PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Raiders ??

Skooby
07-29-2014, 04:41 PM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/report-mark-davis-talks-san-antonio-relocate-raiders

OpIv37
07-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Please, no. Then we will have to hear rumors about the Bills moving to Oakland.

Skooby
07-29-2014, 04:48 PM

Is this before or after we have a new owner in the coming months ?

Goobylal
07-29-2014, 04:49 PM
Oakland? No one will move back there again.

OpIv37
07-29-2014, 05:14 PM
Oakland? No one will move back there again.

Unfortunately, that won't stop the discussion.

better days
07-29-2014, 05:15 PM
I would love to see Mark Davis take on Jerry Jones & invade his territory.

Night Train
07-29-2014, 05:36 PM

Right.

Mark Davis still has the LA territoral rights (thanks Dad ! RIP !).

That make sense and is a strong possibility...but lets talk about San Antonio...which has about as much chance as Omaha.

stuckincincy
07-29-2014, 05:37 PM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/report-mark-davis-talks-san-antonio-relocate-raiders

The linked article is amusing...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/triple-dealing-could-cost-oakland-both-and-raiders

SpikedLemonade
07-29-2014, 06:10 PM

Old man thinking: "You kids get off my lawn!!! Godnamit!!"

better days
07-29-2014, 06:13 PM
Old man thinking: "You kids get off my lawn!!! Godnamit!!"

Well, I guess I am young at heart.

I would love to see that battle myself.

IlluminatusUIUC
07-29-2014, 06:14 PM
The linked article is amusing...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/triple-dealing-could-cost-oakland-both-and-raiders

Think of it. The city is negotiating to tear down a stadium and keep it standing at the same time. There isn’t enough medical marijuana in the state to make this make sense.

Goobylal
07-29-2014, 07:26 PM
Unfortunately, that won't stop the discussion.
Trust me, there will be no discussion of putting a team back in Oakland.

Mr. Pink
07-29-2014, 09:56 PM
If the Raiders ever leave Oakland, and they're not the team to move back, there will never be another NFL team in Oakland.

better days
07-29-2014, 10:49 PM
If the Raiders ever leave Oakland, and they're not the team to move back, there will never be another NFL team in Oakland.

So the Bay area goes from having 2 teams to none?

Mr. Pink
07-29-2014, 10:53 PM
So the Bay area goes from having 2 teams to none?

If the Raiders ever move, technically, yes.

It's not like the 49ers are now called the Santa Clara 49ers though. :rofl:

But it would be like the Bills moving to Rochester and still being called the Buffalo Bills.

Ed
07-30-2014, 11:44 AM
I think this San Antonio meeting was purely for leverage. There's no way this actually happens. The only realistic move would be back to L.A.

stuckincincy
07-30-2014, 11:53 AM
I think this San Antonio meeting was purely for leverage. There's no way this actually happens. The only realistic move would be back to L.A.

San Antonio is a decent-sized tv market but it's hard to see support for 3 pro clubs in TX...add in the college and H.S teams there. OTOH, TX is a solid Red state with job growth which means more folks may have the discretionary income in their pockets to attend games.

http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets

better days
07-30-2014, 01:17 PM

I would agree but if the Raiders can't get a Stadium built in the Bay area & the Chargers can't get a Stadium built in S.D. I doubt a Stadium gets built in LA either.

Don't Panic
07-31-2014, 05:11 AM
but lets talk about San Antonio...which has about as much chance as Omaha.

Wow... no respect for SA here I see. That city is already 1.5 million and will be at 2 in ten years. Texas can absolutely support three teams. I'd actually think about going there before I went to Hell A.

better days
07-31-2014, 06:24 AM
Wow... no respect for SA here I see. That city is already 1.5 million and will be at 2 in ten years. Texas can absolutely support three teams. I'd actually think about going there before I went to Hell A.

I have said before when people talked about the Bills moving that I believe Jerry Jones will fight against any team that tries to move to S.A.

It would be very entertaining to watch Jerry Jones & Al Davis's son battle over San Antonio IMO.

And after the way Jerry stuck his nose into Bon Jovi Buying the Bills, I would love to see Jones lose that battle.

Skooby
07-31-2014, 08:31 AM
I have said before when people talked about the Bills moving that I believe Jerry Jones will fight against any team that tries to move to S.A.

It would be very entertaining to watch Jerry Jones & Al Davis's son battle over San Antonio IMO.

And after the way Jerry stuck his nose into Bon Jovi Buying the Bills, I would love to see Jones lose that battle.

I hope that Pegula becomes an advocate for SA to get a team & dilute Jones' TX market.

WagonCircler
07-31-2014, 01:26 PM
That would be so weird. You'd have one of the classiest organization in sports (Spurs) and the sleaziest organization in sports playing in the same city (with the same uniform colors).

IlluminatusUIUC
07-31-2014, 02:33 PM
That would be so weird. You'd have one of the classiest organization in sports (Spurs) and the sleaziest organization in sports playing in the same city (with the same uniform colors).

Haha excellent point

Don't Panic
07-31-2014, 03:52 PM

I'm not sure what the NFL's rule on distance between teams is, but I doubt Jones could block it. The NFL is ready for three teams in Texas. Whether its Oakland or someone else... you'd have a hard time making a case against San Antonio.

Mike
07-31-2014, 09:19 PM
If the Raiders ever move, technically, yes.

It's not like the 49ers are now called the Santa Clara 49ers though. :rofl:

But it would be like the Bills moving to Rochester and still being called the Buffalo Bills.

Na... It's more like the Jets & Giants who play in the state of NJ yet are considered a NYC team.

better days
07-31-2014, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure what the NFL's rule on distance between teams is, but I doubt Jones could block it. The NFL is ready for three teams in Texas. Whether its Oakland or someone else... you'd have a hard time making a case against San Antonio.

I don't know if Jones could block it either, but I guarantee he would try to block it.

The question is how many of the other owners like Jones, would side with him & vote against a team moving there?

Mr. Pink
08-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Na... It's more like the Jets & Giants who play in the state of NJ yet are considered a NYC team.

Distance wise the Giants/Jets are closer to NYC than the 49ers are to San Francisco now.

Ingtar33
08-02-2014, 01:11 PM

Texas is so stupid big, i don't think anyone would call San Antonio "Dallas Cowboy" territory. The closest big city is Houston and that's like 200 miles away, Dallas is like 300 miles from San Antonio... That said, this is just a baseless threat to get the city of Oakland to build the raiders a new stadium

gr8slayer
08-02-2014, 02:57 PM
I hope that Pegula becomes an advocate for SA to get a team & dilute Jones' TX market.
Good luck with that, never going to happen.

gr8slayer
08-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Texas is so stupid big, i don't think anyone would call San Antonio "Dallas Cowboy" territory. The closest big city is Houston and that's like 200 miles away, Dallas is like 300 miles from San Antonio... That said, this is just a baseless threat to get the city of Oakland to build the raiders a new stadium

San Antonio is absolutely Cowboy territory. Outside of Houston, the Texans are like the red-headed stepchild to the Cowboys.