PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo News: Training Camp Day #1 Summary

swiper
07-21-2014, 05:04 AM
.... here were the other main developments on Day One of camp:

• Left tackle Cordy Glenn remained out due to illness and initially was replaced by rookie seventh-round pick Seantrel Henderson. But Henderson tweaked a muscle 50 minutes into the session and walked off. Fourth-year man Chris Hairston wound up taking most of the snaps with the starters at left tackle.

• Third-year veteran Nigel Bradham took all the snaps with the first team in place of Kiko Alonso, out for the year with a knee injury. In the nickel defense, the two LBs on the field were Bradham and rookie Preston Brown.

• Corbin Bryant took Dareus’ starting DT spot.

• The offense ran in no-huddle mode the whole two-hour session. NFL rules prohibit teams from practicing in pads the first two days, so there was an emphasis on the pass game.

• Erik Pears worked exclusively with the starters at right tackle. Rookie Cyrus Kouandjio was the second-stringer.

• Receiver Marquise Goodwin left practice about halfway through under his own power. He either tweaked something or took a hard hit.

• Quarterback EJ Manuel had some good connections with Watkins, the fourth overall pick in the draft. Watkins caught four passes from Manuel in full team or 7-on-7 work, the nicest a 20-yard corner route on the right sideline.

“I really want to get it to him in a spot for him to catch it and get some yards after the catch,” Manuel said.

“I’m very excited to get one day under our belts,” Manuel added. “It’s crazy because we’ve been here for two days and had a bunch of meetings and really have been preparing for this practice since last Wednesday. … We installed for about 3½ hours last night.”

Manuel had a good escape of the pocket at one point and found Robert Woods open for about 15 yards along the right sideline. Manuel threw one interception. Safety Aaron Williams picked off a deep ball for Woods that hung in the air a bit too long.

The fans at Fisher’s Growney Stadium were buzzing most of the night.

“The fans were great,” said linebacker Brandon Spikes. “I’m not used to that, so it was good to see the fans come out and show us love.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/out-of-shape-dareus-sits-watkins-becomes-immediate-fan-favorite-as-thousands-watch-practice-at-st-john-fisher-20140721

DraftBoy
07-21-2014, 06:39 AM
The Goodwin injury was related to his asthma and sickle cell, not a tweak or hard hit. He'll be back tonight.

Pinkerton Security
07-21-2014, 07:22 AM
“The fans were great,” said linebacker Brandon Spikes. “I’m not used to that, so it was good to see the fans come out and show us love.”

Futher proof that Pats fans suck.

Yasgur's Farm
07-21-2014, 07:33 AM
The Goodwin injury was related to his asthma and sickle cell, not a tweak or hard hit. He'll be back tonight.
Sickle cell? I didn't know about that. That sucks!

k-oneputt
07-21-2014, 07:41 AM
What you really need to concern yourself with is this; "hung in the air a bit too long"

DraftBoy
07-21-2014, 07:47 AM
Sickle cell? I didn't know about that. That sucks!

That makes two of us.