PDA

View Full Version : As many as 8 bidders?

swiper
08-07-2014, 04:49 AM
Thursday August 7, 2014

Eight Suitors To Reportedly Present: Tim Graham of the Buffalo News reports that as many as eight suitors for the Bills are scheduled for in person presentations in the Detroit area. Donald Trump reportedly went first yesterday. John Kryk of the Toronto Sun reports that the Bon Jovi group has re-submitted their bid to remain in the process. There are still just the three suitors known which means as many as five bidders are unknown. Names that have been bountied about as being interested in the team includes Tom Golisano, East Amherst bond investor Jeffrey Gundlach, and Dean Metropoulos. Graham noted that Russ Brandon has not been a fixture at training camp as he is involved in the presentation process.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/

LOL. Laughing now at those speculating about the IRS, lack of bidders, and the suggestion of deal-fixing.

The Buffalo Bills have begun listening to in-person presentations from prospective buyers, with as many as eight scheduled over the next three weeks, The Buffalo News has learned.Only three candidates were confirmed to have submitted non-binding initial bids by the July 29 deadline. But that date turned out to be flexible, and nobody would say for sure whether any other off-the-radar applicants had stepped forward.

A few more apparently emerged.

NFL sources have informed The News presentations will take place over the next three weeks in the Detroit area. Ralph Wilson Enterprises is based in suburban Grosse Point Shores, Mich.

Billionaire developer Donald Trump's jet was spotted in Detroit on Wednesday. A source said Trump was the first to deliver his pitch.

Another undisclosed bidder is scheduled to present today with more expected over the next two weeks.

The presentation order could not immediately be confirmed.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/08/07/sources-many-eight-bills-suitors-scheduled-person-presentations-donald-trump-went-first-wednesday/

YardRat
08-07-2014, 05:40 AM
If 5 more have shown interest after the initial non-binding stage, I'm not thinking Pegula is going to be able to adjust his bid down.

Skooby
08-07-2014, 07:17 AM
If 5 more have shown interest after the initial non-binding stage, I'm not thinking Pegula is going to be able to adjust his bid down.

It could be 5 bored tire-kickers as well.

SpikedLemonade
08-07-2014, 07:20 AM
I am not believing this.

The way Morgan Stanley has behaved by extending deadlines and allowing rebids is not consistent with there being 8 bidders.

Novacane
08-07-2014, 07:43 AM
I think spike is right. This is a ploy to keep the price up. I could see 1 maybe two secret bidders. There's now way nothing would of leaked about 5 bidders.

Mr. Miyagi
08-07-2014, 07:57 AM
I faxed my bid in from Denver. Wonder if they got it.

billsburgh
08-07-2014, 08:18 AM
now being reported on WGR that Jim Kelly is involved with one of the mystery bidders

trapezeus
08-07-2014, 08:33 AM
I faxed my bid in from Denver. Wonder if they got it.

they did. The committee was very excited to see your bid financed entirely on your 401k and second home loan and eventual reverse mortgage. you are making this very hard to make a decision.

SpikedLemonade
08-07-2014, 08:52 AM
now being reported on WGR that Jim Kelly is involved with one of the mystery bidders

Tim Graham thinks it is Jeffrey Gundlach.

Bill Cody
08-07-2014, 08:56 AM
I am not believing this.

The way Morgan Stanley has behaved by extending deadlines and allowing rebids is not consistent with there being 8 bidders.

It is consistent if the goal is to do everything possible to try to get a bidding war going with as many parties as possible. Remember even after the binding bids the bids are open which means the trust can still cry for more money from the leaders like at an auction. It was all part of Ralph's master plan to keep the Bills in Buffalo at all costs.

Typ0
08-07-2014, 09:10 AM
I would not be at all surprised if there are serious bidders who did not participate in the initial bidding. That would be very typical...

Fletch
08-07-2014, 09:24 AM
I am not believing this.

Who knows what to believe anymore. Everything we've heard is speculation and has turned out to be wrong. The bids cited aren't correct, deadlines don't really matter (then why have them), JBJ's group is out of it, the trust may be obligated to sell to the highest bidder, the trust has the authority to not sell to the highest bidder, etc.

This truly has become a media circus. How fitting. Yeah, thanks Ralph. One wrong turn here and Buffalo's going to become twice the joke that it's become in NFL circles. Why do I now see this process being dragged out due to lawsuits and the like.

