• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Stick a fork in Jon Bon Bye Bye

This article explains the dagger that killed Bon Jovi and Toronto's dreams, and that dagger belongs to Terry Pegula.

The group as constituted with Bon Jovi in the lead probably is limited financially by the amount of cash the rocker can pull together to meet the 30% controlling-owner threshold the NFL demands.

Sources say he is worth close to $500 million. To illustrate his predicament, let’s say the final sale price is $1.2 billion. After the group maxes out the NFL’s financing limit of $200 million, Bon Jovi would alone have to contribute $300 million in cash to meet the 30% principal-ownership threshold — more than 60% of his net worth, an extraordinarily high number in such a sale.

More:

Suck it, Toronto.
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Stick a fork in Jon Bon Bye Bye

also, other reports say he's only at $300MM. amazing that roundingup to $500MM isn't seen as excessively generous.

and wow, he's made $300MM off of one classic album and a bad acting career? sign me up for that gig.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
      • Nov 2007

i think our new hall of fame wide receiver andre reed said it best.

'F*** Bon Jovi'
      I came.
      I saw.
      I conquered.

Comment

• JoeMama
        Emotion Sickness
        • Oct 2002

Every proposal has its thorns.

And every Bills fan sings a glad, glad song.

Sayonara, Bon Jovi. It's not the 1980s anymore and I hope I never see your name in the news ever again.
        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
          Every proposal has its thorns.

And every Bills fan sings a glad, glad song.

Sayonara, Bon Jovi. It's not the 1980s anymore and I hope I never see your name in the news ever again.
          i believe the song you are referencing is by poison, and not bon jovi. but either way, close enough
          I came.
          I saw.
          I conquered.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

ESAD, JBJ!

Stick to following the Irish, and writing ****ty songs.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Question: what is the net worth of Rogers or Tannenbaum? Couldn't they just flip it and make Rogers the 30% principal owner instead of Bon Jovi?

Also, if that's not possible, does Pegula automatically win or do they re-open the bidding process and try to attract more bids?
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                Question: what is the net worth of Rogers or Tannenbaum? Couldn't they just flip it and make Rogers the 30% principal owner instead of Bon Jovi?

Also, if that's not possible, does Pegula automatically win or do they re-open the bidding process and try to attract more bids?
                Off-topic, OpI, but didn't there used to be an NFL rule about one owner being restricted from owning two major league franchises in the same town?
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                  Off-topic, OpI, but didn't there used to be an NFL rule about one owner being restricted from owning two major league franchises in the same town?
                  It's the opposite, actually. It's the only way you can owner another franchise (an NFL rule).

Comment

• JoeMama
                    Emotion Sickness
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                    i believe the song you are referencing is by poison, and not bon jovi. but either way, close enough
                    What??? They're different bands???

I'm a 90s kid. All those hair bands are interchangeable in my book. You can see how limited my knowledge of the genre is.

But at least I didn't quote Stryper lyrics.
                    Last edited by JoeMama; 07-31-2014, 10:14 AM.
                    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                      Escaped Convict
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

It has been extensively reported the Jon Bon Blowme would not be interested in any situation the does not involve him as principal owner. So he would back out. And neither Tannenbaum not Rogers have the personal liquidity to make that bid happen. Neither of them as individuals would meet the minimum requirement on their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                      What? They're different bands???
                      It's actually a badge of honor NOT to know the difference, I think.

Comment

• JoeMama
                        Emotion Sickness
                        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                        It's actually a badge of honor NOT to know the difference, I think.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to WagonCircler again."

Comment

• Ed
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                          It's the opposite, actually. It's the only way you can owner another franchise (an NFL rule).
                          I believe you can own an NFL team and still own another pro sports franchise in a different city, as long as that city does not have an NFL team. So an NFL owner could buy the Portland Trailblazers or OKC Thunder for example since there's no competing NFL team in those markets.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                            I believe you can own an NFL team and still own another pro sports franchise in a different city, as long as that city does not have an NFL team. So an NFL owner could buy the Portland Trailblazers or OKC Thunder for example since there's no competing NFL team in those markets.
                            What would be the point of that rule?

I know there was much talk about Jeremy Jacobs having to divest himself of the Bruins had he decided to make a bid for the Bills. I realize that Boston (metro Boston) has an NFL team, so it's not the exact same situation, but I'm not sure how that would make a practical difference.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                              • Feb 2009

So Fletch googles for Bills news everyday. H e has no links to post today all the news coming out of Toronto suggests the MLSE/Bon Jovi group are cooked

Comment

Working...
                              X