Would this message board still exist if the Bills move to Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Would this message board still exist if the Bills move to Toronto?

I mean who would still care about the team at that point?

I would hope they lose every game they ever played.

Just all these ownership threads had me thinking of this.
  • Parzival
    This is a list: They're my demands
    • Aug 2012

Re: Would this message board still exist if the Bills move to Toronto?

I'd probably stop watching the NFL all together.
    Over thinking, over analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

We'd end up with the argos CFL franchise and rename them the Buffalo Bills.... So maybe this MB would continue.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
        I mean who would still care about the team at that point?

I would hope they lose every game they ever played.

Just all these ownership threads had me thinking of this.
        I'd become a Browns fan and would hate the Bills like I hate the Patriots if they moved.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
          I'd become a Browns fan and would hate the Bills like I hate the Patriots if they moved.
          so i guess you're a lot like me and love misery. lol. i'd become a Raider fan and would hate the Bills if they moved.
          I came.
          I saw.
          I conquered.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

I would also be done with NFL.

Just wondering about the rest of you peeps.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
              We'd end up with the argos CFL franchise and rename them the Buffalo Bills.... So maybe this MB would continue.
              Probably not the Argos but maybe an expansion team. Either way I wouldn't give 2 ****s about a CFL team.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

I'd only watch Saturday (college) football and recorded replays of college games I couldn't get to on Sundays.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Yeah I would definitely get more into college for sure!

Comment

• JoeMama
                    Emotion Sickness
                    • Oct 2002

Football isn't compelling enough for me to watch it without a team that I love.

I don't watch the Bills because I love football. I watch the Bills because I love the Bills. The sport itself leaves a lot to be desired. There's only like 15 minutes of action and it's interrupted every 5 minutes with an endless parade of commercials. If I wasn't raised a Bills fan, I'd seriously have zero interest in the NFL. I can't even remember the last Superbowl I watched. It's boring as hell without an emotional attachment involved.

So if some new owner robs me of my Sunday afternoons with my favorite team, I'll just make Saturday night boxing my new favorite sports day of the week like I do every offseason.
                    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

i'd be out.

Comment

• gebobs
                        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                        Football isn't compelling enough for me to watch it without a team that I love.

I don't watch the Bills because I love football. I watch the Bills because I love the Bills. The sport itself leaves a lot to be desired. There's only like 15 minutes of action and it's interrupted every 5 minutes with an endless parade of commercials.
                        Right on JM. If and when the Bills move, I'm done. Like you, I watch them because I love the team. In my opinion, football is less a sport now than a spectacle. And it's getting worse the older I get.

Remember when there actually was in-game commentary? It's practically extinct. Every chance they get, they cut away for another commercial. One of these days I am going to take a stop watch and see what the breakdown is between game and promotion (this includes when they return to the broadcast and the announcers are pimping Survivor or The Voice).

I can't even remember the last Superbowl I watched. It's boring as hell without an emotional attachment involved.
                        Nothing grinds my gears like watching that game and half the people are more interested in the damned commercials than the game.

So if some new owner robs me of my Sunday afternoons with my favorite team, I'll just make Saturday night boxing my new favorite sports day of the week like I do every offseason.
                        I'll always have hockey.

I hope.
                        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                          • Jun 2024

That's nothing.

I would shave my head, take a vow of silence, move to Tibet and become a monk.

I love these types of posts.

As if you would replace watching football altogether if Buffalo moved.

Think of all the time it frees to enjoy the sights of beautiful Buffalo.

Comment

• gebobs
                            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                            • Sep 2003

Don't be such a douchenozzle ok?
                            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                              That's nothing.

I would shave my head, take a vow of silence, move to Tibet and become a monk.

I love these types of posts.

As if you would replace watching football altogether if Buffalo moved.

Think of all the time it frees to enjoy the sights of beautiful Buffalo.
                              Just being honest man. You can be a douche about if you want. I was just thinking of what would happen to this place with all these possible move scenarios. I wouldn't be done with football as I mentioned above. I would focus on college football, which I have been getting into more and more the past couple of seasons.

You are right I might not end up completely swearing off the NFL but I feel like I would because I would be so furious.

Even if I didn't my question was more to do with this particular message board. I certainly would despise the Bills(whatever they are named) with all my heart. Just wondering what would happen to this place is all.

Comment

Working...
                              X