PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Watkins Latest One-Hand Catch

John Doe
08-10-2014, 08:21 PM
He makes this look so easy!

Pittsford, N.Y. — The pass was behind him, and it was thrown too high, but Sammy Watkins made the catch anyway.
During 11-on-11 drills at Bills training camp Sunday, Watkins made what might be his best catch of training camp. EJ Manuel threw an off-target pass toward the sideline over Watkins' head. The rookie then jumped, twisted his body and plucked the ball out of the air with his left hand.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/08/sammy_watkins_catch_training_camp.html

YardRat
08-10-2014, 08:31 PM
"See. I told you EJ sucks."

/troll

DynaPaul
08-10-2014, 08:46 PM
He has to considering that he can't expect an accurate pass coming his way.

Mr. Pink
08-10-2014, 08:48 PM
He's apparently turning into Brandon Lloyd and catching passes anywhere near him.

ublinkwescore
08-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Next Jerry Rice!

Topas
08-11-2014, 01:33 AM
Are you kidding me !!! The catch is insane, maybe even more then the previous one.
Even EJ can hit him in stride ... kind of ...
If our GMs idea was to help EJ as good as he can, drafting Watkins was definitely a good idea...
I just hope he does not take two years to blossom ... and well, EJ has a say in that ...

trapezeus
08-11-2014, 07:21 AM
it's exciting stuff, but from the college video on watkins, he looks like he can be a YAC receiver too. and the inaccuracy takes plays where we could be hitting the homerun into a double. it can keep the chains moving which is a step in the right direction, but hopefully he can switch the theatric catches into long TDs.

i'm on board for watkins being successful (barring injury). I'd just like to see EJ be able to make more accurate passes because i think that's where we are going to see him become a super upgrade.

BuffaloRedleg
08-11-2014, 09:17 AM
He's the perfect WR for EJ. I'm not just being snarky, accuracy might always be a problem for EJ and WRs like Williams and Watkins are perfect for him. Woods too as he has great hands.

It's those streaky deep threat guys who require timing passes that are going to suffer.

better days
08-11-2014, 09:28 AM
I said before & I will reiterate, I will take a talented rookie over a mediocre vet any day.

I also said Sammy Watkins & Mike Williams are going to score points for the Bills & help them win games.

I am liking what we are seeing so far.

stuckincincy
08-11-2014, 11:01 AM
He's the perfect WR for EJ. I'm not just being snarky, accuracy might always be a problem for EJ and WRs like Williams and Watkins are perfect for him. Woods too as he has great hands.

It's those streaky deep threat guys who require timing passes that are going to suffer.

And possibly allow DCs to downgrade deep threats. And tuning in DLs to get those hands up for the knock-downs and occasional cheapo interception as the OL falls back when an offense plays the short pass/YAC strategy.

The Jokeman
08-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Until I see Watkins do it in an NFL game that matters I could care less. Sure it's nice to see and it gives you hope but we've been fooled before by great practice players before as foo me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.