It's not worth believing anything relating to this anymore until they come out with hard facts on who bought the team, or at least who's bid has been accepted per league owners' approval.

better days
08-07-2014, 09:25 AM
What we do know is the Toronto group had to give better assurances they would not move the team so whoever does bid will have to do the same & be prepared to own the BUFFALO Bills.

Fletch
08-07-2014, 09:28 AM
It is consistent if the goal is to do everything possible to try to get a bidding war going with as many parties as possible. Remember even after the binding bids the bids are open which means the trust can still cry for more money from the leaders like at an auction. It was all part of Ralph's master plan to keep the Bills in Buffalo at all costs.

How is going after the highest bid consistent with trying to keep the team in Buffalo when there are numerous other markets which make more sense financially?

Or were you being sarcastic?

If Ralph really cared about the team being here he'd have sold it to Pegula or Golisano.

- - - Updated - - -

I would not be at all surprised if there are serious bidders who did not participate in the initial bidding. That would be very typical...

So these rumored deadlines are meaningless then?

Fletch
08-07-2014, 09:31 AM
What we do know is the Toronto group had to give better assurances they would not move the team so whoever does bid will have to do the same & be prepared to own the BUFFALO Bills.

LOL

What fool bidding group goes out and publicly does stadium studies outside of the region and then after the fact attempts to play it off to never wanting to move the team. Other bidders with a desire to move the team wont' be so foolish. I'm surprised that Tannenbaum and his group were dumb enough to do that.

Bill Cody
08-07-2014, 09:43 AM
How is going after the highest bid consistent with trying to keep the team in Buffalo when there are numerous other markets which make more sense financially?

If Ralph really cared about the team being here he'd have sold it to Pegula or Golisano.

I was being ironic

ServoBillieves
08-07-2014, 10:27 AM
LOL

What fool bidding group goes out and publicly does stadium studies outside of the region and then after the fact attempts to play it off to never wanting to move the team. Other bidders with a desire to move the team wont' be so foolish. I'm surprised that Tannenbaum and his group were dumb enough to do that.

Bingo. All the Toronto refusal did was make other bidders (other than the 2 other publicly known) more wary of their "pitch", their intentions presented and their faux love for Buffalo. It's now Pegula or bust.

stuckincincy
08-07-2014, 01:37 PM
What a soap opera this has become... :mbb:

OpIv37
08-07-2014, 02:21 PM
NFL sources have informed The News presentations will take place over the next three weeks in the Detroit area. Ralph Wilson Enterprises is based in suburban Grosse Point Shores, Mich.

Grosse Point, eh? Maybe we can send John Cussack to put a hit on Bon Jovi when he's in town for the presentation.

swiper
08-07-2014, 05:44 PM

Your boy is a good looking Bills fan!

swiper
08-07-2014, 05:49 PM
What a soap opera this has become... :mbb:

It's only a soap opera if you follow the melodramatic Canadian posters and coastal's other account aka Fletch.

stuckincincy
08-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Agreed on the Gordon chirpings.

Fletch - coastal...dunno. coastal would have to become more eruidite and develop a bent for lengthy posts as well as the courtesy of posting a supporting reference link.

swiper
08-07-2014, 06:05 PM
I am prescient.

Trust me.

swiper
08-07-2014, 06:07 PM

Fletch - coastal...dunno. coastal would have to become more eruidite and develop a bent for lengthy posts as well as the courtesy of posting a supporting reference link.

Are you suggesting coastal is incapable of stringing together a couple of simple cogent thoughts to make a valid point? Hmmm.

stuckincincy
08-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Are you suggesting coastal is incapable of stringing together a couple of simple cogent thoughts to make a valid point? Hmmm.

If it will pick a fight - sure. :beer:

YardRat
08-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Who knows what to believe anymore. Everything we've heard is speculation and has turned out to be wrong. The bids cited aren't correct, deadlines don't really matter (then why have them), JBJ's group is out of it, the trust may be obligated to sell to the highest bidder, the trust has the authority to not sell to the highest bidder, etc.

This truly has become a media circus. How fitting. Yeah, thanks Ralph. One wrong turn here and Buffalo's going to become twice the joke that it's become in NFL circles. Why do I now see this process being dragged out due to lawsuits and the like.

It's not worth believing anything relating to this anymore until they come out with hard facts on who bought the team, or at least who's bid has been accepted per league owners' approval.

That's not necessarily true...one source says Pegs bid $1.3bil, another said he didn't. The first source could still be correct.

One thing we do know is true...keeping the team in Buffalo is high on the trust's priority list, as evidenced by their statement to JBJ's group regarding stronger reassurance they wouldn't move the team.

