PDA

View Full Version : Watched EJ Manuals Games from Last year

DesertFox24
08-14-2014, 02:34 PM
yes I watched the games and did not pay a single bit of attention to EJ or what the pass did.

I was looking at the OL, specifically Cordy Glenn.

I will just say it this guy is good really good, in fact I think he could develop into an all pro and potentially a HOF if he keeps up the pace. Watching him and his balance reminded me of the Walter Jones cut ups I saw during the HOF week. Cordy has excellent balance does not get over extended and is strong at the point of attack, he could very well prove to be the best LT in the game this season and I am very excited about his and Eric Woods future.

Our guards were terrible and RT was terrible last year as well. Pears has looked better in this preseason so will be interesting to watch.

better days
08-14-2014, 02:36 PM
With improved OL play this year, I expect the run game to be better as well.

stuckincincy
08-14-2014, 02:38 PM
yes I watched the games and did not pay a single bit of attention to EJ or what the pass did.

I was looking at the OL, specifically Cordy Glenn.

I will just say it this guy is good really good, in fact I think he could develop into an all pro and potentially a HOF if he keeps up the pace. Watching him and his balance reminded me of the Walter Jones cut ups I saw during the HOF week. Cordy has excellent balance does not get over extended and is strong at the point of attack, he could very well prove to be the best LT in the game this season and I am very excited about his and Eric Woods future.

Our guards were terrible and RT was terrible last year as well. Pears has looked better in this preseason so will be interesting to watch.

Thanks for the OL rundown, and about Glenn. Without decent LT (and C) play, it's tough to build a line.

DesertFox24
08-14-2014, 02:44 PM
I am telling you the dude was impressive does not lean with his body or overextend and has great strength. Also has a knack for knowing when to release right before a hold will be called.

Pretty much the first paragraph is what is wrong with Cryus and it can be fixed with technique and desire. The one thing Cryus does not have over Glenn though is foot speed and ability to change direction fast enough and still stay in front of defender. Perfect example of this is the greg hardy sack against Henderson in the last preseason game. Henderson did very well till the spin move, Henderson anchored his feet to prepare for bull rush and did not stay on his toes, which is why he could not move fast enough to stay in front of hardy on the sack. Althought the sack was really caused by the DT killing the guard henderson should have stayed on the the balls of feet (Toes) so that he could slide faster.

stuckincincy
08-14-2014, 02:59 PM
I am telling you the dude was impressive does not lean with his body or overextend and has great strength. Also has a knack for knowing when to release right before a hold will be called.

Pretty much the first paragraph is what is wrong with Cryus and it can be fixed with technique and desire. The one thing Cryus does not have over Glenn though is foot speed and ability to change direction fast enough and still stay in front of defender. Perfect example of this is the greg hardy sack against Henderson in the last preseason game. Henderson did very well till the spin move, Henderson anchored his feet to prepare for bull rush and did not stay on his toes, which is why he could not move fast enough to stay in front of hardy on the sack. Althought the sack was really caused by the DT killing the guard henderson should have stayed on the the balls of feet (Toes) so that he could slide faster.

I'm wary about drafting players from Alabama. They have a powerful program, attract players, cultivate prima donnas. Saban runs them ragged. Trent Richardson. Mark Ingram. CIN drafted Andre Smith as LT, and in his 3rd year, became a decent RT. And a chronic camp missing person. Hasn't taken a snap in a game yet. Add in CB Dre Kirkpatrick - another camper who comes up hurt and when playing, divided time between getting horribly burned and the occasional opportunistic play.

They continued their idiocy, wasting a 5th on the injured and petulant Alabama qb AJ McCarron. That waste of a pick likely will be dumped onto the IR list.

Say no to drafting Alabama players.

BuffaloRedleg
08-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Even an average QB will look good with superb offensive line play.

If we dominated on the offensive line I think you'd see a different EJ.

I'm not confident we'll do that however, which is a shame. Hopefully the new guys work out.

swiper
08-14-2014, 05:07 PM
I was hopeful he could be adequately replaced, but the Bills really miss Levitre.

JoeMama
08-16-2014, 06:58 AM
I was hopeful he could be adequately replaced, but the Bills really miss Levitre.

The team clearly is hurting without him.

But you'd never know it based on the huge majority of Bills fans who are all like, "YA WE R BETTER OFF WITTOUT THAT OVARPRIZED BUM!!!"

You and I may still nurse a grudge that we let him walk.

But then again, we're interested in winning games. Not padding a late owner's pocketbook.

So now we're stuck with what the bonehead homers wanted at LG -- Chris ****ing Williams.

Thanks guys.

better days
08-16-2014, 07:16 AM

But you'd never know it based on the huge majority of Bills fans who are all like, "YA WE R BETTER OFF WITTOUT THAT OVARPRIZED BUM!!!"

But then again, we're interested in winning games. Not padding a late owner's pocketbook.

So now we're stuck with what the bonehead homers wanted at LG -- Chris ****ing Williams.

Thanks guys.

Well, I have been accused of being a homer, but I *****ed probably more than anyone on this board when they let Levitre walk.

I was told he would be easy to replace.

No question he was missed last year, I just hope they have someone that can do a better job this year.

YardRat
08-16-2014, 05:18 PM

Thanks guys.

Get a grip. Post the dollar amount that Ralph 'pocketed' by not signing Levitre, or STFU.

There isn't a one-trick pony o-lineman in the league worth the money Levitre got, and he sure as hell isn't.

JoeMama
08-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Get a grip. Post the dollar amount that Ralph 'pocketed' by not signing Levitre, or STFU.

There isn't a one-trick pony o-lineman in the league worth the money Levitre got, and he sure as hell isn't.

You're one of the guys I'm talking about. A bigger fan of the front office than the team.

You get as excited when they nickel & dime a player as I do when F-Jax scores a touchdown.

We're in this for different reasons. I seem to remember you saying skipping on Levitre would free things up for Byrd, then by the time Byrd came up for a deal, you started changing the narrative and saying he sucked and wasn't worth the money.

You're just a shill for whatever those clowns do.

Mike
08-17-2014, 11:10 AM
Well, I have been accused of being a homer, but I *****ed probably more than anyone on this board when they let Levitre walk.

I was told he would be easy to replace.

No question he was missed last year, I just hope they have someone that can do a better job this year.

I can see you 'switched' sides on this one.

The homers on this were very much into letting our best lineman go because they didn't think he was worth $8m/yr and boy were they WRONG!

Then the same thing happened with Byrd, the homers didn't think he was worth $9M/yr and when this secondary Really gets torched -and they will just like they have been in preseason- you can thank One Cheap Owner and Dozens of boneheaded Homers who are more interested is saving an old billionaire $$$ than winning.

Mike
08-17-2014, 11:25 AM

It's pretty simply math. See how much they benefited financially by not signing him or replacing him.

Levitre Sal - Replacement Sal = Expense Difference x number years difference persists

This expense difference is a direct savings on Expense which in turn increase profit by said amount.

So, if Bills have a $30M operation profit and saved $7M on not signing Levitre, had they signed him, they would have made $23M instead.

Now multiple this times number years that Levitre makes more than his replacement & that's your answer !