PDA

View Full Version : The Bears

better days
08-15-2014, 06:18 AM
I don't know how anyone that Watched the Bears- Jags game on Thursday Night can think the Bills will lose the first game to the Bears.

The Bears Defense played TERRIBLE & the Jags both ran & passed at will on them.

Luisito23
08-15-2014, 06:23 AM
1 word: Pre-season....

Actually, 2.

better days
08-15-2014, 06:26 AM

Actually, 2.

I realize it is only preseason, but it was a home game for the Bears & they were just DOMINATED AT HOME..............by the Jags, not exactly a power house of a team.

Historian
08-15-2014, 07:18 AM
Who exactly is the Jags coach???

OpIv37
08-15-2014, 07:46 AM
When the Bills struggle in preseason : "don't worry - it's just preseason. It was a vanilla game plan."

When one of our opponents struggles in preseason: "they're terrible- can't wait to play them. Easy win."

:rolleyes:

casdhf
08-15-2014, 07:48 AM
As opposed to the OpInverse? lol

better days
08-15-2014, 07:55 AM
Who exactly is the Jags coach???

Gus Bradley. He was the Seahawks DC before getting the HC job with the Jags.

He Coached the Bucs LB's before getting the Seahawk job.

He is a Good Coach & is running the same defense the Seahwks run.

OpIv37
08-15-2014, 07:55 AM
As opposed to the OpInverse? lol

Not sure what you're talking about. I've never once commented on an opponent's preseason performance, good or bad.

And every time I've said the Bills looked bad in preseason, well, they turned out to be bad.

better days
08-15-2014, 07:57 AM
When the Bills struggle in preseason : "don't worry - it's just preseason. It was a vanilla game plan."

When one of our opponents struggles in preseason: "they're terrible- can't wait to play them. Easy win."

:rolleyes:

If the Bills get dominated at home like the Bears were last night, I would be very concerned about them myself.

Skooby
08-15-2014, 08:01 AM
We're going to have 250 yards rushing against them, which obviously gives us TOP.

better days
08-15-2014, 08:05 AM
We're going to have 250 yards rushing against them, which obviously gives us TOP.

TOP is how the Jags beat them last night.

The Bears went 3 & out their first possession then they did not touch the ball again until the 1st Qtr was almost over.

Skooby
08-15-2014, 08:08 AM
TOP is how the Jags beat them last night.

The Bears went 3 & out their first possession then they did not touch the ball again until the 1st Qtr was almost over.

The Jags O-line sucks & they don't even have good RB's, so extrapolate that out versus Buffalo. The Bears will then load the front up to try & stop the run, you know what'll happen next ... Sammy.

tampabay25690
08-15-2014, 09:08 AM
I don't know how anyone that Watched the Bears- Jags game on Thursday Night can think the Bills will lose the first game to the Bears.

The Bears Defense played TERRIBLE & the Jags both ran & passed at will on them.

Wont read into it at all...
Atlanta has won 1 preseason game in 3 years and has made the playoffs 2 out of those years.
Chicago Offense is scary though

better days
08-15-2014, 09:19 AM
Wont read into it at all...
Atlanta has won 1 preseason game in 3 years and has made the playoffs 2 out of those years.
Chicago Offense is scary though

Agreed, the Bears have a scary good offense, but their defense is terrible.

Like Chan Gailey, Marc Trestman is a good offensive coach, but like Chan, his defense sucks.

stuckincincy
08-15-2014, 09:31 AM

Actually, 2.
3 words:

21 penalties called.

better days
08-15-2014, 09:33 AM
3 words:

21 penalties called.

It will be interesting to see if the NFL keeps that up in the regular season.

I sure hope not.

But those penalties had nothing to do with the Bears defense getting gashed for huge yards on the ground.

stuckincincy
08-15-2014, 09:49 AM
It will be interesting to see if the NFL keeps that up in the regular season.

I sure hope not.

But those penalties had nothing to do with the Bears defense getting gashed for huge yards on the ground.

???

JAX rushed 28 times for 92 yards and a 3.3 average. CHI was 26/79/3.0

JAX had long runs of 12, 18, 13. That isn't getting gashed for huge yards on the ground. CHI had long runs of 15 and 11.

JAX had 40 pass plays, CHI 33.

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/56443/CHI_Gamebook.pdf

Turf
08-15-2014, 09:49 AM
Yeah I don't like these hyper new defensive passing rules. It just opens it up for Brady to get every freakin call on 3rd down.

better days
08-15-2014, 09:54 AM
???

JAX rushed 28 times for 92 yards and a 3.3 average. CHI was 26/79/3.0

JAX had long runs of 12, 18, 13. That isn't getting gashed for huge yards on the ground. CHI had long runs of 15 and 11.

JAX had 40 pass plays, CHI 33.

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/56443/CHI_Gamebook.pdf

I did not read the stat line, I watched the game.

And I saw the Jags OL blow the Bears DL away.

Jon Gruden even commented on it. Said the Bears are WEAK up the middle & need a DT & MLB.

And a good DC like Gus Bradley wouldn't hurt either.

stuckincincy
08-15-2014, 10:11 AM
I did not read the stat line, I watched the game.

And I saw the Jags OL blow the Bears DL away.

Jon Gruden even commented on it. Said the Bears are WEAK up the middle & need a DT & MLB.

And a good DC like Gus Bradley wouldn't hurt either.

In the 1st half, JAX had an 18 yd. rush by Gearhart, and for that half, were 16 for 38 for a 2.4 yard average. I'm sure that sometime during that 1st half, CHI started defensive substitutions. I'm not saying that CHI is going to be a defensive powerhouse, but on the other hand, it's to soon to call them a weak sister.

