PDA

View Full Version : Will there be any animosity for the Canadians fans coming to the home games ?

Skooby
08-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Seeing the love for anything Canadian or JBJ related has ended with the takeover attempt, will there be any animosity towards those fans ?

SpikedLemonade
08-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Good thread.

I hope if there is any animosity, Canadians feel it and don't come to games.

As Brandon said, "stress test" the local market for Bills tickets.

jimmifli
08-04-2014, 08:13 PM
The huge majority of Canadians that attend games don't want a corporate, spiritless, no-tailgate game day experience, that's why they come to games in Buffalo.

I can't imagine why there would be animosity aimed at them.

BertSquirtgum
08-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Good thread.

I hope if there is any animosity, Canadians feel it and don't come to games.

As Brandon said, "stress test" the local market for Bills tickets.

You're right we don't need those stupid Canadians wearing their opposing team jerseys at the Bills games. **** them

Skooby
08-04-2014, 08:24 PM
The huge majority of Canadians that attend games don't want a corporate, spiritless, no-tailgate game day experience, that's why they come to games in Buffalo.

I can't imagine why there would be animosity aimed at them.

Think about many people loaded with alcohol & a general disdain for outsiders trying to take the team away from Buffalo. It's been a battle cry now that the "friendly" relations of the Rogers group intents have been revealed. No sane person buys the we're committed to Buffalo letters and claims by JBJ, heck even Trump's for profit business motto would be suspect to the highest bidder based on the future ability to move the team. Toronto's attempt to life the team from the area is well documented & their stadium feasability studies weren't conducted anywhere near WNY, let's get serious here.

Think there might be a few signs at the pre-season home games reflecting that as well ? I would safely assume so, heck even Andre Reed in his own HOF speech made references to that being the case.

BertSquirtgum
08-04-2014, 08:24 PM
I would rather it be a real fan of the opposing team from out of state not some ignorant Canadian just there to **** off.

SpikedLemonade
08-04-2014, 08:28 PM
I would rather it be a real fan of the opposing team from out of state not some ignorant Canadian just there to **** off.

Maybe Rochester can build a high speed train from the abandoned ferry terminal directly to the Ralph.

Call it the **** Stain Express.

Skooby
08-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Maybe Rochester can build a high speed train from the abandoned ferry terminal directly to the Ralph.

Are you calling our bus route or Amtrak that ??

SpikedLemonade
08-04-2014, 08:35 PM
Are you calling our bus route or Amtrak that ??

Racing Stripes Coach

BertSquirtgum
08-04-2014, 09:33 PM

I find it hilarious that you think the Canadians are the ones who kept this team afloat for so long. Extremely amusing. More proof of the male Canadian arrogance that their women hate so much.

Buffalo Thriller
08-05-2014, 12:54 AM
Never trust anyone who frequently says, "aye?" Or aboot. Blame Canada!

YardRat
08-05-2014, 05:21 AM
LOL...even the Canadian's pride and joy of professional sports, the NHL, would be minor league pond hockey without the United States.

You're welcome.

trapezeus
08-05-2014, 07:29 AM
i think canadian bills fans are just that. bills fans. they want the team to stay as much as a buffalonian. I don't think we should see it as a threat or that they feel threatened by "buffalo-based" bills fans.

only a troll like spike would see some huge difference between canadian bills fans and buffalo-based bills fans.

THATHURMANATOR
08-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Seeing the love for anything Canadian or JBJ related has ended with the takeover attempt, will there be any animosity towards those fans ?

Not from me. The people that come to games from Canada, for the most part, wouldn't want the team to move. I sit right by a bunch. All good dudes.

THATHURMANATOR
08-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Does Spiked really hate Buffalo this badly or is he just trying to get a rise out of people?

Just wondering. He seems very hateful and very hurtful lately. We did we sweet citizens of a **** stain do to deserve? :(

mightysimi
08-05-2014, 07:48 AM
That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard here in a while. Because JBJ is associated with MLSE and Rogers that are based in Canada that every Canadian would want the team to move there. I, for one, wouldn't want to move the team anywhere. Even as was pointed out in the America **** yeah! section of this thread, the NHL has grown in the US. The one thing the NHL is deep in is tradition. I can't speak for everyone but most Canadians I know respect the tradition and history of the Buffalo Bills and wouldn't want the team to move. Also, an American calling Canadians arrogant? That is about the biggest example of the pot calling the kettle black in the history of the world.