I don't see this as being a joke, or circus, at all...it really hasn't played out as big news on any national media sources that I've seen. It's been speculated from the beginning, actually reported as 'as soon as', for naming the new owner by the October owner's meetings, and we're still a full two months away from that. The trust is simply doing their job, and giving the process it's appropriate due diligence.

DetDannyWilliams
08-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Golisano has put in a bid... In addition to the three previously confirmed bidders, The News has learned former Buffalo Sabres owner Tom Golisano finally submitted a bid

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/roster-of-bills-bidders-grows-20140807

Typ0
08-07-2014, 08:50 PM

- - - Updated - - -

So these rumored deadlines are meaningless then?

Not going to go so far to say they are meaningless. It's a process. People in the process are building a relationship with the trust. The more they participate the better the relationship which increases the chance of success. That being said people can still enter the bidding process. There very well could be someone sitting on the sidelines that could come out the winner we just have to see how it plays out.

cookie G
08-07-2014, 08:50 PM

I seriously doubt Coastal is Fletch...

on the other hand, I think I found Fletch on a PFT article.

buffaloisadumpsterandtheirfansaremorons says: Aug 7, 2014 2:27 PM

Can’t wait for the Bills to move.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/07/report-bills-have-up-to-eight-suitors/

Dr. Lecter
08-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Coastal is not Fletch.

Ye gods people.

OpIv37
08-07-2014, 09:58 PM
That's not necessarily true...one source says Pegs bid $1.3bil, another said he didn't. The first source could still be correct.

The point is that there is a LOT of misinformation out there. Reports differ on whether the deadline was hard or soft, how many people bid, and how much they bid, and there really is no way to decipher which one is correct.

In reality, we don't know jack ****. Maybe the Bills are all but sold off to LA or Toronto. Maybe they are in the process of crossing T's and dotting I's on a new stadium deal that would keep the Bills in Buffalo for decades to come. Maybe they have great offers to stay and to move and they are in the process of evaluating both. Or maybe they aren't thrilled with any of the offers and are doing everything they can to generate more interest.

We won't know until the process is over.

Dr. Lecter
08-08-2014, 04:06 AM
The latest reports seem to indicate that there might be 5 bidders, with the two new ones wanting to keep the team here.

So, using the same logic Op used before, that ups the odds they stay to 75% (discounting Trump) or 80%

That is good, right?

swiper
08-08-2014, 05:09 AM
I'm going to be glad when this whole thing is over.

jamze132
08-08-2014, 06:08 AM
I'm not convinced Trump won't resell the team to make a buck in a few years.

SpikedLemonade
08-08-2014, 07:57 AM
The fact that Morgan Stanley has had to actively recruit new bidders to the process — after extending its July 29 bid deadline — has alarmed and disappointed many in that realm of the financial world, sources indicate.

News that up to five new, finalist bidders might suddenly be in the mix was met with no small amount of skepticism.

“I don’t know if it’s real. We’re in weirdo world at this point,” said one informed source close to the Bills sale process.

“It’s all crap,” another charged flatly.

Adding to the skepticism, by late Thursday rumblings began to circulate that no management meeting took place on Thursday, because an unnamed “L.A. guy” never showed up.

So, thanks largely to those informative reports out of Buffalo, your Bills-sale scorecard looked like this by late Thursday night:
Two known finalist bidders, one new bidder, one bidder in limbo (Bon Jovi/Toronto) and perhaps up to four additional, unknown bidders.

Got that?

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/toronto-group-asked-yet-again-to-clarify-non-relocation-intentions-on-wild-day-in-bills-sale-developments/

Bill Cody
08-08-2014, 08:32 AM
The point is that there is a LOT of misinformation out there. Reports differ on whether the deadline was hard or soft, how many people bid, and how much they bid, and there really is no way to decipher which one is correct.

In reality, we don't know jack ****. Maybe the Bills are all but sold off to LA or Toronto. Maybe they are in the process of crossing T's and dotting I's on a new stadium deal that would keep the Bills in Buffalo for decades to come. Maybe they have great offers to stay and to move and they are in the process of evaluating both. Or maybe they aren't thrilled with any of the offers and are doing everything they can to generate more interest.

We won't know until the process is over.

No no it's all over Wagon Circler said so

Fletch
08-08-2014, 08:46 AM
It's only a soap opera if you follow the melodramatic Canadian posters and coastal's other account aka Fletch.

That's funny, I haven't offered an "account," all I've done is to report what are coming out as facts, in contrast to the opinions of many here, such as that the trust can sell to whomever they want and not necessarily the highest bidder, and then insisting that their opinions are facts.

