PDA

View Full Version : Pegula has submitted a bid

Skooby
07-29-2014, 06:28 PM
@ByTimGraham: I can confirm that Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula submitted the non-binding bid and notice of intent today for the Buffalo Bills.

better days
07-29-2014, 06:43 PM
Didn't see that coming.

Homegrown
07-29-2014, 07:53 PM
... And the Pope is catholic

BillsImpossible
07-29-2014, 08:02 PM
I just heard a rumor that a Saudi Sheikh wants to pay $3 billion for the team and build a new stadium in Lackawanna.

I was also told that Oprah wants to buy the Bills too.

I'm just kidding, go Pegs!

http://jafariyanews.com/2k9_news/may/18kalbani.jpg

Luisito23
07-29-2014, 09:32 PM
LOL

Goobylal
07-29-2014, 09:33 PM
And the bid tops the $1B mark!

OpIv37
07-29-2014, 09:40 PM
And the bid tops the $1B mark!

Link? I don't doubt it, as people have been speculating for months that the bids would go over a billion, but I'd like to see proof. And despite my reservations about Pegula as the Sabres owner, he seems like the best option for the Bills. At least he's committed to the city and he's not a penny-pincher.

YardRat
07-29-2014, 09:44 PM
Wow...that new network thingie is really taking a toll on Oprah....she looks terrible.

Skooby
07-29-2014, 09:47 PM
Only 3 bidders, Pegula over $1 B first bid. Trump, BJ & Pegs:

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/shocker-golisano-did-not-submit-a-bid-to-buy-the-bills-and-source-says-only-3-bids-received/

OpIv37
07-29-2014, 09:58 PM

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/shocker-golisano-did-not-submit-a-bid-to-buy-the-bills-and-source-says-only-3-bids-received/

Not sure how I feel about this. Lack of bids reduces the chances of the bids going too high, but there's a 33% chance of the team moving if this is true.

Luisito23
07-29-2014, 10:01 PM
Not sure how I feel about this.

You like this, trust me.

Goobylal
07-29-2014, 10:02 PM
Not sure how I feel about this. Lack of bids reduces the chances of the bids going too high, but there's a 33% chance of the team moving if this is true.
Like I said, there's 0% chance if that. ;)

OpIv37
07-29-2014, 10:07 PM
Like I said, there's 0% chance if that. ;)

I wish I shared your confidence.

As much as I despise being wrong, I really hope I'm wrong on this.

HAMMER
07-29-2014, 11:45 PM
Pegula wants to revitalize Buffalo. He is going to build a stadium downtown to compliment his other projects. He has the coin and then some. I Billieve this is the plan.
Can't wait!

WagonCircler
07-29-2014, 11:54 PM
I'm going to say this first.

If Terry Pegula pulls this off, he is Buffalo's greatest sports hero. The "Mount Rushmore of Buffalo Sports" should have four portraits of Terry Pegula.

kishoph
07-30-2014, 03:17 AM

It all depends on if this "source" is correct, early reports yesterday said there could be up to 10 bidders, it doesn't seem likely that so many would drop out, unless they're conceding to Pegula (I wish).

Typ0
07-30-2014, 03:37 AM
The whole situation is sad and heart-wrenching. I think Trump is full of **** he will outbid everyone and get a huge payday...but of course that is a guess.

Jry44
07-30-2014, 06:32 AM
Here's a better link.....

http://nypost.com/2014/07/29/first-round-buffalo-bills-bids-top-1-billion/

trapezeus
07-30-2014, 06:41 AM
pegula also leased out 20000 sqft in the seneca tower. seems like he's moving forward pretty aggressively. they said that they are outgrowing the FNC, but 20k additional square footage sounds like it is covering other activity as well.

BillsOwnAll
07-30-2014, 06:55 AM
Is there a deadline on when they're going to decide by? Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the process.

Jry44
07-30-2014, 07:11 AM
Woah. RT @NewsRadio930 @BfloBizJimFink says he's been told the Pegula bid for the #BuffaloBills is $1.3 billion.

From Sal Capaccio's Twitter page. Pegula isn't playing.

Local guy with that much loot that's investing in your community, I think he will be our next owner. Bidding $1.3 on the initial big can't be even close to as high as he's willing to go!

Jry44
07-30-2014, 07:13 AM
Is there a deadline on when they're going to decide by? Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the process.

The Wilsons want to have a prospective owner for the rest of the league owners to vote on at the 10/7 owners meeting.

