• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

LOL - camp quote of the day...

Tim Graham @ByTimGraham

Bills O-line getting dominated by Steelers D-line in drill. O-line coach Pat Morris tells Kouandjio "You might as well be Venus de Milo."
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

Re: LOL - camp quote of the day...

I heard that on WGR. The way he's playing, if he wasn't a 2nd round pick they'd cut him. If he continues to be this bad they might just give up & cut him this year in spite of his draft slot. At this point Hopkins is more worth keeping for the long term future than Kouandjio. Good thing Henderson is staying focused. This could be this year's version of when the Bills brought in Jason Peters & Mike Williams and the 1st rounder was the bust while the undrafted guy ended up being what the 1st rounder was supposed to be.

Comment

• Homegrown
      Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
      • Jul 2008

That comment prolly went right over his head.... You know, Alabama 'student athlete'

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Good grief.

So Kouandjio wasn't ready and needs more coaching. It happens.

He learns footwork for a year while Pears starts. The end of the world has officially arrived.

Sorry Patti.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Still think Marrone made a mistake hiring Pat Morris and not keeping Joe D'Alessandris, Gailey's O-line coach.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
            Good grief.

So Kouandjio wasn't ready and needs more coaching. It happens.

He learns footwork for a year while Pears starts. The end of the world has officially arrived.

Sorry Patti.
            You do realize that bad draf picks have been holding this team back for years, right?

You do realize that we have a young QB who can't afford to be learning behind a bad OL right?

You do realize that we spent two first round draft picks on a WR and they will be completely wasted if the OL can't protect the QB right?

Only a Bills fan who has accepted mediocrity would say some bull**** like "it's ok if our second round draft pick sucks and the guy we were trying to replace has to keep starting."
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              You do realize that bad draf picks have been holding this team back for years, right?

You do realize that we have a young QB who can't afford to be learning behind a bad OL right?

You do realize that we spent two first round draft picks on a WR and they will be completely wasted if the OL can't protect the QB right?

Only a Bills fan who has accepted mediocrity would say some bull**** like "it's ok if our second round draft pick sucks and the guy we were trying to replace has to keep starting."
              You do realize labeling a draft pick as bad based on camp reports and two bad preseason play is completely asinine and idiotic, right?
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

LOL...Only in America.
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Thurmal
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                  You do realize labeling a draft pick as bad based on camp reports and two bad preseason play is completely asinine and idiotic, right?
                  He never labeled Kouandjio as bad. He was letting the previous poster know that he was burying his head in the sand, which he was. This team has earned no benefit of the doubt when it comes to their personnel decisions.
                  "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                    Yeah, I mean no one on this website has ever been called out for making an early complaint about a draft pick only to find out that the person complaining was completely right or anything....
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

KuJo's struggles to this point of camp aside, it's disappointing to hear the oline is getting dominated. It has been a mark of tc so far, but I was hoping that was more evidence of superior talent on our d-line, not more inferior talent on the other side of the ball. Apparently that may not be the case.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

I have heard in the past that dl often wins early, because they often have simpler assignments. But it's still discouraging, since we really need a dominant performance from the ol and running game to succeed this year.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                          • Sep 2009

Hated the pick when we made it.

Guy was awful last year, that bowl game he had, oh my. Some of the worst technique I've seen against a speed rusher. Worst part about it, when Whaley was asked about that particular performance he shrugged it off. Obviously you don't want to base everything on one game, but to paraphrase what Whaley said "He won't face guys that are that small and quick in the NFL." Say what Doug? Yeah, he'll face guys like Von Miller instead. Bigger, faster, and even more athletic. IF the runts gave him trouble....

Bama's OL was dog **** last year. Everyone played like crap except for Cyrus' brother.

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                          Still think Marrone made a mistake hiring Pat Morris and not keeping Joe D'Alessandris, Gailey's O-line coach.
                          I'm not sure what kind of coach Pat Morris is, he's only been here a year and hasn't had much to work with, but Joe D is one of the best in the league hands down. Guy did more with less than just about any coach that's come through Buffalo in the last decade and a half. Chad Rinehart turned into a serviceable pro under Joe D, and we let Chad walk. Joe D got the most out of Pears, and was able to turn Urbik around as well. Hell of a football coach, and when we let him go I was disappointed. Hands down the best coach on Gailey's staff.
                          Last edited by kingJofNYC; 08-13-2014, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                            I'm not sure what kind of coach Pat Morris is, he's only been here a year and hasn't had much to work with, but Joe D is one of the best in the league hands down. Guy did more with less than just about any coach that's come through Buffalo in the last decade and a half. Chad Rinehart turned into a serviceable pro under Joe D, and we let Chad walk. Joe D got the most out of Pears, and was able to turn Urbik around as well. Hell of a football coach, and when we let him go I was disappointed. Hands down the best coach on Gailey's staff.
                            Absolutely agree. Was looking at stats a while ago, he did the same in San Diego now. That's what started me wondering on Marrone, perceived as this OL hands on guy who wasn't very good at being an O-linemen to begin with.

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

Please tell me we don't have another group of Pylons running the front office. I don't think I can take anymore of this ****.
                              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X