PDA

View Full Version : LOL - camp quote of the day...

swiper
08-13-2014, 05:23 PM
Tim Graham @ByTimGraham (https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham)

Bills O-line getting dominated by Steelers D-line in drill. O-line coach Pat Morris tells Kouandjio "You might as well be Venus de Milo."

Albany,n.y.
08-13-2014, 05:45 PM
I heard that on WGR. The way he's playing, if he wasn't a 2nd round pick they'd cut him. If he continues to be this bad they might just give up & cut him this year in spite of his draft slot. At this point Hopkins is more worth keeping for the long term future than Kouandjio. Good thing Henderson is staying focused. This could be this year's version of when the Bills brought in Jason Peters & Mike Williams and the 1st rounder was the bust while the undrafted guy ended up being what the 1st rounder was supposed to be.

Homegrown
08-13-2014, 06:09 PM
That comment prolly went right over his head.... You know, Alabama 'student athlete'

Night Train
08-13-2014, 06:43 PM
Good grief.

So Kouandjio wasn't ready and needs more coaching. It happens.

He learns footwork for a year while Pears starts. The end of the world has officially arrived.

Sorry Patti.

Mace
08-13-2014, 06:48 PM
Still think Marrone made a mistake hiring Pat Morris and not keeping Joe D'Alessandris, Gailey's O-line coach.

OpIv37
08-13-2014, 07:01 PM
Good grief.

So Kouandjio wasn't ready and needs more coaching. It happens.

He learns footwork for a year while Pears starts. The end of the world has officially arrived.

Sorry Patti.
You do realize that bad draf picks have been holding this team back for years, right?

You do realize that we have a young QB who can't afford to be learning behind a bad OL right?

You do realize that we spent two first round draft picks on a WR and they will be completely wasted if the OL can't protect the QB right?

Only a Bills fan who has accepted mediocrity would say some bull**** like "it's ok if our second round draft pick sucks and the guy we were trying to replace has to keep starting."

DraftBoy
08-13-2014, 07:09 PM
You do realize that bad draf picks have been holding this team back for years, right?

You do realize that we have a young QB who can't afford to be learning behind a bad OL right?

You do realize that we spent two first round draft picks on a WR and they will be completely wasted if the OL can't protect the QB right?

Only a Bills fan who has accepted mediocrity would say some bull**** like "it's ok if our second round draft pick sucks and the guy we were trying to replace has to keep starting."

You do realize labeling a draft pick as bad based on camp reports and two bad preseason play is completely asinine and idiotic, right?

Luisito23
08-13-2014, 07:14 PM
LOL...Only in America.

Thurmal
08-13-2014, 07:32 PM
You do realize labeling a draft pick as bad based on camp reports and two bad preseason play is completely asinine and idiotic, right?
He never labeled Kouandjio as bad. He was letting the previous poster know that he was burying his head in the sand, which he was. This team has earned no benefit of the doubt when it comes to their personnel decisions.

OpIv37
08-13-2014, 08:15 PM

Yeah, I mean no one on this website has ever been called out for making an early complaint about a draft pick only to find out that the person complaining was completely right or anything....

YardRat
08-13-2014, 08:22 PM
KuJo's struggles to this point of camp aside, it's disappointing to hear the oline is getting dominated. It has been a mark of tc so far, but I was hoping that was more evidence of superior talent on our d-line, not more inferior talent on the other side of the ball. Apparently that may not be the case.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-13-2014, 08:59 PM
I have heard in the past that dl often wins early, because they often have simpler assignments. But it's still discouraging, since we really need a dominant performance from the ol and running game to succeed this year.

kingJofNYC
08-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Hated the pick when we made it.

Guy was awful last year, that bowl game he had, oh my. Some of the worst technique I've seen against a speed rusher. Worst part about it, when Whaley was asked about that particular performance he shrugged it off. Obviously you don't want to base everything on one game, but to paraphrase what Whaley said "He won't face guys that are that small and quick in the NFL." Say what Doug? Yeah, he'll face guys like Von Miller instead. Bigger, faster, and even more athletic. IF the runts gave him trouble....

Bama's OL was dog **** last year. Everyone played like crap except for Cyrus' brother.

Still think Marrone made a mistake hiring Pat Morris and not keeping Joe D'Alessandris, Gailey's O-line coach.

I'm not sure what kind of coach Pat Morris is, he's only been here a year and hasn't had much to work with, but Joe D is one of the best in the league hands down. Guy did more with less than just about any coach that's come through Buffalo in the last decade and a half. Chad Rinehart turned into a serviceable pro under Joe D, and we let Chad walk. Joe D got the most out of Pears, and was able to turn Urbik around as well. Hell of a football coach, and when we let him go I was disappointed. Hands down the best coach on Gailey's staff.

