PDA

View Full Version : Jim Kelly and Jon Bon Have Discussed Joining Forces

BillsImpossible
08-16-2014, 04:40 PM
http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/08/16/jim-kelly-jon-bon-jovi-discussed-joining-forces-buy-bills/

camelcowboy
08-16-2014, 04:43 PM
Say it ain't so jimbo

BillsImpossible
08-16-2014, 04:48 PM
Say it ain't so jimbo

"The Kellys have not met with Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula and his wife, Kim."

Why not?

This is getting weird.

BertSquirtgum
08-16-2014, 04:53 PM
Who cares?

BillsImpossible
08-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Who cares?

Most Bills fans care.

Can you imagine what kind of a freaking #hit storm would ensue if Kelly teams up with Jon Bon and the Trust says yes?!!!

BillsImpossible
08-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Adam Benigni just reported that Kelly has met with Tom Golisano too.

Is Kelly meeting with all of these other groups because he knows Terry Pegula does not want any minority share of ownership?

Or...

Is Kelly meeting with all of these other groups because he's secretly working for Pegula?

Night Train
08-16-2014, 05:11 PM
JBJ contacted Kelly in desperation. Chances are next to zero.

YardRat
08-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Sounds like maybe the other groups that don't have the hard cash Pegula does might be looking to add a little flash to help them in the process. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm OK with the JBJ group if they end up with the team. I'm not any more sold on Pegula than them, and I don't want Golisano, Gundlach, etc anywhere near the team.

BillsImpossible
08-16-2014, 05:17 PM
"but I'm OK with the JBJ group if they end up with the team."

YardRat is jumping ship.

I'm not okay with the JBJ.

DetDannyWilliams
08-16-2014, 05:17 PM
WGR Text...Jim Kelly takes to twitter to say that Tim Grahm's report about Jim Kelly and Bon Jovi group is not accurate.

BillsImpossible
08-16-2014, 05:22 PM
Per Howard Simon, Tim Graham says he has 7 sources on this.

BillsImpossible
08-16-2014, 05:28 PM
WGR Text...Jim Kelly takes to twitter to say that Tim Grahm's report about Jim Kelly and Bon Jovi group is not accurate.

Jill Kelly, not Jim.

BertSquirtgum
08-16-2014, 05:32 PM

Tim Graham blows.

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2014, 05:34 PM
Two sources familiar with the sales process told The News the Kellys have made lofty partnership demands: 2 percent equity in the team, lifetime jobs for Jim and Dan, an up-front cash payment for their services and final say on all football decisions.

Dream Jimbo dream!

So how long before the homers turn on Jimbo and start referring to him as Chemo Kelly?

BillsImpossible
08-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Two sources familiar with the sales process told The News the Kellys have made lofty partnership demands: 2 percent equity in the team, lifetime jobs for Jim and Dan, an up-front cash payment for their services and final say on all football decisions.

Dream Jimbo dream!

So how long before the homers turn on Jimbo and start referring to him as Chemo Kelly?

Jim Kelly clearly wants a stake in the team.

Why he's not trying to partner with Terry Pegula is baffling.

Whoever called him, "Chemo Kelly," just ate a dish full of bad karma.

YardRat
08-16-2014, 06:13 PM
"but I'm OK with the JBJ group if they end up with the team."

YardRat is jumping ship.

I'm not okay with the JBJ.

Jumping what ship? I've maintained the opinion from the beginning that they wouldn't move the team.

trapezeus
08-16-2014, 06:52 PM
Not baffling. Pegula has a solo bid and doesn't need a partner or want a partner. Why share something when it can be 100% his.

Jim will be part of the bills regardless of who gets it. If it's pegula, he won't have an ownership stake.

BertSquirtgum
08-16-2014, 07:01 PM
Jumping what ship? I've maintained the opinion from the beginning that they wouldn't move the team.

You're delusional if you truly believe that.

WagonCircler
08-16-2014, 08:05 PM
"The Kellys have not met with Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula and his wife, Kim."

Why not?

This is getting weird.

He has not met with the Pegulas because the Pegulas are the only bidders who are abiding by the rules set down by the estate.

Jim is, technically, and employee of the Bills. A "Goodwill Ambassador" of sorts.

Pegula has not had any discussions, nor made any public comments, unlike Bon Douchebag or Trump.

JK is having discussions with numerous parties, all of whom apparently see the rules as "guidelines." But Terry isn't taking any chances.

Once the sale is complete, there's zero doubt that JK would be involved in some capacity, but now is not the time for that.

Bon Jovi is said (according to Tim Graham) to be desperate and "throwing hail Mary passes" at this point.

Skooby
08-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Everyone looking for their piece.

better days
08-16-2014, 10:19 PM
Jill Kelly on twitter: "To think that anyone would think for a minute that Jim would ever link up with ownership that would move our BELOVED BILLS is ludicrous."

Cleve
08-17-2014, 06:52 AM
Well, Tim Graham clearly blew that one. No wonder Sabres' GM Tim Murray so frequently sarcastically mocks the Buffalo media - LOL

Cleve
08-17-2014, 06:54 AM

7 sources except the only two that really matter - Jim and Jill Kelly - lmao!!!!!

better days
08-17-2014, 07:28 AM
I think Bon Jovi reached out to Kelly, but I don't think Kelly considered it for a minute.

Bon Jovi: " Jim we would like you to join our group & be our ambassador to Bills fans in Buffalo. And if you have a few extra dollars you could pitch in that would be great because we are a little short."

Kelly: "LMAO"

Jry44
08-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Well, Tim Graham clearly blew that one. No wonder Sabres' GM Tim Murray so frequently sarcastically mocks the Buffalo media - LOL

Timmy Graham has been all over this sales process and has been spot on. Therefore I have no reason to not believe him. The only person thus far to contradict this report is the wife of the guy that's flirting with the villian, as expected.

I always will love Jim Kelly, but in no way, shape, or form would I be ok with him having any control over player personal.

GingerP
08-17-2014, 09:33 PM
Looks like Kelly shot him down because he thinks he is a fraud and will move the team even if he says he won't:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/jim-kelly-decides-against-partnering-with-bon-jovi-in-attempt-to-buy-the-bills-20140817

Skooby
08-17-2014, 09:36 PM
Looks like Kelly shot him down because he thinks he is a fraud and will move the team even if he says he won't:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/jim-kelly-decides-against-partnering-with-bon-jovi-in-attempt-to-buy-the-bills-20140817

So much for foresight in even talking with him.

djjimkelly
08-18-2014, 06:17 AM
pegula is not partnering with anyone because ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

pegula doesnt have to! he has enough money on his own !