PDA

View Full Version : LA suitors explored buying Bills, found that moving team wasn't going to happen

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Much can be gleaned from the Buffalo Bills sale process from those no longer involved in it.

The Buffalo News has learned at least two suitors from Los Angeles signed the nondisclosure agreement but abandoned pursuit upon discovering how much opposition there would be to moving the team.

The News has confirmed billionaire philanthropist Eli Broad signed the nondisclosure agreement to review the Bills' confidential data in contemplation of buying the team. Since the late 1990s, Broad has been vocal about the importance of bringing the NFL back to Los Angeles and has declared he's the man to do it.

But sources say Broad examined the Bills and came away discouraged about moving the team because the NFL and too many powerful politicians are against it.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/08/14/los-angeles-suitors-explored-buying-bills-quickly-found-moving-team-wasnt-going-happen/

bleve
08-14-2014, 09:42 PM

OpIv37
08-14-2014, 10:05 PM
RCW? The article cites "the NFL and too many powerful politicians." That has nothing to do with Ralph.

bleve
08-14-2014, 10:12 PM
RCW? The article cites "the NFL and too many powerful politicians." That has nothing to do with Ralph.

Sorry, I was thinking that there's a reason "the NFL and too many powerful politicians" have this stance - big picture kinda thing.

Ralph is cheap.

Is that better?

OpIv37
08-14-2014, 10:30 PM
Sorry, I was thinking that there's a reason "the NFL and too many powerful politicians" have this stance - big picture kinda thing.

Ralph is cheap.

Is that better?
Ralph did one good thing. He gave us a team. He then rested on his laurels for 53 years of football that was mostly **** while the ignorami stood there and gave him credit for simply not undoing the one good thing he ever did because he didn't move the team.

People in WNY are passionate about the team because that's how we are. If the NFL doesn't want to move the team it's because of money. If the politicians don't want to move the team it's because they don't want to piss off the WNYers who vote for them.

It has nothing to do with Ralph.

better days
08-14-2014, 11:33 PM

Sure, ignore the fact Ralph never moved the Bills like the Colts, Cards, Rams, Browns, Raiders, Oilers & Chargers did.

Also ignore the lease the Bills signed before Ralph died.

LMAO at you.

k-oneputt
08-15-2014, 04:00 AM
That's funny, I was told on this board by many that those politicians {ie: Schumer} didn't have any pull.

Historian
08-15-2014, 04:32 AM
When all this is over, I really hope somebody writes a book about it.

Dr. Lecter
08-15-2014, 05:24 AM
Ralph did one good thing. He gave us a team. He then rested on his laurels for 53 years of football that was mostly **** while the ignorami stood there and gave him credit for simply not undoing the one good thing he ever did because he didn't move the team.

People in WNY are passionate about the team because that's how we are. If the NFL doesn't want to move the team it's because of money. If the politicians don't want to move the team it's because they don't want to piss off the WNYers who vote for them.

It has nothing to do with Ralph.

Except for the whole lease and non-relocation agreement.

Or did he have nothing to do with that?

stuckincincy
08-15-2014, 05:43 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Only-Barnum-Tremendous-Stupendous/dp/0375841970/ref=sr_1_6/180-0442146-9028632?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1408101128&sr=1-6&keywords=pt+barnum

trapezeus
08-15-2014, 07:22 AM

you want to read about this all over again? :-)

i think it would be cool to read if it was written like "game change". a couple different views on the different camps as they processed through. Though it would never happen.

the only guy who would know about it intimately enough to be able to write a pretty interesting telling of it would be Brandon because he's hearing all the pitches.

ParanoidAndroid
08-15-2014, 07:23 AM

Were you somehow offended by his picture? No opportunity lost to complain.

Historian
08-15-2014, 07:25 AM
LA should get the next expansion team.

They can reconstitute the LA Dons.

OpIv37
08-15-2014, 07:26 AM
Sure, ignore the fact Ralph never moved the Bills like the Colts, Cards, Rams, Browns, Raiders, Oilers & Chargers did.

Also ignore the lease the Bills signed before Ralph died.

LMAO at you.

Like I said: Ralph did one good thing. He gave us a team. People like you insist on giving him credit for simply not undoing that one thing.

And btw, how is it that Ralph was not involved in day to day operations for the last few years but somehow gets credit for the lease? You can't have it both ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Were you somehow offended by his picture? No opportunity lost to complain.

I'm sick and tired of people giving Ralph far more credit than he deserves and I will fight this battle every time it comes up.

