PDA

View Full Version : Cordy Glenn passed his physical

Skooby
08-09-2014, 12:09 PM
He should be ready soon, with any luck.

Night Train
08-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Good news. He can practice and maybe get a few series in next week.

don137
08-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Great news. Wonder if they will experiment with Henderson as RT.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-09-2014, 12:55 PM
I wonder what that was all about

Meathead
08-09-2014, 01:12 PM
whew

JoeMama
08-09-2014, 01:38 PM
The way Chris Williams and Cyril Richardson have shamed us with their horrid play so far, it's a pity Seantrel Henderson can't play inside.

Henderson has done a pretty damn good job keeping the LT position warm while Cordy Glenn's been out.

Very impressed with his progress.

But then again, it wasn't his talent level that concerned me...

Goobylal
08-09-2014, 02:14 PM
The way Chris Williams and Cyril Richardson have shamed us with their horrid play so far, it's a pity Seantrel Henderson can't play inside.

Henderson has done a pretty damn good job keeping the LT position warm while Cordy Glenn's been out.

Very impressed with his progress.

But then again, it wasn't his talent level that concerned me...
Players with "issues" and talent usually go a lot higher than 7th round. So I think he's been a pleasant surprise. And I'd move him to RT now and look for options at OG like moving Kujo inside and more progress from Richardson (CW looks like a really bad signing, but CR is still a rookie).

YardRat
08-09-2014, 02:27 PM
Good...hope he's in decent shape.

BillsImpossible
08-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Seantrel Henderson played RT at Miami.

I like the idea of moving Kouandjio to guard.

Chris Williams is going to be a problem this year unless the Bills find a replacement.

Glenn Kouandjio Wood Hairston Henderson ?

SpikedLemonade
08-09-2014, 02:46 PM

Chris Williams is going to be a problem this year unless the Bills find a replacement.

It is worth a try.

Our OL is the key this year if we want to run the ball.

The Jokeman
08-09-2014, 03:29 PM

With the money we're paying him Williams will start until he's hurt or proves completely horrible when games count. I'm actually surprised Urbik is getting passed over there as I'm not sold on Hairston. In terms of starting RT it's anyone's guess since Koandjio struggled but who knows maybe he'll improve over the next 3 preseason games and prove he should start. Otherwise you have to think Pears wins by default but I wouldn't be opposed Hairston at RT although he's probably best served as a swing OT.

As here's what ideally we should have Glenn, Williams, Wood, Urbik, Koanjio. Depth: Henderson, Hairston, Legursky and Richardson. Yet thus far the only givens are Glenn and Wood :(

elltrain22
08-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Great news.

Skooby
08-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Thad Brown ‏@thadbrown7 4m
Marrone says Glenn passed physical, but not conditioning test, so not back to practice yet. Marrone: "We'll take it very slow" #billsmafia

ParanoidAndroid
08-10-2014, 08:32 AM

I'll take Urbik over Kouandjio all day long. He was overrated even after he fell out of 1st round consideration. I was hopeful that I was wrong, but I still think he's a bust in waiting. Watching him get beat badly two plays in a row (and several times more) against a 3rd string DE was not encouraging. Unless he has some sort of epiphany, I don't want to see him near the starting O-line.

YardRat
08-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Well, so much for being in decent shape...

swiper
08-10-2014, 08:59 AM
I'll take Urbik over Kouandjio all day long. He was overrated even after he fell out of 1st round consideration. I was hopeful that I was wrong, but I still think he's a bust in waiting. Watching him get beat badly two plays in a row (and several times more) against a 3rd string DE was not encouraging. Unless he has some sort of epiphany, I don't want to see him near the starting O-line.

Why will people give Manuel all this rope despite daily displays of lack of ability, but not give a new draftee time to develop I don't understand. Not everybody comes ready right out of the box.

YardRat
08-10-2014, 09:26 AM
Why will people give Manuel all this rope despite daily displays of lack of ability, but not give a new draftee time to develop I don't understand. Not everybody comes ready right out of the box.

He didn't say he didn't want him on the roster and deny him time to develop, just not not starting.

SpikedLemonade
08-10-2014, 09:39 AM
Chris Williams did not practice last night due to a back injury.

Being thrown on your back all game will do that.

Goobylal
08-10-2014, 09:40 AM
I say forget RT now that Cordy is close to returning and move him inside to OG to compete with those stiffs. That would be best for everyone.

Well, so much for being in decent shape...
The guy (allegedly) had a disease. He won't be able to play immediately.

I agree on giving Kujo time/a chance to either develop at RT or (the best move IMHO) move him to OG. But EJ has shown ability, so get off that kick already.

