PDA

View Full Version : Would this message board still exist if the Bills move to Toronto?

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2014, 02:41 PM
I mean who would still care about the team at that point?

I would hope they lose every game they ever played.

Just all these ownership threads had me thinking of this.

Parzival
08-04-2014, 02:44 PM
I'd probably stop watching the NFL all together.

Yasgur's Farm
08-04-2014, 02:48 PM
We'd end up with the argos CFL franchise and rename them the Buffalo Bills.... So maybe this MB would continue.

BertSquirtgum
08-04-2014, 02:55 PM

I'd become a Browns fan and would hate the Bills like I hate the Patriots if they moved.

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-04-2014, 02:57 PM
I'd become a Browns fan and would hate the Bills like I hate the Patriots if they moved.

so i guess you're a lot like me and love misery. lol. i'd become a Raider fan and would hate the Bills if they moved.

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2014, 02:58 PM
I would also be done with NFL.

Just wondering about the rest of you peeps.

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2014, 03:08 PM
We'd end up with the argos CFL franchise and rename them the Buffalo Bills.... So maybe this MB would continue.

Probably not the Argos but maybe an expansion team. Either way I wouldn't give 2 ****s about a CFL team.

Night Train
08-04-2014, 03:09 PM
I'd only watch Saturday (college) football and recorded replays of college games I couldn't get to on Sundays.

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Yeah I would definitely get more into college for sure!

JoeMama
08-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Football isn't compelling enough for me to watch it without a team that I love.

I don't watch the Bills because I love football. I watch the Bills because I love the Bills. The sport itself leaves a lot to be desired. There's only like 15 minutes of action and it's interrupted every 5 minutes with an endless parade of commercials. If I wasn't raised a Bills fan, I'd seriously have zero interest in the NFL. I can't even remember the last Superbowl I watched. It's boring as hell without an emotional attachment involved.

So if some new owner robs me of my Sunday afternoons with my favorite team, I'll just make Saturday night boxing my new favorite sports day of the week like I do every offseason.

trapezeus
08-04-2014, 03:38 PM
i'd be out.

gebobs
08-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Football isn't compelling enough for me to watch it without a team that I love.

I don't watch the Bills because I love football. I watch the Bills because I love the Bills. The sport itself leaves a lot to be desired. There's only like 15 minutes of action and it's interrupted every 5 minutes with an endless parade of commercials.

Right on JM. If and when the Bills move, I'm done. Like you, I watch them because I love the team. In my opinion, football is less a sport now than a spectacle. And it's getting worse the older I get.

Remember when there actually was in-game commentary? It's practically extinct. Every chance they get, they cut away for another commercial. One of these days I am going to take a stop watch and see what the breakdown is between game and promotion (this includes when they return to the broadcast and the announcers are pimping Survivor or The Voice).

I can't even remember the last Superbowl I watched. It's boring as hell without an emotional attachment involved.

Nothing grinds my gears like watching that game and half the people are more interested in the damned commercials than the game.

So if some new owner robs me of my Sunday afternoons with my favorite team, I'll just make Saturday night boxing my new favorite sports day of the week like I do every offseason.
I'll always have hockey.

I hope.

SpikedLemonade
08-04-2014, 03:50 PM
That's nothing.

I would shave my head, take a vow of silence, move to Tibet and become a monk.

I love these types of posts.

As if you would replace watching football altogether if Buffalo moved.

Think of all the time it frees to enjoy the sights of beautiful Buffalo.

gebobs
08-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Don't be such a douchenozzle ok?

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2014, 03:57 PM
That's nothing.

Just being honest man. You can be a douche about if you want. I was just thinking of what would happen to this place with all these possible move scenarios. I wouldn't be done with football as I mentioned above. I would focus on college football, which I have been getting into more and more the past couple of seasons.

You are right I might not end up completely swearing off the NFL but I feel like I would because I would be so furious.

Even if I didn't my question was more to do with this particular message board. I certainly would despise the Bills(whatever they are named) with all my heart. Just wondering what would happen to this place is all.

SpikedLemonade
08-04-2014, 03:58 PM
The truth is that we would all continue to watch NFL football to some degree.

What is the alternative -- join a third bowling fall league?

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2014, 03:59 PM

My question was about the message board though. Would it just become an NFL message board or something?

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2014, 04:01 PM

Bowling league. HAAAA

Woodman
08-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Yes this message board would still exist.

SpikedLemonade
08-04-2014, 04:41 PM
My question was about the message board though. Would it just become an NFL message board or something?

Sort of like a jilted lovers board.

Don't worry. The Bills are not going anywhere any time soon.

As long as Bills fans are prepared to pay higher prices for a similar product, it will give the new owner enough of a positive to push for free public money for a new stadium. It would be good to see corporations in the Buffalo area do their part by buying suites.