OpIv37
08-15-2014, 07:29 AM
Except for the whole lease and non-relocation agreement.

Or did he have nothing to do with that?
I don't know. People keep telling me that Ralph removed himself from day to day operations, that Brandon was in charge, that he didn't meddle and wasn't involved, that he wasn't healthy enough, but now he gets credit for the lease?

And even if he does get credit for it once again: it is simply not undoing the one good thing he did in giving us a team. That's it.

better days
08-15-2014, 09:31 AM
I don't know. People keep telling me that Ralph removed himself from day to day operations, that Brandon was in charge, that he didn't meddle and wasn't involved, that he wasn't healthy enough, but now he gets credit for the lease?

And even if he does get credit for it once again: it is simply not undoing the one good thing he did in giving us a team. That's it.

You say that one thing as if it is a minor thing.

Well, that one thing Ralph did, bringing the Bills to Buffalo & keeping them in Buffalo is not minor, it is HUGE.

Enough credit can not be given to Ralph for what he did.

- - - Updated - - -

you want to read about this all over again? :-)

i think it would be cool to read if it was written like "game change". a couple different views on the different camps as they processed through. Though it would never happen.

the only guy who would know about it intimately enough to be able to write a pretty interesting telling of it would be Brandon because he's hearing all the pitches.

Kevin Costner movie.

OpIv37
08-15-2014, 09:36 AM
You say that one thing as if it is a minor thing.

Well, that one thing Ralph did, bringing the Bills to Buffalo & keeping them in Buffalo is not minor, it is HUGE.

- - - Updated - - -

Kevin Costner movie.

It was also 54 years ago, and he followed it up with a LOT of terrible football. 2 AFL championships, the 90's were fun, and the rest was a steaming pile of dog ****. Ralph was cheap and he ran a good ole' boys club. The way he ran the organization cost us a lot of football games.

We just finished up a big important project at work. I wish I could follow the Ralph Wilson formula and be mediocre for fhe next 50 years while people talk about how great I am.

Fletch
08-15-2014, 09:44 AM

Ralph is cheap.

Is that better?

4th post. That didn't take long.

Fletch
08-15-2014, 09:45 AM
That's funny, I was told on this board by many that those politicians {ie: Schumer} didn't have any pull.

You serious?

Without money, your money if you live in NYS, they don't. They can't simply decide that the team's not going to move. Business decisions will decide that.

better days
08-15-2014, 09:49 AM
It was also 54 years ago, and he followed it up with a LOT of terrible football. 2 AFL championships, the 90's were fun, and the rest was a steaming pile of dog ****. Ralph was cheap and he ran a good ole' boys club. The way he ran the organization cost us a lot of football games.

We just finished up a big important project at work. I wish I could follow the Ralph Wilson formula and be mediocre for fhe next 50 years while people talk about how great I am.

If you ever do ANYTHING as GREAT as Ralph did, people will talk about how great you are when your time has come to an end.

OpIv37
08-15-2014, 09:52 AM
If you ever do ANYTHING as GREAT as Ralph did, people will talk about how great you are when your time has come to an end.

Wha Ralph did was great but not great enough to excuse 54 years of mediocrity.

better days
08-15-2014, 10:13 AM
Wha Ralph did was great but not great enough to excuse 54 years of mediocrity.

Well, that is just BS. I already pointed out to you that not all that time was mediocre.

And even if it were, YES it would be enough to excuse it for most people.

The Cubs have been mediocre for about 100 years & people still love them.

OpIv37
08-15-2014, 10:18 AM
Well, that is just BS. I already pointed out to you that not all that time was mediocre.

And even if it were, YES it would be enough to excuse it for most people.

The Cubs have been mediocre for about 100 years & people still love them.

I never said that every year was mediocre. But if you look at the entire 54 years as a whole and compare it to what the rest of the league has done in that time span, and Ralph's accomplishments are very mediocre. We are on par win the Browns, Jets, Bengals, Cardinals and Lions in terms of being the dregs of the NFL.

Yes, people still love the Cubs. But I never said anything about not liking the team. We are talking about the owner. I don't see Cubs fans kissing the original owner's ass.

better days
08-15-2014, 10:20 AM
I never said that every year was mediocre. But if you look at the entire 54 years as a whole and compare it to what the rest of the league has done in that time span, and Ralph's accomplishments are very mediocre. We are on par win the Browns, Jets, Bengals, Cardinals and Lions in terms of being the dregs of the NFL.