The King
08-05-2014, 07:48 AM
I think to be a fan of the Bills you really are a fan of the Buffalo Bills. There's something about the Bills fans, Ralph Wilson Stadium and the experience of attending a game there.

I'm not local, I have no ties to Buffalo other than the football team so in theory if the team moves it shouldn't effect me either way. But it does. It's a package it's the fans and the passion that make the Bills special not the logo on the helmet. If you're a fan of the team and you live on the other side of the border I would assume you would feel the same.

THATHURMANATOR
08-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Good Post King.

You feel this way even though we are all stained with poo poo?

The King
08-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Good Post King.

You feel this way even though we are all stained with poo poo?

Every time I look at the Patriots record I say to myself… why am I fan of the Bills? It seems I like to torture myself. So yes, poo poo and all. I'm knee deep in Red White and Poo (Blue).

THATHURMANATOR
08-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Every team I look at the Patriots record I say to myself… why am I fan of the Bills? It seems I like to torture myself. So yes, poo poo and all. I'm knee deep in Red White and Poo (Blue).

YAYYYYYYY US!!! :bf1: :thurm: :hi5: :king:

Skooby
08-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Does Spiked really hate Buffalo this badly or is he just trying to get a rise out of people?

Just wondering. He seems very hateful and very hurtful lately. We did we sweet citizens of a **** stain do to deserve? :(

It seems he's holding some animosity towards us, Pegula effect maybe ??

THATHURMANATOR
08-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Maybe Mitch.

Doesn't make sense really. He can even want the team to move to Toronto but why be so hurtful?

SpikedLemonade
08-05-2014, 08:37 AM
It seems he's holding some animosity towards us, Pegula effect maybe ??

I hold none.

Just reacting to all the positive thoughts towards Canadians by the usual cavemen down there.

I have said thousand of times I want the Bills to stay in Buffalo.

If Toronto gets a team, let it be some other team.

THATHURMANATOR
08-05-2014, 08:42 AM
I hold none.

Just reacting to all the positive thoughts towards Canadians by the usual cavemen down there.

I have said thousand of times I want the Bills to stay in Buffalo.

If Toronto gets a team, let it be some other team.

Fair enough man.

Why don't we all just grow up on both sides.

I for one LOVE Canada. Niagara Falls/Toronto are 2 of my favorite places to visit on a day trip or a weekend.

In fact I am going to be in Toronto the Sunday of Labor day weekend to catch the Yankees.

Why don't we stop with all the back and forth. None of us know anything for sure on possible ownership.

:buddies:

Albany,n.y.
08-05-2014, 08:50 AM
If a Canadian goes to RWS wearing a uniform like shirt that says Toronto Bills on the front & has Bon Jovi as the name and the number 1 on the back, he might get some flack. Otherwise NO.

THATHURMANATOR
08-05-2014, 08:53 AM
If a Canadian goes to RWS wearing a uniform like shirt that says Toronto Bills on the front & has Bon Jovi as the name and the number 1 on the back, he might get some flack. Otherwise NO.

True but at that point wouldn't someone does that be looking for trouble?

If any fan gets flack outside openly looking for it then Bills fans should be ashamed.

JoeMama
08-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Wait, why the hell would we hassle Canadian Bills fans?

If you're wearing Buffalo blue & red, we're brothers in arms. Not enemies. That should go without saying.

Ain't their fault if Bon ****** Jovi and his misbegotten ilk want to snake our franchise.

We should be taking shots from a bowling ball with them, not taking shots at them.

THATHURMANATOR
08-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Exactly Joemama

Like I mentioned I sit right by a whole crew of Canadian guys at the games and they are hilarious.

In my old seats the whole row in front of me were from Guelph. They wore the opposing team's jersey's to every game and Young Thurm didn't take too kindly to that at first but after a year or so I had them coming to my tailgate. Also great guys!

Skooby
08-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Wait, why the hell would we hassle Canadian Bills fans?

If you're wearing Buffalo blue & red, we're brothers in arms. Not enemies. That should go without saying.

Ain't their fault if Bon ****** Jovi and his misbegotten ilk want to snake our franchise.

We should be taking shots from a bowling ball with them, not taking shots at them.

If one Canadian even mentions JBJ, they need a beating. I don't care if they're dipped in blue, make them black & blue.

stuckincincy
08-05-2014, 09:47 AM

Other than drunk and/or drugged people posting on fan sites...none.

Skooby
08-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Other than drunk and/or drugged people posting on fan sites...none.

I'll save this nugget for the season.