Here's another one of those "accounts."

Apparently from this link, and the source reportedly being Morgan Stanley, a small local bank, you may have heard of them, that's representing the trust selling the team.

Here's what it says in the piece, since I know that you struggle to read much past the first couple of sentences in anything, (must be killing your brain that you've had to read this far);

"The family is still seeking the most money, so they're still bringing people to the table," a source said of Morgan Stanley, the bank that is representing the trust selling the team following the death last spring of longtime owner Ralph Wilson.

Since you and your ilk here have some difficulties, apparently, understanding clearly written statements in simple English, two things about this.

First, note that, once again, it's been made clear to us that this teeny little tiny bank, called Morgan Stanley, is handling the sale on behalf of the trust. Read into that as you may, but it sounds to me like there isn't a whole lot of room for the trust to pick and choose which bidder it wants to win if his bid isn't the highest, which has been my opinion all along despite the fact that others of your ilk have argued vehemently with me on that at varying points throughout these ... "discussions."

Second, and oh, wait for it, unless that report is wrong, it does indeed sound as if the sale will be to the highest bidder. Why? Because I'm a Canadian wannabe? No. Because I hate the team, want them to lose, and want them to move? No. Because of some other moronic and unfounded reason levied on me simply because I attempt to look at the facts and dismiss the opinions of people such as yourself that speak without having done much research? No.

Instead, well, because a source for that small regional bank called Morgan Stanley, and their wealth of inexperience in banking and other matters, and one that's involved in handling this on behalf of the trust, told us so.

That's my "account" Swiper.

Fletch
08-08-2014, 08:49 AM
I am prescient.

Trust me.

You're a few other things too.

Trust us.

:brace:

Fletch
08-08-2014, 08:53 AM

One thing we do know is true...keeping the team in Buffalo is high on the trust's priority list, as evidenced by their statement to JBJ's group regarding stronger reassurance they wouldn't move the team.

I don't see this as being a joke, or circus, at all...it really hasn't played out as big news on any national media sources that I've seen. It's been speculated from the beginning, actually reported as 'as soon as', for naming the new owner by the October owner's meetings, and we're still a full two months away from that. The trust is simply doing their job, and giving the process it's appropriate due diligence.

Whether or not it's a circus is a subjective matter. At minimum I think that we're on the cusp of it being one and I already think that it is, in the media, which is where the circuses originate. Clearly Morgan Stanley has things under control in reality, but this thing about soft deadlines, contradictory information, and lots of it, doesn't suggest that it is not a media circus either.

My point on the facts is just that too, that every time, or almost every time anyway, we get a piece of info, at some point after that we hear the complete opposite.

So and so bid this amount. No he didn't, those figures weren't close, not accurate, etc.

The trust can sell to whomever they want. No they can't, highest bidder.

JBJ is out. No, wait, he's back in, especially if it defaults to the highest bidder.

There's more, but you get the point.

better days
08-08-2014, 08:57 AM
That's funny, I haven't offered an "account," all I've done is to report what are coming out as facts, in contrast to the opinions of many here, such as that the trust can sell to whomever they want and not necessarily the highest bidder, and then insisting that their opinions are facts.

Here's another one of those "accounts."

Apparently from this link, and the source reportedly being Morgan Stanley, a small local bank, you may have heard of them, that's representing the trust selling the team.

Here's what it says in the piece, since I know that you struggle to read much past the first couple of sentences in anything, (must be killing your brain that you've had to read this far);

"The family is still seeking the most money, so they're still bringing people to the table," a source said of Morgan Stanley, the bank that is representing the trust selling the team following the death last spring of longtime owner Ralph Wilson.

Since you and your ilk here have some difficulties, apparently, understanding clearly written statements in simple English, two things about this.

First, note that, once again, it's been made clear to us that this teeny little tiny bank, called Morgan Stanley, is handling the sale on behalf of the trust. Read into that as you may, but it sounds to me like there isn't a whole lot of room for the trust to pick and choose which bidder it wants to win if his bid isn't the highest, which has been my opinion all along despite the fact that others of your ilk have argued vehemently with me on that at varying points throughout these ... "discussions."

Second, and oh, wait for it, unless that report is wrong, it does indeed sound as if the sale will be to the highest bidder. Why? Because I'm a Canadian wannabe? No. Because I hate the team, want them to lose, and want them to move? No. Because of some other moronic and unfounded reason levied on me simply because I attempt to look at the facts and dismiss the opinions of people such as yourself that speak without having done much research? No.

