyer who will without a doubt keep the team here long term seems important.

Sweet talk won't work.

SpikedLemonade
07-20-2014, 09:27 AM
Seriously? The hate spewed at Bon Jovi is because he aligned himself with a Toronto group which credible sources from Toronto said wanted to move the Bills there.

The only reason they are backing off of that is because they know they will have to play in Buffalo untill 2020 & don't want to play in an empty stadium.

Or they have to pay a hefty price to the Wilson family if the Bills move as well as the penalty.

I can't believe anyone would think a Toronto group would keep the Bills in Buffalo any longer than they need to.

Just because you moved away from Buffalo does not mean they would.

better days
07-20-2014, 09:27 AM
I doubt he'll win the bidding...so to me it's a non-issue. The legacy of Ralph selling to a buyer who will without a doubt keep the team here long term seems important.

Sweet talk won't work.

If the Toronto group out bids Pegula & Golisono, everyone will know the Toronto group has every intention of moving the Bills asap.

As Coastal said, reality of the economics.

better days
07-20-2014, 09:32 AM
Just because you moved away from Buffalo does not mean they would.

Well if the Toronto group bids more for the Bills than they are worth in Buffalo they would have to move to make money.

And why would the Trust sell the Bills to a Toronto group instead of a Buffalo group unless the Toronto group was willing to pay much more for the Bills?

SpikedLemonade
07-20-2014, 09:53 AM
Well if the Toronto group bids more for the Bills than they are worth in Buffalo they would have to move to make money.

And why would the Trust sell the Bills to a Toronto group instead of a Buffalo group unless the Toronto group was willing to pay much more for the Bills?

The Bills made $30M last year. Given they are worth at least $1B, do you consider $30M making money?

better days
07-20-2014, 10:07 AM
The Bills made $30M last year. Given they are worth at least $1B, do you consider $30M making money?

Well, I would be very happy to pull in $30 Mill myself.

As I said before, Pegula & Golisono are not attempting to buy the Bills to make money. I think both would be happy with a $30 Mill profit.

But as I said before, why would the trust sell to a group from Toronto instead of a group from Buffalo unless the Toronto group was willing to pay MUCH more for the Bills than the Buffalo group?

So would the Toronto group think $30 Mill would be making money? And if they OVER PAY for the Bills would there be a $30 Mill profit?

We all know the Toronto group would not be buying the Bills for altruistic reasons like Pegula & Golisono, the Toronto group would want to make money.

And the Toronto group includes Rodgers who is a CANADIAN media mogul. What point would there be for the Toronto group to buy the Bills & keep them in Buffalo?

As someone posted on the two Bills drive message board, it would be like buying a car and leaving it at the dealership.

coastal
07-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Well, I would be very happy to pull in $30 Mill myself.

As I said before, Pegula & Golisono are not attempting to buy the Bills to make money. I think both would be happy with a $30 Mill profit.

But as I said before, why would the trust sell to a group from Toronto instead of a group from Buffalo unless the Toronto group was willing to pay MUCH more for the Bills than the Buffalo group?

So would the Toronto group think $30 Mill would be making money? And if they OVER PAY for the Bills would there be a $30 Mill profit?

We all know the Toronto group would not be buying the Bills for altruistic reasons like Pegula & Golisono, the Toronto group would want to make money.

And the Toronto group includes Rodgers who is a CANADIAN media mogul. What point would there be for the Toronto group to buy the Bills & keep them in Buffalo?

As someone posted on the two Bills drive message board, it would be like buying a car and leaving it at the dealership.
We agree?

wtf.

better days
07-20-2014, 11:06 AM
We agree?

wtf.

I am more of a realist than most people realize.

I just try to keep an optimistic outlook.

And we agree about all things Florida.

BertSquirtgum
07-20-2014, 12:16 PM
Florida sucks.

better days
07-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Florida sucks.

Yes, please stay away & tell everyone you know not to come here for vacation either.

BertSquirtgum
07-20-2014, 12:58 PM
If you like to walk outside and start sweating the second you walk out the door. Florida is the right place for you.

Also, if anyone believes this article then I have a great place on the ocean to sell you in Arizona.

better days
07-20-2014, 01:10 PM
If you like to walk outside and start sweating the second you walk out the door. Florida is the right place for you.

Also, if anyone believes this article then I have a great place on the ocean to sell you in Arizona.

Yeah, especially in the months of September through April.

Best for everyone to stay away from Florida.

BertSquirtgum
07-20-2014, 01:16 PM
I know old people need the warm weather because their circulatory system is weak, I assume this is why you moved? Keep posting the same thing over and over again. It fits you well.

You can't snowmobile in Florida. Florida sucks.

better days
07-20-2014, 01:16 PM
I know old people need the warm weather because their circulatory system is weak, I assume this is why you moved? Keep posting the same thing over and over again. It fits you well.

I was not old when I moved to Fla, I have been here a long time.

And it is hot in Fla now, but we have a nice breeze from the Gulf where I live.

I would bet draft boy is much hotter right now than I am.

DraftBoy
07-20-2014, 01:22 PM
I was not old when I moved to Fla, I have been here a long time.

And it is hot in Fla now, but we have a nice breeze from the Gulf where I live.

I would bet draft boy is much hotter right now than I am.

It's barely 70 here today.