Yes, people still love the Cubs. I don't see anyone kissing the original owner's ass though......

I can't even say who the original owner of the Cubs was, but then I am not a Chicago native.

Was it Wrigley?

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-15-2014, 10:23 AM

Yes, people still love the Cubs. I don't see anyone kissing the original owner's ass though......

slightly different metric OP

1) the cubs are in a city where there are the blackhawks, white sox, bears, etc whereas in terms of 'major league' sports, all there is otherwise are the sabres
2) no one alive is old enough to know/remember the original cubs owner.

putting those two things together gives a completely different story IMO

BLeonard
08-15-2014, 02:04 PM
As a Cubs fan for my entire life, I feel qualified to chime in here:

The Original owner of the Cubs was William A. Hulbert (yes, I knew that without googling it). The Wrigleys didn't take over until the early 1920's and there were a couple owners inbetween.... Those I don't know without googling. The Tribune Company took over in 1981 and the Ricketts family took over in 2009.

Most Cubs fans, including myself, have long despised the Cubs ownership, whether it be the Tribune Company or the Ricketts family. Currently, both of these owners have seen the Cubs as little more than a way to promote the real star of the Cubs, Wrigley Field. The Wrigley family did it as well, but I was 3 in 1981, so it's really not fair for me to judge them too much... But, reading Cubs history, they seemed to be more about marketing the ballpark than winning games on the diamond.

So, yeah, there's certainly not many Cubs fans that are gonna be thankful to the Ricketts family (or the Tribune Company, or any other previous owner) for simply not moving the team. They expect results on the field.

When results don't happen for prolonged periods of time, articles like this come out: http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/20159/attendance-in-2013-lowest-in-last-15-years

The Cubs finished their homestand with a 4-2 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday in front of an announced crowd of 26,171. That cemented their worst season of attendance since 1998.

The Cubs drew 2,642,682 in paid attendance, their worst total since 2,623,194 paid to get into Wrigley Field during Sammy Sosa’s magical home run season.

The Cubs have lost an average of 8,118 fans a game in the past five seasons. Given that the average ticket price is $44.55 (not including the club seats), that's a big drop in revenue.

This drop isn't lost on the Cubs' front office. While the baseball operations department won't get a big increase in spending, like it did in 2007, the ticket department has hired new sales people to plumb the lengthy season ticket waiting list for sales.

But the sales pitch of "Wait 'Til Next Year" just might not work anymore until fans see real on-field results.

So, yeah, Cubs fans love their team, just like Bills fans love theirs... The difference is, Cubs fans won't pay (and be thankful to the owner) for mediocrity. They expect more. I wish more Bills fans felt the same.

-Bill

better days
08-15-2014, 02:29 PM
As a Cubs fan for my entire life, I feel qualified to chime in here:

The Original owner of the Cubs was William A. Hulbert (yes, I knew that without googling it). The Wrigleys didn't take over until the early 1920's and there were a couple owners inbetween.... Those I don't know without googling. The Tribune Company took over in 1981 and the Ricketts family took over in 2009.

Most Cubs fans, including myself, have long despised the Cubs ownership, whether it be the Tribune Company or the Ricketts family. Currently, both of these owners have seen the Cubs as little more than a way to promote the real star of the Cubs, Wrigley Field. The Wrigley family did it as well, but I was 3 in 1981, so it's really not fair for me to judge them too much... But, reading Cubs history, they seemed to be more about marketing the ballpark than winning games on the diamond.

So, yeah, there's certainly not many Cubs fans that are gonna be thankful to the Ricketts family (or the Tribune Company, or any other previous owner) for simply not moving the team. They expect results on the field.

When results don't happen for prolonged periods of time, articles like this come out: http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/20159/attendance-in-2013-lowest-in-last-15-years

So, yeah, Cubs fans love their team, just like Bills fans love theirs... The difference is, Cubs fans won't pay (and be thankful to the owner) for mediocrity. They expect more. I wish more Bills fans felt the same.

-Bill

Don't the Cubs have great attendance? I don't know what you mean when you say Cubs fans won't pay.

OpIv37
08-15-2014, 02:31 PM
Don't the Cubs have great attendance? I don't know what you mean when you say Cubs fans won't pay.

Did you not read what he just posted? The Cubs are posting record low attendance numbers and their average attendance is down 8k a game from 5 years ago.