Instead, well, because a source for that small regional bank called Morgan Stanley, and their wealth of inexperience in banking and other matters, and one that's involved in handling this on behalf of the trust, told us so.

That's my "account" Swiper.

Well, no doubt the trust wants the most money it can get, but it also wants assurances the new owner will not move the team either, which is the main reason the Toronto group has not been approved as of yet.

Fletch
08-08-2014, 08:58 AM
Not going to go so far to say they are meaningless. It's a process. People in the process are building a relationship with the trust. The more they participate the better the relationship which increases the chance of success. That being said people can still enter the bidding process. There very well could be someone sitting on the sidelines that could come out the winner we just have to see how it plays out.

Not sure how that addresses how the highest bidder stipulation favors the team staying in Buffalo, short of having someone (Pegula) that's willing to overpay and likely lose money on the deal, because he's a fan and wants the team to stay here, and assuming that he really would be prepared to potentially outbid what could very well be much higher offers. Of course every bidder is going to provide the schtick that they'll keep the team here, and they will, for the foreseeable future, which may not be beyond 2019.

Otherwise, I'm not sure that I necessarily share your "building a relationship" thing. This isn't China. I think that they're truly meeting for what the articles tell us is to learn more and get more details about the whole thing while presenting their intentions. I don't think that their relationship with the trust will matter. Who even says that the members of the trust are actually meeting with them at this point? I haven't read that. What I have read is that reps of Morgan Stanley are doing the meetings now.

better days
08-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Not sure how that addresses how the highest bidder stipulation favors the team staying in Buffalo, short of having someone (Pegula) that's willing to overpay and likely lose money on the deal, because he's a fan and wants the team to stay here, and assuming that he really would be prepared to potentially outbid what could very well be much higher offers. Of course every bidder is going to provide the schtick that they'll keep the team here, and they will, for the foreseeable future, which may not be beyond 2019.

Otherwise, I'm not sure that I necessarily share your "building a relationship" thing. This isn't China. I think that they're truly meeting for what the articles tell us is to learn more and get more details about the whole thing while presenting their intentions. I don't think that their relationship with the trust will matter. Who even says that the members of the trust are actually meeting with them at this point? I haven't read that. What I have read is that reps of Morgan Stanley are doing the meetings now.

The meetings are being held in the Detroit area, not NYC. It is the trust that is meeting with potential bidders.

Fletch
08-08-2014, 09:02 AM
I seriously doubt Coastal is Fletch...

on the other hand, I think I found Fletch on a PFT article.

buffaloisadumpsterandtheirfansaremorons says: Aug 7, 2014 2:27 PM

Can’t wait for the Bills to move.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/07/report-bills-have-up-to-eight-suitors/

Yeah, you got me.

:yawn:

Fletch
08-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Coastal is not Fletch.

Ye gods people.

Yes I am. I'm several other posters too.

Fletch
08-08-2014, 09:08 AM
The latest reports seem to indicate that there might be 5 bidders, with the two new ones wanting to keep the team here.

So, using the same logic Op used before, that ups the odds they stay to 75% (discounting Trump) or 80%

That is good, right?

The latest reports say up to 8 bidders. Where are you reading 5?

This is the kind of stuff that contributes to the misinformation. The last two days, maybe three or four, have been full of reports with the number of 8 as the likely number of bidders now, with 5 new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to be glad when this whole thing is over.

****, I wish it would end today.

Fletch
08-08-2014, 09:11 AM
I'm not convinced Trump won't resell the team to make a buck in a few years.

I'm not convinced that any owner won't move the team if the state doesn't come up with enough bucks, and unprecedented bucks, to build a new state of the art stadium in Buffalo costing around $1B, which is in the ballpark of the going rate to build one.

I'll believe it when we begin reading of a deal that's been signed to do exactly that.

Dr. Lecter
08-08-2014, 09:11 AM

This is the kind of stuff that contributes to the misinformation. The last two days, maybe three or four, have been full of reports with the number of 8 as the likely number of bidders now, with 5 new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Today's Buffalo News.

Right now the only two new bidders that are known are Galisano and Gundlach. The other 3 are maybes and are totally unknown

Fletch
08-08-2014, 09:12 AM
The fact that Morgan Stanley has had to actively recruit new bidders to the process — after extending its July 29 bid deadline — has alarmed and disappointed many in that realm of the financial world, sources indicate.

News that up to five new, finalist bidders might suddenly be in the mix was met with no small amount of skepticism.

“I don’t know if it’s real. We’re in weirdo world at this point,” said one informed source close to the Bills sale process.