Chuckie was a decent HC - his press conferences were hilarious - but these days, he's an NFL cheerleader who lacks pom-poms and miniskirt. In my opinion.

better days
08-15-2014, 10:17 AM
In the 1st half, JAX had an 18 yd. rush by Gearhart, and for that half, were 16 for 38 for a 2.4 yard average. I'm sure that sometime during that 1st half, CHI started defensive substitutions. I'm not saying that CHI is going to be a defensive powerhouse, but on the other hand, it's to soon to call them a weak sister.

Chuckie was a decent HC - his press conferences were hilarious - but these days, he's an NFL cheerleader who lacks pom-poms and miniskirt. In my opinion.

I don't give two cents for your opinion. Gruden called out the Bears defense last night, that is not being a cheerleader.

Skooby
08-15-2014, 10:34 AM
Chicago's defense is supposed to be weak this year & nothing during that brutal game convinces me otherwise. I would think that our massive line & very deep RB core would give us a major match-up advantage.

stuckincincy
08-15-2014, 10:43 AM
I don't give two cents for your opinion. Gruden called out the Bears defense last night, that is not being a cheerleader.

Here's Chuckie on E.J. Manuel...rah, rah, sis-boom-ba:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Gruden-excited-about-EJ-Manuels-potential/df95d66e-9292-4c98-a79d-e856ff420418

:2cents:

Ed
08-15-2014, 10:48 AM
It's odd to see a Bears team with a good offense and bad defense, but that seems to be their story this year. This is still a playoff contending team though, and the Bills have way too much to prove on offense to expect them to go into Chicago week 1 and start rolling up points.

better days
08-15-2014, 10:56 AM
It's odd to see a Bears team with a good offense and bad defense, but that seems to be their story this year. This is still a playoff contending team though, and the Bills have way too much to prove on offense to expect them to go into Chicago week 1 and start rolling up points.

If the Bills have a lot to prove on Offense, the Bears have even more to prove on defense.

The Bears were 8-8 last year. I don't think they will do any better than that this year myself.

Ed
08-15-2014, 11:09 AM
If the Bills have a lot to prove on Offense, the Bears have even more to prove on defense.

The Bears were 8-8 last year. I don't think they will do any better than that this year myself.
I hope the Bears defense blows, but it doesn't change the fact that the Bills have a lot more to prove as a team than the Bears. You've seen the Bills lose at least 10 games a year for the last 5 years and they've pretty much managed to lose every way possible. For a fan to think that a Bills team can't lose a football game sounds kind of ridiculous.

Mr. Pink
08-15-2014, 11:14 AM
The Bills have difficulty against a Bear offense without a linebacker who's gonna be able to keep up with Forte on screens and dumpoffs and trying to cover both Jeffrey and Marshall.

Defensively the Bears aren't what they once were so the offense may be able to put up some points.

Skooby
08-15-2014, 11:27 AM
We're going to win the Bears game by 10 points, so if there's a teaser to gain more advantage via the Bears being favorites then get it. I'd check the money line as soon as it's up, it'll start at Bills + 185 or so and by weeks end be down to Bills +135.

stuckincincy
08-15-2014, 11:30 AM
We're going to win the Bears game by 10 points, so if there's a teaser to gain more advantage via the Bears being favorites then get it. I'd check the money line as soon as it's up, it'll start at Bills + 185 or so and by weeks end be down to Bills +135.

When was the last time a BUF club was favored by 10?

swiper
08-15-2014, 11:30 AM

LOL. He'll use that one to his advantage every time. He'll dis is when it suits his point, or he'll wear it on his sleeve if he disagrees with someone. In the old days we called that a hypocrite. The Jags are so bad on offense that here's what real media people are saying about them:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/15/bortles-may-make-it-tough-for-jaguars-to-keep-him-on-the-bench/

More crap, from crap posters.

better days
08-15-2014, 01:07 PM
The Bills have difficulty against a Bear offense without a linebacker who's gonna be able to keep up with Forte on screens and dumpoffs and trying to cover both Jeffrey and Marshall.

Defensively the Bears aren't what they once were so the offense may be able to put up some points.

If Spikes can't keep up with Forte, which I think he can, then Bradham can.

The only way Chicago will win any games this year is by scoring a lot of points which they are capable of doing.

I just don't think the Bears offense is capable of putting up enough points against the Bills defense to win that game.

Skooby
08-15-2014, 01:18 PM
When was the last time a BUF club was favored by 10?

The bears will be favored, I'm saying to bet the Bills to win straight up.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-15-2014, 06:19 PM
The bears will be favored, I'm saying to bet the Bills to win straight up.

The bills are usually good for one road upset a year. It might as well be the Bears game. Saying we'll blow them off their own field is a little ambitious though.

better days
08-16-2014, 07:32 AM
LOL. He'll use that one to his advantage every time. He'll dis is when it suits his point, or he'll wear it on his sleeve if he disagrees with someone. In the old days we called that a hypocrite. The Jags are so bad on offense that here's what real media people are saying about them:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/15/bortles-may-make-it-tough-for-jaguars-to-keep-him-on-the-bench/

More crap, from crap posters.

Did you read the link you posted?

It said both Bortles & Henne played well against the Bears. Which is what I said.

The Jags DOMINATED the Bears in that game when the starters were in.

I also agree the Jags are not that good a team & that is the point.

For the Bears to get DOMINATED by the Jags at HOME, should be a cause of great concern for Bears fans.