BillsOwnAll
07-30-2014, 07:14 AM
The Wilsons want to have a prospective owner for the rest of the league owners to vote on at the 10/7 owners meeting.
Thank you!

THATHURMANATOR
07-30-2014, 07:15 AM
Any word on the bid amounts?

Jry44
07-30-2014, 07:17 AM
Any word on the bid amounts?

See above. Some are leaking out. Terry Pegula isn't playing. ....

Fletch
07-30-2014, 07:18 AM

As usual, not a lot of definitive info despite the sage know-it-alls here.

From the link to that first piece:

So what does the trust do now? Advance all three bidders to the finalist round? Cut down to just two? Or quietly extend the deadline for first bids?

The trust can alter dates, deadlines and procedures in the sale process at any time, however it sees fit.

The trust has set aside next week and the week after to meet individually with finalist bidders. After that, finalists were scheduled to be asked to submit binding, final bids.
If doesn't even sound like the trust knows.

Fletch
07-30-2014, 07:20 AM
See above. Some are leaking out. Terry Pegula isn't playing. ....

What do you mean it's not playing?

Skooby
07-30-2014, 07:47 AM
What do you mean it's not playing?

He isn't playing around.

Dr. Lecter
07-30-2014, 07:47 AM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtyxsMNIIAAS7qL.jpg

Dr. Lecter
07-30-2014, 07:48 AM

Ummmmmmmmm..........

Oh forget it

Novacane
07-30-2014, 07:48 AM

No LA bid. I see it as a good thing.

Dr. Lecter
07-30-2014, 07:50 AM

You know that is not true. Assuming all bids were created equally is faulty.

OpIv37
07-30-2014, 08:00 AM
You know that is not true. Assuming all bids were created equally is faulty.
Yeah well we don't have any information to make a quality judgment on each bid. We don't know what standards the trust is using to evaluate them or how well the bids met those standards.

Trump said he expects to lose. For all we know, his bid could have been summarily dismissed for being trash and it's 50/50 between Pegula and Toronto.

OpIv37
07-30-2014, 08:02 AM
No LA bid. I see it as a good thing.

Yes, that's a good thing. There was some momentum behind LA when Ralph first died but it went away quickly and never came back.

This ****ing Toronto thing won't die though.

Novacane
07-30-2014, 08:06 AM
It all depends on if this "source" is correct, early reports yesterday said there could be up to 10 bidders, it doesn't seem likely that so many would drop out, unless they're conceding to Pegula (I wish).

The early reports could of been wrong

casdhf
07-30-2014, 08:06 AM
I'm going to say this first.

If Terry Pegula pulls this off, he is Buffalo's greatest sports hero. The "Mount Rushmore of Buffalo Sports" should have four portraits of Terry Pegula.Sports hero? He will be the biggest hero period.

Fletch
07-30-2014, 08:08 AM
He isn't playing around.

Thanks for the clarification!!

Jry44
07-30-2014, 08:09 AM
Yes, that's a good thing. There was some momentum behind LA when Ralph first died but it went away quickly and never came back.

This ****ing Toronto thing won't die though.

I think it's dead.

A group bid requires a mojority owner, in which the majority owner has to front 30% of the groups bid himself. Reports are that Pegula has bid $1.3 billion. Bon Jovi I believe I saw doesn't have a net worth that's even half of that.

THAT, is what I meant by saying thar Pegula isn't playing. He blew the other two bidders out of the water right away. I think Pegula has well over a 90% of being a lock to getting the team.

Jry44
07-30-2014, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the clarification!!

It wasn't too hard to figure out to begin with....

MikeInRoch
07-30-2014, 08:14 AM
pegula also leased out 20000 sqft in the seneca tower. seems like he's moving forward pretty aggressively. they said that they are outgrowing the FNC, but 20k additional square footage sounds like it is covering other activity as well.

This. And I'm shocked more people aren't bringing this up and paying attention to it.

better days
07-30-2014, 08:20 AM

From the link to that first piece:

So what does the trust do now? Advance all three bidders to the finalist round? Cut down to just two? Or quietly extend the deadline for first bids?

The trust can alter dates, deadlines and procedures in the sale process at any time, however it sees fit.

The trust has set aside next week and the week after to meet individually with finalist bidders. After that, finalists were scheduled to be asked to submit binding, final bids.
If doesn't even sound like the trust knows.

The "expert" on WGR the other day said the trust will want 3 finalists for the final bid. He said they would not want only 2 in case one drops out, you don't want to be left with only one bidder he said.

