PDA

View Full Version : Why Doesn't Jim Kelly Support Terry Pegula?

BillsImpossible
08-10-2014, 02:14 PM
One would think the combination of Jim Kelly and Terry Pegula would be a slam dunk win for the Buffalo Bills and WNY, but that is not so.

This report from Channel 2 News confirms that Jim Kelly has allied himself with Amherst native, Jeff Gundlach.

Jeff who?

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/videos/sports/football/nfl/bills/2014/08/09/13821701/

Kelly and Gundlach have joined together as, "limited partners," and are looking to join forces with another bidder.

Who would that other bidder be?

I don't think it's Terry Pegula. If it was, why not say so by now and win the PR game? Would that violate the, "non-disclosure agreement?"

If Jim Kelly said, "I like the idea of Terry Pegula owning the Buffalo Bills," how would that violate the nda?

If Jim Kelly said, "I would have no problem with Terry Pegula being the next owner of the team," how would that violate the nda?

Why hasn't Jim Kelly said a single word about Terry Pegula?

Woodman just posted an interesting article that relates...

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/columnist/roth/2014/08/09/two-bills-drive/13847665/

Written by some smart bankers and lawyers, the non-disclosure agreement, Tim Graham of The Buffalo News reported, included loads of restrictions, including this: no speaking to other potential bidders. That prevented the opportunity for more partnerships to form. Apparently, the Wilson family trust prefers a more clean deal, meaning dealing with individual rich guys with cash on hand.

No speaking to other potential bidders?

Does this disqualify Jim Kelly and Jeff Gundlach?

BertSquirtgum
08-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Who cares?

Novacane
08-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Do we really know that he doesn't?

trapezeus
08-11-2014, 04:23 PM
PR for Gundlach. if he says he has a significant sum ready to go to help another potential bidder defray some costs and get ownership stake, it's a good move from him. If there is a bid that wants a partner, they know where to go. Kelly's smaller amount means something in the gundlach proposition and he gets to say he's a part owner. If he gives his amount to pegula, it's next to nothing in helping pegula and now he's got a partner that he probably doesn't want. He's got the cash to do it himself.

if pegula is hell bent on doing this on his own in terms of owning the team and not splitting ownership with anyone, he has nothing to say. He just has to make the bid.

Kelly will always be an ambassador to the team, regardless. this is his chance to try and be in an ownership group.

I wouldn't read too much into this.