BLeonard
08-15-2014, 02:44 PM

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/30/30550314f044d524962bfa95df8d92716d1b0fe65ee74f20c49e3cc5d086b972.jpg

If you don't wanna read my post, all's you gotta do is read the title of the link I posted:

Attendance in 2013 lowest in last 15 years

Attendance has declined in every year that Ricketts has owned the team... So, I don't think any Cubs fans are holding parades thanking them for simply not moving the team.

To make it simple for you, the last time the Cubs' attendance was as low as it was last season, the Rob Johnson/Doug Flutie debate hadn't even started.

-Bill

better days
08-15-2014, 02:54 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/30/30550314f044d524962bfa95df8d92716d1b0fe65ee74f20c49e3cc5d086b972.jpg

If you don't wanna read my post, all's you gotta do is read the title of the link I posted:

Attendance has declined in every year that Ricketts has owned the team... So, I don't think any Cubs fans are holding parades thanking them for simply not moving the team.

To make it simple for you, the last time the Cubs' attendance was as low as it was last season, the Rob Johnson/Doug Flutie debate hadn't even started.

-Bill

OK, yeah I didn't read the article.

But the Cubs have never been in danger of moving. Where could the Cubs move to & get better attendance than they did in 2013?

I think that is a HUGE difference between the Cubs & Bills. Ralph could have moved the Bills & made much more money.

That is not true about the Cubs.

stuckincincy
08-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Did you not read what he just posted? The Cubs are posting record low attendance numbers and their average attendance is down 8k a game from 5 years ago.

Tunnel vision can be physical as well as mental. I think we should just leave it at that.

BLeonard
08-15-2014, 03:15 PM
OK, yeah I didn't read the article.

But the Cubs have never been in danger of moving. Where could the Cubs move to & get better attendance than they did in 2013?

I think that is a HUGE difference between the Cubs & Bills. Ralph could have moved the Bills & made much more money.

That is not true about the Cubs.

So, that gives Ralph a pass for the Bills being ****ty for the majority of his tenure as owner?

This is EXACTLY what OP is talking about... Some people are excusing the ****tiness of the product, simply because the owner didn't take it away, instead of demanding that the product be better.

I, for one, am not "just happy to have a team in Buffalo." I expect that team to produce results on the field (winning games). when that doesn't happen for a prolonged period of time (14 years at last count) I refuse to support them financially.... Just like Cubs fans do when the Cubs are ****ty for extended periods of time.

You say "The Cubs have been mediocre for about 100 years," but fail to realize that, since the Bills last playoff game, the Cubs have made the postseason three times (03, 07, 08).

We all know that the Bills have the longest streak in the NFL without a playoff appearance... But, did you know that, since the Bills last playoff appearance:

Only 2 MLB teams have not made the playoffs (Toronto and Kansas City, both who won the World Series in their last playoff appearance)
Every NBA team has had a playoff appearance (Longest current streak is 10 - Minnesota Timberwolves)
Every NHL team has had a playoff appearance (Longest current streak is 8 - Edmonton Oilers)

Think about that: Of the 122 teams in the major 4 sports (Baseball, Football, Basketball and Hockey) only 2 teams have a longer playoff drought than the Bills... And both of those teams won the World Championship in their last appearance.

We're not even talking about the Bills being pathetic in the NFL anymore... We're talking about being the Bills being pathetic in all of professional sports.

But, yeah, the owner never moved the team, so all of that is apparently forgivable.

-Bill

better days
08-15-2014, 03:20 PM
So, that gives Ralph a pass for the Bills being ****ty for the majority of his tenure as owner?

This is EXACTLY what OP is talking about... Some people are excusing the ****tiness of the product, simply because the owner didn't take it away, instead of demanding that the product be better.

I, for one, am not "just happy to have a team in Buffalo." I expect that team to produce results on the field (winning games). when that doesn't happen for a prolonged period of time (14 years at last count) I refuse to support them financially.... Just like Cubs fans do when the Cubs are ****ty for extended periods of time.

You say "The Cubs have been mediocre for about 100 years," but fail to realize that, since the Bills last playoff game, the Cubs have made the postseason three times (03, 07, 08).

We all know that the Bills have the longest streak in the NFL without a playoff appearance... But, did you know that, since the Bills last playoff appearance:

Only 2 MLB teams have not made the playoffs (Toronto and Kansas City, both who won the World Series in their last playoff appearance)
Every NBA team has had a playoff appearance (Longest current streak is 10 - Minnesota Timberwolves)
Every NHL team has had a playoff appearance (Longest current streak is 8 - Edmonton Oilers)

Think about that: Of the 122 teams in the major 4 sports (Baseball, Football, Basketball and Hockey) only 2 teams have a longer playoff drought than the Bills... And both of those teams won the World Championship in their last appearance.

