• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Doe
    Florida Man
    • Jul 2002

First Official Depth Chart of the Season Released

Buffalo Bills: The official source of the Bills players roster, depth chart, injury report and transactions.

Check it out.

Plus, "Four Quick Thoughts" about it:

• stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: First Official Depth Chart of the Season Released

Thanks. It will be interesting to see how the LB corps shakes out...Lawson and Hughes being more or less, "tweeners." I suspect that they will use a 3 -4 set with some regularity, even though IIRC it's been said that they wanted to switch primarily to a 4 -3.

It's a shame about Alonso, although I wondered how well he would adapt to playing OLB.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

What ever happened to Chris Hairston?

Comment

• John Doe
        Florida Man
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
        What ever happened to Chris Hairston?
        Listed as second string right guard.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

I meant. Wasn't he supposed to be good and be the right tackle? Does he suck that badly? Because I know Eric Pears blows.

Comment

• John Doe
            Florida Man
            • Jul 2002

I meant. Wasn't he supposed to be good and be the right tackle? Does he suck that badly? Because I know Eric Pears blows.
            The claims are that he is rusty from being away from football for a year.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by John Doe View Post
              The claims are that he is rusty from being away from football for a year.
              I wonder how many OLs they'll retain, 9 seems to be the norm. I'd be surprised if they try to keep all three of the rookie OLs they drafted.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Interesting that Legursky is now at center...Lawson and Hughes, supposedly, are both performing well at RDE...LBer is paper thin, again...we're stacked at CB if the youngsters can keep up, Brooks has a fight to keep his roster spot...Disappointing that Duke W. hasn't been getting much talk, but Meeks may end up playing himself into a starting role...TJ Graham is gone, unless one of the six ahead of him gets hurt.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

TJ Graham and Ron Brooks both need to be gone. They are both hot garbage.
                  Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 07-28-2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    Interesting that Legursky is now at center...Lawson and Hughes, supposedly, are both performing well at RDE...LBer is paper thin, again...we're stacked at CB if the youngsters can keep up, Brooks has a fight to keep his roster spot...Disappointing that Duke W. hasn't been getting much talk, but Meeks may end up playing himself into a starting role...TJ Graham is gone, unless one of the six ahead of him gets hurt.
                    Agree about Graham. It's a shame about their TEs getting banged up - I hope they aren't thinking about keeping 7 WRs in compensation.

Normally, playing the HOF game brings the fear of injuries, but I think it will be an aid to BUF in sorting out the roster. Hope I haven't jinxed them...

BTW, here's a link depicting the usual roster position populations, useful when hashing through roster make-ups:

There are so many ways to break down how NFL teams build their roster. Some teams build with youth while others collect veteran players...

Comment

• Swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

Legursky stuck out to me as well.

It does seem the depth is pretty good throughout at this point. Which is good as there's a lot of camp/preseason to go and there are always injuries. If this roster stays healthy, there will be some hard decisions on cutdown day.
                      Last edited by swiper; 07-29-2014, 05:06 AM.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

I heard they do not think Hairston has the quickness to play Tackle anymore but he is a big body & may develop into a good guard.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

The value of Legursky is as a back up that can back up all three interior line positions, that was his role in Pittsburgh.

Comment

• The King
                            Without me it's just Awe so
                            • Jun 2004

I want McKelvin off Special Teams.
                            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                            It was all
                            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

Was I the only one to cringe looking at the LB depth? Went from great to terribad with Alonso getting injured...

Rest looks solid. I think the same could happen if Dareus or Williams goes down in the interior. Sure, Branch is there to fill in at starter but Corbin Bryant? (shudder)
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X