Mace
08-13-2014, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure what kind of coach Pat Morris is, he's only been here a year and hasn't had much to work with, but Joe D is one of the best in the league hands down. Guy did more with less than just about any coach that's come through Buffalo in the last decade and a half. Chad Rinehart turned into a serviceable pro under Joe D, and we let Chad walk. Joe D got the most out of Pears, and was able to turn Urbik around as well. Hell of a football coach, and when we let him go I was disappointed. Hands down the best coach on Gailey's staff.

Absolutely agree. Was looking at stats a while ago, he did the same in San Diego now. That's what started me wondering on Marrone, perceived as this OL hands on guy who wasn't very good at being an O-linemen to begin with.

Turf
08-13-2014, 10:02 PM
Please tell me we don't have another group of Pylons running the front office. I don't think I can take anymore of this ****.

better days
08-13-2014, 10:30 PM

Well, I think Marrone made a mistake hiring Danny Crossman to Coach Special teams & maybe it was a mistake to hire Nathaniel Hackett as OC as well.

But Marrone has made some good hires as well like Jim Schwartz & Mike Pettine.

Scumbag College
08-13-2014, 11:19 PM
For the 15th straight year the OL is going to be dog ****. At least they're consistent.

Night Train
08-14-2014, 03:46 AM

I'm not accepting anything. It was an observation about one single player. Way to twist reality.

But feel free to go all First Lady Of American Theater, as always. At least you're consistent. :up:

swiper
08-14-2014, 04:25 AM

Yes, but when your position coach calls a tackle Venus de Milo, you definitely must have some issues.

swiper
08-14-2014, 04:55 AM
Kouandijo may or not work out, but if Henderson and Richardson continue to develop then it's a win for the o-line overall. Not every draft pick pans out. Even high ones. Happens every year.

OpIv37
08-14-2014, 07:21 AM
I'm not accepting anything. It was an observation about one single player. Way to twist reality.

But feel free to go all First Lady Of American Theater, as always. At least you're consistent. :up:

You want to talk consistency? Consistently poor drafting, consistently poor results on the field.

Try to make it about me by accusing me of theatrics if you want, but this is a rerun and we both know how it ends.

DesertFox24
08-14-2014, 08:07 AM
Cryus' issues have all to do with technique. He is a guy who was always bigger faster stronger than everyone he was playing so he never had to refine his technique even in college.

He is a super talented man, but unless he works on his technique and stops being lazy with technique in games he will never be the talent he can be.

I am expecting to see a big rise in him next year, a year of strength training and working on his technique should make it second nature.

The other positive for these joint practices is it is like live games for EJ and the rookies, which will only speed up the learning curve.

DesertFox24
08-14-2014, 08:09 AM
You want to talk consistency? Consistently poor drafting, consistently poor results on the field.

Try to make it about me by accusing me of theatrics if you want, but this is a rerun and we both know how it ends.

We have actually drafted fairly well. We have made bad decisions in free agency and not resigning our own, and bad coaching hires.

Hopefully Doug and Doug will be the end to that, and have even better draft success.

better days
08-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Cryus' issues have all to do with technique. He is a guy who was always bigger faster stronger than everyone he was playing so he never had to refine his technique even in college.

He is a super talented man, but unless he works on his technique and stops being lazy with technique in games he will never be the talent he can be.

I am expecting to see a big rise in him next year, a year of strength training and working on his technique should make it second nature.

The other positive for these joint practices is it is like live games for EJ and the rookies, which will only speed up the learning curve.

Cryus could not have been drafted by a better team.

The HC, a former OL himself. If Cryus has anything in him, Marrone will get it out.

DraftBoy
08-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I mean no one on this website has ever been called out for making an early complaint about a draft pick only to find out that the person complaining was completely right or anything....

Nope and nobody on this website has ever claimed to be right about something they are completely wrong about and don't even full understand either....

OpIv37
08-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Nope and nobody on this website has ever claimed to be right about something they are completely wrong about and don't even full understand either....

Right I forgot... You're the resident expert on every topic. Sorry.

trapezeus
08-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Please tell me we don't have another group of Pylons running the front office. I don't think I can take anymore of this ****.

good news is that we don't have another group of pylons running the front office
bad news is that they are the SAME group of pylons running the front office.

swiper
08-14-2014, 12:21 PM

ROFL. He's a prime example of the claim he just tried to make.