We're not even talking about the Bills being pathetic in the NFL anymore... We're talking about being the Bills being pathetic in all of professional sports.

But, yeah, the owner never moved the team, so all of that is apparently forgivable.

-Bill

Yes to me it is forgivable.

If not to you or Opiv, that is your problem.

I had GOOD times going to Rich Stadium in the 70's & early 80's when the Bills SUCKED.

BLeonard
08-15-2014, 03:30 PM
Yes to me it is forgivable.

If not to you or Opiv, that is your problem.

I had GOOD times going to Rich Stadium in the 70's & early 80's when the Bills SUCKED.

...And, Wilson relied on suckers like you to fill the seats every Sunday. People who didn't care about the product they were sold.

Maybe fans like OP and I expect a bit more for our entertainment dollar than "at least we have a team."

As far as I'm concerned, if all's I'm cheering for every Sunday is "just having a team," then move the ****ers. I want to cheer for a team that has winning as it's priority.

Then again, Wilson apparently knew he had rubes like you, even back in the 60's: http://www.si.com/vault/1969/01/20/542599/warts-love-and-dreams-in-buffalo

Buffalonians will support a loser as well as any city, and our attendance the past two years has proved it. Despite a losing 1967 season we sold 22,000 season tickets this year, and I'd expect sales to go as high as 45,000 with a new stadium. The city's weather is no worse than a number of other big-league towns, although it does get a lot of snow after the 15th of November—when it doesn't really matter.

So, if you're sitting down at your Thanksgiving dinner this year and the Bills are out of playoff contention yet again, you can thank Wilson. Because, according to his own quote, after the 15th of November, "it doesn't really matter."

-Bill

better days
08-15-2014, 03:32 PM
...And, Wilson relied on suckers like you to fill the seats every Sunday. People who didn't care about the product they were sold.

Maybe fans like OP and I expect a bit more for our entertainment dollar than "at least we have a team."

As far as I'm concerned, if all's I'm cheering for every Sunday is "just having a team," then move the ****ers. I want to cheer for a team that has winning as it's priority.

Then again, Wilson apparently knew he had rubes like you, even back in the 60's: http://www.si.com/vault/1969/01/20/542599/warts-love-and-dreams-in-buffalo

So, if you're sitting down at your Thanksgiving dinner this year and the Bills are out of playoff contention yet again, you can thank Wilson. Because, according to his own quote, after the 15th of November, "it doesn't really matter."

-Bill

LMAO at a Cubs fan posting this.

SpikedLemonade
08-15-2014, 03:34 PM

AND you kept tickets the lowest or second lowest priced in the NFL and encouraged people to drink for free in the surrounding parking lots.

The days of both of those "key success factors" are running out in today's NFL.

BLeonard
08-15-2014, 03:37 PM
LMAO at a Cubs fan posting this.

Tell me, when's the last time I bought a ticket to a Cubs game? When's the last time I bought a Cubs hat? Hell, a Cubs ink pen?

There is a difference between being a fan of a team and supporting it financially, when I don't feel the product is worth my money.

-Bill

better days
08-15-2014, 03:39 PM
AND you kept tickets the lowest or second lowest priced in the NFL and encouraged people to drink for free in the surrounding parking lots.

I have pointed out to you before, the Bills are not the lowest or even 2nd lowest priced ticket.

And fans drink for free (although not really, they have to pay someone for the alcohol) in the VAST MAJORITY of Stadiums in the NFL!

BLeonard
08-15-2014, 03:41 PM

Here's a fun fact about that whole "lowest priced tickets in the NFL" schtick: In the previous lease (the one agreed to in 1998) if the revenue from ticket sales exceeded the league average, the Bills had to pay the difference in rent. If not, they got use of RWS rent free. I dunno if a clause like that is in the new lease, I haven't had a chance to really read it entirely, but I do have a copy of it.

My bet is, that played a factor in the ticket prices being so low... They got to trumpet the whole "cheap tickets," while getting use of the stadium rent free.

Unfortunately, like many things in life, you get what you pay for.

-Bill

better days
08-15-2014, 03:41 PM
Tell me, when's the last time I bought a ticket to a Cubs game? When's the last time I bought a Cubs hat? Hell, a Cubs ink pen?