That said, Pegula has the money to make a cash bid. Cash is king & $1.3 Bill is a STRONG opening bid.

Fletch
07-30-2014, 08:21 AM
Yeah well we don't have any information to make a quality judgment on each bid. We don't know what standards the trust is using to evaluate them or how well the bids met those standards.

Trump said he expects to lose. For all we know, his bid could have been summarily dismissed for being trash and it's 50/50 between Pegula and Toronto.

Yeah, not sure what to make of this with only 3 bidders. The one linked piece said that the trust has it within their authority to extend deadlines and such, but what would be the reason for thinking that more time was the issue.

We don't have enough info and these initial bids are not final. Who knows, let's say that the Toronto group bid the same or slightly more. We don't know. Or Trump.

I'm guessing that when Trump said he wouldn't win he figured that there'd be 10+ bidders as the rumors were suggesting. He may be feeling better about his chances now.

My first thought was that the other rumored 7 that were supposed to have bid avoided it because of stipulations that they learned about the sale of the team that were restrictive, above and beyond the notion that the team could not be moved (reasonably) prior to the 2020 season, and that they felt that they didn't want their investment to be so limited as to options should there be issues in Buffalo until then, which are likely.

Unlike a lot of others here, I do believe Trump would keep the team here, or do his best to.

All in all I think that this is good news. The team clearly isn't going to be selling on the cheap, so getting appropriate bids won't be an issue, and two of three bidders vow to keep the team here, one very seriously. At this point it will likely come down to what's in the trust.

It would seem that Pegula's the strong frontrunner and there doesn't seem to be an emotional interest after his, so I don't see how this doesn't lean on the good side for us. Then again, we always seem to draw the short straw so I won't be convinced until it's announced that Pegula's the new owner. I can't imagine any of the NFL owners seeing a significant issue with him either. Trump may have a small hurdle.

The bad news is that if bidders held out because they viewed the terms of sale as to restrictive, then it was likely because they didn't see the viability of the team in Buffalo for the long-term and beyond 2020.

Fletch
07-30-2014, 08:27 AM
That said, Pegula has the money to make a cash bid. Cash is king & $1.3 Bill is a STRONG opening bid.

Yeah, that kinda goes without saying since the most expensive that a team has sold for prior to this was $1.1B.

I would suspect that if Pegula's pretty much more or less got it, that we'll start hearing rumors and reports indicative that that's the case very soon, likely prior to Sunday's game.

In the meantime we can hope. Next up will be hoping that he puts some people in place that know WTF they're doing on the football side of things.

Jan Reimers
07-30-2014, 08:28 AM
If Pegula's opening bid is really $1.3 Billion, I think Trump will drop out. He has said he will not bid a "stupid" amount, which he will probably perceive Pegula's bid to be.

Not sure how the Toronto consortium will react, but with the restrictive lease, NFL relocation fees, political pressure to keep the team here, etc. (I don't believe for a minute that they really plan to keep the team in Buffalo) I think they will not want to get into a bidding contest with Pegula and end up paying an exorbitant price.

So,if there are only three bidders, Pegula should win.

Skooby
07-30-2014, 08:39 AM
If Pegula's opening bid is really $1.3 Billion, I think Trump will drop out. He has said he will not bid a "stupid" amount, which he will probably perceive Pegula's bid to be.

Not sure how the Toronto consortium will react, but with the restrictive lease, NFL relocation fees, political pressure to keep the team here, etc. (I don't believe for a minute that they really plan to keep the team in Buffalo) I think they will not want to get into a bidding contest with Pegula and end up paying an exorbitant price.

I watched Dark Skies the other night and the advice they got to protect their family was to make it as difficult as possible for them, the Aliens still took their kids.

Fletch
07-30-2014, 08:40 AM
I watched Dark Skies the other night and the advice they got to protect their family was to make it as difficult as possible for them, the Aliens still took their kids.

LOL

Jan Reimers
07-30-2014, 08:51 AM

Hell, they can take my kids, too. Just not the Bills.

WagonCircler
07-30-2014, 09:14 AM
The PR nightmare that would ensue for the estate and the league (not to mention the potential political firestorm) if they ignored a $1.5 BIL bid from a local sports franchise owner who is committed to keeping the team in Buffalo would be a shtstorm of epic proportions.

I just don't see the estate selling out Ralph's legacy over a few hundred million (and the Toronto group can go much higher than that, by all accounts), when they already have a bid to sell the team for the highest price ever for an NFL franchise.