Plus I love the heat and humidity, doesn't bother me in the least bit.

coastal
07-20-2014, 02:28 PM
Sweat revitalizes the body... forces you to replenish with clean water. It's like a rinse cycle of the inside of your body.

Skooby
07-20-2014, 02:45 PM

You can't snowmobile in Florida. Florida sucks.

I personally just want to walk outside without needing to near preparing for ~ spacewalks during the winter, all the while messing up my car with salt.

It was almost a 77 average temp all winter long here, with highs & lows included. Why put the shorts away or the flip flips if avoidable? I guess if the Arctic is your thing, then head way north or south and stroke a penguin. I'd prefer to just wait for the movie & think it looks real cold there, then walk outside without much debate after the movie's over.

DraftBoy
07-20-2014, 02:48 PM
Also more importantly, my outdoor activities here in Georgia involve women in either bikinis or sundresses for at least half the year.

Yea...I'll take the heat, thank you very much...

coastal
07-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Sundresses rule

Skooby
07-20-2014, 02:55 PM
Thin Sundresses rule

Fixed.

DraftBoy
07-20-2014, 03:20 PM
Fixed.

Umm...if you had to that qualifier are you sure you know what a sundress is?

Homegrown
07-20-2014, 03:30 PM
FLA love-fest ? .... perhaps Bon Jovi should buy the Bills and move them to Orlando ...

better days
07-20-2014, 03:38 PM
FLA love-fest ? .... perhaps Bon Jovi should buy the Bills and move them to Orlando ...

Naples would be better, right Mitch?

That is where the money is in Fla.

Skooby
07-20-2014, 04:02 PM
Naples would be better, right Mitch?

That is where the money is in Fla.

The money down here humbles the richest men, they rule their local towns & then realize oh man I'm just visiting even though I live here.

trapezeus
07-21-2014, 07:22 AM
wouldn't it be funny if scooby/mitch was tommy golisano all along? he lives in naples as well, no?

albertjenney
07-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Keep the Bills in Buffalo. Would be a shame if new ownership moved them.

stuckincincy
07-21-2014, 10:19 AM
wouldn't it be funny if scooby/mitch was tommy golisano all along? he lives in naples as well, no?

Good. Drinks are on him. :jig:

DesertFox24
07-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Any team that says it will move the team or even open to it will automatically be removed per the will of Ralph.

They have to say they will keep the team iin order to even be in the running.

That and the lease is iron clad till at least 2020 so they do not want a lame duck situation till 2020.

Only way we will know they will not move the team is if they extend the lease put more money into the Ralph or build a new stadium.

better days
07-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Any team that says it will move the team or even open to it will automatically be removed per the will of Ralph.

They have to say they will keep the team iin order to even be in the running.

That and the lease is iron clad till at least 2020 so they do not want a lame duck situation till 2020.

Only way we will know they will not move the team is if they extend the lease put more money into the Ralph or build a new stadium.

The problem for the Toronto group is they let the cat out of the bag before it was known the team could not be moved.

Only an idiot would think they have changed their mind about moving the team.

DesertFox24
07-21-2014, 12:20 PM
The problem for the Toronto group is they let the cat out of the bag before it was known the team could not be moved.

Only an idiot would think they have changed their mind about moving the team.

Oh I agree and do not want JBJ as the owner.

I want Pegula.

I think Pegula will let Brandon and company still do their thing for a year or two more before blowing it up. I think Ralph finally got it right with Brandon, whaley(Nix), and Marrone and I want them to get 4 years total so 2 more after this season.

Mace
07-21-2014, 08:24 PM
It's possible (though not likely) that they ran some modeling and don't see the risk as worth it. I believe this likely just a PR move but its certainly interesting.

It's interesting also that Bon Jovi, certainly media savvy, and certainly aware of the anti-Toronto, anti-Bon Jovi sentiments, has done nothing else whatever to cultivate the locals here with face time, soothing words on his personal philosophies, feeding a baby animal at the zoo and saying how much he has always loved the area, admired the waterfront development effort to the media. It's some pretty feeble PR if so. Sort of like "oh yeah, we don't want to move them btw, and excuse me, I have to go take in a Jays game."

Mace
07-21-2014, 08:34 PM
I want Pegula.

I think Pegula will let Brandon and company still do their thing for a year or two more before blowing it up. I think Ralph finally got it right with Brandon, whaley(Nix), and Marrone and I want them to get 4 years total so 2 more after this season.

This is the closest to my personal opinion. I'm not entirely positive about the regime, but it needs to play out now and I think Pegula would let it. I also think he can afford to let the team be passed down through his family, and just from general observation, they strike me as a family that will pass things down as time passes, with some degree of cheerful continuity.

I'm biased, I genuinely like Pegula despite some of the Sabres fumbles. Remember when he personally delivered some season tickets, driving his own vehicle ? Pegula seems so Buffalo it will be painful if someone else buys it and won't seem right to me.

WagonCircler
07-21-2014, 08:37 PM
http://www.paralegalhell.com/spacemonkey/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/untouchables.jpg

DesertFox24
07-22-2014, 11:35 AM
I will say though that Jaws comments on how savy Jon Bon Jovi is has me intrigued. I also like what he said about him wanting to hoist a lombardi and will do whatever it takes to get it. Additionally that he is a very hands on guy and wants to be involved in every aspect.

I am very concerned about the Toronto affailation with him though and that is why I do not want him.

