Night Train
08-15-2014, 03:47 AM
http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=421251

Jan Reimers
08-15-2014, 03:55 AM
Very few on here would admit to it.

kishoph
08-15-2014, 04:30 AM
He didn't play that "awful" on Wednesday either, he completed 60% of his passes and it was said that there were also a few drops. He may not of lit it up, but he was moving the ball. The way WGR's Joe B. has been reporting, he just focuses on all the negative and barely ever says anything positive. I'd like to find out what his user name is, because I'm sure he's a BillsZone member.

Sammy Watkins :superman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiF7mSHsmcM

better days
08-15-2014, 06:14 AM
EJ Manuel, Day 17 MVP, Who Hoo.

How can it be possible?

I was told Manuel can not improve.

don137
08-15-2014, 06:46 AM
Great news. Keep it up EJ!

OpIv37
08-15-2014, 07:37 AM
Finally. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Lucidvizion
08-15-2014, 07:54 AM
I really hope he's just one of those guys who's bad in practices because he can't get his heart into it. Then the switch flips when stuff actually matters.

I'm trying to hold onto some hope here.

trapezeus
08-15-2014, 07:54 AM
Here's the thing and it's not just football or manual.

If you start a new job poorly or under hoped expectation, everyone demands a lot more out of you because it's easy to pile on you.
And by simply showing up tuesday and having a good day, is not enough. you have to go out there and consistently do a better job than your initial impression.

now if you came and started out hot, the reverse is also true. you get a lot more wiggle room for errors, because your perception is that you are good.

so for manual, it's not unlike most critcism. he started very slowly and right in line where a raw rookie would stat wise. So until he shows us tangible levels of getting it, we aren't going to feel like he's done anything. and that's fine. that's the only way he will get better.

OpIv37
08-15-2014, 07:59 AM
Here's the thing and it's not just football or manual.

If you start a new job poorly or under hoped expectation, everyone demands a lot more out of you because it's easy to pile on you.
And by simply showing up tuesday and having a good day, is not enough. you have to go out there and consistently do a better job than your initial impression.

now if you came and started out hot, the reverse is also true. you get a lot more wiggle room for errors, because your perception is that you are good.

so for manual, it's not unlike most critcism. he started very slowly and right in line where a raw rookie would stat wise. So until he shows us tangible levels of getting it, we aren't going to feel like he's done anything. and that's fine. that's the only way he will get better.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not convinced that Manuel will be good because he had one good practice. But two things:

1. He can't go back in time and turn all those bad practices into good ones. All he can do is be better going forward.
2. I said I wanted to read one camp report that was positive on EJ and that finally happened.

So, for now I'll take when I can get. It's a step in the right direction.

OLDSRIP
08-15-2014, 08:56 AM
He must of looked great. Even Joe B. Gave a very positive review.
i bet that hurt a little.

coastal
08-15-2014, 09:04 AM
He needs to keep coming to work every day... work harder than everyone on the team... get better... lead.

Fletch
08-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Very few on here would admit to it.

Why?

He had good games last year, one or two. They happen, to every QB.

I just love how he has one good game and it suddenly replaces the standard of five seasons of performance.

I suppose because he had a good practice we're all supposed to annoint him the franchise QB that some insist that he'll be? Is that it?

Does this really need explanation? When he starts having good gameS and good practiceS, then let's talk.

EDS
08-15-2014, 09:48 AM
This is at least the second time during camp he has been singled out as having a good day. A step in the right direction for sure.

kishoph
08-15-2014, 10:45 AM
Why?

He had good games last year, one or two. They happen, to every QB.

I just love how he has one good game and it suddenly replaces the standard of five seasons of performance.

I suppose because he had a good practice we're all supposed to annoint him the franchise QB that some insist that he'll be? Is that it?

Does this really need explanation? When he starts having good gameS and good practiceS, then let's talk.

I must of been in a coma, because I could of sworn last year he was a rookie.
If you're gonna count what he did in college, why not go back to high school and Pop Warner. Being new to the game of football, you may not realize yet that college and the NFL are 2 different leagues and what a player did in college rarely adds up to squat in the NFL.
If you honestly believe that he didn't have "good gameS " last season, then nothing he does will ever live up to your expectations. Maybe you should become a Tom Brady fan, oh wait he suck in college, must not be any good.

