PDA

View Full Version : PS Game #3, traditionally the vet tune-up...expectations?

stuckincincy
08-14-2014, 01:42 PM
Will BUF@PGH be a traditional team tune-up game for BUF? It's their 3rd after the HOF game.

Breaking Down the Progression of the NFL Preseason
By Matt Bowen , NFL National Lead Writer August 13, 2014

..."Week 3: Game Plans, Regular-Season Prep for the Starters - After the second preseason game, NFL clubs will break camp to establish a regular-season practice schedule—or routine—while simulating a "game week" at the team facility. This is when teams hand out game plans and study tape, tendencies and other traits of the opposing team in position meetings while scripting each practice (first-/second-down install, third down, red zone) as they would in the regular season."...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2160300-breaking-down-the-progression-of-the-nfl-preseason

How do you think the BUF staff will act? Treat this as game #2 or #3?

OpIv37
08-14-2014, 01:48 PM
The Bucs game has to be treated as the 3rd PS game. Doing a first team tune up 3 weeks before the first game is pointless.

ServoBillieves
08-14-2014, 01:58 PM
What Op said. The Gnats HOF game is a pre-preseason spectacle just to bring back football a week earlier. We analyze it to death just because it's "finally here!" but in reality we will see the tune up at the Ralph vs. the Bucs.

stuckincincy
08-14-2014, 02:14 PM
The Bucs game has to be treated as the 3rd PS game. Doing a first team tune up 3 weeks before the first game is pointless.

I think you meant to type that this one should be treated as the "2nd" ps game.

But I don't know - they kept in the putative 1st teamers on both sides of the ball against CAR for an extended time. I think they are in a bind, trying to figure out how to determine if Manual is a go, as well as how to figure out how to sort out drafting 3 OLs. As well as having to deal with the loss of Alonso - and even if not injured, there is always the questions about a rookie phenom, adding in plans to move him to OLB which is not as free-ranging as the MLB spot.

They purchased Brandon Spikes, so surely Alonso was going to be kicked outside.

DesertFox24
08-14-2014, 02:54 PM
I would rather our first team offense play the whole first half.

I think a quarter and a series in the second quarter is enough for the defense.

EJ and the offense need all the reps they can get even if against 2nd teamers

stuckincincy
08-14-2014, 03:10 PM
I would rather our first team offense play the whole first half.

I think a quarter and a series in the second quarter is enough for the defense.

EJ and the offense need all the reps they can get even if against 2nd teamers

I agree completely.

They drafted Manual, the question marks swirl, so the sooner they can figure out things, the better. That's not the normal pre-season thing at this stage, but cripes, BUF has been hunting a qb since Kelly hung up the cleats...

SquishDaFish
08-14-2014, 03:11 PM
TB game will be the tuneup where starters play most of the game