Although if he does win the bid I believe it will be very tenious for him and the fans of Buffalo until he actually breaks ground for a new stadium somewhere in Buffalo/Niagara area.

k-oneputt
07-22-2014, 11:41 AM
He will have this team in Toronto as soon as he possibly can. Don't believe his bs.

Ed
07-22-2014, 11:49 AM
I'm sure in an ideal world the Toronto group would love to be able to move the team, but the reality is that if the NFL says they can't move the team then they're SOL. Goodell and the majority of the owners want the team to stay in Buffalo. If the Toronto group is vowing to keep the team in Buffalo, it's because moving isn't an option and won't be. I'm sure any winning proposal is going to have to include long term plans for Buffalo and a new stadium. They're not going to win the bid without showing a genuine commitment to Buffalo, and even if they propose to move the team in the future, it would still need 24 votes from the other owners. They're not going to get that. All the obstacles with moving to Toronto have been pretty well documented. I hope the Toronto group doesn't win, but even if they do, I'd be more concerned with how they're going to improve the team than if they're going to try and move them.

Here's hoping Pegula comes through and it all becomes moot.

better days
07-22-2014, 11:55 AM
I'm sure in an ideal world the Toronto group would love to be able to move the team, but the reality is that if the NFL says they can't move the team then they're SOL. Goodell and the majority of the owners want the team to stay in Buffalo. If the Toronto group is vowing to keep the team in Buffalo, it's because moving isn't an option and won't be. I'm sure any winning proposal is going to have to include long term plans for Buffalo and a new stadium. They're not going to win the bid without showing a genuine commitment to Buffalo, and even if they propose to move the team in the future, it would still need 24 votes from the other owners. They're not going to get that. All the obstacles with moving to Toronto have been pretty well documented. I hope the Toronto group doesn't win, but even if they do, I'd be more concerned with how they're going to improve the team than if they're going to try and move them.

Here's hoping Pegula comes through and it all becomes moot.

Well as I have been saying, there is absolutely no reason to sell the Bills to a Toronto group instead of someone from Buffalo unless the Toronto group offers to pay MUCH more for the team.

And if the Toronto group does pay a fortune to buy the Bills, you can bet it will not be with the intention of keeping the team in Buffalo.

k-oneputt
07-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Money. Those 24 owners votes could change.

Here's hoping for Pegula

SpikedLemonade
07-22-2014, 03:44 PM
And if the Toronto group does pay a fortune to buy the Bills, you can bet it will not be with the intention of keeping the team in Buffalo.

Why do you say that? Have you not read here about the Buffalo Erie Economic Renaissance(BEER)?

BillsImpossible
07-22-2014, 06:54 PM

Great point.

30 million dollars per year profit is not going to break even on the investment for at least 33 years.

$1 billion divided by 30 million dollars = 33.33 years to pay off.

That's not factoring in how much it would cost to build a new stadium.

chris66
07-26-2014, 09:06 AM
Its funny that everyone is clambering for pegula and galisano to keep the Bills in WNY. What most people dont realize is that 1/3 of the fan base is going to be priced out in the next couple of years. when you start factoring 50.00 bucks for parking and avg ticket prices at $120.00.

fast forward 3 years when you cant sell out the stadium for more than 3 games a year. They will end up moving the team to toronto

Turf
07-26-2014, 09:17 AM
Great point.

30 million dollars per year profit is not going to break even on the investment for at least 33 years.

$1 billion divided by 30 million dollars = 33.33 years to pay off.

That's not factoring in how much it would cost to build a new stadium.

Um, you make 30 million a year while the value of your team appreciates. So in 10 years you would have made 300 million, and can sell it for more than you paid for it.

better days
07-26-2014, 09:51 AM
Um, you make 30 million a year while the value of your team appreciates. So in 10 years you would have made 300 million, and can sell it for more than you paid for it.

An NFL team is not something people want to sell once they own one unless they have to.

Pegula has more money than he can spend in his lifetime.

The Sabres & Bills will be what he owns for enjoyment.

stuckincincy
07-26-2014, 10:51 AM

A 3 percent return per year for plunking down $1bn seems pretty low.

better days
07-26-2014, 11:04 AM
Why do you say that? Have you not read here about the Buffalo Erie Economic Renaissance(BEER)?

The reason I say that is that group is from TORONTO.

better days
07-26-2014, 11:08 AM
Its funny that everyone is clambering for pegula and galisano to keep the Bills in WNY. What most people dont realize is that 1/3 of the fan base is going to be priced out in the next couple of years. when you start factoring 50.00 bucks for parking and avg ticket prices at $120.00.

fast forward 3 years when you cant sell out the stadium for more than 3 games a year. They will end up moving the team to toronto

Despite what people would have you believe, the Bills are not & have not been at the bottom of the league in regards to prices charged.

chris66
07-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Despite what people would have you believe, the Bills are not & have not been at the bottom of the league in regards to prices charged.what they are 31 out of 32.
with new owners paying top dollar comes higher prices. Expect to pay at least double for everything. The days of season tickets costing below a grand will be done

stuckincincy
07-26-2014, 01:48 PM
what they are 31 out of 32.
with new owners paying top dollar comes higher prices. Expect to pay at least double for everything. The days of season tickets costing below a grand will be done

Maybe an issue, maybe not. I'm old. For me, paying 4 bucks for a hot dog or 6 bucks for a beer or any ticket price would have me feel like I've been fleeced and my fault because I paid for the ducat in the first place.

