• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

A few late comments on the game.

-The first drive looked good with the exception of stalling in the red zone.

-EJ does stare down WR's, even on the completions.

-Of the guys who may or may not make the team, Ron Brooks certainly did the most to help ensure himself a roster spot.

-It was discouraging that Gilmore got toasted so badly and take a penalty. Of the regular starters, I'd say he had the worst game.

-Glad to see the grand Buffalo tradition of not being able to cover a TE is alive and well.

-Glad to see the grand Buffalo tradition of not being able to keep contain on a mobile QB is alive and well.

-TJ Graham is about to get cut and he knows it- that's why he got nailed not calling for that fair catch. We know Watkins, Wood, and Williams are going to make the team, and I'd say Goodwin is safe as well. Easley is contributing on special teams and Hogan looks good. The only way Graham doesn't get cut is if we keep 7 WR's and that's not gonna happen.

-It was good to see Watkins get involved. I'm surprised to see Williams with the first team over Woods, even though it's been in the camp reports.

-I don't like the backup QB situation. Thad Lewis has happy feet. He never sets them before he throws and always throws on the run. He looks like he wants nothing to do with being in the pocket. Tuel just sucks.

-I don't know what to make of Bryce Brown. He's looked good but it's been against scrubs.

-Cohen had his moments but didn't look as good against the Panthers' scrubs as he did against the Giants' scrubs.

-Special teams was a disaster. Robey's fumble, Graham taking that hit, missed FG, allowed an onside kick to get recovered.

-There are going to be a LOT of penalties on comeback routes due to the new contact rules for DB. It's almost impossible for the DB to avoid contact when the WR stops and comes back for the ball, and the refs are calling the slightest contact.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Re: A few late comments on the game.

Cohen looked great yet again. Not sure what you were watching.

We had better be able to have 14 points on the board in the regular season when we have drives like our first two.

EJ showed some fire under his ass. He knows he has toplay like he did last night.

Love the temporary field goal rule. But teams with ****ty kickers will not be in favor of it. Ray Bentley should be banned from possessing a microphone for life.

I really like our depth all across the board on defense. This defense can win us the division alone if it can stay relatively healthy. Detroit has made new England their *****.Now we have Detroit's D with a better secondary.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

E.J. must play more and we need a vet QB in here asap.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Turf
        • Jul 2002

Our inability to make 3rd and inches and to punch it in from the goal line has been the single biggest reason this team hasn't seen the playoffs. The number of games we could have won by picking up minute yardage is astounding. That's why we're losers, and it NEVER get's addressed.
        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

- bryce brown against the twos looks like a man among sheep
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

The more I think about it, the more the special teams thing bothers me. This team has had good to great S/T since Marv Levy got hired, and even through the 14 years of suck, our S/T usually made sure something positive happened no matter how bad the rest of the game was.

We appear to be stacked at RB and WR (which we should be after all the draft picks spent on the position in the last 3 years). I just hope the QB and the OL can take advantage of it.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Cornerbacks are going to get beat occasionally, even the best. It comes with the territory.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                Cornerbacks are going to get beat occasionally, even the best. It comes with the territory.
                Unfortunately with Gilmore it's more than just occasionally.

It's their 1st preseason game, our 2nd. The D should be ahead of the O at this point. And it was a backup QB throwing to a rookie WR. Inexcusable.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Cohen looked good. Not worried about Gilmore.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    -

-There are going to be a LOT of penalties on comeback routes due to the new contact rules for DB. It's almost impossible for the DB to avoid contact when the WR stops and comes back for the ball, and the refs are calling the slightest contact.
                    In yesterday's HOU@AZ game, there were 4 illegal use of hands and 1 illegal contacts flagged. I'm sure OCs will be studying how to induce these - sorta like finding a "Free 1st Down" card in a Monopoly game.
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Unfortunately with Gilmore it's more than just occasionally.

It's their 1st preseason game, our 2nd. The D should be ahead of the O at this point. And it was a backup QB throwing to a rookie WR. Inexcusable.

How many times has Gilmore been beaten for a TD over his first two seasons?

Do you really think the defense didn't outplay Carolina's offense for the vast majority of the game Friday night, especially ones and twos vs ones and twos, and your'e judging the squads overall performance on one play?
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Tiburon1724
                        • Sep 2005

the ST was horrendous last season. Not firing the coordinator was insanity.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

The more I think about it, the more the special teams thing bothers me. This team has had good to great S/T since Marv Levy got hired, and even through the 14 years of suck, our S/T usually made sure something positive happened no matter how bad the rest of the game was.

We appear to be stacked at RB and WR (which we should be after all the draft picks spent on the position in the last 3 years). I just hope the QB and the OL can take advantage of it.
                          Homer that I am called, I have *****ed about the special teams play since Crossman was hired.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

What stood out to me was the Bills run defense in this game.

The Panthers are a team that likes to run the ball & takes pride in its ability to do so.

Yes, the Panthers did not play their top RB's but the Bills only played Spiller & Fred a limited time as well.

The Bills for most of the game stoned the Panthers ground game.

It was not until late in the game when players who will not be on the team that the Bills gave up anything on the ground.

I said when Schwartz was hired that the Bills run defense will be better than it was under Pettine & it sure was against the Panthers.

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

sophomore gilmore regressed but i think he woulda been fine under normal circumstances. unfortunately he played very physical so hes gonna be hurt by this aggressive defensive contact interpretation. now we gotta hope he can transform his game to compensate, but thats in no way a given. after five yds dbs simply cant use their hands anymore until the ball arrives. cbs (and all pass coverers) are going to have to be both quick and fast to cover in short spaces and to chase down runaway wrs. should be a record scoring season ez
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X