Bills fans are drunkest in the NFL, according to author who visited every stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Bills fans are drunkest in the NFL, according to author who visited every stadium

"But what I remember most of all here is the wild atmosphere, one of the craziest I saw during my travels, with much of it due to excessive alcohol consumption. As you can probably guess, Bills fans are the drunkest I witnessed on my trip. That is true before, during and after the game. I even saw the Bills twice on the road and this observation was merely confirmed. Unfortunately, most of them are unable to hold their liquor and lose control, becoming a danger to others or to themselves......

"Based on what I saw last year, little has changed. Inside the stadium seemed like a free-for-all at times, with fans moving around constantly and far too many in the advanced stages of inebriation, especially in the lower level end zone seats. Beer was constantly being spilled on the concourse and stairways to the seats, making things that much more dangerous. Buffalo, like the many industrial cities in the cold northeast, is a hard-drinking town, but too many fans are simply out of control at Bills games....."

Man who wrote "Ultimate Football Road Trip" says Bills fans "are unable to hold their liquor and lose control, becoming a danger to others or to themselves."

Most of this drinking is done before the game in the parking lot where the team's owner makes no money off the booze.

I believe under the excuse of potential liability, a new stadium in Buffalo will curtail the number of parking spots available for tailgating.

The NFL seems look to limit its exposure.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Bills fans are drunkest in the NFL, according to author who visited every stadium

14 straight years of problems will do that to you, not to mention the previous 50+ years of failures & everyone's parents losing their cushy job.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

Re: Bills fans are drunkest in the NFL, according to author who visited every stadium

Some of the comments are hilarious.

Here is a crap flinging exchange started by a Syracuse resident:

WalterWhite
      Can ya blame them? They lose all the time and live in the biggest cr@phole this side of Detroit......

FlagShare

Icculus the Prophet
      @WalterWhite Yea....beacuse Syracuse is a gem? Sorry your city is even more irrelevant than an irrelevant city like Buffalo. But hey, you're the best at something.....polluting lakes.

FlagShare

governorgoogatz
      @Icculus the Prophet @WalterWhite Syracuse throwing stones is a bit of the pot & kettle routine. The drunkenness in both cities is more likely due to the eight months of winter...

Comment

• Gibby
        • Jun 2006

I'm not a football fan with an alcohol problem, I'm an alcohol (Wild Turkey American Honey or Birddog Whiskey with Maple + coke oh yeah) fan with a football problem. If my Bills were better, I'd problem drink a hell of a lot less, so would most of Billls nation.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

We have every right to be the drunkest fans in the country.

Comment

• sudzy
            • Apr 2013

We're #1. We're #1.

Comment

• pmoon6
              Legendary Zoner
              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
              14 straight years of problems will do that to you, not to mention the previous 50+ years of failures & everyone's parents losing their cushy job.
              It seems we have an enabler.

Do you excuse your Moms' excessive drinking because she didn't abort you at birth?

Comment

• Topas
                German smartass
                • Feb 2014

I think this is a complete misunderstanding. The Bills fans do not drink because they want to pass out (due to the actual play on the field) or due to an alcohol problem.
                It is to keep them warm in the winter ... :-)

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

It's just one man's opinion, I doubt we're the drunkest, top 5 maybe

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                    "But what I remember most of all here is the wild atmosphere, one of the craziest I saw during my travels, with much of it due to excessive alcohol consumption. As you can probably guess, Bills fans are the drunkest I witnessed on my trip. That is true before, during and after the game. I even saw the Bills twice on the road and this observation was merely confirmed. Unfortunately, most of them are unable to hold their liquor and lose control, becoming a danger to others or to themselves......

"Based on what I saw last year, little has changed. Inside the stadium seemed like a free-for-all at times, with fans moving around constantly and far too many in the advanced stages of inebriation, especially in the lower level end zone seats. Beer was constantly being spilled on the concourse and stairways to the seats, making things that much more dangerous. Buffalo, like the many industrial cities in the cold northeast, is a hard-drinking town, but too many fans are simply out of control at Bills games....."

Man who wrote "Ultimate Football Road Trip" says Bills fans "are unable to hold their liquor and lose control, becoming a danger to others or to themselves."

Most of this drinking is done before the game in the parking lot where the team's owner makes no money off the booze.

I believe under the excuse of potential liability, a new stadium in Buffalo will curtail the number of parking spots available for tailgating.

The NFL seems look to limit its exposure.
                    No, the MOST drinking is not done in the parking lot.

It is on CANADIAN buses on the way to the game.

It is no surprise Bills fans are the drunkest in the NFL, they have the greatest number of CANADIAN fans.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                      We're #1. We're #1.

DAMN DRUNK CANADIANS.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                        It seems we have an enabler.

Do you excuse your Moms' excessive drinking because she didn't abort you at birth?
                        If my Mom didn't drink, I never would of been born.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                          It's just one man's opinion, I doubt we're the drunkest, top 5 maybe
                          No, we're #1 by a real wide margin. Our fans drown in puddles for Christ sakes, it's like that bathtub warning you thought wasn't real.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                            If my Mom didn't drink, I never would of been born.
                            Great line Mitch.

Comment

• Mike13
                              • Aug 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X