X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Bon Jovi letter to Bills fans!

Jon Bon Jovi, facing credibility issues over his intentions for the Buffalo Bills, has emerged to declare his group’s commitment to keeping the team in Western New York.

The rock star broke his silence in a letter provided exclusively to The Buffalo News. The purpose of the letter was “to clarify our intentions to the fans of the team and people of Buffalo,” Bon Jovi wrote.

Bon Jovi is the frontman of a Toronto-anchored group that includes Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment executive Larry Tanenbaum and Edward Rogers of Canadian telecommunications colossus Rogers Communications.

In the letter, Bon Jovi emphasized that his objective would be to keep the Bills in Western New York by building a “state-of-the-art NFL stadium for the loyal Bills fans” and honoring the legacy of late founder Ralph C. Wilson Jr.

“I know how much the Bills mean to the people of this region,” Bon Jovi wrote. “So I want you to hear this from me: I’m not risking it all to let you down.

- - - Updated - - -

I still say he's full of ****.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Bon Jovi letter to Bills fans!

I don't. Only a foolish businessman would uproot this team and move it to Toronto, and JBJ is not that.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

Lying **** sucking piece of ****. **** off bon jovi

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

While I also don't buy it, I will give him/his group credit for at least going all the way on the sell job.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          I don't. Only a foolish businessman would uproot this team and move it to Toronto, and JBJ is not that.
          But isn't that assuming JBJ has a controlling interest? I can't imagine in a bid package that's going to be well over a billion dollars that he has that kind of cash in the deal.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            But isn't that assuming JBJ has a controlling interest? I can't imagine in a bid package that's going to be well over a billion dollars that he has that kind of cash in the deal.
            He might not, based on reports kind of doubtful that he does. But, I can't see him going 'all-in' on this investment without having controlling interest.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Homegrown
              Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
              • Jul 2008

To paraphrase Shakespeare, "me thinks JBJ doth protests too much" ...he don't care, he's got Buffalo in the rearview mirror

Comment

• jimmifli
                • Nov 2006

In the letter, Bon Jovi emphasized that his objective would be to keep the Bills in Western New York by building a “state-of-the-art NFL stadium for the loyal Bills fans”
                And if he can't get a stadium built using tax payers money? I believe he would try, and if successful the Bills would stay, be more profitable and he'd make a fortune. But the point isn't to find an owner that wants to keep the team in Buffalo under the best of conditions, it's to find an owner that will keep the team in Buffalo no matter what the conditions.

Comment

• AlbanyFan
                  • Jun 2014

I say he's mostly a 'popular' American mouthpiece for the Rogers group to sell the proposal to us. He doesn't have enough cash to be the 'controlling' interest. It may very well be his intention to keep the Bills in Buffalo, but he won't be pulling the strings.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by AlbanyFan View Post
                    I say he's mostly a 'popular' American mouthpiece for the Rogers group to sell the proposal to us. He doesn't have enough cash to be the 'controlling' interest. It may very well be his intention to keep the Bills in Buffalo, but he won't be pulling the strings.
                    The ONLY reason it would be Bon Jovi & the Toronto groups intention to keep the Bills in Buffalo is because they have no other choice, because they are not allowed to move the team, at least until 2020.

Despite what Bon Jovi says, I don't believe for a minute that Toronto group would keep the Bills in Buffalo one minute longer than they are required to.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Drop dead.

Comment

• cookie G
                        • Mar 2003

my open letter retort:

"F You"

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Jul 2007

Fully agree with the kudos for really pushing the sell that he won't move the team, but this reeks of 2020 hearing "Well I didn't want to move the team THEN... but my millions upon millions of dollars say Toronto/LA are the way to go NOW... So TECHNICALLY I didn't move the team..."
                          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

If Jon Bon Jovi were really serious about keeping the Bills in Buffalo, and that he wanted to do that all along, he would have been hanging out in Buffalo acquainting himself with Buffalo & Bills fans instead, he spent all of his time up in Toronto. And on HOF weekend, he is hanging out with the Giants, not the Bills.

A big FU to Jonny boy.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

I'm with Andre Reed on the JBJ option.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                              X