PDA

View Full Version : Well the Bills aren't this bad....

swiper
08-01-2014, 01:24 PM
ROFL @ Houston. Who's making those picks?

The Houston Texans have now released three of their first five picks in the 2013 NFL draft, with all three players getting cut before ever playing a down for the team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/01/texans-cut-another-2013-draft-pick/

Skooby
08-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Where did they pick in this past draft ? Oh yeah.

Fletch
08-01-2014, 02:37 PM
If Manuel doesn't work out this season they're going to look at least equally bad. If for some reason Watkins doesn't explode, even more so.

Skooby
08-01-2014, 02:39 PM
If Manuel doesn't work out this season they're going to look at least equally bad. If for some reason Watkins doesn't explode, even more so.

Watkins is looking good.

Night Train
08-01-2014, 03:11 PM
They fell to pieces but probably made a wise decision to hire O'Brien as coach. He's very organized and in a no lose situation, at present.

They have a few star players and will probably keep games closer than many expect with Defense.

Fletch
08-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Watkins is looking good.

He's looking fantastic. ... in camp.

We've said that about so many players over the years though. I remember when everyone was talking about how good Trent Edwards looked in camp and how players respected him, etc. Last season in camp everyone talked about how unstoppably fast Goodwin looked on returns and used his one preseason return for a TD to conjecture several others during the season, the result was that he was below average on returns last season. I remember all the hype on TO, again, in camp. I'm optimistic and definitely think he'll be good, I just don't think that he'll be worth 2 1st-rounders. We'll see. I also don't agree with the way that Whaley's doing business.

There are many many examples. Look around you at the other camp reports on camps that started a week after ours, they're talking about their rookies in the same manner.

I hear talk about how Watkins is beating Gilmore half the time, well first of all, Gilmore's got some work to do to prove that he's a top CB, but he's hardly Revis, Sherman, Talib, or a bunch of other better CBs, so let's see how Watkins does against them in real-time. There's not another CB on our team that I think it matters if Watkins beats. Not one other CB has proven to be an above average starting CB over the years.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but looking good in camp is one thing, looking good in preseason is another, but looking good during the regular season quite another. Also, as many people have pointed out, the whole enchilada falls apart if Manuel doesn't play well, right. Well he's not looking good, ... in camp. He didn't look good last season, and he wasn't great at FSU for four seasons while all along exhibiting the same issues. Chances of that correcting itself in the remaining 10 training camp days and then another two weeks of regular practice before our season opener in Chicago? I'd say not so much.

By the way, look at this thread, it's from another forum, but I'm sure that the same things were occurring here.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/94910-aaron-maybin-looked-electric-on-his-sack/

THATHURMANATOR
08-01-2014, 03:39 PM
I agree with not annointing Watkins as a superstar yet.

I will say that from what I have heard/read/watched he does look to be a special talent.

I can't see him not being good. I could see him struggling at times being a rookie.

Homegrown
08-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Texan's are in good shape with Harvard at QB.... Oops

GingerP
08-01-2014, 04:11 PM
To be fair, their 1st and 2nd round picks from 2013 are already starters and look to be pretty good players. They get nothing from the rest of the draft, but it wasn't a total washout.

Meathead
08-01-2014, 05:09 PM
still cant believe they bailed on schaub that easily. i think they are gonna be kicking themselves watching him go back to 90+ qb rating while fitzys throwing game losing interceptions

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-01-2014, 05:19 PM
He's looking fantastic. ... in camp.

We've said that about so many players over the years though. I remember when everyone was talking about how good Trent Edwards looked in camp and how players respected him, etc. Last season in camp everyone talked about how unstoppably fast Goodwin looked on returns and used his one preseason return for a TD to conjecture several others during the season, the result was that he was below average on returns last season. I remember all the hype on TO, again, in camp. I'm optimistic and definitely think he'll be good, I just don't think that he'll be worth 2 1st-rounders. We'll see. I also don't agree with the way that Whaley's doing business.

There are many many examples. Look around you at the other camp reports on camps that started a week after ours, they're talking about their rookies in the same manner.

I hear talk about how Watkins is beating Gilmore half the time, well first of all, Gilmore's got some work to do to prove that he's a top CB, but he's hardly Revis, Sherman, Talib, or a bunch of other better CBs, so let's see how Watkins does against them in real-time. There's not another CB on our team that I think it matters if Watkins beats. Not one other CB has proven to be an above average starting CB over the years.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but looking good in camp is one thing, looking good in preseason is another, but looking good during the regular season quite another. Also, as many people have pointed out, the whole enchilada falls apart if Manuel doesn't play well, right. Well he's not looking good, ... in camp. He didn't look good last season, and he wasn't great at FSU for four seasons while all along exhibiting the same issues. Chances of that correcting itself in the remaining 10 training camp days and then another two weeks of regular practice before our season opener in Chicago? I'd say not so much.

By the way, look at this thread, it's from another forum, but I'm sure that the same things were occurring here.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/94910-aaron-maybin-looked-electric-on-his-sack/

I'm all about bashing s*** from time to time and understand the realists/pessimists point of view, but you literally have NOTHING to say unless it's negative. You make OP look like f***ing Skooby.

better days
08-01-2014, 05:42 PM

NONSENSE. Even if EJ is a BUST, KIKO is better than MOST teams first rnd pick.

Skooby
08-01-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm all about bashing s*** from time to time and understand the realists/pessimists point of view, but you literally have NOTHING to say unless it's negative. You make OP look like f***ing Skooby.

Yeah, wait what ?

Fletch
08-01-2014, 06:01 PM

That's funny, from where some of us sit you don't have anything to say but siht like this.

You make drunk *******s look like civil people.

Talk about being maladjusted to civil discourse. Anything that doesn't get said the way that you like it is bashing. Meanwhile, you leap over the simplest points of discussion like Superman leaping over a tall building.