“It’s all crap,” another charged flatly.

Adding to the skepticism, by late Thursday rumblings began to circulate that no management meeting took place on Thursday, because an unnamed “L.A. guy” never showed up.

So, thanks largely to those informative reports out of Buffalo, your Bills-sale scorecard looked like this by late Thursday night:
Two known finalist bidders, one new bidder, one bidder in limbo (Bon Jovi/Toronto) and perhaps up to four additional, unknown bidders.

Got that?

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/toronto-group-asked-yet-again-to-clarify-non-relocation-intentions-on-wild-day-in-bills-sale-developments/

And some insist that this hasn't become a media circus. LOL

better days
08-08-2014, 09:12 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Up to 8 bidders is pure speculation.

Is it 8 bidders? Or 7 bidders? Or 6 bidders? Or 5 bidders? Or 4 bidders? Or just the 3 we know about?

Or maybe the Toronto group has been eliminated & replaced by Golisono.

All speculation.

Fletch
08-08-2014, 09:13 AM
No no it's all over Wagon Circler said so

LOL

Fletch
08-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Well, no doubt the trust wants the most money it can get, but it also wants assurances the new owner will not move the team either, which is the main reason the Toronto group has not been approved as of yet.

LMAO

OK, so which is it? ... besides that fact that everyone (including JBJ now) is going to provide those assurances.

Look, if the trust says that it has to go to the highest bidder, and all it's going to take is simple statements promising to keep the team in Buffalo for some indefinite period of time, then it's going to the highest bidder.

For weeks we've been lectured by a handful of people here, who knows, maybe you were among them, insisting that the trust could sell to whomever they desired regardless of the size of the bid. Now we read something different.

Who knows, but it makes perfect sense that they sell to the highest bidder. I doubt that Mary Wilson even gives a crap about the Bills. She and her family, who we've all been briefed over the years as having no interest in the team, are going to be the biggest benificiaries in this.

Let's be real here, no one can prevent an owner from moving the team at some point down the road. No future owner is going to make this size of an investment and have his hands irrevokably tied to the economic health of WNY/Buffalo. What kind of a fool would do that. A guy like Pegula may go in knowing that making money after shelling out $1B+ for the team and another $1B or so for a new stadium is unlikely and accept that circumstances, but none are going to buy the team as an investment and guarantee that the team stay there for the next 30 years. That's only going to happen if and when a new stadium is built.

Fletch
08-08-2014, 09:25 AM
The meetings are being held in the Detroit area, not NYC. It is the trust that is meeting with potential bidders.

Numerous articles have made it clear that the original negotiations/discussions go through Morgan Stanley.

Who cares about NYC v. Detroit. That's irrelevant. MS has offices all over the world and a fleet of private aircraft.

By the way, think about that, the people claiming to be most loyal to us as Buffalo fans are on record as not caring about the team and live in Detroit, not Buffalo.

Fletch
08-08-2014, 09:27 AM
Today's Buffalo News.

Right now the only two new bidders that are known are Galisano and Gundlach. The other 3 are maybes and are totally unknown

Once again, more circus. As I've said frequently, we can't even get consistent reporting.

Also from yesterday's Buffalo News;

The Buffalo Bills' trust has begun making in-person presentations to prospective buyers, with as many as eight scheduled over the next three weeks, The Buffalo News has learned.

better days
08-08-2014, 09:28 AM
LMAO

OK, so which is it? ... besides that fact that everyone (including JBJ now) is going to provide those assurances.

Look, if the trust says that it has to go to the highest bidder, and all it's going to take is simple statements promising to keep the team in Buffalo for some indefinite period of time, then it's going to the highest bidder.

For weeks we've been lectured by a handful of people here, who knows, maybe you were among them, insisting that the trust could sell to whomever they desired regardless of the size of the bid. Now we read something different.

Who knows, but it makes perfect sense that they sell to the highest bidder. I doubt that Mary Wilson even gives a crap about the Bills. She and her family, who we've all been briefed over the years as having no interest in the team, are going to be the biggest benificiaries in this.

Let's be real here, no one can prevent an owner from moving the team at some point down the road. No future owner is going to make this size of an investment and have his hands irrevokably tied to the economic health of WNY/Buffalo. What kind of a fool would do that. A guy like Pegula may go in knowing that making money after shelling out $1B+ for the team and another $1B or so for a new stadium is unlikely and accept that circumstances, but none are going to buy the team as an investment and guarantee that the team stay there for the next 30 years. That's only going to happen if and when a new stadium is built.