Terry is buying this team, Toronto. Deal with it. Suck it.

Fletch
07-30-2014, 09:45 AM
The PR nightmare that would ensue for the estate and the league (not to mention the potential political firestorm) if they ignored a $1.5 BIL bid from a local sports franchise owner who is committed to keeping the team in Buffalo would be a shtstorm of epic proportions.

I just don't see the estate selling out Ralph's legacy over a few hundred million (and the Toronto group can go much higher than that, by all accounts), when they already have a bid to sell the team for the highest price ever for an NFL franchise.

Terry is buying this team, Toronto. Deal with it. Suck it.

Agree on the firestorm comment. If Pegula is the highest bidder it will be his regardless.

The Trust runs what happens to this team, it's independent of the rest of Wilson's estate. The only thing that hasn't been made known is whether or not the board for the trust has the lattitude or not to sell to a lower bidding potential owner if the board has reason to believe that he would keep the team in the region over another prospect. (Bon Jovi's group or Trump)

We don't know that. For all we know the trust may very well have to sell to the highest bidder. That's the news that we're all waiting to hear.

At this point in time however it seems that Pegula's going to be the highest bidder anyway, but I haven't read anything about what the Toronto group has bid and to assume that it wasn't equally as much may not be a wise assumption.

Just like there are emotional/sentimental reasons for an owner that would keep the team here, there are the same reasons for say a Toronto (international) group. First international NFL team, first Canadian team, not to mention a more profitable city in every likelihood.

People here love to jump to conclusions rather than commenting on the actual facts. Speculation and rumors carry more weight here than the cold hard facts usually and until proven otherwise.

I agree with you that Pegula is the frontrunner, but until we know what the Toronto group has bid, initially, and still with the option of bidding higher, and until we know what that Trust says, nothing should be assumed. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Wilson set it up to go to the highest bidder without giving the Trust any lattitude to do otherwise.

Also, is this bidding process, the second round, a secret ballot? ... or can bids be revised in more of an auction type of scenario. I haven't heard either way and don't recall how bidding for other teams in the NFL have gone. IIRC they're secret ballots with the winners having been the highest bidders. Maybe someone knows.

Dr. Who
07-30-2014, 09:57 AM
I really don't know who Treg Lewis is, but he is tweeting that the Toronto group bid 1.2B; Pegula 1.3B.

What seems pretty certain, call this speculation all you want, is that Pegula has made a strong offer that is for more than any NFL team has ever sold for. Everything WagonCircler wrote is correct. It would be an absolute PR nightmare for the NFL and the trust to go with anyone besides Pegula. And why would they want to? He is the ideal NFL owner.

cookie G
07-30-2014, 09:58 AM
I think it's dead.

A group bid requires a mojority owner, in which the majority owner has to front 30% of the groups bid himself. Reports are that Pegula has bid $1.3 billion. Bon Jovi I believe I saw doesn't have a net worth that's even half of that.

THAT, is what I meant by saying thar Pegula isn't playing. He blew the other two bidders out of the water right away. I think Pegula has well over a 90% of being a lock to getting the team.

Bon Jovi wouldn't be the majority owner regardless. He'll own a piece, will be the front man for the franchise..but he won't be the mjaority owner..Rogers probably would own the majority.

Anyway...I like Pegula's aggressiveness.

cookie G
07-30-2014, 10:00 AM
I'm only mildly surprised that Golisano hasn't bid. He originally said that he would buy the Bills IF it was needed to keep them in Buffalo. No doubt he's talked to Pegula recently. They might have talked about not getting into a bidding war with each other. Pegula could always offer him a piece of the team later.

stuckincincy
07-30-2014, 10:02 AM
I really don't know who Treg Lewis is, but he is tweeting that the Toronto group bid 1.2B; Pegula 1.3B.

What seems pretty certain, call this speculation all you want, is that Pegula has made a strong offer that is for more than any NFL team has ever sold for. Everything WagonCircler wrote is correct. It would be an absolute PR nightmare for the NFL and the trust to go with anyone besides Pegula. And why would they want to? He is the ideal NFL owner.

Playing devil's advocate, Goodell has often talked about a team in another country. The NFL PR machine could spin up "hands across the border" stuff.

WagonCircler
07-30-2014, 10:10 AM
I'm only mildly surprised that Golisano hasn't bid. He originally said that he would buy the Bills IF it was needed to keep them in Buffalo. No doubt he's talked to Pegula recently. They might have talked about not getting into a bidding war with each other. Pegula could always offer him a piece of the team later.

