Preseason game 1 Positives & Negatives...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Preseason game 1 Positives & Negatives...

I'll just cut right to the chaseā€¦

Lets do the bad news first, the Negatives:

- QB play was shaky. EJ made quick reads and good throws, but 2 out of 8 balls were batted down?? Way too small of a sample-size to draw any conclusions though. His release is quicker, and made very quick decisions. Tuel vs. Lewis, I actually vote for Tuel. No reason except for the fact that Lewis played like crap, and Tuel was average.

- K'wanjo (can't spell his name and too lazy to look it up) was terrible about over half the time. His base he sets is so narrow, and his feet are, at this point, terrible. He can out muscle guys, but speed rushers will give him a def' mismatch.

- TJ Graham is still so inconsistent. Catches a passes and fights for the 1st down like he's a FB, and then like 4 more plays later, he drops a pass off his pads, and results in a red zone INT.

- 2nd/3rd team O-line. Pass protection was bad, and even got out-muscled on run plays. Not worried though, b/c a lot of those guys who screwed up are going to get cut soon (if not already).

The Posititves:

- Very nice showing from our 1st team defense. The run coverage from the LB's was really good, pressure was good, and secondary was good. All 3 units look sharp, but it was only done on 2 drives.

- Very decent performance by our WR's. A better throw, Sammy scores his first TD. Mike Williams is going to do very well. Robert Woods was solid, and Chris Hogan has a few grabs. All done w/o our top 2 TE's.

- Bryce Brown & Anthony Dixon looked good; versus a very soft defense.

- Duke Williams can fricken hit!! I want to see him play w/ the 1st team unit!!

- Football is back!! Go Bills!!

luv you guys, and luv the Bills!!
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • THRILLHO
    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
    • Feb 2009

Re: Preseason game 1 Positives & Negatives...

You forgot the biggest positive of all: No one got hurt.
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

Seantrel Henderson did not look bad at all.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

EJ was shaky.
        Seantrell looked good.
        Defense was solid (first team)
        Been waiting to see what Duke brings to the table, nice hit
        Legursky looked decent at center, I'd rather have him slooted as b/u center than Urbik
        The d-line was dominant
        Starting with second team defense, they really struggled setting and containing the edge
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

I haven't been following up training camp much this year, so only the big news like Kiko is out and Tuel looked great. Well comparing EJ and Tuel yesterday, it is still an athlete playing QB (EJ), and a QB with limited physical ceiling (Tuel). EJ is just not a natural thrower. He just does not sense the surroundings (like Tuel), such as where people are. Those batted down passes are just that. He sees his receivers and nothing else. He's better off going over the top where he tried twice yesterday or going very short; those are playing into his strength. If those plays are not there, I think he probably should take off running.

Tuel, on the other hand, like someone said, is just average. Has the look of a classic QB. With the 1st unit OL, he probably will do a little better. But he's not standout among the 2nd unit against 2nd unit D. Does not really wow me, make me saying he's that much better that he should be on 1st unit.

The starting D looks good, but I think they will miss Kiko to make it great. Overall, I see us being an 8-8 team right now.

Comment

Working...
          X