PDA

View Full Version : Marrone short with media

The King
08-06-2014, 08:01 AM
Anyone see Marrone's presser from yesterday? He seems pissed. Hopefully it carries down to the players and it's not just with the media.
He made one of the reporters so uncomfortable they started stuttering.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Doug-Marrone-Tuesday-Press-Conference/75c90066-de9f-4972-9fba-21bcde001074

SpikedLemonade
08-06-2014, 08:05 AM
I see a frustrating year ahead for Marrone.

THATHURMANATOR
08-06-2014, 08:10 AM
I blew up Howard and Jeremy on twitter about being babies about it. @coreyb3p

JoeMama
08-06-2014, 08:12 AM
If my job security hinged on EJ Manuel's performance, I'd be short tempered too.

The King
08-06-2014, 08:20 AM
I blew up Howard and Jeremy on twitter about being babies about it. @coreyb3p
I don't know who that is.

Skooby
08-06-2014, 08:20 AM
If my job security hinged on EJ Manuel's performance, I'd be short tempered too.

They bet on a horse that's never run & has been hurt 3 different times, talk about pressure. I'd be sweating bullets.

DesertFox24
08-06-2014, 08:27 AM
Sal from Democrate and Chronicle said Marrone was an embarrasment to the franchise so I got on him. I said he is not embarrasing the franchise he is frustrating you and making your job tough. Bill Belichek has done this since day one in Cleveland and the pats do not say he is an embarrasment.

I agree I would like a little more transparency, but the 31 other teams read the stuff he says as well just like we do on them.

THATHURMANATOR
08-06-2014, 09:24 AM
I don't know who that is.

WGR 550 morning show hosts.

Historian
08-06-2014, 09:26 AM
LOL...Even the media is starved for a winner to write about...

better days
08-06-2014, 09:29 AM
I like the fact Marrone won't take crap from the Media.

I have heard enough of "well it's hard to win in the NFL".

coastal
08-06-2014, 09:30 AM
I like Marrone. The only thing I question at this point is him keeping the ST coach.

i think we finally have a good head coach, but EJ is an issue for him right now,

I don't think they will be very patient EJ this year. If they are and EJ tanks... it will cost Marrone his job

justasportsfan
08-06-2014, 09:40 AM
this
I like Marrone. The only thing I question at this point is him keeping the ST coach.

i think we finally have a good head coach, but EJ is an issue for him right now,

I don't think they will be very patient EJ this year. If they are and EJ tanks... it will cost Marrone his job

Night Train
08-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Marrone trusted Brandon and Whaley when they endorsed Manuel. Maybe that and the OL shuffling has him a bit on edge these days. He may be thinking Tuel should get some 1st team reps and is getting resistance from his bosses.

That's just me and my tin foil hat talking ...but it's a message board, so what the hell. The O has too many good skill players to be sputtering and the QB has to get them the ball.

better days
08-06-2014, 10:21 AM

WOW, we are in total agreement.

coastal
08-06-2014, 10:23 AM
WOW, we are in total agreement.
Go log into one of your other accounts. The swing will do you good.

Mahdi
08-06-2014, 10:25 AM

I think Marrone is a bit "in over his head"

He has a young QB who doesn't have the qualities needed for his offense it seems. Plus he has an OL with holes all over it and young kids backing up those holes. He is an offensive mind and his offense looks like it will sputter with big time weapons all over it.

Not sure why he is being that way with the media, makes him look foolish as he has proven nothing yet.

Meathead
08-06-2014, 10:27 AM
sal overreacting. shocking

still, i dont think marrone should be out there acting like hes fed up with the reporters. even if he is, you just answer the questions like a professional. if youre tired of the same questions just say that, dont act like youre king **** scolding little kids. id like to see him successful here so he doesnt need to media to turn on him prematurely

better days
08-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Go log into one of your other accounts. The swing will do you good.

Unlike you, this is my only account.

Thief
08-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Wow. That was interesting.

coastal
08-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Unlike you, this is my only account.
Said gibby to nwf.

DesertFox24
08-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Said gibby to nwf.

I hope Marrone and Whaley get at least one more year.

For the first time in forever I actually think the bills have a legit coach that others wanted.

coastal
08-06-2014, 11:18 AM
I hope Marrone and Whaley get at least one more year.

For the first time in forever I actually think the bills have a legit coach that others wanted.
I agree about Marrone. Whaley I'm not sure about.

he seems desperate to a fault.

SpikedLemonade
08-06-2014, 11:27 AM
I don't see the OC survives beyond this year if our O stinks again.

DesertFox24
08-06-2014, 11:27 AM
I agree about Marrone. Whaley I'm not sure about.

he seems desperate to a fault.

Well I really have liked the draft picks the past two years, and I like the type of football they are trying to implement. Whaley has a say in that and should get credit because he did have a say in hiring Marrone.

I guess the part that I am confused by is who gets blame credit for EJ success failure. Techincally it was Nix, but it really was Whaley. I think we all know Whaley ran the 2013 draft, the trade for Jerry Hughes (was great), some of his other pickups have been very solid. To date he has not missed terribly in Free Agency yet, YET.

That and the fact that Whaley was asked to be interviewed for a GM position tells me that people recognize he has some talent. Like I said for the first time in lord knows when we actually have a GM and Head Coach that some of the other 31 teams had legitimate interest in.

Albany,n.y.
08-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Well I really have liked the draft picks the past two years, and I like the type of football they are trying to implement. Whaley has a say in that and should get credit because he did have a say in hiring Marrone.

I guess the part that I am confused by is who gets blame credit for EJ success failure. Techincally it was Nix, but it really was Whaley. I think we all know Whaley ran the 2013 draft, the trade for Jerry Hughes (was great), some of his other pickups have been very solid. To date he has not missed terribly in Free Agency yet, YET.

That and the fact that Whaley was asked to be interviewed for a GM position tells me that people recognize he has some talent. Like I said for the first time in lord knows when we actually have a GM and Head Coach that some of the other 31 teams had legitimate interest in.
It was Buddy Nix who put the Bills in a position where they had to take their top rated QB in the 1st round of the 2013 draft by having too much faith in Fitzpatrick and never drafting a QB early in some QB rich drafts (not that he would have chosen the right one anyway). 2013 was rated as a poor QB draft but Buddy's lack of action backed everyone into a corner. If Manuel fails the Bills have few options since they have no #1 pick.
Even though he's only a caretaker, the Bills probably would have been better off trading a 2nd rounder for Alex Smith & if he becomes an UFA, they may have to sign him next year if they have any hopes of winning in 2015 since there won't be any better veterans out there.

Jeff1220
08-06-2014, 12:18 PM
It was Buddy Nix who put the Bills in a position where they had to take their top rated QB in the 1st round of the 2013 draft by having too much faith in Fitzpatrick and never drafting a QB early in some QB rich drafts (not that he would have chosen the right one anyway). 2013 was rated as a poor QB draft but Buddy's lack of action backed everyone into a corner. If Manuel fails the Bills have few options since they have no #1 pick.
Even though he's only a caretaker, the Bills probably would have been better off trading a 2nd rounder for Alex Smith & if he becomes an UFA, they may have to sign him next year if they have any hopes of winning in 2015 since there won't be any better veterans out there.

Getting any sort of QB alternative to Fitz was a mistake and Marrone/Whaley made the same mistake this offseason. I hope Manuel miraculously turns out to be the QB we've been waiting for, but if he isn't Tuel/Lewis are not going to get it done either.