I think Tom G is Terry's ace in the hole. If the Toronto group decides to get really stupid and push the envelope towards $2BIL, then I think Golisano comes on board. And I think that's game, set, match.

The Toronto group already has three factions, Bon Jovi, Rodgers and The Maple Leaf Group. The NFL has made it clear, time and again, that they prefer a strong, single owner. I think Terry can outbid the Canadians by himself, but when you start to add up all the strikes against the Canadians, the fact that they're clearly lying about moving the team, the fact that their cobbled together bid would have to be chosen over a huge bid that fills out all the current requirements (Terry Pegs), the ironclad lease, the delicate political situation, the Bon Jovi group is FUCT. It's all just too much to overcome, especially in the context of Pegula's bid, his aggressiveness, his means, and his track record.

We're well into the 4th Quarter of this game and Terry P just took a 48-3 lead. Insurmountable.

Buffalogic
07-30-2014, 10:21 AM
Pegula already won. Bid first, bid strong. He's not going to rebuild Buffalo and let the bills, the lifeblood of WNY, slip through his fingers.

justasportsfan
07-30-2014, 10:28 AM
I had to pull my bid once I found out how much Pegula bid. I'm just 1.399999 B short.

Dr. Who
07-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Playing devil's advocate, Goodell has often talked about a team in another country. The NFL PR machine could spin up "hands across the border" stuff.

Taking a storied franchise away from a loyal fan-base from a blue-collar town when there is an historical offer on the table with a stable owner dedicated to the city in order to "go international" would only play to those who think the guys with the black hats are the good guys . . . pretty weak, diablo.

trapezeus
have we learned nothing as buffalo sports fans? it isn't over until the doc is signed and there is a press conference and the owners ratify it.

i can totally see Pegula being on the inside track and then something just epicly awful occuring and we lose the team to Bret Michaels. or whatever other 80's singer that is excited to move this to a country that hasn't supported NFL football.

I am optimistic at what it seems like, but i also know buffalo has squandered more sure things in the past.

Goobylal
I think Tom G is Terry's ace in the hole. If the Toronto group decides to get really stupid and push the envelope towards $2BIL, then I think Golisano comes on board. And I think that's game, set, match.

The Toronto group already has three factions, Bon Jovi, Rodgers and The Maple Leaf Group. The NFL has made it clear, time and again, that they prefer a strong, single owner. I think Terry can outbid the Canadians by himself, but when you start to add up all the strikes against the Canadians, the fact that they're clearly lying about moving the team, the fact that their cobbled together bid would have to be chosen over a huge bid that fills out all the current requirements (Terry Pegs), the ironclad lease, the delicate political situation, the Bon Jovi group is FUCT. It's all just too much to overcome, especially in the context of Pegula's bid, his aggressiveness, his means, and his track record.

We're well into the 4th Quarter of this game and Terry P just took a 48-3 lead. Insurmountable.
Not to mention BJs group aligned themselves with that weasel Congel.

DetDannyWilliams
07-30-2014, 10:51 AM
NY Post: Pegula Bids More Than $1 Billion for Bills

The Pegula's have said they're interested in keeping the team in Western New York.

Check out this story on WGRZ.com: http://on.wgrz.com/1rNHnPs

kishoph
07-30-2014, 11:08 AM

One theory that I heard today that doesn't seem too unrealistic is that BJ's group is in there to bump up the bidding, the higher price of the sale, the better it is for all owners. BJ did have that private meeting with Goodell a few weeks ago, maybe Goodell told him do this for us and it will look good for you in the future. Conspiracy ?

Ed
07-30-2014, 11:15 AM
I'm sure this whole bidding process has been a ton of work and is going to continue to be a ton of work for those potential owners going forward. When Pegula sold that oil land or whatever for $1.8 billion, he flexed some serious financial muscle and made it pretty clear how serious he was about being aggressive. Maybe he just scared off a lot of other bidders because they realized they'd just be wasting time and resources trying to compete with him. There's no way you sell an asset that valuable/profitable unless you're dead set on winning the bid. Buying and owning an NFL franchise is an extremely rare privilege and the Bills are perfect for the Pegula's. It's hard to see Terry Pegula letting this kind of opportunity slip through his fingers and lose out to the Toronto group.

Hopefully the reports that the Toronto group isn't willing to approach the $1.5 billion mark is true.

