PDA

View Full Version : EJ Manuel has long way to go, and 5 observations from Bills-Giants in Hall of Fame Ga

Fletch
08-04-2014, 09:06 AM
http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/08/ej_manuel_has_a_long_way_to_go.html

I completely agree on what he said about Henderson.

As to Watkins he said this:

Those who tuned in for the Sammy Watkins show on Sunday left disappointed. The rookie sensation who has dominated early in training camp was held without a catch despite being targeted three times. Giants cornerback Prince Amukamara frustrated Watkins with press coverage.

I didn't notice, but if this is true, then it could make for an even longer season if Watkins doesn't get that sorted out. The expectations, while unreasonable, are still there for him.

Everyone seems to think that he's a shoe-in to shake defenders easily, but against the best DBs he'll ever have faced, I'm not as confident. Amukamara is very good, but there are some better ones that he'll face too.

BuffaloRedleg
08-04-2014, 09:17 AM
The salavating over the opportunity to say i told you so about Watkins continues.

better days
08-04-2014, 09:21 AM
While targeted 3 times, two of the three balls EJ threw to Watkins were batted down at the line of scrimmage.

I don't care how good a receiver is, it is tough to catch a ball that was batted down when you are down field.

justasportsfan
08-04-2014, 09:21 AM
Eh. It's Watkins' first taste of the NFL. 4 more preseason games to get ready. I actually think Woods could have a bigger impact than Watkins since EJ is more familiar with him.

better days
08-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Eh. It's Watkins' first taste of the NFL. 4 more preseason games to get ready. I actually think Woods could have a bigger impact than Watkins since EJ is more familiar with him.

I think every receiver on the team will produce if EJ can get the ball to them.

Fletch
08-04-2014, 09:24 AM
The salavating over the opportunity to say i told you so about Watkins continues.

LOL

OR, maybe the exact opposite, maybe more the realization that given everyone's statements assuring us all that Watkins was a fantastic pick, that many here will be eating crow and once again put their grand display of ignorance spread out on the table?

Not that that very thing happens every season or anything.

Which is it?

I don't care one way or the other. I'm not the one insisting that everyone's wrong like everyone is when I say that the road to this greatness re: Manuel may not come as easily as everyone likes and they all argue the point with me.

I love how you and others turn this around. I've never said that he'll suck. I've just warned and cautioned people not to set the bar too high, which when you think about it is the sane and reasonable approach. Then I'm labeled and slammed, called varying things, told that I hate the team, want them to move, etc.

Why don't you and others just get a grip and realize that maybe some of the things that other caution about here maybe actually do have some veracity!

Seriously, is that so difficult to do? If it is, perhaps some introspection as to why might be a good thing.

Fletch
08-04-2014, 09:27 AM

Do you think that that's why people like that author write these pieces, so that they can say "see I told you so?"

There's a lot of emotional immaturity here and some borderline mental illness.

YardRat
08-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Kid's a student, hard-worker, and committed. If he did have trouble with press last night, he'll learn from it.

Mr. Pink
08-04-2014, 02:16 PM
While targeted 3 times, two of the three balls EJ threw to Watkins were batted down at the line of scrimmage.

I don't care how good a receiver is, it is tough to catch a ball that was batted down when you are down field.

And the third he was overthrown by about 7 yards.

notacon
08-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Exhibition games are useless in determining what a team, or player is going to perform during the regular season.

kishoph
08-05-2014, 03:25 AM
Do you think that that's why people like that author write these pieces, so that they can say "see I told you so?"

There's a lot of emotional immaturity here and some borderline mental illness.

Not only do I think that, but I also think that's why people like you post some of the stuff that you post.

And the third he was overthrown by about 7 yards.

7 yards ? Not even 7 feet, but thank you for playing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/kishoph/Image1-3.png

Night Train
08-05-2014, 04:06 AM