Mary Wilson-Is she the X-Factor in keeping the Bills here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Mary Wilson-Is she the X-Factor in keeping the Bills here?

I understand that there a billions of dollars being thrown around to buy the team possibly at the highest dollar , but is it ultimately up to Mary Wilson who decides who gets the franchise?
    I hope that she will honor her husband and grants his wish to keep the Bills here, by taking the money from a bidder like Pegula or anyone who wants to keep the team in Buffalo for a
    reasonable price?
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Mary Wilson-Is she the X-Factor in keeping the Bills here?

I think 1.3 billion is more than enough of a reasonable price considering that the franchise is supposedly valued by Forbes for less than that.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• WagonCircler
      Escaped Convict
      • Jul 2002

Terry Pegula is the X-factor in keeping the Bills here.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

"When it is 4th down, go for it, Ralph will be up there helping"-Mary Wilson

Mrs Ralph Wilson seemed genuinely touched by the response of Bills fans to Ralph's death.

I believe she wants to keep Ralph's legacy alive in Buffalo.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
          EXACTLY!!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Reality is that Terry is committing his resources to improving Buffalo, safely keeping the Bills in town is a major part.

Comment

• blackonyx89
              HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
              I agree with this comment! I posted to see if someone possibly came in and wanted to make a higher bid than T-Peg. Does Mary have the right to say no to an out of town bidder who wants to take the Bills out of here?
              Last edited by blackonyx89; 07-31-2014, 08:54 AM.
              Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by blackonyx89 View Post
                I agree with this comment! I posted to see if someone possibly came in and wanted to make a higher bid than T-Peg. Does Mary have the right to say no to an out of town bidder who wants to take the Bills out of here?
                It is not just her. There is a 4 person trust who decides. She is a member of the trust.

They are bound to the wishes of the estate and how the trust was established.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

pretty amazing that RW did this. The absence of bids from out of town is astonishing. There is language in there that stomps out the ability to move the team. $1.3B is a lot of dough....but it's not as much as $1.4B or $2B. When this is all said and done I'm going to make a cake that looks like a crow and eat it for certain.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

I wonder what the tax situation is?
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Basically the estate will pay capital gains on the sale of the franchise, based on its sale price or fair market value.

So, essentialy if it is bought for 1.3 billion the taxes will be on 1.3 billion - initial investment of $25,000
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                        Basically the estate will pay capital gains on the sale of the franchise, based on its sale price or fair market value.

So, essentialy if it is bought for 1.3 billion the taxes will be on 1.3 billion - initial investment of $25,000
                        I wonder about the structure of the trust- - to what extend it shelters (probably not much, since it was established long after the value of the initial investment soared). CIN owner Brown beat the IRS by some sort of lending of shares. Joe Robbie's estate got slaughtered.
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• jimmifli
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                          They are bound to the wishes of the estate and how the trust was established.
                          It's a fair assumption that she was involved in the drafting of those "wishes".

It's not like Ralph just posthumously sprung this on her like:

So it's fair to say her role on the trust is to represent Ralph's wishes and keep the team in Buffalo. But I doubt there is any opposition there, the other members of that trust are all (likely) fiercely loyal to Ralph as well. It sure looks like Ralph stacked the deck in favour of home town bids, time will tell.

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                            "When it is 4th down, go for it, Ralph will be up there helping"-Mary Wilson

Mrs Ralph Wilson seemed genuinely touched by the response of Bills fans to Ralph's death.

I believe she wants to keep Ralph's legacy alive in Buffalo.
                            I agree. If the Bills move the legacy of RW will be forgotten in many circles. The new city will not care about what he accomplished and he just be remembered as one of the pioneers of the AFL.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                              Escaped Convict
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137 View Post
                              I agree. If the Bills move the legacy of RW will be forgotten in many circles. The new city will not care about what he accomplished and he just be remembered as one of the pioneers of the AFL.
                              He would become, posthumously or not, the Art Modell of Buffalo. Not quite as hated, but certainly forgotten. And there would be no "Baltimore" for him. He would be a footnote in the Toronto Whatevers history. And Mary wilson would be hated just as much as Modell in Baltimore or Georgia Rosenbloom in LA.

Comment

Working...
                              X