OpIv37
07-30-2014, 11:16 AM
One theory that I heard today that doesn't seem too unrealistic is that BJ's group is in there to bump up the bidding, the higher price of the sale, the better it is for all owners. BJ did have that private meeting with Goodell a few weeks ago, maybe Goodell told him do this for us and it will look good for you in the future. Conspiracy ?

So what exactly would Bon Jovi get out of being Roger Goodell's tool? Special consideration for ownership the next time a team is sold? Goodell really can't control a team's sale process.

Plus, he's linked to Toronto now, so if he tried to buy a team like Jax, Min, St. Louis, etc, all their fans will be worried about him moving too.

While I don't doubt that the league would try to influence the bidding process, I don't see enough incentive for Bon Jovi to want to help out.

cookie G
07-30-2014, 12:17 PM

I think he is too. If he needs an extra $200 million, for example...he has Golisano there at the ready.
And I suspect the Toronto group knows this.

We're going to find out soon enough though.

WagonCircler
07-30-2014, 12:20 PM
So what exactly would Bon Jovi get out of being Roger Goodell's tool? Special consideration for ownership the next time a team is sold? Goodell really can't control a team's sale process.

Plus, he's linked to Toronto now, so if he tried to buy a team like Jax, Min, St. Louis, etc, all their fans will be worried about him moving too.

While I don't doubt that the league would try to influence the bidding process, I don't see enough incentive for Bon Jovi to want to help out.

All true, but things might be different for an expansion franchise, which is not only possible, but likely. And it's also the reason there are no LA bidders on the Bills. If the Bills sell for $1.5 BIL, or higher, the expansion fee for the next round will be at least $2 BIL.

I could see that weasel Bon Jovi doing this, unbeknown to his Toronto partners, with a silent LA group in the shadows.

Dr. Who
07-30-2014, 12:44 PM
LA is the perfect place for him.

kishoph
07-30-2014, 12:47 PM

I'm not sure, I just said that this was a theory that I heard earlier, that doesn't seem unrealistic. It is a little suspicious that Goodell had a private meeting with BJ and not with any other potential owner, at least one that was reported. Also what I think is weird is that there are only 3 bidders, estimates of the amount of bidders expected were double and triple that number. Not saying that has anything to do with my 1st post, but it does seem strange.

better days
07-30-2014, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure, I just said that this was a theory that I heard earlier, that doesn't seem unrealistic. It is a little suspicious that Goodell had a private meeting with BJ and not with any other potential owner, at least one that was reported. Also what I think is weird is that there are only 3 bidders, estimates of the amount of bidders expected were double and triple that number. Not saying that has anything to do with my 1st post, but it does seem strange.

I agree about the limited number of bidders.

I can think of two reasons for that.

1) There are restrictions that have been speculated about in the sale of the Bills.

2) People know they can't outbid Pegula.

stuckincincy
07-30-2014, 01:09 PM

I'm surprised that there were 3.

I give the NFL 10 years or so. A government with the boot on the neck of the private sector, 1 public sector job with benefits and virtual immunity from discharge for poor performance, for every 5 private sector jobs.

Young folks going into debt for a king's ransom paid to education employees, technology replacing jobs apace, a skyrocketing national government debt, the huge expansion in entitlements to insure electability - I can't see but that the customer base drops into the toilet.

Turf
07-30-2014, 01:20 PM
Deleted, posted in wrong thread.

Dr. Lecter
07-30-2014, 08:43 PM
If reports Wednesday are true about how much Terry Pegula is prepared to bid on the Buffalo Bills, then Jon Bon Jovi and his Toronto bid group apparently are doomed.

Sources now tell Sun Media the Toronto group cannot ultimately bid as high as the $1.3 billion Pegula is reported to have submitted in Tuesday’s first round.

Probably the Toronto group’s bid limit will be about $1.2 billion, one source said. Another source said the limit likely is even less than that, just above $1 billion.

That’s why the sources dismissed reports Wednesday that contend the Toronto group placed a first bid as high as $1.2 billion.

Maybe that first bid was as high as $1 billion, sources said, but more likely it was in the $800-million to $900-million range.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/bidding-war-what-bidding-war-if-reports-of-pegulas-first-bid-are-true-toronto-group-cant-match-it-sources/

(Posted elsewhere too - but it is worth repeating)

Goobylal
07-30-2014, 09:06 PM
Shot downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, in a blaze of...well...a blaze.