There is a difference between being a fan of a team and supporting it financially, when I don't feel the product is worth my money.

-Bill

Well, I have a brother-inlaw from Chicago.

He still wears the same Bears cap when he comes to Fla that he bought about 30 years ago...........but he is just CHEAP.

SpikedLemonade
08-15-2014, 03:42 PM
The cheapest average ticket is once again the Cleveland Browns

at $54.20. The Buffalo Bills ($57.75) are the only other team with
an average ticket price under $60.

https://www.teammarketing.com/public/uploadedPDFs/nfl%20fci%2014.pdf

better days
08-15-2014, 03:49 PM

And I showed you CBS sports had different numbers, had the Bills at $59.00 average price & 3rd or 4th lowest.

But that is all just nit picking. As I pointed out before the Bills just have to raise their price by $10-12. to be right in line with 22 of the 32 teams in the NFL.

BLeonard
08-15-2014, 03:54 PM
Well, I have a brother-inlaw from Chicago.

He still wears the same Bears cap when he comes to Fla that he bought about 30 years ago...........but he is just CHEAP.

Maybe... Maybe it's because he doesn't feel a new hat is worth his money.

I dunno where you live, but, do you have this "at least they didn't move" mentality for everything?

I mean, if you go to a restaurant and the food and/or service is ****ty, do you go back and give them more of your money, simply because they didn't move the restaurant?

Maybe it's me, but if that were the case with me, I wouldn't give a **** if they moved or not... It'd be like the WNBA threatening to strike. I wouldn't give them my business until their product improved.

-Bill

SpikedLemonade
08-15-2014, 03:59 PM

By the way, the above prices do not include premium seating which the Bills have very little of compared to Cleveland's newer stadium and which the Bills still have difficultly selling.

Premium seating is not included in Black Out rules and the Bills have had Black Outs recently.

Not Cleveland which is about to sell 64K of season tickets.

There is no doubt that when everything is considered, Bills fans have the cheapest access to the NFL experience in the NFL.

OpIv37
08-15-2014, 05:09 PM
And I showed you CBS sports had different numbers, had the Bills at $59.00 average price & 3rd or 4th lowest.

But that is all just nit picking. As I pointed out before the Bills just have to raise their price by $10-12. to be right in line with 22 of the 32 teams in the NFL.

still that's $100-120 on seasons.

SpikedLemonade
08-15-2014, 05:10 PM
still that's $100-120 on seasons.

His numbers like his 1970 calculator are wrong.

It is much more than that.

Dr. Lecter
08-15-2014, 06:35 PM

So if he was not involved then why do you keep blaming him for all 54 years?

Or are you blaming him for the bad the last few years and not giving credit for the good?

better days
08-15-2014, 06:36 PM
By the way, the above prices do not include premium seating which the Bills have very little of compared to Cleveland's newer stadium and which the Bills still have difficultly selling.

Premium seating is not included in Black Out rules and the Bills have had Black Outs recently.

Not Cleveland which is about to sell 64K of season tickets.

There is no doubt that when everything is considered, Bills fans have the cheapest access to the NFL experience in the NFL.

Exactly premium seats are not backed out & with over 73,000 seats to sell, Buffalo needs to sell MANY MORE seats to avoid a blackout.

And I wonder if the prices you quoted include the new variable pricing.

SpikedLemonade
08-15-2014, 06:57 PM
Read.

Link is from 2013.

OpIv37
08-15-2014, 08:55 PM
So if he was not involved then why do you keep blaming him for all 54 years?

Or are you blaming him for the bad the last few years and not giving credit for the good?
What good? Even if you ignore the last 4 years or so, he still gave us far more bad than good.

better days
08-16-2014, 07:56 AM
What good? Even if you ignore the last 4 years or so, he still gave us far more bad than good.

You just live to *****.

I bet your wife & kids love living with you.

better days
08-16-2014, 08:07 AM
His numbers like his 1970 calculator are wrong.

It is much more than that.

You don't need any calculator, just look at the list in your link & add $10-12 & the Bills are right there with 22 of the 32 other teams in the NFL.

You will be proven wrong about the Bills moving which you have harped on for a long time.

Now that you see you were wrong about that, you want to make it about how much it will cost to go to games.

Well, yes it will cost a little more, but not an arm & a leg more like you think.

You will be proven wrong again.

BertSquirtgum
08-16-2014, 01:53 PM

Same old song. Cry me a river