PDA

View Full Version : Fear Sells Tickets

SpikedLemonade
08-12-2014, 11:44 AM
Season-ticket sales over 46,000 for BillsThe Buffalo Bills have tweaked their policy regarding ticket sales for the 2014 season.

The team will no longer announce games as sellouts prior to 72 hours before kickoff, according to Marc Honan, the team's chief marketing officer.

Honan said the Bills were seeing "wild fluctuations" in the ticket market after announcing games as sellouts.
"Fans would go to the secondary ticket market," Honan said, "and end up paying as much for an outdoor seat as they would for a club seat."

Honan did, however, speak in general terms about ticket sales, saying home games against Miami, San Diego, New England, Minnesota and Green Bay have been selling well.

In order, games against Kansas City (Nov. 9), the New York Jets (Nov. 23) and Cleveland (Nov. 30) have the most tickets available, an amount Honan called "significant inventory."

The team has sold more than 46,000 season tickets for the upcoming season, the most since the 2009 season. An exact number will be released shortly after the cutoff of season-ticket sales Aug. 23, the date of the team's first preseason home game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/08/12/season-ticket-sales-46000-bills/

Come on sheeple!!!

I don't want to be blacked out of any Bill home games this year.

Show Jovi you have pride in Buffalo by buying more tickets now.

THATHURMANATOR
08-12-2014, 11:46 AM
I am confused.

Do you want us to buy tickets or are you saying we are idiots for doing so?

Please clarify.

SpikedLemonade
08-12-2014, 11:53 AM
I am confused.

Do you want us to buy tickets or are you saying we are idiots for doing so?

Please clarify.

No no. Please buy them.

I want to see all the games on free TV.

Well other than the one or two I will attend.

THATHURMANATOR
08-12-2014, 11:54 AM
No no. Please buy them.

I already have 5 season tickets so I am done buying anymore but thanks for the clarification.

SpikedLemonade
08-12-2014, 11:54 AM
I already have 5 season tickets so I am done buying anymore but thanks for the clarification.

Thank you brethren.

Historian
08-12-2014, 02:52 PM
This one's on the Bills.

They're the ones who hold back tickets.

tampabay25690
08-12-2014, 06:23 PM
No no. Please buy them.

That's great..
I live in Tampa and still buy seasons to do my part!

Dr. Lecter
08-12-2014, 06:24 PM
As Spiked knows , I have my 6 season tickets.

Sometimes, I even help grumpy Canadians get tickets

cookie G
08-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Well..fear may sell tickets, but the Rogers Center doesn't.

Toronto ...the only city in the world with less attendance for the NFL than a Texas HS football game.

SpikedLemonade
08-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Well..fear may sell tickets, but the Rogers Center doesn't.

Toronto ...the only city in the world with less attendance for the NFL than a Texas HS football game.

I wonder how a Jets and Bills game would sell in KC?

cookie G
08-12-2014, 11:08 PM

If they were trying to get an NFL franchise, pretty damned good, I'd imagine.

For instance, when the Saints were forced to play some games in the Alamodome, they averaged around 95% capacity.

That was for a 3-13 team.

No whining about ...

- The tickets are too high;
- They aren't our team;
- They suck!
- Why do those guys just bunch up in the middle of teh grass and fight each other?

For a city hoping to get an NFL franchise...Gawd taht was embarassing.

Maybe they could try Calgary...or Edmonton, somewhere out west or something...

But you might as well sell a UFC event at an internet cafe. The crowds just don't mix.

better days
08-12-2014, 11:58 PM

What a STUPID post.

KC already has the Chiefs, they don't need the Bills & Jets to watch NFL football.

Now if you said I wonder how a Jets and Bills game would sell in Portland Or, I would say for a regular season game it would be a sell out & MORE than 40,000 seats at that.

SpikedLemonade
08-13-2014, 09:28 AM
Browns are scoring big with ticket sales, renovations

....The physical part of the Browns' renovations — the first phase of the two-year, $120 million redesign of FirstEnergy Stadium — has reduced the number of available seats to 68,000 from 72,000.

Fewer tickets combined with increased demand has meant the Browns have come close to reaching their season-ticket cap.

Scheiner said NFL teams typically reserve 5% to 10% of their tickets for their employees, players (theirs and the visitors), and single-game and group sales.

“Let's say you have about 70,000 capacity, you probably say, "Hey, when I get to about 64,000, I'm done (selling season tickets),' ” Scheiner said.

As of last Monday, Aug. 4, the Browns weren't there yet, but they were close.

“The difference is we've really had to think about that this year,” Scheiner said of the team's season-ticket maximum. “What is that number for us? When do we stop? That's what I don't think they've had here in a long time.”

Last week, the Browns gave season-ticket holders a five-day window to buy individual seats for their two preseason and eight regular-season home games. By the time that sale finished, Scheiner didn't expect many seats would remain when the rest of the tickets are made available to purchase on Aug. 12.

“This year, we've had so much demand for season tickets, we've waited a little (to sell individual seats) because once we go single game, that's it,” Scheiner said. “We can't sell any more season tickets because they'll get scooped up immediately.”...

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20140810/SUB1/308109993/browns-are-scoring-big-with-ticket-sales-renovations#

Ed
08-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Why do NFL games in London and Mexico sell tickets so well? Why does Toronto need a bunch of excuses for being the only international disaster for the NFL?

And $130 million in renovations helps sell season tickets, not fear.

stuckincincy
08-13-2014, 09:54 AM
Season-ticket sales over 46,000 for BillsThe Buffalo Bills have tweaked their policy regarding ticket sales for the 2014 season.

[I]The team will no longer announce games as sellouts prior to 72 hours before kickoff, according to Marc Honan, the team's chief marketing officer.
Honan said the Bills were seeing "wild fluctuations" in the ticket market after announcing games as sellouts.
"Fans would go to the secondary ticket market," Honan said, "and end up paying as much for an outdoor seat as they would for a club seat."
Honan did, however, speak in general terms about ticket sales, saying home games against Miami, San Diego, New England, Minnesota and Green Bay have been selling well.

If they are concerned about not selling out - announce a concession deal...half off beer and soda and hot dogs for the first half. :twirl: