PDA

View Full Version : This Is Amazing

BillsImpossible
07-30-2014, 07:50 PM
What an amazing time to be alive in Buffalo, NY.

Cars are returning to Main Street, Fall is in the air, the Bills are less than a week away from playing the first preseason game of the year, Andre Reed is going in to the Hall of Fame, the Bills Nation is headed to Canton, OH, and something is in the air tonight like Phil Collins on rice.

Think back to early January, 2011...many brain cells ago.

Terry who?

A month and a half later, Terry Pegula was the new owner of the Buffalo Sabres.

For many years Bills fans have been hearing Toronto knocking on our door.

For many fans the situation was a foregone conclusion that the team would eventually move after Ralph passed.

Toronto was licking their chops for years, setting their sites on the Buffalo like a tiger in the wild, and then came some guy riding a white horse who loves the Buffalo Sabres.

Buffalo Bill himself would be proud.

I think it is safe to say that Terry Pegula will be the next owner of the Buffalo Bills.

Terry Pegula has saved the Buffalo Bills from moving to Toronto.

If Ralph passed away 5 years ago, I don't think we'd have a team today.

What is amazing is how Ralph Wilson, Jr. lived long enough to make it all possible.

IlluminatusUIUC
07-30-2014, 07:56 PM
When should we expect the "Could the Bills go 16-0?" thread?

BillsImpossible
07-30-2014, 08:09 PM

2 years.

Goobylal
07-30-2014, 09:07 PM
"Phil Collins on rice"?

better days
07-30-2014, 10:05 PM

16-0 BABY!

WOO HOO!!!

Jan Reimers
07-31-2014, 04:41 AM
Make it 19-0 and I'm in.

Dr. Lecter
07-31-2014, 07:03 AM

Don't worry - Op will start a "Could the Bills go 0-16?" thread to balance it all out!

trapezeus
07-31-2014, 07:21 AM
again, i think we should all be excited, but this seems like halftime in the purchasing process. we've seen buffalo squander bigger leads.

fingers crossed that this is working out in our favor.

Jan Reimers
07-31-2014, 07:48 AM
again, i think we should all be excited, but this seems like halftime in the purchasing process. we've seen buffalo squander bigger leads.

fingers crossed that this is working out in our favor.
You're right, trap. After sitting through that Monday night Dallas game a few years ago, I definitely know there is no sure thing in the world of Buffalo sports.

Pinkerton Security
07-31-2014, 08:08 AM
"Phil Collins on rice"?

I have no idea what this means either.

stuckincincy
07-31-2014, 10:03 AM
I have no idea what this means either.

Maybe there's a clue in the subsequent sentence...

"Think back to early January, 2011...many brain cells ago." :idea:

Ed
07-31-2014, 11:17 AM
Probably after week 1 if we're 1-0.

trapezeus
07-31-2014, 11:59 AM
You're right, trap. After sitting through that Monday night Dallas game a few years ago, I definitely know there is no sure thing in the world of Buffalo sports.

not that this is the right spot to rehash that awful memory, but that loss jaded me more so than usual. i could usually go through a crappy season and rebound to be an optimistic fan for the following training camp. after that loss, i thought, "this team will never be more than this until ralph passes and the power structure fundamentally changes."

i guess that's why i am so hopeful pegula walks in here like a boss and kicks out brandon and poaches some high end front office types from around the league and establishes a real front office that knows when to go all in and when to methodically build up.

stuckincincy
07-31-2014, 12:01 PM
Probably after week 1 if we're 1-0.

Yep, especially since it is a road game. :up:

Generalissimus Gibby
07-31-2014, 08:10 PM
not that this is the right spot to rehash that awful memory, but that loss jaded me more so than usual. i could usually go through a crappy season and rebound to be an optimistic fan for the following training camp. after that loss, i thought, "this team will never be more than this until ralph passes and the power structure fundamentally changes."

i guess that's why i am so hopeful pegula walks in here like a boss and kicks out brandon and poaches some high end front office types from around the league and establishes a real front office that knows when to go all in and when to methodically build up.

Same here, I have cautiously guarded optimism.