Yet, folks pour into stadiums. Go figure.

chris66
07-26-2014, 01:55 PM
Maybe an issue, maybe not. I'm old. For me, paying 4 bucks for a hot dog or 6 bucks for a beer or any ticket price would have me feel like I've been fleeced and my fault because I paid for the ducat in the first place.

Yet, folks pour into stadiums. Go figure.I wonder how many Bills fans that have moved out of the area that keep season tickets because they are cheap

stuckincincy
07-26-2014, 02:00 PM
I wonder how many Bills fans that have moved out of the area that keep season tickets because they are cheap

Many, I hope. Getting live NFL games at lower prices - makes sense. I can't relate to today's prices, but younger folks than me deal with it. Like I said, I'm old.

SpikedLemonade
07-26-2014, 02:17 PM
what they are 31 out of 32.

Yes 31 out of 32 in average price per ticket and 30 out of 32 in Fan Cost Indix:

The Browns also have the cheapest FCI at $343.80, while Caro-

lina ($365.38), Buffalo ($365.98), Tampa Bay ($366.76), and

Kansas City ($374.68) round out the bottom five.

The cheapest average ticket is once again the Cleveland Brownsat $54.20. The Buffalo Bills ($57.75) are the only other team with
an average ticket price under $60.

https://www.teammarketing.com/public/uploadedPDFs/nfl%20fci%2014.pdf

Please don't ask Better Days for anything numbers related since his old calculator is as faulty as his logic.

SpikedLemonade
07-26-2014, 02:23 PM
Despite what people would have you believe, the Bills are not & have not been at the bottom of the league in regards to prices charged.

The cheapest average ticket is once again the Cleveland Browns at $54.20. The Buffalo Bills ($57.75) are the only other team with an average ticket price under $60.

Woodman
07-26-2014, 02:23 PM
I still say **** Toronto ..... in fact just **** Canada .... who's with me?

SpikedLemonade
07-26-2014, 02:25 PM
I still say **** Toronto ..... in fact just **** Canada .... who's with me?

I'm Canadian and I agree.

The Bills should stay in Buffalo.

In fact, Canadians shouldn't even bother going to Bills games.

You guys deserve them all to yourself.

Here come the black outs.

chris66
07-26-2014, 02:32 PM
Many, I hope. Getting live NFL games at lower prices - makes sense. I can't relate to today's prices, but younger folks than me deal with it. Like I said, I'm old.

me either. I use to go to a ton of pats games in the late eighties early 90's. once Kraft bought the team tickets started going up real fast and i pretty much got priced out.

stuckincincy
07-26-2014, 02:51 PM
me either. I use to go to a ton of pats games in the late eighties early 90's. once Kraft bought the team tickets started going up real fast and i pretty much got priced out.

It's such a different market. We've heard that it's not the live gate so much, but the spiffy boxes, and the tv money and the trinkets ads so forth.

The number of non-sellouts is so small compared to the 16 games time 32 teams that the NFL presents over a season. Why the NFL prospers is another subject altogether.

Night Train
07-26-2014, 02:54 PM
I vow to never drink another beer... even though I just finished one and my fridge contains about 50 more..

Ingtar33
07-26-2014, 07:41 PM
The inherent danger in the Toronto move is this...

If the Cleveland browns moved to Erie Pennsylvania, there would be no way in hell the nfl would have ever given Cleveland a new team. They would shrug their shoulders and say "you still have a team". If the Bills move to Toronto. we'll never have another nfl team. Its the only destination which will kill any chances of us having a team again.

Even the hint a new ownership group might make the move to Toronto should be all it takes to take them out of consideration. because once that happens we'll never have another nfl team again. This isn't Cleveland jumping to Baltimore, or Baltimore jumping to Indianapolis... or the cards going to phoenix... or the oilers going to Tennessee... we won't get another shot at this one people IF the team goes to Toronoto. Now, if they moved to LA, we'd probably have a fair chance to get a new team. So (in theory) i for one would have not much of a problem with steve ballmer coming in and buying the team with a bunch of lip service about staying.

chris66
07-27-2014, 09:23 AM
The inherent danger in the Toronto move is this...

If the Cleveland browns moved to Erie Pennsylvania, there would be no way in hell the nfl would have ever given Cleveland a new team. They would shrug their shoulders and say "you still have a team". If the Bills move to Toronto. we'll never have another nfl team. Its the only destination which will kill any chances of us having a team again.

Even the hint a new ownership group might make the move to Toronto should be all it takes to take them out of consideration. because once that happens we'll never have another nfl team again. This isn't Cleveland jumping to Baltimore, or Baltimore jumping to Indianapolis... or the cards going to phoenix... or the oilers going to Tennessee... we won't get another shot at this one people IF the team goes to Toronoto. Now, if they moved to LA, we'd probably have a fair chance to get a new team. So (in theory) i for one would have not much of a problem with steve ballmer coming in and buying the team with a bunch of lip service about staying.

That goes both ways though. Thats why you have to read between the lines of what the other owners say. by keeping a team in buffalo they are essentially closing the door on what would be the 4th largest market in the nfl.

better days
07-27-2014, 09:34 AM
The cheapest average ticket is once again the Cleveland Browns at $54.20. The Buffalo Bills ($57.75) are the only other team with an average ticket price under $60.

