PDA

View Full Version : Woods taken behind the wood shed?

stuckincincy
08-07-2014, 03:21 AM
Marrone wants Woods playing with a chip on shoulder
By Kevin Patra Around the League writer Published: Aug. 6, 2014 at 06:49 p.m. Updated: Aug. 6, 2014 at 08:45 p.m.

"Robert Woods not taking snaps with the Buffalo Bills' first-team offense turned out to be one of the more surprising aspects of Sunday's Hall of Fame Game. Three days after Woods exclusively played with the backups, coach Doug Marrone pulled aside the second-year receiver to discuss the matter.

Apparently, the coaches were trying to motivate Woods.

"We know Robert can play three positions for us. We're just trying to figure out what's the best combination that we have out there," Marrone said Wednesday, per ESPN.com's Mike Rodak. "When Robert first came to camp, he didn't do that. Not to say he was complacent or not, but I told Robert today, when he plays with that little chip on his shoulder, he's a darn good football player."...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000374851/article/marrone-wants-woods-playing-with-a-chip-on-shoulder

Night Train
08-07-2014, 03:29 AM
Next up...Manuel.

The King
08-07-2014, 07:09 AM
Woods literally punches people in the face. He's plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Ingtar33
08-07-2014, 10:17 AM
yes.. lets pick out the lone dependable lineman on our OL... and embarrass him. I mean vets never take it easy in training camp... right?

they're picking on the wrong player. they should be in EJ's grill.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-07-2014, 10:22 AM
yes.. lets pick out the lone dependable lineman on our OL... and embarrass him. I mean vets never take it easy in training camp... right?

Woods, the Wide Receiver

ServoBillieves
08-07-2014, 10:29 AM

That's unfortunate...

Albany,n.y.
08-07-2014, 10:36 AM
Next up...Manuel.

Please no. EJ with a chip on his shoulder means he goes on IR.

Fletch
08-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Please no. EJ with a chip on his shoulder means he goes on IR.

The only chips that KneeJ is likely to have are bone chips in his knees.

WagonCircler
08-07-2014, 11:37 AM

Woods, the Wide Receiver

Oh, NEVER MIND.

And the best part? Good old Felch thanked the post.

Ed
08-07-2014, 12:01 PM
I don't really see the big deal with Woods taking second team reps. Considering Sammy Watkins and Mike Williams are both new to the team, it would seem important that they get more reps with EJ to work on chemistry/timing.

Either way, it sounds like Woods responded well and had a really good practice after his talk with Marrone.

DynaPaul
08-08-2014, 01:07 PM
I honestly feel like Marrone isn't going to be as nice to EJ this year. I'm not saying that he'd go as far as benching him but I can see him barking at him all game if he continues to flounder.