PDA

View Full Version : Redzone Channel is FREE for preseason.

better days
08-10-2014, 05:39 AM
Albany started a thread about the Red Zone channel being on for preseason.

I have Verizon Fios & the Red Zone Channel is on for FREE for the entire preseason.

I would expect other providers have it for free as well.

I thought this deserved its own thread for people that do not normally get the Red Zone Channel & may not look in Albany's thread.

I just switched from Directv to Fios a couple Months ago...a deal too good to pass up.

Fios charges $80.00 for the Red Zone Channel with a $10.00 discount if you order it now.

I have the Extreme TV package & plan to upgrade to the Ultimate TV package in September & keep that package until January.

For an extra $20 per Month, I will get the Red Zone channel, extra Sports Channels, Showtime & Cinemax.

So it will cost me $80 for the entire NFL season. The same price they charge for Red Zone alone without the $10 discount, but I am getting a whole lot more for my money.

The Jokeman
08-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Albany started a thread about the Red Zone channel being on for preseason.

I have Verizon Fios & the Red Zone Channel is on for FREE for the entire preseason.

I would expect other providers have it for free as well.

I thought this deserved its own thread for people that do not normally get the Red Zone Channel & may not look in Albany's thread.

I just switched from Directv to Fios a couple Months ago...a deal too good to pass up.

Fios charges $80.00 for the Red Zone Channel with a $10.00 discount if you order it now.

I have the Extreme TV package & plan to upgrade to the Ultimate TV package in September & keep that package until January.

For an extra $20 per Month, I will get the Red Zone channel, extra Sports Channels, Showtime & Cinemax.

So it will cost me $80 for the entire NFL season. The same price they charge for Red Zone alone without the $10 discount, but I am getting a whole lot more for my money.

But what happens if you want to drop any of those after the season are you charged any kind of fee since you're not keeping it for 12 months? As I know Time Warner Cable offers the Sports pass (which includes the NFL Redzone channel) for $8.99 a month that you can add/or remove at anytime. They also have some deals on some premiums too.

better days
08-11-2014, 09:49 AM
But what happens if you want to drop any of those after the season are you charged any kind of fee since you're not keeping it for 12 months? As I know Time Warner Cable offers the Sports pass (which includes the NFL Redzone channel) for $8.99 a month that you can add/or remove at anytime. They also have some deals on some premiums too.

No, with Fios, I can change my programming package with no charge.

I checked into that before I made the switch to Fios.

And I can do it fast & easy on line.

I didn't have to, but I agreed to a two year commitment with Fios, which also means they can not raise my price for two years.

And I am paying less money than I had been paying Directv for more channels in the Extreme package & more HD Channels than I had with Directv.

I also have 75 mbps internet speed, download & upload. I plan on getting NFL game rewind to watch the games over & with the great speed, I can watch on my big screen TV.

stuckincincy
08-11-2014, 10:16 AM
No, with Fios, I can change my programming package with no charge.
I checked into that before I made the switch to Fios.
And I can do it fast & easy on line.
I didn't have to, but I agreed to a two year commitment with Fios, which also means they can not raise my price for two years.
And I am paying less money than I had been paying Directv for more channels in the Extreme package & more HD Channels than I had with Directv.
I also have 75 mbps internet speed, download & upload. I plan on getting NFL game rewind to watch the games over & with the great speed, I can watch on my big screen TV.

We have FIOS in Cincinnati, but it's poor - I checked into it...lots of complaints. Also, for problems, you are connected to the Philippines, and evidently they don't work Sundays. They ran the cable in my neighborhood, and the junction box thing is always being serviced.

However, relatives and friends back in Bflo. are pleased with FIOS. So I think it can depend on how good your local telephone company is.

better days
08-11-2014, 12:08 PM
We have FIOS in Cincinnati, but it's poor - I checked into it...lots of complaints. Also, for problems, you are connected to the Philippines, and evidently they don't work Sundays. They ran the cable in my neighborhood, and the junction box thing is always being serviced.

However, relatives and friends back in Bflo. are pleased with FIOS. So I think it can depend on how good your local telephone company is.

When I had Directv, the last few guys they sent out to fix my Sat were illegals that couldn't even speak english.

I call the 1-800 number for Fios & speak to Americans & I know when I am talking to someone from a different Country even when they tell me their name is Ethel.

I swear some young girl from Directv told me that was her name, I love Lucy must still be big overseas.

I have only had Americans come to my house from Fios & have had Fios internet since they ran the line on our street, about 4 years ago.

And the Fios line is buried underground so I don't have to worry about Storms damaging it.

You may be right about different areas having different service, but the service down here from Verizon is great.

And I would suspect when you see them working on your junction boxes, they are just adding more lines to it.

better days
08-11-2014, 12:28 PM
And I have TIVO DVR's with lifetime service which I bought from Ebay then replaced the hard drives myself with 1 TB hard drives.

I only pay Fios $5 each for cards for the TIVO's, so $10 in total for 2 DVR's and I get OTA channels from the TIVO's as well.

But the installer from Fios told me their new DVR's are much better than their older units although they do not get OTA.

And FIOS has come out with a new DVR that records 12 channels at the same time.

Also, unlike Directv, Fios includes all subchannels from local TV stations.

