PDA

View Full Version : Dareus may get out of his drug charges...

Skooby
07-21-2014, 06:03 PM
If he completes his program:

https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/491363318704390145

better days
07-21-2014, 06:09 PM
So many people were sure Dareus would be suspended.

I said there was little chance of that & if he were suspended, it would be next year, not this year.

The accident was a minor traffic infraction which people don't go to jail for or get suspended for.

If you want to see REAL CRIME that was recently committed by NFL players, just read profootballtalk.com.

HAMMER
07-21-2014, 06:33 PM
It's not just about convictions, it's about complying with the NFL conduct policies.

Skooby
07-21-2014, 06:36 PM
It's not just about convictions, it's about complying with the NFL conduct policies.
How can you be punished if you're not convicted ?

better days
07-21-2014, 06:37 PM

Care to make a wager?

I will bet Dareus does not get suspended by the NFL during the 2014 season providing he does not get into any more trouble.

HAMMER
07-21-2014, 06:47 PM

Click link which clearly answers your questions.
"Standard of Conduct:
While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons who
engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for persons
employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty
of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher
standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values
upon which the League is based, and is lawful."

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/personal-conduct-policy.pdf

better days
07-21-2014, 06:51 PM
"Standard of Conduct:
While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons who
engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for persons
employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty
of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher
standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values

So, do you care to bet?

HAMMER
07-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Care to make a wager?

I will bet Dareus does not get suspended by the NFL during the 2014 season providing he does not get into any more trouble.

I believe he will be suspended for the first 2-4 games. 0 games I owe you $10, 2 games you owe me 10$, 4 games you owe me $20 ?

better days
07-21-2014, 06:58 PM
I believe he will be suspended for the first 2-4 games. 0 games I owe you $10, 2 games you owe me 10$, 4 games you owe me $20 ?

How about if Dareus is suspended 1 game or more, I will donate $20 to Bills Zone.

If he is not suspended at all you donate $20 to the Bills Zone site.

I am talking about an NFL suspension, NOT a team suspension.

HAMMER
07-21-2014, 07:00 PM
No, I want your money. $20 it is for even one game.

Turf
07-21-2014, 07:19 PM

LOL

Skooby
07-21-2014, 07:25 PM
"Standard of Conduct:

The susbstance he had is not even banned by the NFL, maybe if he was drinking in a dry county he should be suspended as well?

better days
07-21-2014, 07:32 PM

OK, but if he is not suspended, you donate $40 to Bills Zone.

Deal?

HAMMER
07-21-2014, 08:05 PM
No, I will send you $20.

- - - Updated - - -

The susbstance he had is not even banned by the NFL, maybe if he was drinking in a dry county he should be suspended as well?

I didn't write the policy Skoobs, don't shoot the messenger.

Skooby
07-21-2014, 08:19 PM
No, I will send you $20.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't write the policy Skoobs, don't shoot the messenger.

Individual laws in certain states obviously have to weigh in, I'm just using the Dry county thing as a rough example. I'm sorry if I came across mad but in reality I just don't see where you get a chance at completely having no record but deserve to get suspended. How exactly is he guilty of anything if he doesn't even have an outcome ? The whole car racing thing is speculatory at best, he lost control of his car. I lost control of my car hitting a pot hole before, how fast was I going is anyone's guess and unverifiable. Pretty hard to convict without being able to verify anything but a damaged tree and a wrecked car. It's a witch hunt without anything to really say what happened, even if a friend thought he was racing him. What's to say what Dareus was doing when he lost control or how fast he was going ?

I had a speeding ticket dismissed in WNY years ago after the cop admitted he used his years of experience to determine my speed & not a radar gun. We have no verification of his speed or his intent, losing control of your vehicle is a different type of moving violation, where this will probably end up. Careless driving is the term they use here in FL, like if you don't maintain control of your car / read-end someone.

OpIv37
07-22-2014, 07:30 AM

The NFL is a private organization and can set their own conduct rules. Lots of players who were never actually convicted have been fined and/or suspended.

OpIv37
07-22-2014, 07:32 AM

The NFL could suspend him for drinking in any county if they wanted to make alcohol against the rules.

And the policy is open-ended so the NFL pretty much gets to decide what "personal conduct" means on a case by case basis.

It's not as arbitrary as the way Shanahan throws suspensions around for hits in the NHL, but it's not based on a well-defined objective standard either

better days
07-22-2014, 08:23 AM
No, I will send you $20.

OK, if Dareus is suspended for any of the first 4 games by the NFL. NOT by the Bills, I will pay you $20.

If Dareus is not suspended by the NFL during that time you donate $20 to Bills Zone in my name.

Deal?

mightysimi
07-22-2014, 09:56 AM

roethlisburger wasn't convicted but suspended i think 4 or 6 games

Skooby
07-22-2014, 10:09 AM
roethlisburger wasn't convicted but suspended i think 4 or 6 games
Rape is a little different charge.

HAMMER
07-22-2014, 01:06 PM
OK, if Dareus is suspended for any of the first 4 games by the NFL. NOT by the Bills, I will pay you $20.

If Dareus is not suspended by the NFL during that time you donate $20 to Bills Zone in my name.

Deal?

OK.

HAMMER
05-22-2015, 11:32 AM
OK.

Here it is Better Days, I will make the $20 donation right now.

HAMMER
05-22-2015, 11:34 AM
$25 dollar donation made.

better days
05-22-2015, 12:35 PM
Here it is Better Days, I will make the $20 donation right now.

I don't know how you found it.

I looked & could only find it back to March of this year.

You sir are a man of your word. Much respect.