WagonCircler
08-15-2014, 10:48 AM
This thread is hilarious and sad, all at once.

When it's big news that your QB had his first good day of training camp after three weeks, you've got massive problems.

better days
08-15-2014, 11:01 AM
This thread is hilarious and sad, all at once.

When it's big news that your QB had his first good day of training camp after three weeks, you've got massive problems.

Well, not if EJ continues to develop & keeps having good days.

WagonCircler
08-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Well, not if EJ continues to develop & keeps having good days.

Even a rookie should have WAY more good days than bad days. This is CAMP.

As usual, the bar for Bills QBs is so low that even perfunctory days are celebrated like they're Hall of Fame performances.

EJs ceiling is very, very low.

Mr. Pink
08-15-2014, 11:16 AM
He had a GOOD DAY?! PRO-BOWL BOUND!

Franchise savior!

Dr. Who
08-15-2014, 11:43 AM
Even a rookie should have WAY more good days than bad days. This is CAMP.

As usual, the bar for Bills QBs is so low that even perfunctory days are celebrated like they're Hall of Fame performances.

EJs ceiling is very, very low.

So, if EJ doesn't have a good day, it confirms your bias. If he has a good day, it shows how people who are rooting for him and hopeful have a deluded criteria.

Very nice. You're going to look like an ass if EJ ever turns into a good qb. Actually, it may not need that.

ghz in pittsburgh
08-15-2014, 11:47 AM
Chris Brown, the Bills media guy, probably has the best line of describing EJ: he's thinking too much. Also he gave a bit of tidbit of Whaley telling EJ "play ball" -- meaning just play, not thinking -- every time they came across in training camp.

If you look at EJ's games last year, that seems to be a pattern. Usually it takes him a quarter to get comfortable in games, I guess doing less "thinking" when the game goes on. In last 2 days training with the Steelers, it follows the same pattern: on Wed he saw something new from the Steelers and was slow to adjusting to it, Thursday he was fine.

I'm not sure EJ reached "critical mass" as Brown is guessing in terms of EJ's development. To me, he might always be that type of slow warming up guy. There will be games he never figures out, like last year in Pittsburgh. Other times, you just hope the defense can hold until he does.

DesertFox24
08-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Don't get me wrong. I'm not convinced that Manuel will be good because he had one good practice. But two things:

1. He can't go back in time and turn all those bad practices into good ones. All he can do is be better going forward.
2. I said I wanted to read one camp report that was positive on EJ and that finally happened.

So, for now I'll take when I can get. It's a step in the right direction.

Wow one of the three anti EJ, EJ can never get better people maybe starting to understand 10 games a little early to judge someone.

EJ nailed it when he said consistency is key and being consistently good is the key to his success. That is one of the reasons I think we could have a keeper in him, he is very even keiled and does not get too high or low. Also he wants to be the best and wants to put the effort in, not to say the others before did not but hopefully he has the natural talent they did not have and the ability to become a top 10 QB.

Aaron Rogers sat on the bench for three years and struggled his first year as a starter, then became probably the best QB in the game. I am not saying EJ will be the best ever but I remember everyone saying the packers needed a QB after Rogers first year as a starter (they drafted Brian Brohm lol) and then in year two he become a stud.

OpIv37
08-15-2014, 12:09 PM
Wow one of the three anti EJ, EJ can never get better people maybe starting to understand 10 games a little early to judge someone.

EJ nailed it when he said consistency is key and being consistently good is the key to his success. That is one of the reasons I think we could have a keeper in him, he is very even keiled and does not get too high or low. Also he wants to be the best and wants to put the effort in, not to say the others before did not but hopefully he has the natural talent they did not have and the ability to become a top 10 QB.

Aaron Rogers sat on the bench for three years and struggled his first year as a starter, then became probably the best QB in the game. I am not saying EJ will be the best ever but I remember everyone saying the packers needed a QB after Rogers first year as a starter (they drafted Brian Brohm lol) and then in year two he become a stud.

I don't know why you're lumping me into the anti EJ crowd. I've certainly expressed my doubts as to whether or not he will get better but I've never said that it can't happen.