YardRat
08-10-2014, 09:42 AM
I say forget RT now that Cordy is close to returning and move him inside to OG to compete with those stiffs. That would be best for everyone.

The guy (allegedly) had a disease. He won't be able to play immediately.

I agree on giving Kujo time/a chance to either develop at RT or (the best move IMHO) move him to OG. But EJ has shown ability, so get off that kick already.

I'm not being critical, I was hoping he would be able to pass his conditioning test.

Skooby
08-10-2014, 09:52 AM
I'm not being critical, I was hoping he would be able to pass his conditioning test.

I don't think this was an unrealistic expectation, he's getting paid millions as a pro athlete.

cookie G
08-10-2014, 10:01 AM

Williams is about what I expected, and that isn't good.

Richardson supposedly had a bad camp, and I can't say, because I haven't seen any of it.

But he really had a very good game against the Giants. I think I saw one missed block. But on all other plays..if he had a DT over him, he was consistently driving his man off the line. He had a really nice 2nd level block on the Mike to allow Bryce Brown to have a 15 yard gain. His pass pro was good.

Against the Panthers, he gave up one pressure to Dwan Edwards, but other than that, I didn't see much either way to distinguish him. Didn't watch much of the 2nd half yet.

IF you DVR'd the Giants game, go back and watch him again, I thought he looked good. If he plays like that, I wouldn't be shocked if he isn't starting a few games into the season.

cookie G
08-10-2014, 10:02 AM
I don't think this was an unrealistic expectation, he's getting paid millions as a pro athlete.

It depends what the illness was. If he was put on bed rest, or no running restrictions, I wouldn't expect him to be in shape.

ParanoidAndroid
08-10-2014, 10:28 AM

Did I say anything about EJ? I simply disagreed with the idea you can just plug Kujo in at guard since he's struggling at tackle. His most common mistake is standing up too quickly and losing leverage. If he does that against a DT inside, he'll be pushed back into the middle of the pocket every passing down. He's not nearly ready. Like I said, maybe he'll figure it out. I mentioned my thought pre-draft that he had a higher than normal bust factor. Now, as far as EJ is concerned, the only reason we might give him a longer leash is actually two fold. One: The development curve for QB is a bit more drawn out. Two: We don't have anyone better on the roster, so I tend to put a little more hopefulness into my posts about him. Shoot me.

Goobylal
08-10-2014, 10:34 AM
It sounded like you were criticizing Cordy for not staying in shape while sick. And did he take the conditioning test and not pass, or have they not had him take it yet? In any case, after seeing Marcell fail his conditioning test and pass it a week and a half later and dominate, I'm not overly concerned about Cordy.

Williams is about what I expected, and that isn't good.

Richardson supposedly had a bad camp, and I can't say, because I haven't seen any of it.

But he really had a very good game against the Giants. I think I saw one missed block. But on all other plays..if he had a DT over him, he was consistently driving his man off the line. He had a really nice 2nd level block on the Mike to allow Bryce Brown to have a 15 yard gain. His pass pro was good.

Against the Panthers, he gave up one pressure to Dwan Edwards, but other than that, I didn't see much either way to distinguish him. Didn't watch much of the 2nd half yet.

IF you DVR'd the Giants game, go back and watch him again, I thought he looked good. If he plays like that, I wouldn't be shocked if he isn't starting a few games into the season.
Richardson has gotten time with the starting unit. I also think he ends up starting and is the 8th OL.

Skooby
08-10-2014, 10:51 AM
It sounded like you were criticizing Cordy for not staying in shape while sick. And did he take the conditioning test and not pass, or have they not had him take it yet? In any case, after seeing Marcell fail his conditioning test and pass it a week and a half later and dominate, I'm not overly concerned about Cordy.

Richardson has gotten time with the starting unit. I also think he ends up starting and is the 8th OL.

Dareus failed because he visited Duffs ... Etc too often, which is all water under the bridge now.

stuckincincy
08-10-2014, 12:18 PM
Dareus failed because he visited Duffs ... Etc too often, which is all water under the bridge now.

Dareus sighting?

BertSquirtgum
08-10-2014, 01:20 PM

Hopefully, he is really surprising people.

John Doe
08-10-2014, 02:35 PM

At this point they will have to see if he can play RT.

He and Hairston look like the most viable candidates to back up either side on game day.

The Jokeman
08-10-2014, 02:38 PM
At this point they will have to see if he can play RT.

He and Hairston look like the most viable candidates to back up either side on game day.

Not if the plan to make Hairston an OG goes through. While I agree our OG depth is questionable don't like the idea of shifting Hairston there as he seems better suited at tackle.