PDA

View Full Version : Gilmore Going at Full Tilt

Woodman
08-01-2014, 01:38 PM
PITTSFORD – Doug Marrone equated what Stephon Gilmore did last season to playing with one hand tied behind his back.
That’s as good an analogy as there is to describe how difficult it was for Gilmore to deal with the broken left wrist that basically submarined his second professional year.
Just untying his shoes after a practice was a chore, so imagine the struggle it was trying to jam some of the best athletes in the world at the line of scrimmage.
“Last year, that injury, that was a tough thing to come back from,” Marrone said Thursday after the Bills wrapped up practice at St. John Fisher College. “He’s come out and been like he was in the beginning of last year – prior to the injury. He’s been playing real physical, and he’ll get better and better each day.”
Gilmore feels like he’s back to being the player he was before getting hurt. That’s good news for the Bills, as the third-year veteran out of South Carolina had the look of a shutdown cornerback at times during his rookie season of 2012.
“Just getting back out there and playing the game that I know how to play – being physical – feels pretty good,” he said. “At the same time, I’m trying to be smart, so I can do whatever I can do to help this team win.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/gilmore-going-at-full-tilt-20140731?two-bills-drive

We need Gilmore to be special this season.

The King
08-01-2014, 01:54 PM
The WR's in our division tend to be softer than most of the league. Having Gilmore able to be physical with guys like Wallace, Dobson, and Decker will certainly help.

justasportsfan
08-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Just don't get injured please!

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-01-2014, 06:25 PM
i really really liked how he looked the his rookie year and towards the end of last year. i'm excited to see how he does in the upcoming year