WagonCircler
08-15-2014, 10:34 PM
Very nice. You're going to look like an ass if EJ ever turns into a good qb..

Hmm. Your post sounds very familiar to me. Where have I heard that before?....

Very nice. You're going to look like an ass if Trent ever turns into a good qb..

Very nice. You're going to look like an ass if Holcomb ever turns into a good qb..

Very nice. You're going to look like an ass if Todd ever turns into a good qb..

Very nice. You're going to look like an ass if Rob ever turns into a good qb..

Very nice. You're going to look like an ass if Vince ever turns into a good qb..

I could go on and on.

kishoph
08-16-2014, 03:50 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who
Very nice. You're going to look like an ass if Trent ever turns into a good qb..
Very nice. You're going to look like an ass if Holcomb ever turns into a good qb..
Very nice. You're going to look like an ass if Todd ever turns into a good qb..
Very nice. You're going to look like an ass if Rob ever turns into a good qb..

Very nice. You're going to look like an ass if Vince ever turns into a good qb..

I could go on and on.

Kelly's ceiling is very, very low.

:snicker:

Dr. Who
08-16-2014, 08:08 AM

I could go on and on.

Well, I don't know how you did that, I am not computer savvy, but it is absolutely wrong to fraudulently ascribe opinions to someone that they never posted. Maybe this is humor? Naturally, it is easy to make an interlocuter look foolish if you can put words in his or her mouth.

better days
08-16-2014, 08:13 AM
I am a SOB.

He just deleted what you posted & inserted his own words, easy to do.

Dr. Who
08-16-2014, 08:20 AM
He just deleted what you posted & inserted his own words, easy to do.

Goodness. Had a terrible night, hardly any sleep, and I wake up to a prank. Oh, well, thanks for the explanation. You're one of the good guys.

Funny thing is, I actually like WagonCircler. I think he's funny, but that was a low blow.

JoeMama
08-16-2014, 03:32 PM
I like the rare mornings when I wake up, read a recap of the night practice, and stumble across something positive about EJ Manuel.

Most reports out of camp have been bad. And the last good one I can think of was cut short due to lightning.

So, of course, most of my Bills-related morning reads give me a headache that lasts throughout the day.

The better this kid plays the better it is for my health.

Keep the positive vibes coming, please.

Ingtar33
08-16-2014, 08:02 PM
2-3 days of practice against that defense... EJ played a half, including a quarter against the 2nd string. and he put up a 61QBR

I personally think preseason is mostly worthless from a stat evaluation perspective... but posts about how someone is doing in practice? ugh... if preseason is generally worthless for stat evaluation there can be nothing more pointless then analyzing practice results.

WagonCircler
08-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Goodness. Had a terrible night, hardly any sleep, and I wake up to a prank. Oh, well, thanks for the explanation. You're one of the good guys.

Funny thing is, I actually like WagonCircler. I think he's funny, but that was a low blow.

It's not personal. It's football. :)

coastal
08-16-2014, 08:19 PM
Wagon isn't funny. He's a bully.

this is just another example.

shameful.

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2014, 08:21 PM

shameful.

Stop it!

He will ***** slap you if you upset him.

WagonCircler
08-16-2014, 08:27 PM

shameful.

Cry me a river, sissy boy. I hear Lit is lurking. Better go back to hiding under your bed.

WagonCircler
08-16-2014, 08:29 PM
:Kelly's ceiling is very, very low.

Yes. That was my first post, while Al Gore and I were inventing the internet.

coastal
08-16-2014, 08:29 PM
Cry me a river, sissy boy. I hear Lit is lurking. Better go back to hiding under your bed.
Right after I mail you your check **** for brains.

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2014, 08:32 PM

You still haven't paid him?

What a deadbeat!

You should be careful since he has moved from Carolina to Buffalo which is the debt collection capital of the US.

WagonCircler
08-16-2014, 08:33 PM

Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight

Exit light
Enter LIT
Take my hand
Off to never never land

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2014, 08:37 PM
Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight

Exit light
Enter LIT
Take my hand
Off to never never land

Is that from the movie Cruising?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXGcxaN2xAc

swiper
08-17-2014, 05:59 AM
Glory be!