Yeah, so maybe the Bills have to raise the price a few dollars to get into the $60 dollar range BIG DEAL.

SpikedLemonade
07-27-2014, 09:36 AM
Yeah, so maybe the Bills have to raise the price a few dollars to get into the $60 dollar range BIG DEAL.

Read the link.

You are once again wrong.

You don't do the research and simply pull stuff out of your old ass.

better days
07-27-2014, 09:46 AM
Read the link.

You are once again wrong.

You don't do the research and simply pull stuff out of your old ass.

Wrong about what?

I saw 5 teams listed with prices in the $60. range.

And there may be even more that were not on that incomplete list.

better days
07-27-2014, 09:58 AM
And according to CBS sports.com, the Bills ticket price average is $59.19. Two other teams have LOWER prices than the Bills. Jax & Cleveland.

Just PENNIES from the $60 price range. And there are not just 5 teams, but 10 teams with tickets priced in the $60 range.

Then there are 12 teams in the $70 price range. That is 22 of the 32 teams in the NFL.

The Bills do not have to raise their prices very much to be right there with 22 other teams.

stuckincincy
07-27-2014, 10:54 AM
And according to CBS sports.com, the Bills ticket price average is $59.19. Two other teams have LOWER prices than the Bills. Jax & Cleveland.

Just PENNIES from the $60 price range. And there are not just 5 teams, but 10 teams with tickets priced in the $60 range.

Then there are 12 teams in the $70 price range. That is 22 of the 32 teams in the NFL.

The Bills do not have to raise their prices very much to be right there with 22 other teams.

They don't, but any new ownership might want to. I've no idea what the market in BUF will stand, but the fans are among the most loyal in the league.

better days
07-27-2014, 11:04 AM
They don't, but any new ownership might want to. I've no idea what the market in BUF will stand, but the fans are among the most loyal in the league.

Well, if the new owner is Pegula, I think he will make any price increase reasonable.

If the new owner is Bon Jovi & his boys, they can raise the price all they want. Just one more reason to not go to games if they buy the Bills.

SpikedLemonade
07-27-2014, 11:13 AM
If the new owner is Bon Jovi & his boys, they can raise the price all they want. Just one more reason to not go to games if they buy the Bills.

Easy to say when you live in Florida and don't attend many games.

better days
07-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Easy to say when you live in Florida and don't attend many games.

If the douches from Toronto buy the Bills, they could pay for my plane fare put me up in the best hotel in Buffalo & give me free tickets to the game on the 50 yard line & I would not go.

stuckincincy
07-27-2014, 12:07 PM
If the douches from Toronto buy the Bills, they could pay for my plane fare put me up in the best hotel in Buffalo & give me free tickets to the game on the 50 yard line & I would not go.

If you change your mind, hold out for the limo to take you to and from the game. Make sure they put up you and yours up here:

http://www.mansionondelaware.com/

:soap:

SpikedLemonade
07-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Make sure they put up you and yours up here:

Oh it will definitely be up yours in the case of that old ass.

BertSquirtgum
07-27-2014, 06:07 PM

Wrong. Just because that's what you want to happen doesn't make it so.

BertSquirtgum
07-27-2014, 06:10 PM
A 3 percent return per year for plunking down $1bn seems pretty low.

What about all the money he will make from the businesses he builds around the downtown dome next to the harbor center? and the money he will get from concerts in the dome year around? etc etc etc.......I wish some people wouldn't be so dumb all of their lives. Seeing only one aspect and always having tunnel vision must really blow.

BertSquirtgum
07-27-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm Canadian and I agree.

The Bills should stay in Buffalo.

In fact, Canadians shouldn't even bother going to Bills games.

You guys deserve them all to yourself.

Here come the black outs.

Close the borders and keep the ******s who don't know how to drive or handle their alcohol in their own country.

SpikedLemonade
07-27-2014, 06:40 PM
Close the borders and keep the ******s who don't know how to drive or handle their alcohol in their own country.

See there is agreement.

Buffalo can support their own team.

They may not have big boy pants but they have skid marks on their underwear all over that beautiful city of crap....

Buffalo is fourth poorest city in the nation

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – An eye-opening report is shedding new light on the poverty rate in Buffalo. The latest numbers show Buffalo is the fourth poorest city in the country....

The top four cities on the list are all in the Great Lakes. Detroit takes the top spot, followed by Cleveland, Rochester, and Buffalo.

http://wivb.com/2014/06/05/buffalo-is-4th-poorest-city-in-nation/

Just like the Superbowl years Buffalo is still not #1.