The only downside to TIVO is I can't access on demand, but I can record anything I want to watch anyway & with 1 TB hard drives, I have plenty of room to do that.

And I can transfer content from one TIVO to the other except for the movie channels. And Netflix & Amazon are built into the TIVO's if I want to subscribe to them.

better days
08-11-2014, 12:42 PM
I'm curious, are you guys with other providers getting Red Zone for free this preseason or is it just FIOS doing that?

If you go to the Red Zone channel in your line up, there should be a message telling you it is free.

stuckincincy
08-11-2014, 12:45 PM
When I had Directv, the last few guys they sent out to fix my Sat were illegals that couldn't even speak english.

You may be right about different areas having different service, but the service down here from Verizon is great.

And I would suspect when you see them working on your junction boxes, they are just adding more lines to it.

I am completely right about different areas having different service. They were not adding extra lines to it - I have strong technical qualifications going back a half a century and I can spot the difference between enhancement and trouble shooting. I travel by the box every day on my way for morning coffee and I've probably seen a Cinti Bell truck there 50 times.

The Jokeman
08-11-2014, 01:25 PM
I'm curious, are you guys with other providers getting Red Zone for free this preseason or is it just FIOS doing that?

If you go to the Red Zone channel in your line up, there should be a message telling you it is free.

I already have said Sports Pass but I heard the host (his name escapes me) mention it was free during the preseason.

better days
08-11-2014, 01:31 PM
I am completely right about different areas having different service. They were not adding extra lines to it - I have strong technical qualifications going back a half a century and I can spot the difference between enhancement and trouble shooting. I travel by the box every day on my way for morning coffee and I've probably seen a Cinti Bell truck there 50 times.

Well, I do know Fios is still in the process of wiring around the Country.

Many places still are not wired for Fios. I know our daughter & son in-law still can not get it just a few miles away from us in North Port Fla.

And like I said we have had it for at least 4 years.

So maybe you know what you are looking at, & maybe you don't. You also told me you get connected to the Philippines when there are problems which has never happened to me.

And I had a problem shortly after I had the TV service installed because I bought a router off E-Bay that stopped working & Verizon could not fix it remotely because it was unauthorized & they did not have the numbers or code to fix it. They sent me their newest best router the day after I called them & did not charge me for it.

stuckincincy
08-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Well, I do know Fios is still in the process of wiring around the Country.

Many places still are not wired for Fios. I know our daughter & son in-law still can not get it just a few miles away from us in North Port Fla.

And like I said we have had it for at least 4 years.

So maybe you know what you are looking at, & maybe you don't. You also told me you get connected to the Philippines when there are problems which has never happened to me.

And I had a problem shortly after I had the TV service installed because I bought a router off E-Bay that stopped working & Verizon could not fix it remotely because it was unauthorized & they did not have the numbers or code to fix it. They sent me their newest best router the day after I called them & did not charge me for it.

I know what I'm looking at. As I said, they wired, and it was a fiber-to-the-node setup. I asked the cable installers when they trespassed on my property, but did not mention the trespass because of utilities right-of-way. I assume they piled on top of phone line right-of-way.

Heh - they would never try to do such around my small patch of deep, deep Appalachian property. They couldn't sell to anyone in the first place, and our property rights are traditionally enforced.

better days
08-11-2014, 02:08 PM
I know what I'm looking at. As I said, they wired, and it was a fiber-to-the-node setup. I asked the cable installers when they trespassed on my property, but did not mention the trespass because of utilities right-of-way. I assume they piled on top of phone line right-of-way.

Heh - they would never try to do such around my small patch of deep, deep Appalachian property. They couldn't sell to anyone in the first place, and our property rights are traditionally enforced.

Phone, internet & TV are all carried on the same fiber network by Fios.

Did they install underground up there? Curious. And are you getting Red Zone Channel for free from your provider?

And even if you don't switch to Fios, if I were you I would let my provider know I have that option & try to get a better deal from them.

stuckincincy
08-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Phone, internet & TV are all carried on the same fiber network by Fios.

Did they install underground up there? Curious. And are you getting Red Zone Channel for free from your provider?

And even if you don't switch to Fios, if I were you I would let my provider know I have that option & try to get a better deal from them.

Red Zone would be no inducement to me. The NFL splatters itself all over as is - I'm not going to pay for or take for free more of their swill. I talked to my provider and they laughed - FIOS is so bad here and they know it.

Were it just up to me, I'd dump cable and use dial -up for the internet.

better days
08-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Red Zone would be no inducement to me. The NFL splatters itself all over as is - I'm not going to pay for or take for free more of their swill. I talked to my provider and they laughed - FIOS is so bad here and they know it.

Were it just up to me, I'd dump cable and use dial -up for the internet.

So your wife wears the pants in the family. Got it.

stuckincincy
08-11-2014, 03:08 PM
So your wife wears the pants in the family. Got it.

I respect the feelings of others. Got it?

better days
08-11-2014, 03:49 PM
I respect the feelings of others. Got it?

Really? I asked if you got Red Zone for free from your provider.

You never responded to that question, just responded with a bunch of BS.

Did not take my feelings into consideration at all.

You must be a Comcast employee.