EJ Manuel had one good practice!

Wait. He was the 16th overall pick in the 2013 draft, wasn't he? Should he be better than that?

How many of those were dump-offs to RBs and TEs?

Our first team offense hasn't scored a TD in 3 preseason games. If you weren't nervous before. You should be. Manuel has lots of problems. One that has come front and center, AGAIN, is he struggles to run the offense in the red zone.

swiper
08-17-2014, 06:02 AM
And I'm sure he'll have another good practice or two before the season starts.

Maybe we could be spared people starting these inane threads shouting how good he "really is".

Time to start remembering how much rope you guys each gave to Trent Edwards. And how wrong you were about it the whole time.

Fletch
08-17-2014, 07:49 AM
Glory be!

EJ Manuel had one good practice!

LOL

CommissarSpartacus
08-17-2014, 06:38 PM
I watched the first half yesterday.

Meh...

Mike
08-24-2014, 01:21 AM
EJ Manuel, Day 17 MVP, Who Hoo.

How can it be possible?

I was told Manuel can not improve.

As usual Better Days is wrong until he is right - that's when he switches his vote; another way of saying that reality has overcome his dilutions .

swiper
08-24-2014, 04:56 AM
As usual Better Days is wrong until he is right - that's when he switches his vote; another way of saying that reality has overcome his dilutions .

I think you meant "delusions," but I think you hit that poster's MO on the bullseye. I noticed certain EJ apologists were absent around here yesterday during/after the game.

Fletch
08-24-2014, 06:52 AM
I think you meant "delusions," but I think you hit that poster's MO on the bullseye. I noticed certain EJ apologists were absent around here yesterday during/after the game.

They're going to collectively look like fools in 30 days.

WagonCircler
08-24-2014, 06:14 PM
I watched the first half yesterday.

Meh...

That's being way too kind.

CommissarSpartacus
08-24-2014, 09:01 PM
That's being way too kind.

That was last week. Yesterday was worse.

jills
08-24-2014, 09:29 PM
LOL! Thank God he had a good day, it really showed vs Tampa.

Mike
08-24-2014, 11:34 PM

My spelling is atrocious plus I am using iphone which does not always autocorrect well.

In regarding to the apologist, it must be said that some people know a piece of **** from 30ft, others from 10ft, yet others need to put their noses right up to it and breath it in before they entertain the idea and the last type of people, their eat **** sandwiches everyday and have no idea about it.

kishoph
08-25-2014, 03:51 AM

It may be because that there are people that actually watch the games and not just worry about what they post on message boards and what Bills fan in their right mind would want to come on here after the game to read 20 pages of Bills bashing.

swiper
08-25-2014, 04:15 AM
LOL. You should read that thread. That is a poor excuse for not wanting to take a well-deserved beating.

kishoph
08-25-2014, 04:45 AM
LOL. You should read that thread. That is a poor excuse for not wanting to take a well-deserved beating.

lol A well deserved beating for wanting to support my team and not overreact and post something negative to every play that doesn't work and in a lot of cases posting something negative to plays that do work ?

coastal
08-25-2014, 08:22 AM
lol A well deserved beating for wanting to support my team and not overreact and post something negative to every play that doesn't work and in a lot of cases posting something negative to plays that do work ?
15 goddamn years!!!!!!!!!

where are there positives anywhere in that????

Fletch
08-25-2014, 10:14 AM

Overreacting is trying to post much positive about the way that this team performs. I mean honestly, how can anyone be overreacting to the crap way that this team plays?

The way things are going we'll be lucky to be 5-11.

Fletch
08-25-2014, 10:15 AM
My spelling is atrocious plus I am using iphone which does not always autocorrect well.

In regarding to the apologist, it must be said that some people know a piece of **** from 30ft, others from 10ft, yet others need to put their noses right up to it and breath it in before they entertain the idea and the last type of people, their eat **** sandwiches everyday and have no idea about it.

LOL

So true. There's another that you forgot, some need to have it rubbed in their faces before realizing what it is.

kishoph
08-25-2014, 01:19 PM
Definition of FANATIC (Fan)

: marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion

Definition of TROLL (REALIST)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/kishoph/fat_geek.jpg