PDA

View Full Version : First Official Depth Chart of the Season Released

John Doe
07-28-2014, 07:37 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart.html

Check it out.

Plus, "Four Quick Thoughts" about it:

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/07/depth_chart_2014_training_camp.html

stuckincincy
07-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Thanks. It will be interesting to see how the LB corps shakes out...Lawson and Hughes being more or less, "tweeners." I suspect that they will use a 3 -4 set with some regularity, even though IIRC it's been said that they wanted to switch primarily to a 4 -3.

It's a shame about Alonso, although I wondered how well he would adapt to playing OLB.

BertSquirtgum
07-28-2014, 08:28 PM
What ever happened to Chris Hairston?

John Doe
07-28-2014, 08:29 PM
What ever happened to Chris Hairston?

Listed as second string right guard.

BertSquirtgum
07-28-2014, 08:32 PM
I meant. Wasn't he supposed to be good and be the right tackle? Does he suck that badly? Because I know Eric Pears blows.

John Doe
07-28-2014, 08:38 PM
I meant. Wasn't he supposed to be good and be the right tackle? Does he suck that badly? Because I know Eric Pears blows.

The claims are that he is rusty from being away from football for a year.

stuckincincy
07-28-2014, 08:47 PM
The claims are that he is rusty from being away from football for a year.

I wonder how many OLs they'll retain, 9 seems to be the norm. I'd be surprised if they try to keep all three of the rookie OLs they drafted.

YardRat
07-28-2014, 08:58 PM
Interesting that Legursky is now at center...Lawson and Hughes, supposedly, are both performing well at RDE...LBer is paper thin, again...we're stacked at CB if the youngsters can keep up, Brooks has a fight to keep his roster spot...Disappointing that Duke W. hasn't been getting much talk, but Meeks may end up playing himself into a starting role...TJ Graham is gone, unless one of the six ahead of him gets hurt.

BertSquirtgum
07-28-2014, 09:08 PM
TJ Graham and Ron Brooks both need to be gone. They are both hot garbage.

stuckincincy
07-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Interesting that Legursky is now at center...Lawson and Hughes, supposedly, are both performing well at RDE...LBer is paper thin, again...we're stacked at CB if the youngsters can keep up, Brooks has a fight to keep his roster spot...Disappointing that Duke W. hasn't been getting much talk, but Meeks may end up playing himself into a starting role...TJ Graham is gone, unless one of the six ahead of him gets hurt.

Agree about Graham. It's a shame about their TEs getting banged up - I hope they aren't thinking about keeping 7 WRs in compensation.

Normally, playing the HOF game brings the fear of injuries, but I think it will be an aid to BUF in sorting out the roster. Hope I haven't jinxed them...

BTW, here's a link depicting the usual roster position populations, useful when hashing through roster make-ups:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1640782-the-anatomy-of-a-53-man-roster-in-the-nfl

swiper
07-29-2014, 05:05 AM

Legursky stuck out to me as well.

It does seem the depth is pretty good throughout at this point. Which is good as there's a lot of camp/preseason to go and there are always injuries. If this roster stays healthy, there will be some hard decisions on cutdown day.

better days
07-29-2014, 07:48 AM

I heard they do not think Hairston has the quickness to play Tackle anymore but he is a big body & may develop into a good guard.

better days
07-29-2014, 07:50 AM

The value of Legursky is as a back up that can back up all three interior line positions, that was his role in Pittsburgh.

The King
07-29-2014, 07:57 AM
I want McKelvin off Special Teams.

ServoBillieves
07-29-2014, 09:53 AM
Was I the only one to cringe looking at the LB depth? Went from great to terribad with Alonso getting injured...

Rest looks solid. I think the same could happen if Dareus or Williams goes down in the interior. Sure, Branch is there to fill in at starter but Corbin Bryant? (shudder)

Mahdi
07-29-2014, 10:01 AM
LB is thin -- any injury puts a very inexperienced player in the starting lineup.

Safety is deep in potential, thin in experience.

WR is deep in potential

RB is deep

QB is unknown

OL seems deep

DL is very thin outside, deep inside

CB is thin IMO although others may disagree. I think we have 2 starting boundary corners and nothing after that. Robey and Graham are interior guys.

TE is beyond thin. Oft injured Chandler and behind him is a blocking TE. Gragg not showing anything.

This team to me is a lot of flash but substance in terms of talent across the board is lacking.

Fletch
07-29-2014, 10:37 AM
Whatever happened to Bryce Brown's bid to be Jackson's heir apparent?

That'll shatter some peoples' expectations around here. Forget the fact that he's more Spiller's role-playing style than he is Jackson's 3-down RB style, just sayin'.

Forward_Lateral
07-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Is that third string CB a typo?

Night Train
07-29-2014, 12:45 PM
OL seems deep

Wow.

This is my biggest worry by a mile. I have hope...but..

Pinkerton Security
07-29-2014, 01:13 PM
Wow.

This is my biggest worry by a mile. I have hope...but..

if the rookies Kwanjo and Richardson are anything, we have some decent depth - however that is a huge if.

swiper
07-29-2014, 05:04 PM
if the rookies Kwanjo and Richardson are anything, we have some decent depth - however that is a huge if.

At this point, I'd be worried about those guys getting cut for under-performing.

Night Train
07-29-2014, 05:11 PM
At this point, I'd be worried about those guys getting cut for under-performing.

Right... They're going to cut 2 rookie OL they need long term before even allowing them to develop...just one week into their first training camp.

:rofl:

:deadhorse

Fletch
07-29-2014, 06:42 PM
Right... They're going to cut 2 rookie OL they need long term before even allowing them to develop...just one week into their first training camp.

:rofl:

Why not, it makes about as much sense as so much else that's posted here.

Night Train
07-29-2014, 06:50 PM
Why not, it makes about as much sense as so much else that's posted here.

Anyone else see the irony of this ?