SpikedLemonade
07-27-2014, 06:55 PM
Buffalo’s poverty rate tops 30 percent, making it America's third-poorest city

Only three major cities in the United States are saddled with poverty rates above 30 percent (http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/adview?ai=BpUv0jZfVU7bBL9PgpAOu-YKYB4nny7oFAAAAEAEgqZbaHzgAWJmX6YiuAWD9gI-B6AOyARN3d3cuYml6am91cm5hbHMuY29tugEJZ2ZwX2ltYWdlyAEJ2gFVaHR0cDovL3d3dy5iaXpqb3VybmFscy5jb20vYnVmZmFsby9uZXdzLzIwMTQvMDEvMDIvYnVmZmFsb3MtcG92ZXJ0eS1yYXRlLXRvcHMtMzAuaHRtbJgC6IQBwAIC4AIA6gIVLzQ2MzUvYnpqLmJ1ZmZhbG8vb29w-ALy0R6QA-ADmAPgA6gDAeAEAZIFCwgHEAEYASDBmegYkgULCAcQARgBIJmd6hiSBQsIBxABGAEgyabqGKAGIA&sigh=Y2iCuf3aims&adurl=http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CICAgKCNn-yIxgEQARgBMggPKtH7CIiUnA%26t%3D10%26cT%3Dhttp%253A//bizjournals.com%26l%3Dhttp%253A//www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2014/01/02/buffalos-poverty-rate-tops-30.html%253Fs%253Dimage_gallery) – and Buffalo is one of them....

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2014/01/02/buffalos-poverty-rate-tops-30.html

Stop pretending you deserve a NFL team and just be happy you are lucky to still have one.

AND hypocrites like Better Days, who moved out of Buffalo for better pastures long ago but now pretend the team should not do the same should just shut the hell up.

better days
07-27-2014, 09:24 PM

Only three major cities in the United States are saddled with poverty rates above 30 percent (http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/adview?ai=BpUv0jZfVU7bBL9PgpAOu-YKYB4nny7oFAAAAEAEgqZbaHzgAWJmX6YiuAWD9gI-B6AOyARN3d3cuYml6am91cm5hbHMuY29tugEJZ2ZwX2ltYWdlyAEJ2gFVaHR0cDovL3d3dy5iaXpqb3VybmFscy5jb20vYnVmZmFsby9uZXdzLzIwMTQvMDEvMDIvYnVmZmFsb3MtcG92ZXJ0eS1yYXRlLXRvcHMtMzAuaHRtbJgC6IQBwAIC4AIA6gIVLzQ2MzUvYnpqLmJ1ZmZhbG8vb29w-ALy0R6QA-ADmAPgA6gDAeAEAZIFCwgHEAEYASDBmegYkgULCAcQARgBIJmd6hiSBQsIBxABGAEgyabqGKAGIA&sigh=Y2iCuf3aims&adurl=http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CICAgKCNn-yIxgEQARgBMggPKtH7CIiUnA%26t%3D10%26cT%3Dhttp%253A//bizjournals.com%26l%3Dhttp%253A//www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2014/01/02/buffalos-poverty-rate-tops-30.html%253Fs%253Dimage_gallery) – and Buffalo is one of them....

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2014/01/02/buffalos-poverty-rate-tops-30.html

Stop pretending you deserve a NFL team and just be happy you are lucky to still have one.

AND hypocrites like Better Days, who moved out of Buffalo for better pastures long ago but now pretend the team should not do the same should just shut the hell up.

Trolls like you should not only shut the hell up but get off the Bills board.

You are NOT a Buffalo Bills fan.

I can't wait until this all plays out so I can LMAO at you & the other IDIOTS that think the Bills will move.

better days
07-27-2014, 09:40 PM

Yet despite this & despite the fact the Bills haven't gone to the playoffs in 14 years, & despite the fact Ralph Wilson Stadium is the 13th largest in the NFL, Bills fans continue to FILL the Stadium.

Only an IDIOT TROLL would think the Bills should be moved!

better days
07-27-2014, 10:08 PM
Oh it will definitely be up yours in the case of that old ass.

Well, you can take Justin Bieber & Jon Bon Jovi & his fellow douches & stick them up your **** TROLL.

Forward_Lateral
07-28-2014, 06:57 AM

So Americans are no longer allowed in Canada?

trapezeus
07-28-2014, 07:43 AM

you are aware the article is about the city of buffalo and it's border. it's not taking into account the suburbs and the much larger counties. the areas where people say they are from buffalo but really east amherst, or clarence, or Orchard park.

So yes, the poverty in buffalo is an issue, but it isn't the group buying tickets to the games in the first place.

WagonCircler
07-28-2014, 08:12 AM
you are aware the article is about the city of buffalo and it's border. it's not taking into account the suburbs and the much larger counties. the areas where people say they are from buffalo but really east amherst, or clarence, or Orchard park.

So yes, the poverty in buffalo is an issue, but it isn't the group buying tickets to the games in the first place.

All Spikey's whining comes from his raging jealousy. He knows he lives in a second rate country and it makes him anti-American. Plus, have you seen him? Big loser in the gene pool lottery.

You'd be angry and acting like a little, spoiled child too.

better days
07-28-2014, 08:26 AM
All Spikey's whining comes from his raging jealousy. He knows he lives in a second rate country and it makes him anti-American. Plus, have you seen him? Big loser in the gene pool lottery.

You'd be angry and acting like a little, spoiled child too.

And isn't Spiked Lemonade a drink for women or gays?

Telling he has it as his user name.

better days
07-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Wrong. Just because that's what you want to happen doesn't make it so.

chris66 is used to being gouged by Robert Kraft in N.E. so he expects every NFL owner to be just as big a douche as Kraft is.

Ingtar33
07-28-2014, 03:18 PM
That goes both ways though. Thats why you have to read between the lines of what the other owners say. by keeping a team in buffalo they are essentially closing the door on what would be the 4th largest market in the nfl.

