X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Generalissimus Gibby
    • Jun 2006

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

The good: I think our D is fairly good. Okay I know its a bit too early and we didn't play against the Panthers first unit and that long TD drive was hideous, but overall I like how the D is shaping up

The bad: No TD from our first two two drives, one was a long drive and one started deep in Panther territory. I understand going for it on the first drive, but we gotta put it in the endzone. This team figures out how to convert long drives, short fields, and turnovers into sevens this is going to be a very fun team to watch. However, we ain't learned how to do that yet this year

The ugly: the QBs. Okay, EJ has played in 10 games and didn't look too bad this pre season, but QB is the only really glaring weakness I've seen on this team.
  • BuffaloRedleg
    • Aug 2013

Re: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

You are correct that QB really is the only glaring weakness on this team.

If EJ stinks or is injured every single person should be fired for not bringing in a veteran QB and giving up our first round pick next year.

Comment

• Turf
      • Jul 2002

I think our unwillingness to use a fullback at the goal line, or Dixon, has kept us back for years.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Parzival
        This is a list: They're my demands
        • Aug 2012

The Bills have been terrible in the red zone for as long as I can remember. I feel like we get shut down in every 3rd/4th and 1. Hopefully Mike Williams will be that big red zone threat we need, and maybe even Chandler will step his game up.

But seriously, is it just me or do we get stuffed on 3rd/4th and 1s all the goddamn time?
        Over thinking, over analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Ugly, we played some of our good players all night and barely won.

Comment

• Swiper
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2010

I liked what Spiller did in this game.

Landon Cohen did well.

Bryce Brown & Anthony Dixon looked good.

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Parzival View Post
              The Bills have been terrible in the red zone for as long as I can remember. I feel like we get shut down in every 3rd/4th and 1. Hopefully Mike Williams will be that big red zone threat we need, and maybe even Chandler will step his game up.

But seriously, is it just me or do we get stuffed on 3rd/4th and 1s all the goddamn time?
              We have a fullback. But Hackett chooses to use Fred Jackson instead. Failing on that drive was purely an OC failure.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                We have a fullback. But Hackett chooses to use Fred Jackson instead. Failing on that drive was purely an OC failure.
                Dixon didn't fair much better with his opportunities, and that should be his wheelhouse. 3rd/4th and short is 90% oline, 10% RB...the big uglies up front need to get stronger. IMO if it wasn't preseason we probably would have seen a QB sneak a couple of times, but no sense in risking that in games that don't count. I like the philosophy Marrone has, going for it and trying to establish an attitude.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  Dixon didn't fair much better with his opportunities, and that should be his wheelhouse. 3rd/4th and short is 90% oline, 10% RB...the big uglies up front need to get stronger. IMO if it wasn't preseason we probably would have seen a QB sneak a couple of times, but no sense in risking that in games that don't count. I like the philosophy Marrone has, going for it and trying to establish an attitude.
                  I agree with all that. However he has 2 no-name FBs on the roster who would love nothing better than to get their name called scoring a TD in Rodriguez & Summers. And then he has a winding-down veteran in Fred Jackson who is trying everything to stay healthy for the real season play. Who's going to give you more effort there? Answer: Rodriguez/Summers

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

I think stating somebody is going to give more effort than FJax is a little bit inaccurate.

The oline are fighting for starting and roster spots at just about every position, they are the ones that should be giving maximum effort.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                      • Jan 2003

today's fullbacks are made for making holes, not hitting them. Just because they are bigger and stronger don't make them better runners. It usually makes them slower and easier to take down. Thurman Thomas was always very good at getting that 1 yard when needed, but as Yard pointed out, if the oline ain't blocking, Jim Brown ain't getting that yard.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

QB is the only weakness on this team??

Am I the only one who has watched RG, LG and RT?
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• EricStratton
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                          QB is the only weakness on this team??

Am I the only one who has watched RG, LG and RT?

If you've built your internet persona on hating EJ you're damn right the only weakness is QB.

Comment

• Thurmal
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                            You are correct that QB really is the only glaring weakness on this team.

If EJ stinks or is injured every single person should be fired for not bringing in a veteran QB and giving up our first round pick next year.
                            It's ridiculous that they didn't bring in someone like Rex Grossman or whoever to be a back-up just in case. Manuel, Tuel, Lewis...if that's not the worst QB combo in the league, I don't know what is.
                            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
                              today's fullbacks are made for making holes, not hitting them. Just because they are bigger and stronger don't make them better runners. It usually makes them slower and easier to take down. Thurman Thomas was always very good at getting that 1 yard when needed, but as Yard pointed out, if the oline ain't blocking, Jim Brown ain't getting that yard.
                              Fred ran poorly at the goal line twice. A big guy could have barreled through or Dixon could have leaped over easily, or hit the line and extended the arm. Very bad execution at HB. We're talking about an inch here.
                              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X