PDA

View Full Version : Can Cohen stick ?

Skooby
08-04-2014, 06:59 AM
The effort by Cohen last night was noticeable, does he have a chance to stick ??

ICRockets
08-04-2014, 07:18 AM
If he keeps it going, I would expect him to make it over someone like Charles or Branch. He's got a nice, explosive first step.

SpikedLemonade
08-04-2014, 08:18 AM
I believe he was with the 3rd string team.

Move him to the 2nd string team for some of the next game and see how does.

Buffalo Thriller
08-04-2014, 08:25 AM
Let him replace Corbin Bryant.

Woodman
08-04-2014, 08:51 AM
He did play with the heart we all love to see ... keep it up.

OpIv37
08-04-2014, 09:10 AM

This.

He looked great but he did it against guys who are going to be applying for jobs at Wendy's after an awkward conversation with the Turk tdoay.

Give him a couple shots against better competition and see what happens.

kingJofNYC
08-04-2014, 09:16 AM
If he keeps it going, I would expect him to make it over someone like Charles or Branch. He's got a nice, explosive first step.

Charles was good last night, and flashed last year during the regular season. I think he's going to make the team. Branch got paid and mailed it in it seems.

We desperately need depth behind Kyle Williams and Dareus.

Skooby
08-04-2014, 09:28 AM

This.

He looked great but he did it against guys who are going to be applying for jobs at Wendy's after an awkward conversation with the Turk tdoay.

Give him a couple shots against better competition and see what happens.

I agree with all of this.

Ed
08-05-2014, 10:00 AM
It was just the HOF game, but he did stand out. Seems like a perfect candidate for the PS. He's got time to develop and grow. No need to force him on to the roster until they have injuries and need the depth.

stuckincincy
08-05-2014, 10:50 AM
The effort by Cohen last night was noticeable, does he have a chance to stick ??

Possibly. The are committed to keeping tweeeners Lawson and Hughes at DE. Neither one can flex inside.

GingerP
08-05-2014, 10:50 AM
It was just the HOF game, but he did stand out. Seems like a perfect candidate for the PS. He's got time to develop and grow. No need to force him on to the roster until they have injuries and need the depth.

He isn't PS-eligible. He has been cut like 10 times by like 8 different teams. The guy the definition of fringe journeyman. He is going to look good against rookies and scrubs because he is 28 years old and has been around the NFL since 2008. He may play hard, but he isn't good enough. If he was, he would have stuck somewhere long before now. It isn't like he is going to become something he hasn't been before after all times he has had chances to make teams.

stuckincincy
08-05-2014, 11:03 AM
He isn't PS-eligible. He has been cut like 10 times by like 8 different teams. The guy the definition of fringe journeyman. He is going to look good against rookies and scrubs because he is 28 years old and has been around the NFL since 2008. He may play hard, but he isn't good enough. If he was, he would have stuck somewhere long before now. It isn't like he is going to become something he hasn't been before after all times he has had chances to make teams.

What else do they have? I posted here for a couple of years that Pat Sims would be a decent DT addition. Cheap as cheap can be at the time. Numerous other players, too.

Forget the players - the Bills' management ineptitude could be the subject of a book. A study in egotism.

Skooby
08-05-2014, 11:05 AM

Whoa, I didn't realize all of that.

Ed
08-05-2014, 11:48 AM
That's good to know. Never mind then. I was under the impression that he was an undrafted rookie.

ServoBillieves
08-05-2014, 12:14 PM
As I stated in another thread, he was a man amongst boys in the 3rd/4th string ranks. BUT, if he can do even half of what he did against those scrubs against real competition then I'd say good depth, let's keep him.

Skooby
08-05-2014, 01:08 PM
As I stated in another thread, he was a man amongst boys in the 3rd/4th string ranks. BUT, if he can do even half of what he did against those scrubs against real competition then I'd say good depth, let's keep him.

He needs to be brought up to the 2nd unit at least & then see what happens, that's logical.

stuckincincy
08-05-2014, 02:12 PM
He needs to be brought up to the 2nd unit at least & then see what happens, that's logical.

What's logical is working the waiver wire since they have been near the top of it for years, or dumping marginal players and raiding the practice squads of fat clubs in the last few games during another one of their losing seasons.

They have had the worst management crew ever, for so many years. How is it possible to be on the outs for so many years?

justasportsfan
08-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Cohen is HOF material. Only reason why he is a journeyman is because he likes to travel.

Skooby
08-06-2014, 11:43 AM
DL Landon Cohen rotated in for Kyle Williams with the starting unit on Tuesday.

Skooby
08-09-2014, 11:51 PM
Cohen looked great again, it's going to be real hard to keep him off the field based on his play.

better days
08-10-2014, 04:57 AM
Cohen looked great again, it's going to be real hard to keep him off the field based on his play.

I think you should have said it's going to be real hard to keep him off the final roster based on his play. but so far so good.

Let's see more of him against Pitt. & against the #1's for a series or two.

Night Train
08-10-2014, 06:21 AM
He's a keeper, little doubt. His arm over swim move to penetrate the backfield is obvious, when it succeeds so often.

Goobylal
08-10-2014, 09:42 AM
I didn't notice him, but on the strip sack, he was playing DE. That increases his value as he can play inside or out.

Skooby
08-16-2014, 07:54 PM
Another opportune play for him.

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Nice play.

Iwish he just put his head down and run straight to the goal line rather than slant and look back.