No... i don't think so. The league can always expand to Toronto. That door is always open. It might not make the future owners of the bills happy, but it can happen.

chris66
07-28-2014, 03:42 PM
chris66 is used to being gouged by Robert Kraft in N.E. so he expects every NFL owner to be just as big a douche as Kraft is.well you get what you pay for. since kraft bought the team their has been only 3 losing seasons and every game since 94 has been a sell out.

BTW that douche paid for his own stadium without public money or psl's

chris66
07-28-2014, 03:46 PM
No... i don't think so. The league can always expand to Toronto. That door is always open. It might not make the future owners of the bills happy, but it can happen.

Not with a team in Buffalo they wont. If that were the case Bon Jovi would just wait for expansion. Nfl could easily add an Nfc team to LA and an AFC taeam to Toronto

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2014, 03:47 PM

Exactly. The East side and parts of the west side are VERY poor.(which surely is a problem) The money and many of the larger corporations are in the suburbs. Only a complete idiot doesn't know that.

PromoTheRobot
07-28-2014, 07:32 PM
well you get what you pay for. since kraft bought the team their has been only 3 losing seasons and every game since 94 has been a sell out.

Has to be. If the Pats lose no one would show up.

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2014, 08:03 PM
I really don't think a large majority of fans come from Toronto anyways. I may be off there but aren't most of the Canadian fans coming from southern Ontario?

Which is fine by me because they aren't uppity ****s like most Toronto peeps.

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2014, 08:04 PM
So Americans are no longer allowed in Canada?

Haa I am not sure we are all drunk ****s on both side of the border.

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2014, 08:10 PM
How lame and gay is it though to flame Bills fans on a Buffalo Bills Message board under the guise of actually being a fan of the team.

You cannot actually be a fan of this team and be fine with them moving from Buffalo. It is just impossible.

I mean why do it? What is your agenda? Please explain.

better days
07-28-2014, 08:27 PM
well you get what you pay for. since kraft bought the team their has been only 3 losing seasons and every game since 94 has been a sell out.

Well, the clock is ticking. Brady will be 37 years old this year.

The wheels are getting ready to fall off that bandwagon of a fan base.

And Kraft? LMAO at him. If his wife were alive she would have no problem having two Doctors declare him incompetent like Sterling was by his wife after seeing the video of Kraft rehearsing with his YOUNG girlfriend.

BertSquirtgum
07-28-2014, 08:40 PM
I vow to not hate Canadians. See, it's easy to lie.

better days
07-28-2014, 08:46 PM
I vow to not hate Canadians. See, it's easy to lie.

Hey, there is no reason to hate Canadian women.

I think you should restrict your hate to Canadian men that like women's drinks so much they have it for a user name. SpikedLemonade.

And you would think a Canadian man would have a user name like Molson or John L.

SpikedLemonade? GAY

stuckincincy
07-28-2014, 08:50 PM

I think you should restrict your hate to Canadian men that like women's drinks so much they have it for a user name. SpikedLemonade.

:jig:

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2014, 08:53 PM
I don't hate Canadians at all.

I do hate the attitude that many Toronto folks have towards Buffalo. Many of whom never come here.

It is this attitude of being better than us because they were born in a particular place.

I am 37 and have lived in Buffalo most of my life (outside a 4 year college stint in Pittsburgh). I have also traveled all around the country for business and personal reasons. I have seen the city really start to come around. Seeing 5 mega cranes on the city skyline with so many other construction projects in the works is really nice to see. Buffalo is a great place. A place that is full of pride, love for one another, and the yearning for the rest of the ****ing country/continent to cut us a ****ing break. The one thing we want is for our beloved teams to stay put and bring us a winner. It seems as if there are interested owners ie Pegula/Galisano with the resources to keep the team here. The team is very profitable. Why is there even a question of the team leaving? Because even though they are currently very profitable they could make more in Toronto? That is disgusting. That is a reason why I agree with Mark Cuban's statements about the NFL diluting itself too much. To move a loved team from an area that lives and dies with the team to a bigger city who won't even give a ****. That is just sad.

I am done talking about this. Those of you on this board that are flaming and pretending to be fans just to get a rise out of us should be ashamed of yourselves.

Forward_Lateral
07-29-2014, 11:52 AM
I hate people that pigeon hole Canadians and Canada the same as Toronto and Torontonians. People from Toronto, and the city itself, are generally disliked by the rest of Canada. It's a great city to visit, but after a few days you get sick of it.

As for any Toronto group saying they won't move the team: Of course they are going to say that.

The bottom line is, it's not Canada's fault a group from Toronto wants to buy the Bills and move them to Toronto. Most of Canada probably doesn't give a crap, unless they are true Bills fans and want the team to remain in Buffalo where it belongs.

SpikedLemonade
07-29-2014, 12:17 PM
I hate people that pigeon hole Canadians and Canada the same as Toronto and Torontonians. People from Toronto, and the city itself, are generally disliked by the rest of Canada. It's a great city to visit, but after a few days you get sick of it.

As for any Toronto group saying they won't move the team: Of course they are going to say that.

The bottom line is, it's not Canada's fault a group from Toronto wants to buy the Bills and move them to Toronto. Most of Canada probably doesn't give a crap, unless they are true Bills fans and want the team to remain in Buffalo where it belongs.

Toronto tends to look down on other Canadian cities.

Most people from Toronto think Buffalo is nothing more than a **** stain on the map.