I don't know what the Toronto group could do or say at this point to provide assurances the Bills will remain in Buffalo.

Maybe it is something in writing saying a new Stadium must be built by a certain time frame or the new owner owes the trust much more additional money.

Fletch
08-08-2014, 09:28 AM
Up to 8 bidders is pure speculation.

Is it 8 bidders? Or 7 bidders? Or 6 bidders? Or 5 bidders? Or 4 bidders? Or just the 3 we know about?

Or maybe the Toronto group has been eliminated & replaced by Golisono.

All speculation.

So is any number of bidders as a final number. Why aren't you getting this? It's all speculation right now.

Typ0
08-08-2014, 09:30 AM
No where did I say anything about the highest bidder stipulation favoring the team staying in buffalo. I just made some reasonable objective statements.

Also, what about "learning more and getting more details" is not part of building a relationship?

better days
08-08-2014, 09:32 AM
Numerous articles have made it clear that the original negotiations/discussions go through Morgan Stanley.

Who cares about NYC v. Detroit. That's irrelevant. MS has offices all over the world and a fleet of private aircraft.

By the way, think about that, the people claiming to be most loyal to us as Buffalo fans are on record as not caring about the team and live in Detroit, not Buffalo.

The trust is doing the interviewing & Morgan Stanley is most likely there to provide the financials about the team. If the trust were not involved you can bet the meetings would be in NYC.

better days
08-08-2014, 09:33 AM
So is any number of bidders as a final number. Why aren't you getting this? It's all speculation right now.

Why did you not see that is EXACTLY what I said?

Fletch
08-08-2014, 09:34 AM
I don't know what the Toronto group could do or say at this point to provide assurances the Bills will remain in Buffalo.

Maybe it is something in writing saying a new Stadium must be built by a certain time frame or the new owner owes the trust much more additional money.

OK, let's look at it this way. What if the trust's instructions are to sell to the highest bidders as long as they give their assurance that they'll do their best to keep the team in Buffalo. Despite what you, I, or the Buffalo people think about that, if the first and foremost consideration is that the trust sell to the highest bidder, as the piece in yesterday's BufNews states is the case, then if they meet that legal criteria, assuming that the sale isn't up to the gut hunch of Mary Wilson, and I cannot imagine that it would be given the huge potential for lawsuits, then it will sell to the highest bidder, and if that bidder is Tannenbaum's group, then it will be him. Not saying or even suggesting that that will be the case, but a highest bidder (aka "most money" as the piece said) is the criteria, then that's the criteria. There's nothing for you or I to discuss or argue about, is there.

- - - Updated - - -

No where did I say anything about the highest bidder stipulation favoring the team staying in buffalo. I just made some reasonable objective statements.

Also, what about "learning more and getting more details" is not part of building a relationship?

I asked some questions, you threw out a response that didn't address them but that suggested something contrarily. Just trying to figure out where you're going here. Not sure they were objective, you didn't cite any evidence. I've read nothing about meeting for "relationship building," have you? If so, post the link.

What we're reading is about bidders meeting to get and give info. That doesn't say relationship building, it says meeting to provide facts and info both ways as part of the process. I don't see how "relationships," other than purely business ones, fit into it.

Fletch
08-08-2014, 09:37 AM

Uhh, maybe because what you write infers something completely different.

- - - Updated - - -

The trust is doing the interviewing & Morgan Stanley is most likely there to provide the financials about the team. If the trust were not involved you can bet the meetings would be in NYC.

Got a link for that?

Typ0
08-08-2014, 09:38 AM
Yes, they are business relationships. Do you think hookers are involved or something? Pretty much everything is about relationship building. It's a process. That's what I stated in my original post which you tried to refute.

OK, let's look at it this way. What if the trust's instructions are to sell to the highest bidders as long as they give their assurance that they'll do their best to keep the team in Buffalo. Despite what you, I, or the Buffalo people think about that, if the first and foremost consideration is that the trust sell to the highest bidder, as the piece in yesterday's BufNews states is the case, then if they meet that legal criteria, assuming that the sale isn't up to the gut hunch of Mary Wilson, and I cannot imagine that it would be given the huge potential for lawsuits, then it will sell to the highest bidder, and if that bidder is Tannenbaum's group, then it will be him. Not saying or even suggesting that that will be the case, but a highest bidder (aka "most money" as the piece said) is the criteria, then that's the criteria. There's nothing for you or I to discuss or argue about, is there.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked some questions, you threw out a response that didn't address them but that suggested something contrarily. Just trying to figure out where you're going here. Not sure they were objective, you didn't cite any evidence. I've read nothing about meeting for "relationship building," have you? If so, post the link.