I never thought the Bills would leave now but I do have my doubts about a new owner putting in $350M or more of his own money to build a stadium in Buffalo. If I say more, I offend those that live there.

That will be the issue over the next 6 years.

Then again I can see the Ralph continue to used by the Bills beyond 2022 regardless of the NFL's wish for a new stadium. Basically, a franchise frozen in time just like the city.

BertSquirtgum
08-04-2014, 05:25 PM
That's nothing.

It would definitely give me a lot more time to go to Canada and beat up Canadians like I used to when I was young.

The Jokeman
08-04-2014, 06:02 PM

I'm sure it would but it might be controlled by someone else besides Lecter, The King etc. Heck maybe they'll sell the rights to hammerbillsfan or Great Northern or some of our Canadian brothers.

Dude
08-05-2014, 06:19 AM
There's more stuff here than just a Bills forum. But it would be tough without them.

Fletch
08-05-2014, 06:34 AM

**** YOU!!!

You hate the team and just want to see it move.

The team's not moving!!!

JK

Sorry about that, but that would have been the response had I or a few others had posted this. I lost myself for a moment and was absorbed in sponsored Billszone "etiquette."

JoeMama
08-05-2014, 06:43 AM
There's more stuff here than just a Bills forum. But it would be tough without them.

The BBZ section of this forum would be a dead zone.

I mean, what would we talk about?

"Hey, remember that time we had a football team? That sure was fun."

"Ya, miss those guys! :("

The most entertaining thing you'd have is maybe some open letter suicide notes from a few jaded Bills fans.

But other than that, you'd hear crickets chirping.

The Spin Zone might still see some traffic though. People love *****ing about politics.

Sabres section too.

THATHURMANATOR
08-05-2014, 07:29 AM
**** YOU!!!

You hate the team and just want to see it move.

The team's not moving!!!

JK

Sorry about that, but that would have been the response had I or a few others had posted this. I lost myself for a moment and was absorbed in sponsored Billszone "etiquette."

HAHA

No problem man!!!

I am really not sure what will happen with the team but figured this might be an interesting topic.

- - - Updated - - -

The BBZ section of this forum would be a dead zone.

I mean, what would we talk about?

"Hey, remember that time we had a football team? That sure was fun."

"Ya, miss those guys! :("

The most entertaining thing you'd have is maybe some open letter suicide notes from a few jaded Bills fans.

But other than that, you'd hear crickets chirping.

The Spin Zone might still see some traffic though. People love *****ing about politics.

Sabres section too.

Maybe just turn into a Sabres board with an NFL sub section.

The SABRES ZONE!

THATHURMANATOR
08-05-2014, 07:30 AM

True Dude.

It would be a shame to see it go away.

Bill Cody
08-05-2014, 08:33 AM
I would be mostly done with the NFL, watch the occasional game

Historian
08-05-2014, 08:36 AM
I'd root for the Bucs or Browns if they were on national tv, but I would probably care less and focus more on hockey.

The last buffalo fan
08-05-2014, 10:04 AM
La respuesta es: Si.

En lugar de Zona de Los Bills, siempre podemos tener clases de cocina o de tejido en Español, para elevar la popularidad y atraer mas gente al sitio, asi de fácil. Por favor no te preocupes, mi buen amigo Thurm.

gebobs
08-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Speak for yourself. I at least have a track record. I haven't followed the NBA since the Braves split the team between the Celtics and the Clippers.

HHURRICANE
08-05-2014, 10:12 AM

HHURRICANE
08-05-2014, 10:16 AM
I equate the Bills moving to Toronto as the same as the Braves becoming the Clippers.

It would be over for me at that point.

With that said I am extremely encouraged that this scenario is becoming very unlikely.

If you look at the national reaction to this past weekend it would be hard for someone to pull this team out of Buffalo.

THATHURMANATOR
08-05-2014, 10:27 AM
La respuesta es: Si.

En lugar de Zona de Los Bills, siempre podemos tener clases de cocina o de tejido en Español, para elevar la popularidad y atraer mas gente al sitio, asi de fácil. Por favor no te preocupes, mi buen amigo Thurm.

EXACTLY!!!! :bf1:

tatersalad
08-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Id root for whoever was on my fantasy football team

BertSquirtgum
08-05-2014, 05:18 PM
I equate the Bills moving to Toronto as the same as the Braves becoming the Clippers.

It would be over for me at that point.

With that said I am extremely encouraged that this scenario is becoming very unlikely.

If you look at the national reaction to this past weekend it would be hard for someone to pull this team out of Buffalo.

First posts in 4 years.

swiper
08-05-2014, 05:49 PM
coastal already has his 49ers.

Homegrown
08-05-2014, 07:19 PM
That is one Existentialist question .....