They look at Hamilton in the same way -- as a **** stain that smells different than Buffalo.

DraftBoy
07-30-2014, 06:07 AM
The Toronto Group is meeting with Congel this week to discuss a new stadium plan for a West Seneca site.

better days
07-30-2014, 09:06 AM
The Toronto Group is meeting with Congel this week to discuss a new stadium plan for a West Seneca site.

I would want to see an iron clad contract in place for a new Stadium before I would believe anything.

Talk is cheap.

justasportsfan
07-30-2014, 09:40 AM

Never had problems with toronto and people from there. Toronto is one of my favorite cities. I hear people from there are not so friendly compared to the rest of Canada but I've never had a problem. Compared to people who live in NY City, toronto people are very friendly. It's become a second home to me.

stuckincincy
07-30-2014, 09:58 AM
Never had problems with toronto and people from there. Toronto is one of my favorite cities. I hear people from there are not so friendly compared to the rest of Canada but I've never had a problem. Compared to people who live in NY City, toronto people are very friendly. It's become a second home to me.

Same here.

justasportsfan
07-30-2014, 09:59 AM
Same here.

the women are beautiful too :D

better days
07-30-2014, 11:13 AM
I think Toronto is a great City.

I have relatives that live there & have had great times there.

I just don't want Bon Jovi & his group moving the Bills there.

And if they outbid Pegula, I have no doubt that would be their intention.

DraftBoy
07-30-2014, 11:18 AM
I would want to see an iron clad contract in place for a new Stadium before I would believe anything.

Talk is cheap.

You can believe whatever you want. It would be incredibly idiotic to let it leak you are meeting with a West Seneca site developer to then not actually meet with him.

better days
07-30-2014, 01:22 PM
You can believe whatever you want. It would be incredibly idiotic to let it leak you are meeting with a West Seneca site developer to then not actually meet with him.

I do believe they will meet with him.

They want to give the appearance that they will keep the Bills in Buffalo.

I just don't believe they will actually build a Stadium in WNY & sign a new LONG TERM lease.

WagonCircler
07-30-2014, 03:43 PM

And it would also be incredibly idiotic to not understand that the entire meeting serves merely to create a ruse.

better days
07-30-2014, 04:09 PM
And it would also be incredibly idiotic to not understand that the entire meeting serves merely to create a ruse.

And Naive.

DraftBoy
07-30-2014, 04:27 PM

Who said anything to the contrary?

better days
07-30-2014, 04:29 PM
Who said anything to the contrary?

You did in so many words.

DraftBoy
07-30-2014, 04:31 PM
You did in so many words.

What? I said they were meeting with Congel and that was literally it.

better days
07-30-2014, 04:35 PM

This post makes it sound like the Jovi boys are actually sincere about getting a Stadium built.

DraftBoy
07-30-2014, 04:38 PM
This post makes it sound like the Jovi boys are actually sincere about getting a Stadium built.

Nowhere in the quoted statement does it state or imply anything near what you're attempting to say it does.

BertSquirtgum
07-30-2014, 04:39 PM

True. I love Canadian women and they love American men. St Catherines is great. Every bar is like a 5-1 ratio. It seems like the women know the men are huge douche bags just like we do.

better days
07-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Nowhere in the quoted statement does it state or imply anything near what you're attempting to say it does.

I said I would not believe the Toronto group until they had signed an iron clad contract for the new Stadium.

You posted "you can believe whatever you want".

That IMPLIES you do believe them even if I don't.

DraftBoy
07-30-2014, 05:58 PM
I said I would not believe the Toronto group until they had signed an iron clad contract for the new Stadium.

You posted "you can believe whatever you want".

That IMPLIES you do believe them even if I don't.

Yes and my post was only in reference to believing if the meeting was taking place. Again what I stated does not imply what you're attempting to say it does.

YardRat
07-30-2014, 08:11 PM
Nobody is moving the team to Toronto, even the Bon Jovi group. Even if they were to buy the Bills, it would probably grease the skids in Albany to pony up more money for a new stadium in WNY. NFL football in Toronto is bad business, and neither the Rogers or JBJ are bad businessmen.

better days
07-30-2014, 09:55 PM
Yes and my post was only in reference to believing if the meeting was taking place. Again what I stated does not imply what you're attempting to say it does.

NO. The post you responded to said I DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING UNTIL I SEE A SIGNED IRONCLAD CONTRACT.

You said believe what you want to that, NOT about a meeting taking place. That IMPLIED you DO BELIEVE the Toronto group.

You are no Bill Clinton & the meaning of the word is..............is.

And I NEVER said I did not think a meeting would take place.

Skooby
07-30-2014, 09:58 PM
I trust JBJ to be about out of resources upfront, so bring on the paperwork.

DraftBoy
07-31-2014, 06:00 AM
NO. The post you responded to said I DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING UNTIL I SEE A SIGNED IRONCLAD CONTRACT.

You said believe what you want to that, NOT about a meeting taking place. That IMPLIED you DO BELIEVE the Toronto group.

You are no Bill Clinton & the meaning of the word is..............is.

And I NEVER said I did not think a meeting would take place.

No you inferred what you wanted to, I did not imply it.

better days
07-31-2014, 06:12 AM
No you inferred what you wanted to, I did not imply it.

I did not infer anything.

I straight out said I would not believe anything until I saw an iron clad contract for a new Stadium.