What we're reading is about bidders meeting to get and give info. That doesn't say relationship building, it says meeting to provide facts and info both ways as part of the process. I don't see how "relationships," other than purely business ones, fit into it.

better days
08-08-2014, 09:42 AM

We both agree everything is pure speculation, but if the Trust wants to make the most money it can & also keep the Bills in Buffalo, why not put a clause in the sale that says if a new Stadium is not built

by a certain date, the new owner owes MUCH MORE money to the trust?

That would provide some assurance the team stays in Buffalo, but if they do leave, the Trust gets MUCH MORE money.

OpIv37
08-08-2014, 10:48 AM

We both agree everything is pure speculation, but if the Trust wants to make the most money it can & also keep the Bills in Buffalo, why not put a clause in the sale that says if a new Stadium is not built

by a certain date, the new owner owes MUCH MORE money to the trust?

That would provide some assurance the team stays in Buffalo, but if they do leave, the Trust gets MUCH MORE money.
Because no business man in their right mind would do something that stupid.

It gives the state and the county leverage in stadium negotiations. "Well, why don't you kick in another $100 million? If you don't, we won't kick in anything and you'll end up just giving it to the trust anyway."

better days
08-08-2014, 10:54 AM
Because no business man in their right mind would do something that stupid.

It gives the state and the county leverage in stadium negotiations. "Well, why don't you kick in another $100 million? If you don't, we won't kick in anything and you'll end up just giving it to the trust anyway."

Well, if they are planning to move the team anyway, it wouldn't matter.

The State & County are only going to kick in so much anyway.

trapezeus
08-08-2014, 11:20 AM
people seem to be discounting the vanity costs associated to this purchase. it's not like running a family business where you are looking at some vendors and getting a good price and a working relationship with the contractor. Money is important to the bidders, but they also want what they want. If the financials on a standalone basis is good and you really just want to be a part of the club, you'll jump through some hoops. on the flip side, the NFL's stringent co-op board/country club approval process is really limiting. Therefore, when you only get 3 bids, its most likely because the nfl itself has limited who can partake in ownership. You can bash the NFL for it, but they rarely have the embarassing owner snafu's like the NHL/NBA where there is scandal, prison time, etc at a much higher pace with a lower number of teams.

yes the trust wants the most money (within whatever their mandate is). if we agree that there may very well be a non-relocation clause since 16-30 people wanted the packages and initially only 3 came back. even at 8, that's a large decline from the original 15-30. but if pegula offers $10 and says he won't move the team and golisano offers 11 and provides the same guarantee, the the trust will go with the higher offer. and i don't think that's the worst thing. i doubt ralph said, "gift the team to someone because i just want buffalo to have a team." I'm fairly certain that most people in that situation that had buffalo dear to its heart would still want maximum value within their stipulations. You can love buffalo a lot, but you probably love your family a little more.

so this arguement that because "sources close to the trust know that they want the most money" must mean they want to sell to a group who wants to leave the area is bogus. that statement can exist and still acknowledge what is becoming logically the most reasonable answer on why packages aren't coming in. Relocation restrictions as per the rules of a trust and the trust details are not public. it's an assumption but its the most likely given what we are hearing.

the people on this board that continue to push the same storylines that we don't know enough and therefore the team most likely to leave are doing so because that is what they want as either a total jack-ss or as a tiring troll. When the toronto bids were rejected, a certain poster who is so positive that the team must be leaving (because buffalo isn't viable long term) didn't show up for days in that thread. That's kind of the main sign of a troll. work your tired storyline and then relish in the glory when you are right. and if you are wrong, just disappear because you don't really care anyway.

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-08-2014, 11:30 AM
. When the toronto bids were rejected, a certain poster who is so positive that the team must be leaving (because buffalo isn't viable long term) didn't show up for days in that thread. That's kind of the main sign of a troll. work your tired storyline and then relish in the glory when you are right. and if you are wrong, just disappear because you don't really care anyway.[/QUOTE]

I did notice that too. Good observation

swiper
08-08-2014, 11:56 AM
You're a few other things too.

Trust us.

:brace:

Good looking. Intelligent. And smooth with the ladies. I didn't want to brag. I nknow how fragile your ego is. I see how you run to defend yourself for everything you post here.

swiper
08-08-2014, 11:58 AM

:duel:

better days
08-08-2014, 01:35 PM
:duel:

Where is the blood?

I always like to draw first blood.