X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dying_-2-_Live
    • Feb 2009

EJ is not a lost cause

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Some of these passes are perfectly thrown balls, placed where only his WR had a chance to catch it. The idea that a PROFESSIONAL QB can't accurately throw a ball is ridiculous. He wouldn't have started for Florida State and he wouldn't have been drafted at all, let alone the first round, if he couldn't throw. Now, obviously something is not clicking yet, maybe he is still nervous, maybe he is over thinking it. But, have any of you "EJ sucks" guys thought that maybe its the offense as a whole. Is Hackett getting these guys on the same page, are the receivers running good routes. EJ and Woods seem to have success together, and Woods is the best pure route runner on the team. All I am getting at, is that there is more to EJ's lack of success than his ability.
    "If you ain't first... You're last"

• BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Re: EJ is not a lost cause

Originally posted by Dying_-2-_Live View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYRCkpnnlIs

Some of these passes are perfectly thrown balls, placed where only his WR had a chance to catch it. The idea that a PROFESSIONAL QB can't accurately throw a ball is ridiculous. He wouldn't have started for Florida State and he wouldn't have been drafted at all, let alone the first round, if he couldn't throw. Now, obviously something is not clicking yet, maybe he is still nervous, maybe he is over thinking it. But, have any of you "EJ sucks" guys thought that maybe its the offense as a whole. Is Hackett getting these guys on the same page, are the receivers running good routes. EJ and Woods seem to have success together, and Woods is the best pure route runner on the team. All I am getting at, is that there is more to EJ's lack of success than his ability.
    I am an EJ supporter.... As of now. But you could make Mickey Mouse Peyton Mannings or the punk in NE's OC and they would still make the playoffs.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

I fail to see how this video is evidence of his accuracy. It's very wysonian. His problem is the amount of bad throws not that he never makes a good throw.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

If you based a QB's ability solely on their first 10 or so games then you'd have missed many good ones. Come on folks let's get real here, the guy has all the physical abilities in the world as well. We did see him beat Carolina on a game winning drive last season with that toss to Stevie, less we forget all too soon.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Manuel will never be Manning or Rodgers with the textbook tight spirals between the numbers...we can all agree on that, I'm guessing.

He is blessed with 4 WR's ( Williams,Woods,Watkins & Hogan ) who seem to catch everything even remotely close to them. Goodwin is no slouch either. Fred and Spiller both have great hands on swing passes.

Just deliver the freakin' ball without hesitation and the results may be better than we think. We'll know soon enough.. but he does not have to deliver a perfect ball to these guys. They have exceptional hands and camp/game film has shown me that.

Be decisive and fire that rock...or Tuel will be soon doing it. Too many good skill players on O.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
            I fail to see how this video is evidence of his accuracy. It's very wysonian. His problem is the amount of bad throws not that he never makes a good throw.
            The point is his critics say EJ has no ability to accurately throw the ball period which is just not true.

It is doubtful EJ will ever have the accuracy of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, but Eli Manning has won two Super Bowls while not being all that accurate.

I will take that myself.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

This team is built on a plethora of skill players. Getting them the ball is all EJ has to do. Whether it be a jump ball to MW, a screen to Sammy/CJ/Fred, or bombing it deep to Marquise, it's putting the ball in the hands of the players who can produce with it. The inability to do so brings it around full circle, but it really should be that easy for EJ. Get them the ball.
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• GingerP
                • Aug 2012

It is too early to call EJ a lost cause, nobody knows what he will be as a NFL player. A college highlight tape doesn't mean much, though, considering you could make any NFL player look like a stud with a youtube reel.

The biggest thing I didn't like about Manuel coming out of college was his inconsistency, and nothing he has done as a pro makes me feel any different. He can look great on some plays, terrible on others. I think he needs this full season to develop and see what he can do, but I can't help but have reservations.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

I am one of his critics and I never said any such thing. In fact, I think he throws a pretty good ball. However, he seems to miss a lot of plays. It's got as much to do with his not processing right as it does with putting the ball in the wrong place. I'm not looking to nit pick I know a lot of people do that. He's had a lot of time/opportunity to work on the processing issue and I have seen no movement at all on that issue. This is concerning.

Originally posted by better days View Post
                  The point is his critics say EJ has no ability to accurately throw the ball period which is just not true.

It is doubtful EJ will ever have the accuracy of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, but Eli Manning has won two Super Bowls while not being all that accurate.

I will take that myself.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

What is "wysonian"?
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

I am one of his critics and I never said any such thing. In fact, I think he throws a pretty good ball. However, he seems to miss a lot of plays. It's got as much to do with his not processing right as it does with putting the ball in the wrong place. I'm not looking to nit pick I know a lot of people do that. He's had a lot of time/opportunity to work on the processing issue and I have seen no movement at all on that issue. This is concerning.
                      You may not have said any such thing, but others have.

EJ had no time to work on anything his first preseason after being drafted.

He had to report late because of stupid rules about graduating classes then he was injured.

This year he did have to spend time rehabbing in the off season, but he has had much more time to prepare than last year.

Let's see how he does this year.
                      Last edited by better days; 08-11-2014, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

I will take that myself.
                        Folks outside of Bflo or those that follow them, who stumbled upon the HOF game or the CAR game out of curiosity might wonder why BUF decided to play that qb camp fodder so much...
                        Last edited by stuckincincy; 08-11-2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                          What is "wysonian"?
                          Cherry picking your stats to make your point.

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

I will take that myself.
                            Accuracy is not the ability to throw accurately at all times, its the ability to throw accurately relatively consistently which EJ does not.

Eli Manning is very accurate but he has had bad OL and he also is a gunslinger who takes too many chances at times.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Cherry picking your stats to make your point.
                              Oh - it's a government term, then.
                              Last edited by stuckincincy; 08-11-2014, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X