DraftBoy
08-14-2014, 01:18 PM

No more so than you think you are. Let's not act like we don't come from the same angle with differing viewpoints on nearly every issue with the Bills.

kishoph
08-14-2014, 01:40 PM
For the 15th straight year the OL is going to be dog ****. At least they're consistent.

Considering they were the #1 ranked OL in 2011, in the top 10 in both rushing (#6) and sacks allowed (#10) in 2012 and the #2 rushing team in 2013, that's not too bad for a line that's "dog ****".

Mace
08-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Well, I think Marrone made a mistake hiring Danny Crossman to Coach Special teams & maybe it was a mistake to hire Nathaniel Hackett as OC as well.

But Marrone has made some good hires as well like Jim Schwartz & Mike Pettine.

Pettine yes, still unsure about Schwartz. Crossman, meh. Hackett, well, that leads me to what I still think will prove to be his fatal mistake, no QB coach with a stable of young QB's and an inexperienced OC, then hiring one who made Stafford regress. It's confounding.

better days
08-14-2014, 06:19 PM
Pettine yes, still unsure about Schwartz. Crossman, meh. Hackett, well, that leads me to what I still think will prove to be his fatal mistake, no QB coach with a stable of young QB's and an inexperienced OC, then hiring one who made Stafford regress. It's confounding.

So the question is which is worse.....No QB Coach or a mediocre QB Coach?

I think by the end of the season people will be HAPPY Schwartz is the Bills DC.

Mace
08-14-2014, 08:28 PM
So the question is which is worse.....No QB Coach or a mediocre QB Coach?

I think by the end of the season people will be HAPPY Schwartz is the Bills DC.

Well in year 1, no qb coach, in year 2, a bad one.

Albany,n.y.
08-15-2014, 05:03 PM

That would mean that cutting any rookie in camp is completely asinine & idiotic, right?

When a rookie is really bad, the coaches can pretty much tell right away. If he's a 2nd round pick they usually give him a roster spot and make him inactive every week. If he's a late round pick he gets cut & is never heard from again. 2-3 years from now Kouandjio will have a real job, he should be looking this September, but politics get in the way.

For some guys it's pretty evident early on the NFL isn't their game. I'm willing to say it now-he's a bust. He appears to have no instincts for the position in the NFL.

DraftBoy
08-15-2014, 05:48 PM
That would mean that cutting any rookie in camp is completely asinine & idiotic, right?

When a rookie is really bad, the coaches can pretty much tell right away. If he's a 2nd round pick they usually give him a roster spot and make him inactive every week. If he's a late round pick he gets cut & is never heard from again. 2-3 years from now Kouandjio will have a real job, he should be looking this September, but politics get in the way.

For some guys it's pretty evident early on the NFL isn't their game. I'm willing to say it now-he's a bust. He appears to have no instincts for the position in the NFL.

You're drawing a parallel between coaches who know what they're looking at, review the tape constantly, are in the team meetings, and know the guys work ethic and camp reporters that write about guys but who have greatly varying ability to understand the game themselves whose reports are then further watered down and interpreted by fans who then label a guy when it is both asinine and stupid.

It's not the same thing, so no that's not right.

And I'm not saying Kujo will be a star or even good, I'm simply saying that we have so little to go off of its pointless to make that determination right now.

stuckincincy
08-15-2014, 06:13 PM
You're drawing a parallel between coaches who know what they're looking at, review the tape constantly, are in the team meetings, and know the guys work ethic and camp reporters that write about guys but who have greatly varying ability to understand the game themselves whose reports are then further watered down and interpreted by fans who then label a guy when it is both asinine and stupid.

It's not the same thing, so no that's not right.

And I'm not saying Kujo will be a star or even good, I'm simply saying that we have so little to go off of its pointless to make that determination right now.

And I'm still saying kick Kujo in the shins and put him on IR because the only way you keep 3 rookie OLs on your team is if you have a powerhouse starting 5 and that the Almighty grants that 5 season-long good health.

DraftBoy
08-15-2014, 08:23 PM
And I'm still saying kick Kujo in the shins and put him on IR because the only way you keep 3 rookie OLs on your team is if you have a powerhouse starting 5 and that the Almighty grants that 5 season-long good health.

And replace him with?

Dr. Lecter
08-15-2014, 09:26 PM
And replace him with?

Hairston?

IlluminatusUIUC
08-15-2014, 10:15 PM
Well if Henderson is still playing aabove his draft slot, give him a shot?

DraftBoy
08-16-2014, 05:31 PM
Hairston?

Are we assuming if Kujo makes the team that Hairston doesn't? I don't think its one or the other.